+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2019

In the USA, the best country in the world

Inside Studio G - 2019

For discussion of the Inside Studio G show in 2019... Recaps will return in 2019.. may be brief, may take a diff. form dep. on what I hear feedback wise but will return..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Studio G is back next week. Bryan Moore has just tweeted out. So Jan 14th for the first studio G of 2019!!!!

I plan to listen via Sirius XM instead of Facebook and guess what I just heard? Driftin Away from the Chris Gaines album.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    I plan to listen via Sirius XM instead of Facebook and guess what I just heard? Driftin Away from the Chris Gaines album.
    Awesome!!!

I missed studio G today anything interesting?

Announcing the title for the new album next week! Also going to get to the bottom of the rumors of Stub Hub getting tickets and meet and greet passes.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Announcing the title for the new album next week!
    Excited! Hopefully it's accompanied by an album cover reveal and/or release date announcement.

Announcing the title for the new album next week! Also going to get to the bottom of the rumors of Stub Hub getting tickets and meet and greet passes.
    I've never seen meet & greet passes anywhere, let alone on Stubhub.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I've never seen meet & greet passes anywhere, let alone on Stubhub.
    Me either, but that was one of the issues, along with tickets to the first two rows being sold for his shows, he will address next week.

Me either, but that was one of the issues, along with tickets to the first two rows being sold for his shows, he will address next week.
    Sounds like some sort of a scam. He doesn't do meet & greets, and his crew gives out tickets in the 1st 2 rows to women at the show.

What does he mean by vinyl like we've never seen before?

detailed Recaps should return next week (when my schedule frees up some..) Brief recap should be up later today I'm hoping..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Announcing the title for the new album next week!
    I haven't watched yet, but if we're getting the album title next week, then my guess is that we're two-three months from release. Probably sometime in March, April, or May. Perhaps on the anniversary of the debut album? I could be way off on that, of course, but it's just my guess.

That does make me wonder if the expanded stand-alone version of Triple Live has been pushed off for the foreseeable future though, especially with the next Anthology, vinyl, and the Diamond Series also on the horizon in the near future(assuming the Diamond Series and the vinyl releases aren't the same thing, which I think they might be).

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I haven't watched yet, but if we're getting the album title next week, then my guess is that we're two-three months from release. Probably sometime in March, April, or May. Perhaps on the anniversary of the debut album? I could be way off on that, of course, but it's just my guess.
    "Garth Brooks" was released on April 12, 1989. April 12, 2019 lands on a Friday, which is the new standard release day for new music.

I think you may be onto something!

On the show someone asked him what he was laughing at during the song "That Summer" in his Notre Dame concert, he said it was someones sign, but wouldnt say
    what the sign said??

Anyone who was there, know what the sign said?

Recap of 1-21-2019 Inside Studio G

RECAPS are back!!

Slight change to how I’m going to do the studio G Recaps.. I will try to get all the Garth News itself, though it may not be word for word recap.. I will try to recap word for word all the Ask Garth questions the best I can. Please let me know what you like and dislike (if needed) about the recap’s

Inside Studio G for 1-21-2019

Inside Studio G clocks in at 26:12 this week

Garth has to clear up some stuff real quick- it was Dolly Parton’s birthday this weekend, and Dolly Parton is the ‘bomb’ for garth

wishes Dolly Parton happy birthday and talks about her a bit..

talks about Dolly Parton and the grammy Musicares show..

mentions the passing of Reggie Young (a session guitarist in Nashville)

Chris Luzinger- plays on garth’s stuff, Reggie Young was his inspiration

Reggie played on the garth version of I heard it through the grapevine

going in to finish up the new album tomorrow/this week

The Big 3 for this week

1- New Album

2- Special #’s

3- #askgarth

talks briefly about StubHub™ before moving on to the album talk…

mentioned a Ticketmaster woman he talked to (and DANG, Garth uses a MacBook Air!! ((or MacBook pro)

StubHub™ does claim to have vip packages.

cannot use logos cause they’re not real

fake offering of vip packaging is way for brokers to cap. on limited inventory they have at higher price point

waiting room is working… people who want tickets are people who want tickets…

MLK quote - “I have decided to stick with Love, hate is too great a burden to bear”

StubHub™ stuff is fake.. have no connection/affiliation with them

- people are thanking him on twitter about this. seriously people?

1- THE NEW ALBUM

possibilities for new album title were

1- Layla’s
    2- fun

Layla's was close 2nd, but just going to call it fun. it’s a fun album.. all it’s gonna be

just been a fun process to go through- off from touring, just go in when want with same guys, been a fun experience, probably wrapped up this week, one more session. should be out sometime this spring

will get exact dates later this spring ( April anyone? Marking Garth’s 30th anniversary of his first album …)

can call it fun, can call it F.U.N. just have fun with it

This is the pre order album…. that will have to come to a close (a new price will be coming… probably run up all the way to say feb 7th)

speaking of albums, talks about Trisha’s Frank Sinatra album.. (holds up the vinyl copy)

he’s really proud of it… hawking TY’s stuff.. (yet again..)

she’s singing ‘ill be seeing you’ and Garth’s squeezing the leg of a seat filler.. it’s a guy.. he laughs about it…

vinyl- the word for 2019

new album will be on vinyl. vinyl is coming.. doesn’t know how they’re gonna do it but yes..

vinyl news is coming. talking about special #’s

2- SPECIAL #’s

when you think about most impt date of your life you get a lot of stories.

those 6 numbers… (2 for month, 2 for day, 2 for year)

important dates. real important dates. will tell how they will play in as well.

imagine a package so rare they will be numbered and you can reserve those #’s.

people said there’s now way it can be done but it can be done- will be first talked about / shared with inside studio G people maybe?

whether you want it or not..

“there’s always hidden stuff in what we do” = talked about ms jeannie and heather and coming to every show (talking about a tweet that he’s read)

“she’s gonna make it” was written for Ms. Jeannie…

plays a snippet of she’s gonna make it

garth’s dates are the day he became mr Yearwood and the birthdates of his kids (“the greatest gift God can give any man is a daughter”)

next week as info comes in they’ll share more information about it. what you think about vinyl- throw it out the window- even manufacturer says ‘you’re crazy’ and yeah, you’re right!

it’s gonna be ‘fun’.. - “oh there’s that word again…”

3- ASK GARTH’S

sam from Pittsburgh

”I had some advice I wanted to ask you. do you think I should work the show? he’s gonna work the show as an EMTor, should I use my ticket which I got as a backup, which is third row?

definitely, come to the show, use the third row, and then if you have to use the cape, you’re right there man. you can jump into action.. But come on man, just come there, forget about everything, come have fun, and let ’s make (asks hashtag- how many shows ? (guy’s been to 37) # 38 the best one yet. Fair ‘enough? that’s cool..

Crewosufan (Twitter)

Garth what song other she stronger than me describe you and the queen?” (“What song other than Stronger than Me describes you and the queen” is what I think he/she meant”)

that’s a great question…. I know the answer to this.. I haven’t wrote it yet. I guess it’d be song called I’m a lucky guy, lucky dog… this guy… that’s a great question

Amy from Pittsburgh

”since you’re bring back some of the old guys from the 90s, will you be doing some of those old stunts like flying across the stage (garth replies NO smashing guitars(garth replies NO or popping out of pianos (garth replies NO we won’t

first of all, we aren’t bringing back the OLD guys, they like, to be called the original guys, the original members, that are coming back. Yes, ty England will be coming back with us on tour. no one’s more exited than me, other than Ty. Steve Mcclure announced his name…. this is gonna be cool, this is going to be completing the circle

Ryan Lasher (twitter)

”Your music has been an influence on how I try to lead my life in the eyes of my children. I recently went back to college and got my bachelors and masters degrees. How important is the influence of your children on your music? A FLUFF QUESTION— COME ON PEOPLE ASK REAL QUESTIONS!!

how important is the influence of your children on your music. you gotta understand, this is just how I feel. music is kind of like a result of you. it’s in you and its’ a voice of what you feel inside. can we say that? so let’s say that Music is the voice of your conscience, music is the voice of your dreams, music is the voice of your heart, soul, all that stuff. Well, it’s your children that kinda define you. They’re a part of you and you’re part of them. So my children, I’m so proud of them, and I love them so much, because they’re warriors every day just like your children. every parent has to say this… “Can you imagine growing up in this generation?“ “Can you imagine growing up now in these time, because we had it so much simpler. “ My parents had it so much simpler, and it’s man, you could have it harder, but still simpler, man these are probably the most complicated times I think the world has ever seen, so um seeing how your children handle it, is very sweet, my children are everything to me, so that means yes, they have influenced my music, and will, till the day I die.

Shannon from Florida

”My question to you is, who would you bring to a show if you had two tickets, your mom or your daughter? my mom brought me to my first show over 25 years ago, my daughter is 16 and I would love for her to experience one of your shows. I can smell garth doing a “lets get them all tickets” kind of thing hereI usually only get one ticket, and I travel myself, and I meet up with my G family. For Florida, i was lucky enough to get two tickets, so now I need to decide. so please help me, should l bring my mom or my daughter? “

[b]that’s tough!! I havre 3 daughters but I think they’d all agree, if I had a choice i’d take my mom because that means my mom would be back. Any chance to get to talk to my mom, but um, we have a lot of choices, this might be a nice grandma/granddaughter trip, right? think about that, and if you really feel like it, you can sit in the hotel, or (laughs) why’d you put this on me? or, we could arrange something (could you get a hold of her?) how about a grandma mom and daughter trip? what do you think? think we can get tickets for them? let’s make that happen, so let’s get a hold of her and see if she wants to , that way you don’t have to pick. But if you're just hell bent on two, your’e gonna have to make that decision, not me. well I’ll make it 3 and I bet 10-1.. well, not 10-1 (after that guy said he’s on the 3rd row) I can’t promise we can do that, but we’ll see what we can do. that’s my promise to you- if you want to bring mom and daughter, let’s do all 3. that’ll be fun…

goodbyes and recapping what we talked about.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    On the show someone asked him what he was laughing at during the song "That Summer" in his Notre Dame concert, he said it was someones sign, but wouldnt say
    what the sign said??

Anyone who was there, know what the sign said?
    I was there but I don't remember the laughing straight off- #1 I was kinda far back and #2 it was so freaking cold and wet that I had other things on my mind

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Thanks for the write up. It seems the new tour wont be retro in terms of the stage antics, apart from the original band members.

I wonder what the show will be like though. Would have to be different than the last tour.

Garth still does the water tossing thing right??

Short and simple tonight. No updates on the album, but next week we'll start to hear what the #numbers thing is all about.

I probably should have showed him my Spongebob FUN joke but I don't know if it would have made it on there tonight. But I may try it this week.

Inside Studio G Recap for 1-28-2019
    A smaller Studio G this week- It clocks in at 13:20 this week

AUDIO STINKS THIS WEEK….. IT’s REALLY MUTED

telling where hashtag is..

has random stuff to take care of this week, talking about his lighting company won an award for best lighting….

celebrating the ‘guys who light us up’

the big shout out to clay walker, and debuted at #2 with new album and song, all independent

mentions mlk day from last week and sending in dreams

DREAMS SENT IN

autumn stewart (twitter)

II wake up with a heavy heart most days because the division of our world saddens me. My dream is that we all figure out before it is too late that love and understanding are hte keys to moving forward with a positive light. Love you- Autumnwell of course that type of ‘dream’ is gonna get garth’s attention … (rolling eyes some}

yeah, this one right here (points to part about division) that’s a tough one, because how you start your day kind of depicts your day. We were always told as kids growing up, 99% of the attitude you approach a situation with will determine the outcome of that situation. So the whole ting is, from the word go, have a positive attitude…. (missed a few words). So I get the dream Autumn, and I think a lot of us have that dream, let’s hope that that dream, comes true.

Janelle (twitter)

My dream is to sit down with you and just chat. To ask you all my questions, talk about life, explain how your music has influenced me and maybe even eat taco bell! To get to do that with my idol would be life changing.

Miss Janelle, very sweet. That’s uh, that’s a different kind of dream. but that’s very sweet.

Karen Nelson Burnett / Lala de La Cruz (FB comments)

My dream would be for a cure for cancerKaren

My dream is for my kids to have an amazing life…Lala

Amen. that’s what every parent wants for their kids too.. (and said ‘amen to the cancer question too.

ASK GARTH’S

Stacy from Hammond indiana

…. no real question, just talks about her and her siblings getting garth tattoos about their favorite quotes…

TY’s watching, so they have one she might want to watch

VIcky

my question for you Garth, is just being at the recording studio with Trisha. Did oyu find it difficult to hold it all together? during hte ‘lets be frank’ sessions? how difficult was this for you, just watching Trisha record this amazing album? especially the song “for the last time”.. that song is so gorgeous, and it just makes me cry…..

Thank you , and I love you right back. It was probably one of the proudest moments of my life , with the people that mean everything to oyu, so, like say my daughters, ,my wife, to get to see them do their thing, to see her do it at that level , was fricking amazing. pretty cool….so uh, she pretty much kicked booty and had a treat time doing it, so it was pretty cool to see that and witness that…

pulled just a few of the ‘hash tags’ for fun.. (mentions again they’re ‘hashtagless’ today

hashtags for fun

amy Tipton (twitter)

#LivingTheFunLife

David Sadler (twitter)

#FUNwithaG

Jason (twitter)

#FUNomenal!

Michelle Miller (twitter)

#SupidFun

(next one goes overboard IMO)

Amber Meulenbelt (twitter)

#StupidFun
    #theFUNalbum
    #SoMuchFun
    #ATonOfFUN
    #TheFUNone

Oggiejean (twitter)

##FUNtasticlife

another one that went overboard

ChristiAnnHay (twitter)

##FUNtastic
    #FunFunFun
    #FlippingFUN
    #StinkingFUN
    #CrazyFUN
    #CrazyStupidFun

Allison Vondrell (twitter) (A PG’er !!!!!! WAY TO GO ALLISON!!!!)

#MuchTooFun

John Gilcrease (FB comment)

#GFUN

Mary Wanz (FB comment)

#BrooksNFun

Tracey Neal (FB comment)

#TGIF (thank garth its FUN)

makes comments that ‘brooknfun’ and ‘muchtoofun’ were fantastic (way to go allison!!)

John (twitter)

Will there be posters for the stadium tour shows like there was for the last tour?

no……….. yes… .. it’ll be pretty cool mech. guys are gonna hate me….. tour merchandise sells, at the tour, that’s it. wait and get a shot of the stadium with everyone in it, and come back later online and purchase it. They’ll hate it because nobody comes back online, compared to the people who buy it there…. if you buy it there it’s just going to be a stadium tour poster , so, we’ll get to work on it…

Michelle Longfield (twitter)

Besides Ms. Yearwood, who has been some of your favorite openers? hmmm….. Karyn Rochelle will be mentioned, perhaps martina mcbride… or the rodeo guys….

we’ve been blessed with all of em. We had Martina (***DING DING DING*****), we’ve had Stephanie, we’ve had quite a few. We had runaway june, chris young, all the cool guys. It’s been fun. What I like about em, is that when they’re there, you get to see how nervous they are, and once they get out on stage, they just steal the show. it’s pretty cool. Chris Janzen, that guy… (ok, I had 1 out of the three guesses I made be correct.. I’ll take that)

Chris Klipstein (twitter)

Looking forward to the new album. Cant wait to pick it up and add it to my collection… AGAINl, Not A QUESTION, JUST A WAY TO STROKE GARTH’S EGO BY SHOWING ALL THE CD’S YOU HAVE… (lol though I gotta say, I have all of those too, and a few more (singles) and others (cough cough ‘unofficial’ releases) in my collection….

going back to the #’s thing

Beth Lytle (twitter)

there are some many important dates to pick from. My children birthdays, my wedding to love of my life, birthdays of my granddaughters, but I guess the most important one to me would be 3-28-16, the date of my kidney transplant. Now I can be here to see many more important dates….

Cody Stevens (twitter)

10/7/2015 - the son we were not supposed to be able to have was born. He was later diagnosed with a brain disorder called polymicrogyria. We have become a family of fighters. Standing Outside The Fire

Nancy Wetmore (FB comment)

9-2-92 the day my son was born. he loves you too. He took me to see you at Notre Dame. Fulfilled my bucket list to see oyu

Jaime Stewart (FB Comment)

11-4-2016 the day I became a mom after 5 years of infertility.

Goodbyes

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Just thinking this thing (The Vinyl with the dates) must be very limited

If its actual dates (and not random numbers) that are going to be on it.

How many dates can their be, 365 days a year, a decade would be 3650, even a hundred year would only mean 36,5000.

So perhaps ya can pick any number?

Garth also said the vinyl set will not be cheap.... I'm ready for it! I'll definitely want to reserve a number!!!!!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Garth also said the vinyl set will not be cheap.... I'm ready for it! I'll definitely want to reserve a number!!!!!
    What number? And why?

It will not be cheap? Yeah I am out on the vinyl thing. This whole number thing is a stupid gimmick, this is just another way to sell old records and pump up sales. Your personal number on the album lol epic fail. If he wants to release records great I am sure there is a market for it but I can write a number on a record with a sharpie. This is just Garth being Garth and once again giving his fans a product they don’t want instead of what they keep asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    It will not be cheap? Yeah I am out on the vinyl thing. This whole number thing is a stupid gimmick, this is just another way to sell old records and pump up sales. Your personal number on the album lol epic fail. If he wants to release records great I am sure there is a market for it but I can write a number on a record with a sharpie. This is just Garth being Garth and once again giving his fans a product they don't want instead of what they keep asking for.
    Vinyl is never cheap. And it probably takes me out from being able to buy them too since money is pretty tight these days in my household. But vinyl is a growing market, so for those that collect it, this will probably be a welcome release. And one word he used last night to describe the vinyl releases that I thought was interesting was "boxes." Now whether he means a separate box for each album, or a single mega-box with all the albums remains to be seen. Guess we'll find out next week. Could these be the Diamond Series releases he's been talking about?

But as for your statement that he's not giving us what fans keep asking for, I'm curious what you mean. What would you like to see him release that he hasn't?
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 02-05-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Why not release a complete digital bundle on Amazon of all ten studio albums , Double Live, The Lost Sessions, the four albums of covers from BIAMR, and everything he has recorded?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Vinyl is never cheap. And it probably takes me out from being able to buy them too since money is pretty tight these days in my household. But vinyl is a growing market, so for those that collect it, this will probably be a welcome release. And one word he used last night to describe the vinyl releases that I thought was interesting was "boxes." Now whether he means a separate box for each album, or a single mega-box with all the albums remains to be seen. Guess we'll find out next week. Could these be the Diamond Series releases he's been talking about?

But as for your statement that he's not giving us what fans keep asking for, I'm curious what you mean. What would you like to see him release that he hasn't?

Been asking for a live covers album
    New album that keeps getting pushed back
    Vault songs that just sit there

Well a lot of Garth fans have been asking for vinyl for YEARS too!

Heck I’m still waiting on the stand alone triple Live and the new album Fun too !

Vinyl is just something awesome to add on to that list for me .
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

I'm getting kind of tired about all these repackaged products, essentially getting us to buy more of the old material, in a different form.

I do like vinyl, however, so I'll wait and see before rendering a final opinion, and deciding if I wish to purchase.

One thing that bears mentioning, is Record Store Day, which happens in mid-April. I'm curious whether Garth will be a part of that, and in turn, whether it will be a limited # release in accordance with many of the other RSD releases.

Given that Garth likes to do his own thing, his own way, I am not expecting to see any involvement by Garth with RSD.

+ Reply to Thread