+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2019

I do that. I don't listen to country radio much anymore. If I want music I put Garth in my CD player or other CDs I own. I try to support older acts I like because they are still producing and I liked their music. Country music does go in cycles. Remember when Charlie Rich burned the card announcing John Denvers win as EOY. I wish Garth would quit pandering to the radio stations and just release his music. His fans will buy and listen. If it is exceptional, the radio stations can follow along. Garth's marketing will sell his music. And of course he will do boxed sets with his classic stuff to help boost sales of newer stuff. Plus he will probably do bundles and maybe do a concert bundle. I would love to see a concert CD of material as a ticket bundle. But he sells out so fast the logistics are probably horrible. But if they could work out something can you imagine 30 or 40 thousand fans buying a CD. I think vinyl is what we are going to be seeing for a while. It's the new trend (and even cassettes are making a very small comeback). I am not into cassettes, I gave all mine away except for about 20 Chris Gaines Lost In You singles I picked up on sale for 50 cents or a quarter. I use to collect a lot of Garth stuff but when I became disabled and had to move close to my Mom I had to git rid of a lot of it. That is why I focus on the albums. I kept my music of all genres. Now, since we don't have record store in town, I take the CDs I don't listen to into the used album store and trade them in for Garth CDs. Speaking of which, I was in San Luis Obispo for one of my surgeries and planned on going to one of two record stores. They were closed. It was 10:30 in the morning and they didn't open till 11:00. My cousin had to get back to town so I missed out on buying Garth Brooks music. But I have stack of CDs for trade at the Paradise Trading Post. I wish he would surprise drop Triple Live instead of trying to sell the expensive Legacy set.

Do you think Garth might mention "Fun" Tomorrow? Im kinda guessing he will of course mention
    the legacy, Trisha and the upcoming concert in Nashville, hopefully he might talk of "Fun" also!!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Hmm- best guess w/o thinking too much about it?

he mentions Legacy.. probably has we shall be free as the 'legacy moment' segment..
    he mentions the concert in Knoxville (it's not nashville that's getting it, it's knoxville- at the stadium U of T uses apparently)
    he mentions 'fun' but really doesn't say too much about it
    he gets asked a few softball questions that don't mean much
    he gushes on TY
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Hmm- best guess w/o thinking too much about it?

he mentions Legacy.. probably has we shall be free as the 'legacy moment' segment..
    he mentions the concert in Knoxville (it's not nashville that's getting it, it's knoxville- at the stadium U of T uses apparently)
    he mentions 'fun' but really doesn't say too much about it
    he gets asked a few softball questions that don't mean much
    he gushes on TY
    Yeah we shall be free will probably the legacy moment section, (probably with a clip he calls rare, that we have seen a lot of times, hehe)
    Yeah he gotta mention the concert coming up in Nashville, man that stadium looks massive!!!!
    Yep there will be softball questions and he will mention Trishas new album.
    I am hoping though that he will give "Fun" a wee mention! :-)
    I really cant see anything else he will talk about? The dive bar???

Brett there's no concert in Nashville. It's in Knoxville.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Brett there's no concert in Nashville. It's in Knoxville.
    Oh sorry, Knoxville!

Dive Bar video will be released in 10 days to two weeks. (they showed a little clip of the making of it)
    The album Fun will have 12 songs on it.

They have cut 11 songs, one more song to cut.

Someone asked when will anthology be released, he didnt answer, he just said what it will be about.

Studio G About 22 minutes long I think.

Just caught the tail end of ISG...

Anthology Vols 2 & 4 are being worked on now. Vol 2 will cover 95-2005. Vol 4 will cover the hits.

Fun will have 12 tracks. He’s finished 11. They’ll work on #12 next and then send it off to the presses.

Brett beat me to it... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Just caught the tail end of ISG...

Anthology Vols 2 & 4 are being worked on now. Vol 2 will cover 95-2005. Vol 4 will cover the hits.

Fun will have 12 tracks. He’s finished 11. They’ll work on #12 next and then send it off to the presses.

Brett beat me to it... haha
    Haha, I got in first. So fun out in about four weeks time???? Before Legacy???

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Haha, I got in first. So fun out in about four weeks time???? Before Legacy???
    Doubt it... but we'll see. Definitely sounds like they'll be releasing it this year though. So at least there's that

FUN with 12 tracks...YES! "Gunslinger" felt way too short especially with every other post-"Fresh Horses" album having at least twelve cuts.

Doubt it... but we'll see. Definitely sounds like they'll be releasing it this year though. So at least there's that
    Yeah its great to see that Fun will be released this year. I dont think we will be getting stand alone triple live though.

But anthology next year!!!!!

Gotta say, the video for dive bar looks really cool.

12 is good but they way he releases albums now should have been a double disc with 22 songs.

Neyland Stadium, Knoxville holds alot of people. 100,000+. Should be interesting on ticket sells!

ok- gotta keep up my end (apologize hasn't happened- life gets away from me)

report/recap coming

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Inside Studio G Recap 9-9-2019

(Sorry it’s brief I was multi tasking while recapping)

Dive Bar Video
    Most fun he’s had on a video shoot, couldn’t stop laughing.

Everyone was ‘great’ (thanks Blake Shelton and others..)

4 band members in the video had to be cert. as divers since there was stuff under water, they spent week before being cert at a Nashville quarry. (For insurance)

Just a fun weekend. Had a cast of 30 to 50 at end of video. Took 3 days to shoot..

contrary to some (one) online who has put up a video that “Garth Lied again”.. in referencing the video.. what comes to mind is “haters gotta hate”.. seriously, Garth didn’t say ‘would see the whole thing’ he said ‘wanted you to be the first to see it’ (and ISG peeps were.. behind scenes stuff and snippets….

