+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2019

Tomorrow he announces the next Bar in the dive bar tour. Its in Texas somewhere.

There will be one more stadium this year, its going to be the biggest stadium that he has ever played in.

Legacy 2 will be released next year.

On the Legacy segment of the show, he showed a clip of standing outside the fire, which he seemed to think was hard to find. Then they showed a
    clip from This is garth brooks too. Then to a sweet clip from regina of a girl who had been bullied at school and they showed him playing a bit of standing outside
    the fire from that concert.

So it was a bit newsy this week! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    On the Legacy segment of the show, he showed a clip of standing outside the fire, which he seemed to think was hard to find.
    This made me laugh!!

Three theories for the Texas Dive Bar Venue: Billy Bob's Texas, Gruene Hall or Floore's Country Store. If any of you got different theories for a venue feel free to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Three theories for the Texas Dive Bar Venue: Billy Bob's Texas, Gruene Hall or Floore's Country Store. If any of you got different theories for a venue feel free to share them.
    My bet is on Billy Bob's. It's iconic and he has that famous story of not charging them more for performing there after he first made it big since it had been booked before he got big. Plus, it's being advertised in Oklahoma and Dallas is where the big Texas OU game is played every year.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    My bet is on Billy Bob's. It's iconic and he has that famous story of not charging them more for performing there after he first made it big since it had been booked before he got big. Plus, it's being advertised in Oklahoma and Dallas is where the big Texas OU game is played every year.
    Still gotta do recap (sorry went to broncos game last night ) but I'll say this much- the first bar (lol not that I know much about bars in texas..) that came to mind was Billy Bob's...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

Legacy 2 will be released next year.
    This is great news for me, I’m one for the few excited about the vinyl releases. I know, we haven’t received the first one but I’m still excited there is going to be a second set.

LEGACY 2: Garth Brooks/Ropin/Sevens/Scarecrow/and hopefully Lost Sessions.

Question? Which version of Scarecrow will be used?

And...I’m predicting a Chris Gaines vinyl release on Record Store Day ‘20, nothing to go on, just a huge hope.

I’m pumped that he said( without saying ) there will be Legacy part 2 !
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by fences2312 View Post
    This is great news for me, I’m one for the few excited about the vinyl releases. I know, we haven’t received the first one but I’m still excited there is going to be a second set.

LEGACY 2: Garth Brooks/Ropin/Sevens/Scarecrow/and hopefully Lost Sessions.

Question? Which version of Scarecrow will be used?

And...I’m predicting a Chris Gaines vinyl release on Record Store Day ‘20, nothing to go on, just a huge hope.
    I actually agree. There has to be Legacy 2. I feel certain we get the other 4 studio albums. Just wonder what rounds it out.

“Other 4” meaning the records before retirement.

Well Grune hall it is!

hmm....

I chuckled- from their article

"t's unclear if the show is part of the singer's Dive Bar tour, a partnership he has with Seagram's 7 that asks patrons to #JoinThePact to help make roads safer by vowing to never drive impaired.
    The last time Brooks came to town, in 2016, he had multiple packed concerts at the AT&T Center. The upcoming show at Texas' Oldest Dance Hall in Gruene will be much more intimate."

ehh- 'Texas' oldest dance hall'.... yeah . it's part of the DIVE bar tour not a STADIUM stop lol

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

What I like about him picking Gruene Hall, it's the same venue where Jack Ingram recorded Live: Wherever You Are, the album that saved my life.

The place only holds 500 and he's giving away tickets to Texas and Oklahoma. He knows how to create a buzz!

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    “Other 4” meaning the records before retirement.
    Ropin, Garth Brooks , Sevens , Scarecrow , Lost Sessions , Man Against Machine ....and Lost Sessions volume 2?!

That sounds like a good Legacy Vol. 2 to me !

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Ropin, Garth Brooks , Sevens , Scarecrow , Lost Sessions , Man Against Machine ....and Lost Sessions volume 2?!

