+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by LostSessions View Post
    Yep. Garth told anyone outside the USA to get with their buddies here because this is not going to be available overseas.
    Thats what I thought, not to worry, hehehe we do our dates backwards, so I guess that would cause confusion. Ect The day becomes before the month, so today is 26/2/19.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    So let me try to understand. 3 versions of package that are numbered. Then 3 versions with no numbers. And then a concert version of the 3 versions? Plus how are they packaged. I saw albums but didn't catch the CD part. Plus you buy tomorrow but don't get until November. But those at concert can get theirs at concert. When will retail get theirs? Will there be an only CD version that comes without vinyl? I like that we can order now but not charged till September,give or take. So many questions. Plus 5 albums with two special albums and CDs. How many total units for those of us interested. With 100,00 numbered to start times how many albums and CDs, then retail copies times unlimited numbers, and concert copies times unlimited. I have so many more questions.
    Every version will be numbered. Concert version? No. Analog/Remix-Remaster, and limited versions. G seemed to indicate that these will be in stores before our special order, because the special ordering going on tomorrow is all about that special 6 digit number if you want that, plus for all 3 packages it will be $100, where if you go to a store to buy, you will be paying significantly more.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    So let me try to understand. 3 versions of package that are numbered. Then 3 versions with no numbers. And then a concert version of the 3 versions? Plus how are they packaged. I saw albums but didn't catch the CD part. Plus you buy tomorrow but don't get until November. But those at concert can get theirs at concert. When will retail get theirs? Will there be an only CD version that comes without vinyl? I like that we can order now but not charged till September,give or take. So many questions. Plus 5 albums with two special albums and CDs. How many total units for those of us interested. With 100,00 numbered to start times how many albums and CDs, then retail copies times unlimited numbers, and concert copies times unlimited. I have so many more questions.
    He did say the ones without numbers, will be available at the concerts. But what about retail????? I also wonder how many bonus songs there will be, and how many songs will be on triple live.

The whole thing does look beautifully done, the Moon cover is amazing.

Like you say, still so so many unanswered questions.

Jeez, this is not easy figuring out everything we are getting! I was wrong on the numbered versions. Garth said the numbered copies will be made last so the copies at retail and concerts will not be numbered.

I'm so confused about the CD's and what version they are going to be in. G said if you don't ever want to open your vinyl record you won't have to because CD's are included. Sounds like all 3 versions.

All three versions will have bonus tracks but only on the CD's?

Seven albums, not four as I said before...I think that's what g said.

For Triple Live, there are different covers and inside cover as well. He said a number, and showed us 2 of the covers.
    -Garth Brooks

IF you only buy the limited version, you get the analog version on vinyl and the remix/remaster on CD.
    -Garth Brooks

Jeez, this is not easy figuring out everything we are getting! I was wrong on the numbered versions. Garth said the numbered copies will be made last so the copies at retail and concerts will not be numbered.

I'm so confused about the CD's and what version they are going to be in. G said if you don't ever want to open your vinyl record you won't have to because CD's are included. Sounds like all 3 versions.

All three versions will have bonus tracks but only on the CD's?

Seven albums, not four as I said before...I think that's what g said.

For Triple Live, there are different covers and inside cover as well. He said a number, and showed us 2 of the covers.
    Sorry to add to the confusion, but I thought he said theres triple live, But four more albums.

Maybe I’m crazy but I thought it was pretty clear about the 3 different boxes.
    1. Analog
    2. Digital (Remix/Remaster)
    3. Limited (Vinyl would be analog/CD would be digital remix/remaster with bonus tracks)
    The way it sounded is only #3 would have CDs

What was definitely not clear is what albums are included in these sets. That was never fully spelled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Sorry to add to the confusion, but I thought he said theres triple live, But four more albums.
    I was counting Triple Live as only one unit. I finally added up that 3 + 4= 7 total items in the package. I was wondering what the other albums were.

So, Triple Live = 3 albums, then add No Fences, The Chase, In Pieces, and Fresh Horses to get that magic #7.

I cannot believe he is skipping Ropin' the Wind and putting Fresh Horses in the package. I have my thoughts as to why, and we all knew Chase/Pieces was going to be in there to get him two more Diamond awards.

So my first comment was right...we're NOT getting his entire catalog on vinyl. Guess I can't have everything I want. *sigh*
    -Garth Brooks

IF you only buy the limited version, you get the analog version on vinyl and the remix/remaster on CD.
    I think this is the only version I'm getting. The $100 deal for all 3 boxes shipped is a screaming deal, no doubt, and they're the numbered boxes to boot, which makes it an insanely good deal. BUT, i have no use for that many copies of the same albums (on top of the many many versions I already have). So... I'm gonna wait 'til they hit stores and just get the Limited Box. It's all I need in the end. And truth be told, I don't even really need that since I only have a dinky record player. Another benefit to waiting is that by then I'll know just how many bonus tracks there are and what they are.

Sure the numbered thing is a cool gimmick, but it's just not a good enough draw to pull the trigger on all 3 boxes now, no matter how good of a deal it is.

So my first comment was right...we're NOT getting his entire catalog on vinyl. Guess I can't have everything I want. *sigh*
    No I think we are, just not this year. I think another box will get released next year.

You know what I find interesting? From what I could see from the back of the box, I couldn't see the cover art for the debut album and I got pretty good eyes I would've been able to see it. So I don't even know if we'll even get that.

Do we really need 21 copies of vinyl? Is that correct for tonight's early order? It's just too much. I love the guy but I already have the music. I don't even have a record player. Analogue would be cool though.

Catalog Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    No I think we are, just not this year. I think another box will get released next year.
    This sounds right. I bet a lot depends on how sales of Legacy do tonight and when the un-numbered copies go on sale. If it doesn't sell great he may wait. But during his chat, did hear him talk about the hardcore fan and collector s of his music when he mentioned the numbered versions?
    It will also be interesting to see how many copies the people from ebay and such places buy. Also, will he release the numbers to Soundscan? They count everything now. When I look at the building chart info, they include vinyl sales. It would be pretty cool if hr eas #1 with vinyl only boxed set. Hell the top country album on average sells about 30,000 a wee.
    I hope he does end up releasing all his catalog on vinyl. For the number crunchers that will be a lot of music between the people who will buy the vinyl and those who will get the cds.
    I am just glad they won't take the money out of my account until September or so. Gives me a few months to save up.
    Also curious how many people will just buy the rarities version on numbered version. What will happen to the other two numbered versions.
    Oh well, I guess I will have to cut down on visits to Habit Burger and wait until my birthday for un-numbered versions (except for one copy to say I have it).

THE WAIT IS OVER!! TODAY at 7PM EASTERN/6PM CENTRAL & 4PM PACIFIC, the window opens to purchase Garth Brooks’ LEGACY VINYL COLLECTION! Last night on ISG, Garth revealed a vinyl boxed set like no other and is making the entire three-box set available to the ISG and g-mail followers only! Join Garth LIVE at garthbrooks.com/vinyl tonight for your chance to purchase the entire collection at the “band and crew” price with shipping included.

“These rare boxes are numbered and are hand packed, “ Garth said, “So only a small number of boxes can be made at a time.” Be the first to reserve your special number or date and be the only one in the world that has it!

When you order this one-of-a-kind numbered collection, you get to reserve your special 6-digit number! That number could be a date or some number that has special meaning to you or someone you love. The system is also set up to reserve you the lowest remaining number available to make your choice easy.

Each box contains the first-ever, multi-album offering of TRIPLE LIVE, NO FENCES, IN PIECES, THE CHASE, and FRESH HORSES. Also included are 5 CDs, all with bonus tracks. From the original analog recordings, to the crisp and clear remixed-remastered digital versions, these are some of the most successful albums in history!

This three-box series with shipping would retail at over $200, but Garth is giving this first window the same price as the band/crew…$100 and that INCLUDES shipping! “This will be the ONLY window for that price and having shipping included.” Garth said.

The window will only be open for a short time as quantities are limited. To find out more about this amazing offer, last night’s episode of #STUDIOG is attached. You can also visit talkshop.live.

Jason Bryan posted:
    THE LEGACY COLLECTION (vinyl's) There is THREE versions 1. Analog - like old time record and includes a. No Fences b. The Chase c. In Pieces d. Fresh Horses e. Triple Live (full release, more songs) 2. Remixed/Remastered - like newer music digital remastered a. No Fences b. The Chase c. In Pieces d. Fresh Horses e. Triple Live (full release, more songs) 3. Limited - (Analog Vinyl/ Digital Remastered CDs) *For a limited time* a. No Fences b. The Chase c. In Pieces d. Fresh Horses e. Triple Live (full release, more songs) You have to order ALL THREE versions to get to pick what DATE you want printed on the spine. TOMORROW at 6pm CT / 7pm ET the sale goes live at garthbrooks.com/vinyl You can get ALL THREE sets for $100 tomorrow ONLY These will be available in stores later (without personal numbers) 1. Analog is $49.95 2. Remixed/Remastered is $49.95 3. Limited is $74.95 in stores

This may be the coolest release Garth has ever done ..the anthologies are awesome , but this is somehow even BETTER!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

I think I'll wait and get triple live on CD alone. Disappounted that he didn't do his AskGarth. I sent him a question and if he answers it, I'm gonna scream like a girl at a Dan & Shay concert.

I sure wish we could get an actual tracklist. I'm only interested in whatever "bonus tracks" he's talking about, so before I drop a hundred bucks I'd really like to know just what they are.

I want to see whole package

Quote Originally Posted by mdewater View Post
    I sure wish we could get an actual tracklist. I'm only interested in whatever "bonus tracks" he's talking about, so before I drop a hundred bucks I'd really like to know just what they are.
    I would like to see the entire box set also. What the albums look like, how the CDs are packaged. I assume the CDs will be inserted like the Anthology, no case, just pin in. But I will take a gamble and buy.

Disappointed. Where’s GARTH BROOKS and ROPIN?

Isn't it obvious, those albums with the exception of No Fences are the ones that haven't gone diamond
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Yeah...I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Isn't it obvious, those albums with the exception of No Fences are the ones that haven't gone diamond
    Well, and according to the RIAA, No Fences was last certified in 2006 at 17 million. Could he be trying to make a push to get it certified double-platinum?

Another thing... do all 3 boxes come with CDs, or just the limited box? Because I thought he said all 3 come with CDs. If indeed all 3 boxes do have CDs, then for every one person that buys all 3 boxes, Garth will get a whopping 42 units counted toward his RIAA numbers, since each box will have 14 discs. Not saying it's bad, per se, but like Scarecrow said, it's blatantly obvious that one of the main purposes behind this is to help boost RIAA numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by fences2312 View Post
    Disappointed. Where’s GARTH BROOKS and ROPIN?
    I'm also quite peeved about that. But I can't complain too much because I have the original vinyl presses of both, including the Korean version of Ropin' that also includes four tracks off the original LP blended in as part of the album with an all Korean liner note.

It would be cool to have the limited number. But hell, like most of you, I've been collecting everything. I'd honestly rather just have the analog vinyl. Gonna be an interesting few hours trying to weigh forking over $100 tonight — which don't get me wrong is a GREAT deal. What to do with all of those extra albums lol.

This is gonna be a pass from me, at least at this stage. IN PIECES is one of my favorites but I just can't be bothered at this time. Great price though, hope you vinyl nuts jump on that $100 price !

Quote Originally Posted by etsuwes View Post
    I'm also quite peeved about that. But I can't complain too much because I have the original vinyl presses of both, including the Korean version of Ropin' that also includes four tracks off the original LP blended in as part of the album with an all Korean liner note.

It would be cool to have the limited number. But hell, like most of you, I've been collecting everything. I'd honestly rather just have the analog vinyl. Gonna be an interesting few hours trying to weigh forking over $100 tonight — which don't get me wrong is a GREAT deal. What to do with all of those extra albums lol.
    Jealous. Been searching for those on vinyl...so expensive. I think we’re gonna see a Record Store day release of GARTH BROOKS since it coincides with the 30 year anniversary. Same box like quality. Limited number. Hopefully.

Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    This is gonna be a pass from me, at least at this stage. IN PIECES is one of my favorites but I just can't be bothered at this time. Great price though, hope you vinyl nuts jump on that $100 price !
    Yeah I rather pay the 80 dollars on the retail version, not in a hurry to buy these collectibles.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Yeah I rather pay the 80 dollars on the retail version, not in a hurry to buy these collectibles.
    I'd rather pay $100 for all three packages and not get charged till October, but thats just me XD

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Not in a hurry at all either, to buy a collectible for something which will literally never be used. I'm sorry, to me at least vinyl is still a niche at best format, trying to be resurrected but failing format at best.. The ONLY thing that would push me to get something like this would be the bonus songs, and those aren't even shared/announced. I hate to say. it but there are other ways, or probably will be, to get the bonus songs.... Heck, Garth's never been afraid of re-releasing things- or repackaging.. I'm sure they'll be snapped up but if there aren't compelling reasons (i.e. listings of the new songs/bonus songs etc.) it's a pass for now
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread