+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Vinyl in a way that its never been done before??

  1. #1

    Vinyl in a way that its never been done before??

    What does Garth actually mean by this???

    That its a record but it will sound like something else??

    That no one else in recorded music has ever done Vinyl in the way Garth is going to do it?

    For those that are musically and sound inclined, what do you think it means???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    164
    Itís Garth so probably all the albums with bonus tracks

  3. #3
    Yeah I highly doubt it has anything to do with how the music actually sounds. He keeps saying the manufacturers or the label or whatever are going "are you crazy??" My guess, especially since they will be numbered and limited, is that it's a big box set with all the albums, with bonus tracks to further entice those of us that already own everything, and all for a "crazy" low price. We know he's all about chasing those album sales, so this is one more chance to boost all of them.

    For me, if there's new or unheard music on there, and as long as the price is reasonable, I'm in.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,176
    Quote Originally Posted by mdewater View Post
    Yeah I highly doubt it has anything to do with how the music actually sounds. He keeps saying the manufacturers or the label or whatever are going "are you crazy??" My guess, especially since they will be numbered and limited, is that it's a big box set with all the albums, with bonus tracks to further entice those of us that already own everything, and all for a "crazy" low price. We know he's all about chasing those album sales, so this is one more chance to boost all of them.

    For me, if there's new or unheard music on there, and as long as the price is reasonable, I'm in.
    If there's new/unheard music, I MAY buy- though it'll be to collect, not to listen- #1 I'm not investing in an outdated format more than I'd have to- not for 1 artist.. and #2 people will find a way to rip/digitize any new music that comes off these "releases"... being honest...

    still think vinyl's a niche waste of time at this point in the world but that's just me
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    677
    I've got a gut feeling on this. Twice on Studio G he has gotten on this "numbers" kick where he keeps telling people to focus on important dates, 6 digit numbers, that are important to them. I think you are going to be able to order vinyl, probably a box set of all the albums, requesting the limited edition print number of your "date". This means they could print around 123,100ish (12/31/xx) copies of the vinyl. It would be a nightmare for the people involved to have to pick out a specific print number so that could explain the "Are you crazy?" comments and would also make sense why he has been on this kick of getting people to think about important dates.

    The numbers that aren't specific to a "date" could just be randomly sold in record stores or online. That would create the hysteria to get big fans to immediately try to order their specific number.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    and #2 people will find a way to rip/digitize any new music that comes off these "releases"... being honest...
    I would HOPE that he'll include a digital copy of whatever is on the vinyl - that's pretty standard these days. But this is Garth Brooks, so who knows. If there's new music and he DOESN'T include a digital copy, that'll be frustrating.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    95
    I think youíve nailed this 100%!!!

    As far as never been done before...What if both analogue and digitial copies are on the same disc? Like side one would have the digitial side of the entire album and side two would be analogue of the entire album....that would cover the manufacturer detail he mentioned.

    The songs are short enough, remember on the overseas vinyl versions they added extra songs to No Fences and Ropiní. If he limits the albums to the OG 10 songs it could work. The longest album is Man Against Machine at almost an hour. Still he could split those longer albums into two.

    Question, do we get The Hits? Could be an awesome Record Store Day exclusive, limit it to the OG 10,000 copies. Do we get Double Live with all the different covers? And CHRIS GAINES? Please with hologram cover!!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    1,808
    As usual, I am curious as to how a vinyl release (s) will do. Top selling vinyl is usually around 30,000. Does Garth still have the clout to sell that many? If he does do well, will it spark a country trend? I will start saving up so I can get my 2 copies of each. I hope they are sold individually as well as a set. I'd like to buy a single copy of Garth Brooks to frame. I don't see a cassette release either despite Billboard's story about last years sales improving (mostly Gauardian of the Galaxy releases). As for the numbers, I wonder if that will have anything to do with RIAA numbers? With all the upcoming product and no updates on RIAA numbers in a few years, maybe he has enough to pass The Beatles now? Not to much longer now before we get new stuff.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,593
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I've got a gut feeling on this. Twice on Studio G he has gotten on this "numbers" kick where he keeps telling people to focus on important dates, 6 digit numbers, that are important to them. I think you are going to be able to order vinyl, probably a box set of all the albums, requesting the limited edition print number of your "date". This means they could print around 123,100ish (12/31/xx) copies of the vinyl. It would be a nightmare for the people involved to have to pick out a specific print number so that could explain the "Are you crazy?" comments and would also make sense why he has been on this kick of getting people to think about important dates.

    The numbers that aren't specific to a "date" could just be randomly sold in record stores or online. That would create the hysteria to get big fans to immediately try to order their specific number.
    This is exactly what I think it's going to be!

  10. #10
    The date thing will be quite weird (if this is what it is). So you buy the record (Im guessing off amazon) and the date you choose is going be the print number.

    That is very very different, but would people get really excited about it? Im guessing they might print the date on the actual record??????

    If its this its kinda quirky also, but it could be something completely different.

    So if its a vinyl boxset, how many will that sell, plus how many people will go to the trouble to ask for a date?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Fayetteville, Arkansas
    Posts
    873
    I absolutely love the numbered vinyl idea!!!!! I can't wait to hear the details on that...and I'm guessing its gotta be a box set...it makes sense to me!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    164
    You get to pick your print number? That sounds like a stupid gimmick. I can do that with a sharpie. This is nothing but a way to sell more albums.
    What would have been actually cool is if he did a box set for every album. So with the original album you get a record, cassette tape, CD, bonus CD of new things, all DVD material from that era and if he would have done anthology right (by album instead of five years) you could have put a copy of that in. It gives him 3 albums sold with each one and the fans get everything that album had to offer.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,593
    Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    You get to pick your print number? That sounds like a stupid gimmick. I can do that with a sharpie. This is nothing but a way to sell more albums.
    What would have been actually cool is if he did a box set for every album. So with the original album you get a record, cassette tape, CD, bonus CD of new things, all DVD material from that era and if he would have done anthology right (by album instead of five years) you could have put a copy of that in. It gives him 3 albums sold with each one and the fans get everything that album had to offer.
    Ooh, how about boxed sets of each album that contains every release and re-release of that album:

    D1. Original release disc
    D2. Limited Series disc
    D3. 90's Anniversary disc (where applicable)
    D4. Remastered Series disc
    D5. 2014 Remix Disc
    D6. For No Fences, the latest anniversary release that was cancelled a few years ago, and for The Chase and In Pieces, their latest individual Anniversary releases, and then the latest Anniversary version where both albums are on one disc.
    D7. 2019 Vinyl disc

    And each box could also come with a download card for the GhostTunes and Amazon digital versions of that album - I know they're identical, but come on, we're gettin' nuts here!


    And then for Double Live, he could do a boxed set with all the covers plus a new one just for kicks.

    And then just think, if he can con some new retailer into printing and shipping a million of each box, he could add 8-9 million more copies to each album's RIAA totals. BRILLIANT!!!

  14. #14
    All I know is that I will certainly buy all the vinyl releases. I've been waiting for this for quite some time. This, to me, is more exciting than anything he's done in the last 24 months.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Ooh, how about boxed sets of each album that contains every release and re-release of that album:

    D1. Original release disc
    D2. Limited Series disc
    D3. 90's Anniversary disc (where applicable)
    D4. Remastered Series disc
    D5. 2014 Remix Disc
    D6. For No Fences, the latest anniversary release that was cancelled a few years ago, and for The Chase and In Pieces, their latest individual Anniversary releases, and then the latest Anniversary version where both albums are on one disc.
    D7. 2019 Vinyl disc

    And each box could also come with a download card for the GhostTunes and Amazon digital versions of that album - I know they're identical, but come on, we're gettin' nuts here!


    And then for Double Live, he could do a boxed set with all the covers plus a new one just for kicks.

    And then just think, if he can con some new retailer into printing and shipping a million of each box, he could add 8-9 million more copies to each album's RIAA totals. BRILLIANT!!!
    Donít give him any ideals lol.
    I bought the original Garth brooks album and no fences on cassette and will always be how I remember those albums. I saw one the other day and even though I do not have a cassette player wanted to buy it

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts