+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2019

Was their anything interesting on Studio G last night? I had trouble listening to it, so I left.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    heya- recap will be up hopefully tonight- it's spring break and we've had medical appointments, etc. today- s haven't had chance to get it- will get up recap though
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Was their anything interesting on Studio G last night? I had trouble listening to it, so I left.
    IMO it was pretty boring. A few interesting tidbits about the vinyl (about 1/3rd of the vinyl boxes have been preordered, and there will likely be only 1 more preorder window) and that’s about it. Oh and a few more cities for the tour will be announced soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    IMO it was pretty boring. A few interesting tidbits about the vinyl (about 1/3rd of the vinyl boxes have been preordered, and there will likely be only 1 more preorder window) and that’s about it. Oh and a few more cities for the tour will be announced soon.
    I’d expect that he will announce the rest will be sold on Amazon starting this fall as they become available.

Two things I would like to see get more attention on Studio G in the coming weeks:

1. The 30th anniversary of the release of the debut album on April 12 (someone should send an #askgarth about this)

2. More info on Fun --- today is the first day of spring, and for an album that supposedly is coming out sometime in the next 12 weeks, it's remarkable we haven't heard much of anything.

I am very surprised he hasn't hyped the anniversary and tried again to have an anniversary edition. Maybe all the problems he had with trying to do a 25th anniversary edition of No Fences soured him to that. Maybe he will drop a vinyl version of that album since it wasn't included in the Legacy set. I would like to see an anniversary edition of both the cd and an album. He shouldn't worry about the numbers and just use it as something for the new fans to buy and those who already have it can let the new fans to get on the train and enjoy it.

Two things I would like to see get more attention on Studio G in the coming weeks:

1. The 30th anniversary of the release of the debut album on April 12 (someone should send an #askgarth about this)

2. More info on Fun --- today is the first day of spring, and for an album that supposedly is coming out sometime in the next 12 weeks, it's remarkable we haven't heard much of anything.
    About the 30th anniversary, was this specifically mentioned by Garth? Is it really happening? I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by fences2312 View Post
    About the 30th anniversary, was this specifically mentioned by Garth? Is it really happening? I hope so.
    As far as I have seen, he hasn't mentioned anything about the 30th anniversary of the debut album. It's been all about the vinyl and the stadium tour for the past month or so.

Without a doubt, Garth will be doing something for the 30th anniversary. Man oh man 30 years since Garth first came on the scene.

Ok - in case anyone's wondering why I didn't do a recap of inside studio G this week...

went ahead and watched (well, listened actually) to it.. There was talk about Cher, talk about the weekend they'd just had w/ the heart radio awards.. a bit about the vinyl sales (not too much there) and really only 3 ask garth's..

the most interesting bit of information was talk about the guitar- the new one that is , w/ the circle G logo.. It's Not used as a sound dampener/feedback dampener (whatever that was mentioned as being...) . It was a guitar made for Garth by the guys at Takamine.. He mentioned the handshake deal he has with the company and has had since the beginning.

There were about 12 guitars made for this world tour, you won't be seeing them smashed, or given away, etc.. they're just a special new thing for Garth and the tour- they are not going to be put on sale from what Garth said..

other wise, that's about it- the other ask garths were about bachelorette parties and dates of more shows, and if you could write a letter to yourself when you were just starting out what would you say...

Garth answered (apologizing for reusing an answer he'd given to someone else that'd asked same question in another interview).. by saying he'd say 'don't change a thing' )(then mentioned meeting love of your life 13 months into career, the girls and sandy and how they are the most important thing for him, etc..

nothing really else was new- nothing else really was 'inside studio G recap' worthy...

other than mentioning that the opening act at Glendale would be Easton Corbin... (a step up- going from opening for Carrie underwood to opening for Garth ()at least once ()

and that yes he's going to be touring in Canada

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Well that was the most pointless Studio G in History, very short, he shouldve just not done one.

Also two weeks, 14 days ago, he said he would announce new cities within 10 days.

He may of had some sort of meeting, he couldnt get out of.

Although I must admit the start with the Arizona concert clips was very cool indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Well that was the most pointless Studio G in History, very short, he shouldve just not done one.

Also two weeks, 14 days ago, he said he would announce new cities within 10 days.

He may of had some sort of meeting, he couldnt get out of.
    I agree! Same with the flat bill hats!!

Two part studio g today.

First part, he talked of seats at the back of stage are the best seats.

He talked of music 101 is for the colleges.

He talked a window coming up if ya havent yet bought the vinyl.

He said he will be back online in a hour or two with either a video or live from Lorretta Lynn's birthday.

Oh, I forgot a group called king calaway will open for garth in MN.

Part two was Garth and Trisha in a hallway, singing a song (Loretta lynn song??) Then they said they're going to wish
    Loretta a happy birthday and that was it.

Went for two minutes.

Inside Studio G wrap-up for 4-1-2019

Inside Studio G is a short, 2 part episode this week- the ‘main part’ clocks in at 15m23s

***talks briefly about Carrie Underwood***

Talks about Loretta Lynn’s birthday bash.. explains a bit about the two part show…

Just kind of a talking back and forth with hashtag etc.. mentions soundcheck and how now going into an arena now are different, and how stadiums ‘spoil you to death’

Garth’s in charge of ‘pushing things forward’ (playing w/ a MacBook Pro on the table in front of him). He def. didn’t look comfortable about the tech.. (hmm- go figure) )

More commentary about Loretta Lynn’s birthday bash

Talk about Denver concert…

When you talk about markets that you get to play, people there just take care of you.

Ever since “pueblo state fair’ in Colorado, back in 89-90

(Garth may have played pueblo (the Colorado state fair) as a side act in 1989-1990 but he headlined the state fair in 1993. (September 6, 1993 to be exact. The 2nd time I’d seen him live. I drove to pueblo from Durango, CO from college (about 4 hrs), saw the show, and drove back to Durango. Almost fell asleep about 3-4 times, almost ran off the road multiple times, made it back to campus about 4am next morning and actually went to my 8am gov’t class. (Promptly fell asleep too))..

Colorado has ‘treated him like he’s from there’..

Loves Denver.. mentions Much Too Young, and the line ‘gotta ride in Denver, tomorrow night’

“Just hopes people show up”.. ( Please Garth, really? You sold out 9 shows at the Pepsi center, about 143,000 tickets…. You’ll sell out mile high I’d wager

Talks about ticket on sales..

Not doing multiple date announcements right now as they are so far out in front of them, but will probably get back to point where group of cities is announced and will get out in front of them too..

Next announcement city(cities) wise will be prob. In next 10 days of so.

The song they’re perform ing at Loretta’s birthday bash (TY/GB) is a Conway Twitty/Loretta Lynn song (not Louisiana woman, Mississippi Man)

Ask Garth’s

Beth (twitter)

how will you make Denver as special as Arizona was

”I hope you’re coming to both because it challenges me. How do you make it different than Arizona. Remember on this tour there are two kinds of shows that you see. All of them are wrapped around the city that you are in. But the college stadiums? You do these things called trilogies, where you kinda bring music education in The Music 101 parts[b] then you go into the pro stadiums, and I think the pro stadiums, they’re a little faster. They just move a little quicker. So far that’s how it’s been, between Notre Dame, and the two pro stadiums (stl and az). As much as I hear people having good time, I don’t think anyone’s having a better time than me. They’re shrinking these stadiums, it doesn’t feel big, it feels , it feels right, it feels like family.

nuts4gb (twitter)

how about a Fogelberg trilogy in Denver.

again, pro stadiums, probably not gonna do a trilogy, in pro stadiums, but the college stadiums for sure…. BUT, you never know, that’ s a pretty cool idea. So phoenix… can’t speak enough about dan fogelberg, lived my life by his lyrics while in college, so Denver, we share a love affair with the same artist

Morgan (Dallas)

who are some of your musical influences, from today’s genre Seriously?? SERIOUSLY???? This type of question again? Come on, better screening of questions unless trying to stroke Garth’s ego.. Also, “Today’s genre?” (Best if he answers he mentions Gaga and Bruno Mars)

lets talk about the garth channel for a fe sec. we talked about the garth channel becoming new. . It’s here. Talk about it becoming upbeat, becoming kinda a live channel. So it’s a new garth channel and what’s the new thing? More music. Cramming more music in there if that’s possible. George strait to ray Charles, to one direction, to Adele, to ed Sheeran. So we’ll go to the influences..

King Calloway, these guys are brand new. They may not even be out yet. If you kind of imagine, one direction, the eagles, NGDB, wrapped into one, ….. of course it might be my job to make them. Little more nervous than they need to be, cause they’re new guys, which is cool,

Kinda bypassed the genre answer some (THANK GOODNESS)

talks very briefly bout midland, then asks if they can talk about them, is told to wait , looks at camera ‘so we didn’t even say midland’ and makes throat slash gesture

Question asked through hashtag about having any tricks / tips for on sale- garth said no, hashtag starts to talk about the tickets behind stage being good, etc.. Garth starts to talk…

Moved stage to 25 yard line. Those seats may be the best to get…

other thing is to register….

Talking vinyl a bit more…

Promised would have more windows coming up. Don’t know if it’ll be 1 or two. Go to garthbrooks.com/vinyl and will get whole story..

Next window will be coming up pretty soon.

Mentions limited has both analog AND remixed versions inside?…? Interesting…

Goodbyes….

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Mentions limited has both analog AND remixed versions inside?…? Interesting…
    Hasn't he always said that, though? That the Limited will have analog LPs and the remixed CDs?

I could easily have misheard it, but the way he sounded, it made it seem like he was saying analog and remastered VINYL in same pacakge- I could have been wrong though, easily enough..
    Hasn't he always said that, though? That the Limited will have analog LPs and the remixed CDs?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I love the hard selling of the seats behind the stage. Can anyone who has been to one of these shows agree with him? It seems Hashtag and Samantha blow a lot of smoke regarding some of the comments posted...

Yes, I have been to 13-14 Garth shows. About half the time I have bought seats behind the stage and they were good seats. It's usually cheaper (on secondary market) and easier to get closer seats.

There's going to be a duet on his new album, and its going to be someone hes never done a duet with!!!!

Hes going to do a concert the North West soon, Oregon. Maybe ashley mcbride will open for him!!

He wont be doing snl again.

He may be planning a Network tv show with Trisha? that will be along the lines of sonny and cher???????? (I hope its not going to be something cheesy)

Very cool night for me regarding Inside Studio g. My question made it on the program about Takamine making 10 southpaw models of his signature guitar. He did a double take because he thought it was a picture flipped around and his reaction was priceless to me. Garth said he didn’t know that and gave me some great advice on how to tune my guitar. Second time I’ve been on the program. I’m just a little excited because like you all, I’m a fanatic. Great night!
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

I think I heard him say he was doing one more Legacy push towards end of April. He also said last Legacy push got them almost to a Million units sold. That will be cool with a Million units sold. Then when retails are added in that will be a nice total. I can't remember if he said all three versions will be available at retail but I will pick up all three for personal use and let my numbered sets stay unopened. Plus it will be a great present for friends. How many of you are buying a record player for this product? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LostSessions View Post
    Very cool night for me regarding Inside Studio g. My question made it on the program about Takamine making 10 southpaw models of his signature guitar. He did a double take because he thought it was a picture flipped around and his reaction was priceless to me. Garth said he didn’t know that and gave me some great advice on how to tune my guitar. Second time I’ve been on the program. I’m just a little excited because like you all, I’m a fanatic. Great night!
    Awesome, well done on getting your question answered, and great question!!!

Cool that you got your question answered. The James Taylor tuning is great for playing with a capo but if you play a lot of open position chords or electric guitar without a capo he doesn't work very well to my ears. But everyone is different.
    Last edited by wimpy77; 04-16-2019 at 12:58 AM.

How many of you are buying a record player for this product? :-)
    nope- I'll leave my vinyl's unopened, and get the cd's into my music 'rotation'

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Awesome, well done on getting your question answered, and great question!!!
    Thank you so much!
    -Garth Brooks

I think I heard him say he was doing one more Legacy push towards end of April. He also said last Legacy push got them almost to a Million units sold. That will be cool with a Million units sold. Then when retails are added in that will be a nice total. I can't remember if he said all three versions will be available at retail but I will pick up all three for personal use and let my numbered sets stay unopened. Plus it will be a great present for friends. How many of you are buying a record player for this product? :-)
    Yep, looking at record players currently and will be buying soon. I bought two copies of Legacy. One will be for my collection and one WILL be played on my record player. I didn’t grow up listening to vinyl; it was a little before my time. I grew up listening to cassette tapes, so the first records I will open and listen to is the Analog version.
    -Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Cool that you got your question answered. The James Taylor tuning is great for playing with a capo but if you play a lot of open position chords or electric guitar without a capo he doesn't work very well to my ears. But everyone is different.
    Thank you! I do plan to take Garth’s advice and tune my guitar the James Taylor way to see how it sounds. I use a capo quite a bit so I’m looking forward to trying it out.
    -Garth Brooks

+ Reply to Thread