That sounds like a good Legacy Vol. 2 to me !
    I'd wager a legacy vol. 2 would have GB, RTW, 7's, and SC...

a THIRD legacy might have MAM,GS,FUN,and CG/TLS/one of the others.. maybe you'd get a Christmas 2 parter too who knows....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I'd wager a legacy vol. 2 would have GB, RTW, 7's, and SC...

a THIRD legacy might have MAM,GS,FUN,and CG/TLS/one of the others...
    Here're my predictions:

Vol 2:

GB
    RTW
    7's
    SC
    DL (no way he passes up an opportunity to stick 4 more discs in the set)

Vol. 3:

MAM
    GS
    Fun
    (album after Fun)
    (new 3 disc Greatest Hits Compilation)

I don't think we'll ever see TLS on vinyl since he doesn't seem to count that as a real album in the catalog. Hope I'm wrong though since it's one of my favs!

I've learned trying to guess what Garth is going to do is difficult. I mean, at this time last year all of us were expecting Triple Live, Fun and the next volume of Anthology in the next 12 months. Here we are with none of those and a vinyl set getting all the spotlight.

Because of the discs NOT in Legacy it has always been clear there would be at least a second set.

Everyone has an opinion, but to me the 4 albums that seem obvious to be in the set would be Garth Brooks, Ropin' The Wind, Sevens and Scarecrow. I think beyond that it really is a guessing game. What is Garth's long-term strategy with this? Are the "new" albums going to get the vinyl treatment with his hyper-focus on the old stuff? How many vinyls will he put in Legacy Vol. 2? Will there be a Legacy Vol. 3 to spread stuff out?

If we assume he will have 7 vinyls in the 2nd box (which is what is in the first) then it seems logical to add Man Against Machine, Gunslinger, and Fun to the other 4. However, I don't think that will happen. I have a gut feeling there will be something else to round out the set. Emerald mentioned Double Live, but I really do have my doubts about it. He said something once in an interview about Triple Live taking Double Live's place (that is a horrible paraphrase), but I got the impression that Triple Live is now going to be the "go-to" live disc. Just like The Ultimate Hits supplanted The Hits I think Triple Live is going to supplant Double Live.

Here is the thing, if those final three studio albums don't make Legacy Vol. 2, there is NO WAY he puts those final 3 albums in a box together. That would be a post-retirement box set and I can't see him doing that. So, if they are going to get the vinyl treatment we will see one or two of them in the next box and then the other one or two in a potential 3rd volume. He's not putting all the "new stuff" in a box together.

I also think the lineup becomes interesting because I don't think he will put Double Live in there (because of my comment above), The Lost Sessions (because he doesn't seem to include it as a "real album") and Chris Gaines (because he usually pretends like that didn't happen). That really narrows what could round out the 2nd box if he doesn't put the remaining 7 studio albums. Of course, another possible option is that there won't be 7 vinyls in the set OR he might actually include something that would shock us all (though I won't hold my breath). How cool would the suggestion above be that we see a Lost Sessions Vol. 2? I'd lose it in a good way if that happened HA!

I say all this to say that if I were a betting man I would not make a bet on how this is going to go. The only thing I feel certain of is we will get the rest of the "old stuff" studio albums. If they are all 4 in a Vol. 2 I think that will be the end of the sets.
    If they aren't we are going to get a Vol. 3. Beyond that...who knows. I stand by my thought that I don't think we are going to get Double Live, Chris Gaines or Lost Sessions on vinyl. If I'm right on that it will be interesting to see where this next box leads.

bringing it back to the ISG focus to the thread ....

I say all this to say that if I were a betting man I would not make a bet on how this is going to go. The only thing I feel certain of is we will get the rest of the "old stuff" studio albums. If they are all 4 in a Vol. 2 I think that will be the end of the sets.
    well said- wonder if anyone would be abel to get this question "to" the next broadcast- I'm wagering no..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Emerald mentioned Double Live, but I really do have my doubts about it. He said something once in an interview about Triple Live taking Double Live's place (that is a horrible paraphrase), but I got the impression that Triple Live is now going to be the "go-to" live disc. Just like The Ultimate Hits supplanted The Hits I think Triple Live is going to supplant Double Live.
    That's what I thought too... until he stuck Double Live in the Anthology set right next to TL. So who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    That's what I thought too... until he stuck Double Live in the Anthology set right next to TL. So who knows?
    That is a very fair point. I still think that may have been an "exception" since it was the Live Anthology.

brief recap of inside studio G this week (23m 10s long)

sorry things got away from me this week- 2nd week for kids back in school

This may be a briefer recap than normal…

Starts out:

Talking about/reviewing Bakersfield dive bar tour stop

Dive bar #3 will be in Texas (we know now the venue…. San Antonio is the location of that venue I think)

Garth talks about tuning into country radio..

‘Thats where the discovery is, the new music is, they’re playing the old stuff..” ( maybe where HE is but there’s little to no “old” stuff being played out here in the west at all)

“Lots to cover”

Legacy spotlightt- vinyl…. Spotlighting each era of songs…. “Standing outside the Fire”

Mentions you can’t get these anywhere (talking about the video I think) of standing outside the fire..

Ehh Garth- check out ebay- check out your partner in Amazon…. You can find the video in a collection…. Check out different places- you CAN find it…

“True legacy- something that not only comes out and makes a splash, but maybe grows some over time..”

Talks about Regina, and Camille (the girl who was bullied and had a sign for standing outside the fire)
    —————————

The legacy spotlight- songs that are as relevant now as they ever have been- first was SOTF. Talking about how we’ll see we shall be free pop up…. Response to songs like FILP, UAP, etc..

Ask Garth (not a question)

Ask Garth- will there be any more stadium shows this year? - Yes, but not like its’ not like the biggest one of my career… this is gonna be one you could sell half pop of world and would still be half empty seats

Ask Garth- Going to come to Fresno? - Garth totally sidesteps question

Ask Garth- Will we be getting Legacy volume 2 next year? - can neither confirm nor deny this (but has a smirky grin on face.. (it’s coming . ) it’s not time to talk about it now

Ask Garth - telling garth about a man who had passed away

Ask Garth - when you play 2 nights in city, do you adjust your set list for night 2 based on what happens the night before during the main set / housekeeping? Do you base your lists on the culture of the city (for example more cowboy songs in an agriculture based city) (Dang good question!! One to stump Garth?. yes and no- you all base it off your front acts, and what they’re doing, you kind of treat each night as it’s own, but yeah if your’e not learning that first night you’re not listening.. …. No.. did we get a sh@@load of cowboy song requests in regina or first night? …. (talks about the cowboy songs).. yes, we yodeled….

Ask Garth - with dive bar tour happening got to thinking about the old stuff. If you stop at any of hte places in that song would you sing that song? Also what’s been your fav. Place to play from that song? - talking about the places in the song a bit. Mentions a lot of them.. (mentions the Grizzly rose)

Goodbyes…

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

21 minutes long.

Next week is Labour day, so no Studio G.

The next stadium should be announced after labour day and before the next Studio G.

Thats it really.

Unless you asked a question, you probably dont have to watch it.

ISG was 27m03s this week- my brief recap will hopefully be up later tonight w/ details...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Tonight's recap (I messed up. It was actually 27m04s this week not 27m03s )

catching up to date with what’s happening..

talks about TY and what she has coming up

talks about dive bar stop in Texas (Gruene Hall?)

ask garth - you cut double live and triple live have you ever considered cutting dive bar live? throw it in an anthology? just good old raw honky tonk music

that’s a fantastic idea- we might just have to do that

talks about the GHW Bush points of light award (briefly), wants to move past this- (I think he’s embarrassed)

LEGACY spotlight : Night Rider’s Lament

someone had footage of Garth ‘yodeling’ in Regina SK

talks about where he heard it, and regina singing it, and requesting it in regina..

have probably another 8 weeks till the vinyl hits..

talking albums, and mentions fresh horses & That Summer… Ehh Garth, That Summer was on THE CHASE

(jhe just realized his mistake)

pre ordering the vinyl set= it’s here in the states, should be getting it around 11/1 if you get it in the pre order… will have at best buy and amazon, they have 3 ind. boxes, but don’t have all 3 in same package they think…

sticking with albums in the vinyl set for the legacy moments..

Ask Garth: I was at songwriting podcast.. My fav. was what you did for the guy you sang beaches with - made his LIFE. you’re a beautiful human

… showing footage of podcast recording, with Garth and Ashley McBryde.. (Garth was singing harmony… changed keys on the guy hehe)

Garth’s ‘podcast’ airs in early September

Ask Garth: Thank you and your team for Minneapolis had the best weekend of our lives. you knew it would be the best show on the tour so far. Denver then set a new bar by replacing Croke Park. When you pick a city now do yo think this could set a new bar?

you go out with the thought to make it your best show talks about making it the best….

still have the big scary stadium, show coming up [/b]

will skip labor day but will announce next tour stop before next ISG

Ask Garth: I love your music and have been too many shows. I also have several perch items (shirts hats etc) I love your circle G logo. What inspired you to develop it, was it a ranch logo or something? ( WHAT A FREAKING SOFTBALL QUESTION!!!!)

the circle G, we had a kid named Chris that was working with Virginia and Luke, … somewhere around fresh horses, took the lower case G off of Garth Brooks record, and circled it, and BOOM there it is, that kinda becomes us forever.. your job is to make the circle G stand for something sincere..)

Ask Garth: if you had to go back to old garth again, is there anything you’d want to change, have more of, have less of, change genres of music, the music business itself, music theory, related to instruments you play, let me know. much love to you and the queen

I don’t think I’d change a thing. The last of 6 kids, so I got raised on the greatest of all time, got raised on Haggard, Jones, Owens, Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Reba, Strait, Randy Travis, Whitley, Rickey Skaggs, wouldn’t be standing her w/o people like that.. the Eagles, Seger, the songwriters Billy Joel, Fogelberg, so many great writers. Ledoux comes in your life and takes it past you sing to how you are on stage. Wouldn’t change a thing, would love to play a lot of instruments, but i’m just not talented enough, I use a guitar to hide my gut that ’s the whole reason I have one, … nah wouldn’t change a thing- I like being split. I like being a musician and a fan that 50/50 makes me

Ask Garth (not a question): Got married Friday- Garth brooks outfit at the 51st CMA’s was the inspiration for my attire…

Ask Garth: Hey Garth, yogi’s granddaughter Lindsay here. Thanks so much for repping my amazing Grandpa and the Yogi Berra museum and learning center. If you’re ever in NYC and want a personal tour give a south I love to show off the place….

talks about Yogi etc.. talks about circles, and how last guy down in game that yogi caught (Don Larsen’s perfect game in WS) was Bo Mitchell’s father, Bo started T4K (BASED IN DENVER!!!!)

Ask Garth: I love Studio G. My first concert was you with my dad. I lost my dad back in April of this year. Your music has helped me through good times and bad times. love you garth (no real question)

- talks about artists who helped him through good and bad times- same artists, sometimes the same songs…

- here’s to dads, probably the most unsung heroes on the planet….

Ask Garth (adorable pic of baby girl w/ garth swag on): when can we see the video for Dive bar that you and Blake Shelton filmed in boise?

well see here’s the problem. you’re going to see another one before that. but it we were going to be doing that we’d have to be filming it within the like next 10 days (gives a sly look to camera) yes. Here it comes, the first video we’ve had out since probably more than a memory… probably been 10- years.

‘labor day we are not here next week..

maybe some behind the scenes stuff in 2 weeks some stuff will be done ,maybe some dive bar video footage…

goodbyes..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

To bad no Studio G this week because of holiday. Would love to hear his reaction to nominations.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    To bad no Studio G this week because of holiday. Would love to hear his reaction to nominations.
    true but lets call it what it'd be- a sheepish, 'shucks' kinda reaction with an "aw that's sweet" type of comment

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

After them nominating Old Town Road for a Vocal Event Award, I officially do not give a shit if Garth wins or not, because as far as me is concerned the Country Music Association officially sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    After them nominating Old Town Road for a Vocal Event Award, I officially do not give a shit if Garth wins or not, because as far as me is concerned the Country Music Association officially sold out.

Absolutely agree with you. Country lost its way and it’s soul. Let me save you some time so you don’t have to watch it. Celebrities will show up to present awards instead of country icons, luke combs will win everything, we will get a meetoo moment or bash the president to appeal to millennials and Dierks Bentley as usual will get screwed once again.

well Old Town Road may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it did make history even if it's a terrible song..

There's good country music out there and there's bad "country" music.... it's been like this since the beginning of music history in every genre.

The good music will live forever, the bad will just go away.....

Every genre has good and bad. Just listen to the stuff you want.

+ Reply to Thread