+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2019

IMO it was another lackluster Studio G. I am really getting aggravated regarding the lack of information on the Fun album which was suppose to be out in the spring. I looked in my Amazon account today, and it will soon be a year since I pre-ordered this new album. I will never pre-order early again for any future new studio albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellie View Post
    IMO it was another lackluster Studio G. I am really getting aggravated regarding the lack of information on the Fun album which was suppose to be out in the spring. I looked in my Amazon account today, and it will soon be a year since I pre-ordered this new album. I will never pre-order early again for any future new studio albums.
    Yeah kinda nice if he get some info following.

The studio album, plus the tech thing he is suppose to be doing at one of his concerts, (I sure hope its not just sirius playing one of his songs from his concert)

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Brief recap (stream of consciousness typing of recap) for today's inside studio G

starts talking about shows north of the border (show in canada - mosaic stadium regina SK)

ask garth from Canada- Jeremy from SK

question: during housekeeping - bring the queen outto do songs?

on 10/13/93, you sang to all the girls I loved before as nelson/iglesias… will you? - Garth answers NO… (with a smile)

next inside studio G will have a lot of fun stuff…

DENVER talk
    —————————
    will be doing much too young live there at Denver, recording it..

Joe Nichols will be opening for Denver

talking to joe about opening.. mentions 84,500 people as a number of people there…

ask garth about the ‘shameless rose’ - probably will be doing shameless though in the show…

ask garth with mom and 2 girls talking about denver, etc.. (a few weeks old, as mentions ‘in a few weeks’ for denver).. shows… - no real question- but talks about garth channel…

ask garth (w/o a question) talking about garth being only one who can make 70,000 people , feel like only person in the room

ask garth- when are you coming back to play oklahoma? “not soon enough” acc. to garth.

ask garth - Oregon state students… opening up Friday night sound check to oregon state students, and to oregon students.. for faculty/staff, there’s a $10 fee..

ask garth - not really a question, but a young toddler dancing to 2pc

ask garth - talking about kentucky and places to play..

ask garth - thanking for music and instilling to love one another…. question is- do you think you’ll make special guest appearances on TY’s tour? - garth says no, he’s ‘arm candy’…

stadium tour takes a break for the 4th quarter (this fall apparently).. Garth will be on TY tour…

talking about TY’s new single.

………

goodbyes…

-

So to wrap up- the important parts.

1- Joe Nichols will open in Denver
    2- The tour will be taking a break in the fall it appears (the 4th quarter) when TY's tour starts...
    3- Much Too Young is being sing and recorded in Denver
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    next inside studio G will have a lot of fun stuff…
    As in the album "Fun" or just fun in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    As in the album "Fun" or just fun in general?
    good question- the tone of the answer to me was more along the lines of 'fun in general' but anything's possible

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Skywise thank you for always putting up the recaps. I just can’t sit and watch it anymore, every week is the same stuff. He comes on talks with the 2 idiots running it, makes stupid announcements about things we don’t care about, takes selected questions that are beyond dumb and then hints at things for the next show that he does not do. I am close to being done until the new album comes out and if it sucks I am going to lose most my interest for him being anything other than a has been

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Skywise thank you for always putting up the recaps. I just can’t sit and watch it anymore, every week is the same stuff. He comes on talks with the 2 idiots running it, makes stupid announcements about things we don’t care about, takes selected questions that are beyond dumb and then hints at things for the next show that he does not do. I am close to being done until the new album comes out and if it sucks I am going to lose most my interest for him being anything other than a has been
    No problem!! I know I've been a bit sparse lately w/ the recaps, bt in my defense, I had a long term sub job with 6th graders and honestly, it was all encompassing.. . will try to be a bit more regular w/ them this summer

I have noticed a bit of 'sameness' to the shows certainly. keep faith though.. at least he is present most weeks

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Was there suppose to be a Studio G Today?????

It just started. They were a little late starting.

Opps started a few minutes late.
    Talked of how his Denver concert was his best ever.
    Bought Trisha on and talked of her new single.
    That was it in terms of news.
    Went for a little bit under 30 Minutes.

So guess we can give up any hope he is going to discuss the new album.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    So guess we can give up any hope he is going to discuss the new album.
    He did mention Dive Bar, the duet with Blaker Shelton being released to country radio being released on the 18th I think?

I still love Garth but I have given up watching studio g. It's on at midnight here and we rarely get any new information. Even catching up the following day seems like 30 minutes wasted. I just read up on the review by Skywise here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I still love Garth but I have given up watching studio g. It's on at midnight here and we rarely get any new information. Even catching up the following day seems like 30 minutes wasted. I just read up on the review by Skywise here.
    thank you for the vote of 'confidence' as it were! I'll keep doing recaps!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Same. Thank you Skywise!

Thanks fences! Will do recap later today at dentist (hehe birthday gift for me )

Do you all prefer the playboy play recaps, the mix, or brief recaps of impt parts

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Thanks fences! Will do recap later today at dentist (hehe birthday gift for me )

Do you all prefer the playboy play recaps, the mix, or brief recaps of impt parts
    Not sure I’ve seen the playboy recap. That could be interesting. Ha!

I personally like the recap of just the important parts. Unfortunately, not much important in there these days.

No preference boss, you always seems to hit the important bits.

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY ��
    Last edited by fences2312; 06-12-2019 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Added Hppy birthday wish

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Not sure I’ve seen the playboy recap. That could be interesting. Ha!

I personally like the recap of just the important parts. Unfortunately, not much important in there these days.
    The play by play take longer, as I essentially transcribe everything, and def. every ask garth call/message.. the recaps are just of important parts.. I'll do that one for today...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I know we can post pics on the site now, but “playboy play” recaps might be a little much, unless it’s just for the articles! (wink wink!!)

And yes, Happy Birthday, Scott! (If it is indeed your birthday)

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I know we can post pics on the site now, but “playboy play” recaps might be a little much, unless it’s just for the articles! (wink wink!!)

And yes, Happy Birthday, Scott! (If it is indeed your birthday)
    Ha!! Ok, I was in the dentist' chair at that point... play by play is what should have been typed!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

ok it's late.. but heres the recap of Monday's Inside Studio G

Inside Studio G 6-10-2019 Recap

“Epic, can we just start with that right there? more people watching.. (thinking he’s talking about ISG viewers there) than…”

talks about adding TY to show today- mentioning her week w/ her new single

mentions “we had the best show of our career last week” (again mentioning Denver)

throwing a bit of Denver love out there..

LOVED the G-MEN intro in Denver. talking about Chris Leuzinger (who btw just happens to be the uncle of a friend of my sisters .. lol)

called it (again) the most epic show he’d ever been a part of

Garth tries to explain what set the show apart.

crowd felt like same crowd like a Minn., like Pittsburgh, but this time “we answered the bell”.

what happened in Denver was a level he’d never been at. everything ‘got bigger and bigger’..

called it an out of body experience..

does mention the altitude..

ask garth

don’t recog. the guy but Garth did…

“what is the one best show you’ll say you ever had”

well what a coincidence here (BS it’s a coincidence garth- I’m from Denver but this isn’t a coincidence that this question got through…) if this would have been before this weekend, jordan, I would have told you one of the three shows in Dublin Ireland when we played Croke park. it felt
    like a real. it’s just weird. here’s the rule we follow- the fan lives in the moment, the entertainer lives in the moment before. it was like stepping out of your body and watching it happen, never have I seen a crowd and a band go at it like that, so I’m gonna say Denver. Frickin A, Denver Colorado.. stadium tour 2019, that was my favorite show

talking about Denver and ‘the river’ showing pics of the show when the lights were playing on ‘the river’

a lot of ‘Denver love’ as it were with this ISG at first. some great shots…

showing Blake Shelton talking about Garth from Entertainment tonight…

talks about dive bar a bit.. (how it’ll be a summertime anthem)

coming to radio on 6/18 at 6am eastern…

talking about how their voices (garth and Blake) sound alike…

explaining Boise and why there were 2 shows… also talking about how Blake is coming for Friday night and he’s coming they’ll be recording ‘dive bar’ live.. (audio and video)

talking about Regina SK show selling out in an hour, and 2nd show happening…

didn’t know 2nd show was coming

ask garth

wanting know what can be done about tickets going on sale while people who are ‘Garthaholics’ as he put it (garth Nutts is better )are traveling to shows (this guy’s been to 158 shows of Garth overall

doesn’t know how it goes, but will put on another show..

Garth’s saying this is his favorite tour of his career already ( of course- your’e selling out stuff and making buckets of $ )

Talking to TY and about the song ‘Every Girl In this Town’

talks about TY Tailgate, and a ‘singalong’ they ended up having at the Denver Tailgate..

talks about her new single..

ask garth (well TY)
    what was it like hearing every girl on the radio for the first time

goes to talking about hearing yourself on the radio for first time….

thanks the writers of the song..

thanks country radio.. “you don’t get to hear the song if country radio doesn’t play it” (I’m gonna somewhat call BS on that one…) (w/ streaming and other ways to hear things…. it’s not a radio dependent world anymore

TY talks about Dive Bar and singing blake’s part on Saturday in Boise

—Goodbyes—

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

kinda from the hip but here's the recap for today..

inside studio G recap 6-17-2019

——

(joined part way though first ask garth question…)

Ask Garth (Wyoming people)

someone helped get them home from Denver to Cheyenne (evidently had a flat tire)

diving in to ‘dive bar’.. released snippets of it..

talking about Blake Shelton’s single …. (God’s country?) currently

playing a snippet of dive bar- different than what was played earlier..

again mentioning how they sound alike..

gonna be fun, start of good relationship, playing pranks on each other ,etc…

talking more about TY (Every Girl) and her debut..

dive bar premieres 6am eastern..

national ‘dive bar’ day is on 7-7….

working on video (first in like 10 years)

play first time live.. only time playing live

shooting video this week. Radio gets the single exclusively (and garth channel)

should be exclusive till amazon prime day, then they’ play the video and ‘release everything’.. (maybe the new album???)

ask garth

asking about how did the collaboration with Blake happen.

Dive Bar will be part of ‘fun’…. finishing it up at the studio, vocal overdubs and mixing… it’ll be released in the middle of ‘dive bar’.. (sounds like a prime day release)

‘jones meets stones’ type of song

ask garth

asking about how many pranks they pulled on each other recording dive bar

ask garth about video for every girl and dive bar video..

talking about the video- unless video brings something new, why do it? this time it’s happening

ask garth mentions Denver , getting engaged playing songs to each other, etc….. asks about how do we get all the stories about the music an the appreciation of the music, … how get it to the songwriters etc….

diff between dDenver and every other city, the band ‘uncorked one’.. had best night of stadium tour so far..

talking about the ‘g men’ people.. starting to bring out one at a city, don’t know which cities…

Chris Leuzinger is playing the solo on dive bar

talking about some of the guys who will be brought out and celebrated…

will also bring out the songwriters.. (dang would love to see that!!!)

ask garth

who’s idea was it for the glowing wrist bands…

wanted to pick a city… an appreciation for the fans at the top.. 26000 or so wristbands were put out… also first two rows turned on (talks about tickets being given out to upper deck people)

mentions the different songs they were used for.. brought it only to 1 city..

talking about bringing something to Oregon.. will know it’s special there

ask garth
    first concert. how were you able to play off the crowds energy the way you do? (her first concert)

garth says he just watched, it was like a prize fight.. the band and the crowd went at it, fed off of each other, etc…

talking about the stadium tour maybe just beginning to wake up.. Denver maybe becoming the show they ‘shoot for’…

rehashing (hehe!) the release tomorrow of dive bar… talks about God’s country single for Blake again..

saying goodbyes….

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

He also mentioned Fun for the first time in a while. I was beginning to wonder if it was delayed like Sevens was because of the Legacy set. (Still hope he releases Triple Live on its own).

I found it interesting he said 'it'll be released in the middle of 'dive bar'... that sounds a slight bit intriguing...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Two short ones, it cut out the first time, then he came back for a minute and a half to announce a concert in Eugene? (I couldn't make it out, it was quite muffled) and the opening act.

Im not sure if there is a later announcement today or not, about the concert? Again it was hard for me to hear.

Opps gone back and listened again, the announcement was who the opening act in Eugene will be , the concert of course has already been announced.
    He also mentioned dive bar is the most added song in country radio.

Inside Studio G Recap for this week

A short one (I think about 2m23s between the two segments) it cut out as Garth was on the plane (boarding)..

Inside Studio G Recap 6-24-2019

BRIEF (like about 2m30s long brief) ISG this week- broken into two parts, as the feed cut out..

Garth’s woking on a tarmac to his plane.. I assume heading to oregon?

———————

BRIEF look at the plane (TY, and two other people already on board, with hashtag (I assume) filming Garth getting on. There are what appears to be 6 seats maybe, and it looks like either 2 beds or a couch and a bed in the back

Gotta announce Eugene oregon this week.

announcing Dive Bar highest debut and most added song this week (and comments about TY being most added last week)

eugene - light it up, have fun, sold out

***cuts out****

announce brooke eden opening for Garth in Eugene. flying so can’t do the rest of the show..
    https://www.brookeeden.com/bio/ - a little about who she is..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB79...tHZ3yQ4zCfKzAs

NOTHING really big at all this wek…

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Just a friendly observation, it sure seemed he was about to say Oregon was the greatest show ever until he realized he had just done it for Denver

So am I the only person that finds Studio G tonight as fishy? He’s doing it on an off night, it is 7/7 (and we know his thing for the number 7) and it’s National Dive Bar day. With the random mention of a “Dive Bar Tour announcement” I’ve got a gut feeling there may be a pop up show tonight. I may be as wrong as can be, but just got a hunch.

+ Reply to Thread