Stadium tour stop in Knoxville

11/16.. one of largest stadiums in us (Knoxville)

Shows stadium singing FILP at this week’s football game

Talking about TY going home to Monticelllo…

Dive bar now top 20 on charts

Ask Garth

Darren: Anxious to know your contribution to the Ken Burns Documentary on Country Music

- He’s seen all of it, can’t stop once start watching it. Watched the first 12-24 hrs in a row (have seen all of it)..

Mentions some interviews in it.. but bypasses his involvement completely

LEGACY SPOTLIGHT : THE RED STROKES

The Red Strokes…

Talks about video shoot (most of details already shared information wise)

Legacy

10/1 - 11/1.. All gone. Retail has them all. Do have partners, some of which have not been partners before (mentions Costco, best buy, amazon, and Cracker Barrel (really?) )

People are pitching ideas for Dive Bar Stop…. ISG will be from Texas in 2 weeks (will have one next week? Dont’ know)

Ask Garth

Tiina- how can you stay in focus when you have so much going on? I thought men couldn’t multitask.

- “al I can say is its fun running as fast as you can, reminds me of the music business before having kids”

Ask Garth

Curtis - When is the next volume of your biography coming out (Anthology)?

- Anthology 2 - putting together right now (interviews and pictures) will cover prob. 1995/1996 till 2006/2006 , Walmart deal (and retirement).

- Anthology.4 - The hits not only what songs are about but what country was goigng through at that time and how music influenced that.

FUN is wrapping up. 12 songs, just finished #11 (wrapped it up) today. Have one more to go then ‘off to the presses’..

Goodbyes..

25m26s this week

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Tomorrow Inside Studio G will probably be....

The new ticket sale for Tennessee.
    Legacy.
    Dive Bar.
    Trisha.
    He may mention the Ken Burns Doco.

More w/ the speculation...

ok then...

Tomorrow:
    Tennesse information- he'll act flabbergasted at the ticket issues...
    He'll shove legacy down our throats
    He'll gush over TY
    He'l answer softball questions and non questions that the sycophants pick up and out for him to see...
    ISG will run approximately 23m24s...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    More w/ the speculation...

ok then...

Tomorrow:
    Tennesse information- he'll act flabbergasted at the ticket issues...
    He'll shove legacy down our throats
    He'll gush over TY
    He'l answer softball questions and non questions that the sycophants pick up and out for him to see...
    ISG will run approximately 23m24s...
    haha, if Studio G runs 23m24s tomorrow, can you give me your prediction for the New Zealand Lotto numbers!

Yeah shoutout baby!

My twitter account is guy smiley

He showed a still pic of the video I uploaded, from what that guy filmed in 1994, at the point, we shall be free!!

long studio G, not a lot of info.

Ok still have to do recap (I've downloaded the show- will tackle after a workout) but It measures in at 32m14s this week. Dang I was off only by about just under 9 m )

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Inside Studio G Recap...

T here wasn't anything really of interest or newsworthy tidbits..

Garth was dressed up due to a T4K board thing...

they mentioned that next week would be broadcasting from texas

probably 6-7 weeks out of having the Vinyl in hands....

that's really all that there was... n nothing much at all

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Will the Dive Bar video be released any time soon? How's it doing on the charts? also will it be on Youtube or will it be stuck in Amazonville ?

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    Will the Dive Bar video be released any time soon? How's it doing on the charts? also will it be on Youtube or will it be stuck in Amazonville ?
    hmm nothing about it really mentioned on ISG this week but to do my best to answer w/ the info we know..

1) I'd say it's out in the next few weeks.. (they were finishing up something if memory serves last week or so)

2) Dive bar on the charts? dont know... but I'd check the other threads on PG where gbkubfan informs on the chart positions a lot

3) NO.. It will not be on youtube- at least not officially as a release FROM Garth- He's "in thick" with Amazon- it's gonna be on Amazon only I'd wager (officially at least)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So scrolling through my Instagram this morning, did any of you see this video of Garth promoting a new HD version of Amazon Music?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    So scrolling through my Instagram this morning, did any of you see this video of Garth promoting a new HD version of Amazon Music?
    saw it but didn't really investigate it myself- he didn't mention it on ISG yesterday at all either

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Yeah I saw it. Amazon HD is basically Amazon's new lossless / hi-res streaming service. Pretty good deal in that you get CD / redbook and hi-res streaming for $13 a month if you're a Prime Member, and $15 a month if you're not. Way better than Tidal's offering. According to some reports on other message boards, the sound quality is pretty great! Now if Apple will follow suit and then if both will actually start selling lossless downloads, then we'll really be in business!!

Yeah I saw it. Amazon HD is basically Amazon's new lossless / hi-res streaming service. Pretty good deal in that you get CD / redbook and hi-res streaming for $13 a month if you're a Prime Member, and $15 a month if you're not. Way better than Tidal's offering. According to some reports on other message boards, the sound quality is pretty great! Now if Apple will follow suit and then if both will actually start selling lossless downloads, then we'll really be in business!!
    Yup, I do unlimited for now but in time I'll switch over to HD.

Love my CD's though, nothing replaces physical media for me.

When the dive bar video is released? where will it be online?????

Amazon doesnt have music videos right??????

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    When the dive bar video is released? where will it be online?????

Amazon doesnt have music videos right??????
    more appropriate in the dive bar thread or another one than the ISG thread? but good question- maybe the next ISG will have the answer? (before his next dive bar show)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread