+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2019

Was their anything interesting on Studio G last night? I had trouble listening to it, so I left.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    heya- recap will be up hopefully tonight- it's spring break and we've had medical appointments, etc. today- s haven't had chance to get it- will get up recap though
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Was their anything interesting on Studio G last night? I had trouble listening to it, so I left.
    IMO it was pretty boring. A few interesting tidbits about the vinyl (about 1/3rd of the vinyl boxes have been preordered, and there will likely be only 1 more preorder window) and that’s about it. Oh and a few more cities for the tour will be announced soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    IMO it was pretty boring. A few interesting tidbits about the vinyl (about 1/3rd of the vinyl boxes have been preordered, and there will likely be only 1 more preorder window) and that’s about it. Oh and a few more cities for the tour will be announced soon.
    I’d expect that he will announce the rest will be sold on Amazon starting this fall as they become available.

Two things I would like to see get more attention on Studio G in the coming weeks:

1. The 30th anniversary of the release of the debut album on April 12 (someone should send an #askgarth about this)

2. More info on Fun --- today is the first day of spring, and for an album that supposedly is coming out sometime in the next 12 weeks, it's remarkable we haven't heard much of anything.

I am very surprised he hasn't hyped the anniversary and tried again to have an anniversary edition. Maybe all the problems he had with trying to do a 25th anniversary edition of No Fences soured him to that. Maybe he will drop a vinyl version of that album since it wasn't included in the Legacy set. I would like to see an anniversary edition of both the cd and an album. He shouldn't worry about the numbers and just use it as something for the new fans to buy and those who already have it can let the new fans to get on the train and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Two things I would like to see get more attention on Studio G in the coming weeks:

1. The 30th anniversary of the release of the debut album on April 12 (someone should send an #askgarth about this)

2. More info on Fun --- today is the first day of spring, and for an album that supposedly is coming out sometime in the next 12 weeks, it's remarkable we haven't heard much of anything.
    About the 30th anniversary, was this specifically mentioned by Garth? Is it really happening? I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by fences2312 View Post
    About the 30th anniversary, was this specifically mentioned by Garth? Is it really happening? I hope so.
    As far as I have seen, he hasn't mentioned anything about the 30th anniversary of the debut album. It's been all about the vinyl and the stadium tour for the past month or so.

Without a doubt, Garth will be doing something for the 30th anniversary. Man oh man 30 years since Garth first came on the scene.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Ok - in case anyone's wondering why I didn't do a recap of inside studio G this week...

went ahead and watched (well, listened actually) to it.. There was talk about Cher, talk about the weekend they'd just had w/ the heart radio awards.. a bit about the vinyl sales (not too much there) and really only 3 ask garth's..

the most interesting bit of information was talk about the guitar- the new one that is , w/ the circle G logo.. It's Not used as a sound dampener/feedback dampener (whatever that was mentioned as being...) . It was a guitar made for Garth by the guys at Takamine.. He mentioned the handshake deal he has with the company and has had since the beginning.

There were about 12 guitars made for this world tour, you won't be seeing them smashed, or given away, etc.. they're just a special new thing for Garth and the tour- they are not going to be put on sale from what Garth said..

other wise, that's about it- the other ask garths were about bachelorette parties and dates of more shows, and if you could write a letter to yourself when you were just starting out what would you say...

Garth answered (apologizing for reusing an answer he'd given to someone else that'd asked same question in another interview).. by saying he'd say 'don't change a thing' )(then mentioned meeting love of your life 13 months into career, the girls and sandy and how they are the most important thing for him, etc..

nothing really else was new- nothing else really was 'inside studio G recap' worthy...

other than mentioning that the opening act at Glendale would be Easton Corbin... (a step up- going from opening for Carrie underwood to opening for Garth ()at least once ()

and that yes he's going to be touring in Canada
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread