+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Hanslow View Post
    I'd rather pay $100 for all three packages and not get charged till October, but thats just me XD
    Oh yeah, for collectors, today's offer is nothing short of phenomenal!! I'm tempted to throw in a pre-order, figuring I can just cancel anytime before my card gets charged. But then I think, I don't collect Garth's music for the packaging or even for the collectability, I collect it for the songs. So in that sense, $75 for the Limited Edition will work just fine for me. Especially since that $75 will be just the "suggested" retail price, meaning retailers will actually likely sell it for a lot less, probably around $50. That's good enough for me.

But for you collectors out there, or for you eBay enthusiasts, I would jump on this deal since it truly is something special!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Oh yeah, for collectors, today's offer is nothing short of phenomenal!! I'm tempted to throw in a pre-order, figuring I can just cancel anytime before my card gets charged. But then I think, I don't collect Garth's music for the packaging or even for the collectability, I collect it for the songs. So in that sense, $75 for the Limited Edition will work just fine for me. Especially since that $75 will be just the "suggested" retail price, meaning retailers will actually likely sell it for a lot less, probably around $50. That's good enough for me.

But for you collectors out there, or for you eBay enthusiasts, I would jump on this deal since it truly is something special!!

Thank you for articulating what I couldn't type out earlier, this is me to a T!

The best case scenario is if he re-releases the albums on CD by themselves at $5 like the 2014 Legacy reissues, I'd gladly rebuy them if the bonus tracks are worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Pass.
    Same.

No Fences is his best, but I don't need å re-re-re-re-re-re-re issue of it.

I really dislike the cover of the box.

Is it confirmed that if you order tonight, you don’t get charged until it ships?

Quote Originally Posted by pudge104 View Post
    Is it confirmed that if you order tonight, you don’t get charged until it ships?
    You get charged 30 days before it ships, at least according to the video last night.

Based on what he just said in the new Facebook live video that just went up about Triple Live having 2 different covers in every box, it appears that all 3 boxes will have CDs... am I interpreting that correctly?

I believe that for was the Triple Live Vinyl covers not cds. Cannot wait for the on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    I believe that for was the Triple Live Vinyl covers not cds. Cannot wait for the on sale.
    So he's going to have two vinyl covers for Triple Live in each box? Not one cover on the CD and another on the Vinyl?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    *** no inside studio G recap this week as it was all vinyl talk, w/o any ask garth's evidently.... discussion of vinyl is better suited I'd wager on the vinyl thread.. thus recaps will return hopefully with next weeks' edition of inside studio G ***
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Will tonight's Studio G be more recap of the vinyl releases, or do you all think we'll maybe start to hear more about the new album?

Will tonight's Studio G be more recap of the vinyl releases, or do you all think we'll maybe start to hear more about the new album?
    Hopefully it's a little vinyl talk and a lot of Tour talk!

The first bit of stuido G Im guessing will talk the vinyl thing, the rest will be about the start of the tour!!

Quote Originally Posted by STLGarth View Post
    Hopefully it's a little vinyl talk and a lot of Tour talk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    The first bit of stuido G Im guessing will talk the vinyl thing, the rest will be about the start of the tour!!

Oh yeah, the tour starts this week. Then yes, I guess that's what will dominate the conversation.

I'm getting more and more anxious for info on the new album, but I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

Missed studio G today, any news out of it?

Juest watched the replay of it.

he was apologetic about the Vinyl (thought he was sincere and genuine)

In 2 to 3 weeks they will say when the next window to buy the vinyl will be.

He talked of st louis, no opening act.

He has a press conference on Friday about St Louis.

Thats about it really, in terms of newsy stuff.

He also announced that Cody Johnson will be opening in Phoenix! That's really cool.

He did say that St. Louis we may hear some songs we normally don't get to hear? I'm excited!! No opening act means more Garth ..
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Coming out with New Era caps finally, but I think it's his flat bill style....

I thought there were some good tidbits woven in the broadcast. One of them was that discussion on a new single in a couple of weeks and if it's the one he thinks it'll be then a video will accompany it.

When was the last actual video from Garth, More than a Memory?

ok after the week break (unintentional) here's the recap for this week..

Inside Studio G Recap 3-11-2019

Inside Studio G clocked in at 33:10 this week- a long one!

not gonna b word for word recap except for ask garth questions…

Beginning with pics, video of st Louis area (I know there was talk of a documentary being filmed? looks like docum, style footage )

(Gotta say - Girl Scouts selling cookies outside of the arena? Great selling area!)

(Though I have to say I’m hoping the documentary footage was more than what we’re gonna see in the start of inside studio G)

Thanking people for the weekend at St Louis..

Of course, hashtag and (Samantha?) had a great time….

“I’m so. Sore, so tired..” It was a big weekend, a huge stage…

May be best reviewed concert etc. ever done…. But can improve..

Hearing that everyone’s done/safe/out of building (union people/local workers in STL) as of 45m ago (meaning yesterday.. meaning that’s a LOT to unpack/pack up after the show!

Showing picture of garth holding crocheted blanket.. a great picture…

Some great photography

Stadium shows look good so far

Thinks favorite thing about the show was getting to sing with Ty again

Amazed at pictures….

In studio today doing tracking for iHeart awards…. Has Ty England with him for inside studio G

Talking to ty about what was it like playing stadiums…

Talks about playing catch and hand growing into the mitt. Lost it, found it, went out to play catch with his son, it’s like it melts into his hand..

Felt like he never left

Everyone’s saying hi to Ty on FB/twitter, etc..

Talking about sound for the tours/stadium check etc…

Gave Palmer the on stage MVP, he ‘carried them all’

When he was there, he looked at it as ‘garth’s music’, but realized part way through the show- nah, its ‘our music’…

Ty leaves with a “see you in Glendale”…

Blair masters and Gordon Kennedy are two ‘new guys’ in the band for this tour joining Gant, McClure, Ty England, and Palmer

Trishas tailgate was cancelled due to the weather…. Muddy, raining, etc..

Had to cancel the tailgate- about halfway through the show, went and got Trisha.. she sang some….

TY is not touring with Garth on this one, it’s just that the tailgate got cancelled (weather problems) and she was there, and people wanted to see her, so …..

ASK GARTH

Erica (video)

Garth played wolves, she’s in remission from Cancer (. “ this is her! The Remission girl” - is how Garth put it)

for an ask garth for this segment, I guess I’ll ask- do these moments mean as much to you as they do to us ehh- I can predict his answer- yes…

“Oh yes, you do know the answer”…. (called it!)

You take the people with you- thats what’s it’s like to be garth every night- were walking west now we’re marching west…

Our job is to top STL show

Heidi and Lindsay outside the dome in st Louis

Not an ask garth but mentioned A&E there

A&E Documentary

Doing a documentary for Garth- coming put probably in the fall
    They are interviewing everybody
    For the first time they’re gonna interview the children (fans?? band kids? Garth’s kids? Who knows)
    Guy named al is heading it up working with Tami
    Won’t be any interviews who doesn’t know them first hand
    Truth of the people around him
    Going to ‘let people behind the curtain’

It’s been a journey between two people who started out (that’s sandy and myself - he mentions sandy)

Then these three children come along, and then here comes the third parent, ms; Yearwood

It’s been quite a journey …

a&e was there, has handled it with kid gloves a bit..

Got a lot of good footage.. in the documentary, the footage will be extraordinary…

Sarah Miller (twitter)

We traveled crazy miles to kick off the stadium tour and it was amazing. You brought so much energy to the stage. Are you as tired as we are? Or did spring training help you prepare for the energy you needed for the tour? good question, but really kinda dorky one at the end too- spring training was for T4K, not getting energy though Garth won’t say it probably

no.. no.. we can do spring training for touring, and it still wouldn’t prepare you. Gordon Kennedy said it best- you practice you practice, you rehearse you rehearse- but when you go out there, and its’ game day, you feel things you’ve never felt before, you’re in situations you can’t predict or practice for, and again I thought the band did phenomenal, lighting guys did phenomenal, dan Hines (sound guy) unbelievable, staging all of it, just fired up….

Says they got 75000 people in there ‘dang quick’…. (Hearing otherwise on the ‘net’ )

Kelly

Her 11th concert, sat. Was her birthday…

my question is, are you planning on announcing your next cities anytime soon?

Talking about the bull (STL radio station) and helping it get launched, and the meet/greet contest they held

they gave away front two seats. An army guy and his wife…. Came to soundcheck, backstage, all of it

Talking about all day long and people singing it back to him, and how that def. means country radio’s done him a favor…. ehhh garth- country radio really wasn’t playing all day long that much- at least not in the market I live in. You heard it much more on the garth channel, and from fans playing it- I know you love country radio but Garth- ehh man- seriously.. . YOU GOTTA EXPAND YOUR FOCUS TO DIGITAL, ONLINE, STREAMING, and not pigeonhole yourself so much into nostalgia

Hasn’t heard a crowd sing papa loved mama back to him that much

Not trying to avoid dates (probably going to happen in the next 10 days or so) but here’s the thing - on inside studio G wanting warning..

next 2, 3, cities announced soon- the first one of next- one of busiest on the last tour.. (dang- Denver maybe? Come on Garth I think we had 3rd most concerts of the entire tour last time)

Lauren (Illinois)

concert related- I notice every concert you are kind enough to go to the edge of the stage, where people come up, touch your feet, grab your leg, and I wondered, does it ever throw you off balance? Do you ever feel like you’re being pulled down?

no it’s great, once the stadium tour starts going, the stage is ‘theirs’.. they were so respectful.. haven’t missed a meal so I’m not worried about being pulled into the audience…

Becky (twitter)

Favorite part was the first minute of the show. I LOVED how each band member had a square. I’m a concert nerd, I watch for random things. Stadium? Felt to me like a backyard party. It was amazing, and Steve McClure is back?? - not really an ask garth QUESTION per se

talks about how he asked Steve was he nervous…. Had all the stuff back, nd it was fabulous..

Showing the Girl Scouts selling cookies.. at garth’s invitation

They wound’t allow food to be Brought into the stadium - so no one could buy any..

Garth bought them all…

Talking cases, not boxes.. bought 70 cases of cookies.. (CASES - not boxes.. each case had probably 10-12 boxes in it.. each box has about 20-40 cookies in it I think)..

Probably about $2800 of sales for that night)

Randy Bernard (FB comment)

on studio G garth had told some girls scouts they could sell their cookies at the show. He went on to say anything they didn’t sell he’d buy- he bought 70 cases of cookies last night

bobby bones
    gonna see you at iHeart radio awards. Congrats on artist of decade award, that’s awesome, your wife was over at my house last week, and says you’re a super competitive basketball player, she said I should come over and get some of that, so let me (unintelligible, garth talked over him_. I saw last week you sold like 400,000 pieces of vinyl yep. 400k PIECES of vinyl. Because you bought the same stuff 3 times to get the set) I tried to get on my laptop.. me.. and couldn’t get it/get any. . so my question is, can you sell some more? Like a live sale, when we’re together?

Thursday? Heart music awards? Can the window be opened like that? iHeart is in.. going this Thursday on the next on sale window for the vinyl- bobby bones will do it with Garth..

iHeart’s people will be involved…

Talking about the vinyl….

The Cd’s are for people who want to listen to the music but don’t ever want to open their vinyl (7cd’s I think he said)

Only gonna be 2-4 windows at the most for this vinyl package……. ok I’m still not a big vinyl fan but a collector def. glad I got my stuff in first window

Offering to trade stuff like a full expenses paid trip to concert for someone to trade the date for someone wanting to get her future wedding date..

Artist of decade on iHeart awards for:
    7 diamonds
    biggest selling solo artist
    the tour

Goodbyes…

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I agree with GB ...I was shocked they got those people I. That quick . When you walked up to the stadium there was a sea of people ... it only took about 10 minutes to get to the door despite it being a zoo.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

The vinyl thing is great. And I get why he's putting so much emphasis on it (I mean, each time he makes one sale of all 3 boxes it gives him 42 discs sold for Soundscan and RIAA purposes --- and it helps inch The Chase and In Pieces toward Diamond Status and possibly helps No Fences inch closer to double-Diamond status).

But man I really want to start hearing more about the new album. It's slated to be released in the next few months (supposedly), and so far he doesn't seem that excited about it. But again, that's only 1 disc (for now) and the vinyl sets are 42 discs, so yeah I get why he's pushing the vinyl sets so much. But man, throw us a bone about the new album. Give us the release date and the cover already!!

I am still confused. Is it 3 sets of cds like the box sets or just i set of cds with the rareties and bundled outside the box so you don't have to open the boxed set? Were there any cds or Legacy sets on sale at St.Louis? I have others but these were the two I was interested in right now. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I am still confused. Is it 3 sets of cds like the box sets or just i set of cds with the rareties and bundled outside the box so you don't have to open the boxed set? Were there any cds or Legacy sets on sale at St.Louis? I have others but these were the two I was interested in right now. LOL
    My understanding is that each box has 7 LPs and 7 CDs. The Analog box will supposedly have 7 analog LPs and 7 CDs with the original mixes (except for Triple Live, of course, which will reportedly be the same 2019 expanded edition in all 3 boxes). The Remix/Remaster set will have the 2014 remixes on both LP and CD. And the Limited Box will have Analog (original mix) LPs but the Remixed/Remastered CDs. Supposedly, all the bonus tracks will be on both the CDs and LPs.

At the end of the day, that's why I'm skipping these latest vinyl offers. While $100 for all 3 boxes shipped (for all 42 discs and with your chosen number on the box) was an absolute screaming deal, I just don't need 6 more copies of the same 5 albums, especially since I already own 3 copies of Triple Live and at least 6-7 copies of the older albums. It's just overkill. I appreciate the variety and the options. But if my understanding of there being 7 CDs and 7 LPs in each box is true, then when you get all 3 boxes you're going to have 6 different copies of Triple Live that will be identical (albeit I guess with a possibility of getting different covers) and at least 2 identical copies of the analog LPs and 2 identical copies of the remixed/remastered CDs.

With Triple Live alone, if you got the free ticketmaster download, and then the free Amazon download, and then the Live Anthology, and if you bought the $100 deal for the 3 vinyl boxes, then in the last 6 months you will have already purchased Triple Live 9 times. (Insert Ed Rooney from Ferris Buhler's Day Off saying "Nine Times" here)!
    And I will bet hard money that the CDs that come in the boxes will NOT be in jewel cases. So that will probably prompt collectors to purchase a standalone copy of Triple Live on CD once it's released. And then there will be those who purchase multiple copies to get multiple covers.

I will buy the Limited box once it hits store shelves, since the analog LPs and the bonus tracks on the Remix CDs are all that I want. And even then, the bonus track offerings will have to be pretty good for me to once again shell out for 2 more copies of NF, TC, IP, & FH.
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 03-12-2019 at 04:06 PM.

I'll give my best guess...at least from what I have gathered info wise:

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I am still confused. Is it 3 sets of cds like the box sets or just i set of cds with the rareties and bundled outside the box so you don't have to open the boxed set?
    That is what it sounds like to me- you'll get 3 different 'vinyl boxes' (analog, digital, limited) and they'll all be sealed. The CD's (NF,IP,FH,TC I think along w/ TL) will be separate, and have bonus tracks on them in case you don't want to open your vinyl

Were there any cds or Legacy sets on sale at St.Louis?
    can't say for certain about CD's (though if ND is any blueprint, I don't think so- Garth's merch. at that show didn't include CD's that I saw. Based on how surprise Garth acted when talking about/ seeing about the second on sale window for the Vinyl sets, I don't think that there were any vinyl sold either- he alluded to only 2-4 on sale windows for the vinyl and I doubt one would be at a show)

I have others but these were the two I was interested in right now. LOL
    others?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

My understanding is that each box has 7 LPs and 7 CDs. The Analog box will supposedly have 7 analog LPs and 7 CDs with the original mixes (except for Triple Live, of course, which will reportedly be the same 2019 expanded edition in all 3 boxes). The Remix/Remaster set will have the 2014 remixes on both LP and CD. And the Limited Box will have Analog (original mix) LPs but the Remixed/Remastered CDs. Supposedly, all the bonus tracks will be on both the CDs and LPs.
    EMerald- not trying to nit pick ya here at all, but what information have you read/seen that leads you to understand that? I admit, it didn't seem clear at first, but at least last night on inside Studio G, Garth seemed to make it sound like it was 7CD's (the 4 albums and triple live) and the 3 LP's in 3 boxes.. how do we know that they are the 2014 remasters/remixed ones in that box? I do know that analog is 140 grain while the limited version is 180 grain (to those who are vinylphiles that makes more sense)

At the end of the day, that's why I'm skipping these latest vinyl offers. While $100 for all 3 boxes shipped (for all 42 discs and with your chosen number on the box) was an absolute screaming deal, I just don't need 6 more copies of the same 5 albums, especially since I already own 3 copies of Triple Live and at least 6-7 copies of the older albums. It's just overkill.
    that's def.a good point- I certainly don't need more copies of albums I already have (the vinyl would be new, but I'm not buying an LP player just to play an outdated (IMO) niche format. Collecting? that I'll do. The CD's are for bonus songs (for me) really.. (though I'm starting to hope he just doesn't add the already released songs like UTDHGOB, anonymous, etc..) The Special# thing in the end was something I liked.. I couldn't get my wedding day, and I wasn't going to choose one kids' birthday over another) so I chose 120289 - the day I accepted Christ.

I appreciate the variety and the options. But if my understanding of there being 7 CDs and 7 LPs in each box is true, then when you get all 3 boxes you're going to have 6 different copies of Triple Live that will be identical (albeit I guess with a possibility of getting different covers) and at least 2 identical copies of the analog LPs and 2 identical copies of the remixed/remastered CDs.
    . As I'm understanding it- you'll end up with 3 vinyl copies of each album, and 1 CD of each album... time will tell I guess as we get more details

With Triple Live alone, if you got the free ticketmaster download, and then the free Amazon download, and then the Live Anthology, and if you bought the $100 deal for the 3 vinyl boxes, then in the last 6 months you will have already purchased Triple Live 9 times. (Insert Ed Rooney from Ferris Buhler's Day Off saying "Nine Times" here)!
    And I will bet hard money that the CDs that come in the boxes will NOT be in jewel cases. So that will probably prompt collectors to purchase a standalone copy of Triple Live on CD once it's released. And then there will be those who purchase multiple copies to get multiple covers.

I will buy the Limited box once it hits store shelves, since the analog LPs and the bonus tracks on the Remix CDs are all that I want. And even then, the bonus track offerings will have to be pretty good.
    . the bonus tracks are what I'm hoping for too- rarities, something else that isn't been widely released

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I admit, I missed the first half of Studio G last night, but I thought I heard him say a couple weeks ago that each box will have 5 albums on 7 LPs and 7 CDs. If I'm wrong about that, then great. I just can't see him passing up the opportunity to boost RIAA shipments and not stick CDs in every box. And I swear I've heard him say that each box will come with CDs that matches the content of the vinyl in the box (except for the Limited Box which will have remixed CDs and analog LPs). Maybe that's the way it'll be once these are released individually in stores, but those who order all 3 boxes now through Hashtag's store will get 3 LPs of each album and just 1 set of CDs. Like you said, guess we'll see.

That's the crazy thing about Garth since the comeback though. His philosophy has been to sell a bundle now with some details, with the specifics not being revealed until later. He did it with the digital bundle on GhostTunes, he's done it with the Amazon pre-order of Fun, and now he's doing it with these vinyl sets. You sorta kinda know what you're getting, and it sounds great the way he hypes it, but nothing too specific. Buy the idea and the concept now, pay now, and you'll be told exactly what you're buying later.

... I just can't see him passing up the opportunity to boost RIAA shipments and not stick CDs in every box.
    man, we r cynical (actually, I'm just the same way Emerald- I can't see him passing up an opportunity like that... though I get the idea he might (or may have been talked to? I tend to get an idea almost that Garth's more clueless than we think at times)

And I swear I've heard him say that each box will come with CDs that matches the content of the vinyl in the box (except for the Limited Box which will have remixed CDs and analog LPs). Maybe that's the way it'll be once these are released individually in stores, but those who order all 3 boxes now through Hashtag's store will get 3 LPs of each album and just 1 set of CDs. Like you said, guess we'll see.
    hmm- that would back up your point in the first part, about him not passing up an opportunity at #'s.. great point actually!

That's the crazy thing about Garth since the comeback though. His philosophy has been to sell a bundle now with some details, with the specifics not being revealed until later. He did it with the digital bundle on GhostTunes, he's done it with the Amazon pre-order of Fun, and now he's doing it with these vinyl sets. You sorta kinda know what you're getting, and it sounds great the way he hypes it, but nothing too specific. Buy the idea and the concept now, pay now, and you'll be told exactly what you're buying later.
    and if you're disappointed, well heck he already has your $ and the sales figures

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

That is great information everyone. Thanks. But that brought up another question. If the cds (maybe) aren't included in jewel cases or whatever they are called, will they not be part of the Triple Live six covers? How can we trade/collect them with no case? I wish he would just show photos of the complete set individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    man, we r cynical

Apparently our cynicism was well founded!!

+ Reply to Thread