+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    With the random mention of a “Dive Bar Tour announcement” I’ve got a gut feeling there may be a pop up show tonight. I may be as wrong as can be, but just got a hunch.
    What Tour Announcement mention?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    may have typos in it, ask if questions... this was literally type as garth was speaking, into file transferred to PG)

inside studio G recap 7-7-2019

dive bar tour kicking off in chicago on 7/15

talking about emitt …. and why he looks like this.

when the 7s line up….

announcing … not announcing the bar, but announcing the city..

seagrams is connecting to the tour..

going to goto 7 dive bars during the summer..

blake shelton’s GOd’s country goes #1 this week…

can say the city, but not the name of the bar

kick off city is chicago. Radio will announce the bar name at drive time… will announce actual bar. (I think Drive time is 5pm locally)

seagrams is picking all the cities, but not sponsoring the tour..

al the way up to prime day, can only hear dive bar on country radio and garth channel

going to b connected to country radio station.

would do a residency in oregon..

(man, I love his property in TN.. great view!)

talks about boise… mentions again recording dive bar

if garth can pick dive bar, can do ‘layla’s in nashville?

honky tonks are everything for us..

plays snippet of Much too young (and a few chords of FILP)

plays a bit of dive bar…

it’s gonna feel as home there as the dance will, as 2pc will..

dive bar tour will be ‘huge’ in a small way, only way to get in is to be on your local radio station..

scaled down band is coming too..

thunder hits and garth plays a few notes of the thunder rolls..

***ask garth*** - when will dive bar be available on streaming (DUH HE’S ALREADY ANSWERED IT!!! PRIME DAY!!)

July 15th.. prime day… announce a show on local country radio.. (will probably be all over on drive time tomorrow..)

dive bar tour will last all summer long.. only 7 bars…… announced through radio..

goodbyes….
    Last edited by Skywise; 07-07-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    So am I the only person that finds Studio G tonight as fishy? He’s doing it on an off night, it is 7/7 (and we know his thing for the number 7) and it’s National Dive Bar day. With the random mention of a “Dive Bar Tour announcement” I’ve got a gut feeling there may be a pop up show tonight. I may be as wrong as can be, but just got a hunch.

not quite a pop up show, but a mini pop up tour

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I was close. A tour instead of a show. Ha!

Man going to be a blast for people who go. that would be so so much fun to see in that setting.

I am going to guess the bars will be full of the bar owners friends and family or you need to know someone to get a ticket, so the real fans get screwed again.
    Residency in Oregon? Garth you got their money and I thought Denver was the greatest?
    I think it would be really cool if Garth did a tour this summer or next hitting county fairs. I saw him 4 times at a fair and it was really unique plus it helps fairs that are struggling

from what he said on the show, it sounds like tickets will all be handled through country radio...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I am going to guess the bars will be full of the bar owners friends and family or you need to know someone to get a ticket, so the real fans get screwed again.
    Residency in Oregon? Garth you got their money and I thought Denver was the greatest?
    I think it would be really cool if Garth did a tour this summer or next hitting county fairs. I saw him 4 times at a fair and it was really unique plus it helps fairs that are struggling
    I am pretty sure he wants to buy a house here.. A friend of mine was his "guide" when he played in Portland in 2015. He really fell in love with the Columbia River Gorge.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...web&fr=yfp-t-s

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    I am pretty sure he wants to buy a house here.. A friend of mine was his "guide" when he played in Portland in 2015. He really fell in love with the Columbia River Gorge.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...web&fr=yfp-t-s
    Wow oh wow. What an amazing beautiful place, no wonder he wants to live there.

sorry bout typos but it was typed live as it happened

INSIDE STUDIO G RECAP 7-29-2019

dive bar tour- next stop is bakersfield ca

talking about local stations giving tickets to these tours- KYGO in denver is sending people to a dive bar stop, I know

talking about dive bar tour some- mentioning seagrams’ 7.

mentions people watching the tours

ask garth- cole from canada

will be able to start canadian tradition, like does with the college stadiums, start a tradition that hillights album cuts…?

garth likes the idea,… mentions 3 songs from MAM (cold like that, tired of boys, midnight train).. plays snippet of she’s tired of boys.. - really getting into the song…

plays snippet of midnight train

-doesn’t know if will do on tour but was fun/fabulous to do there….

talks about did wild horses in boise

talking about garth seeing sign for wild horses, says it said ‘with jimmy’…

ask garth- promise from Calgary

can I finally get your autograph, I’m friday night front row regina…

garth says ‘front row hasn’t been given out yet’.. hehe

DING- MENTIONS DENVER BEST NIGHT OF HIS CAREER AGAIN

ask garth- jeremy from Regina-

can’t decide what shirt to wear, shows 3 mo betta shirts

talking about hearing old mo betta shirts are coming back

ask garth- papacraig (twitter)

do you have your I love my #everygirl shirt

garth says he has a shirt that says ‘I love my trisha’

ask garth - amy (twitter)

no question, mentions thanking him for ‘thicker than blood’..

garth talks about the song just a bit

ask garth - instaamy (twitter)

been following since 1992. (has comments about boise, no real question

VINYL updates..

vinyl is in retail for pre order.. saw it at best buy, at amazon, now have imdivid. boxes about 70-79$

mentions getting it from ISG for $100

mentions sets going for $175-200 at garthbrooks.com this fall

FUN record— spending time in studio, it’s a blast.. taking about some song that sounds like ed sullivan show out of 60s.. it’s fun but it’s garth…

goodbyes…

- then he mentions 'the FUN album , coming [b]this fall[/u] when intro'ing the next song (the road I'm on) on the garth channel..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post

- then he mentions 'the FUN album , coming this fall when intro'ing the next song (the road I'm on) on the garth channel..
    Sigh... called it. So once again the “new stuff” will get buried in an overabundance of product that is primarily focused on the “old stuff” from the first 7 albums. Even Triple Live will mostly consist of the old songs. I just don’t get it.

Him playing “She’s Tired of Boys” and “Midnight Train” brought me back to Man Against Machine. It has aged tremendously for me. One of my favorite Garth albums with the worst possible single choices.

So Fun has gone from spring release to summer and now fall? I will never again pre-order another album from Garth until there is a definite release date attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellie View Post
    So Fun has gone from spring release to summer and now fall? I will never again pre-order another album from Garth until there is a definite release date attached to it.
    But, but, but... Garth said that the $10 pre-order price was only for a very limited time back in June of 2018. I mean, if you would have waited until now to pre-order it, you wouldn't have gotten that pri------- (checks current Amazon pre-order price and finds that it's still $10) ------- um, yeah, so.... nevermind.

I just want to know what has taken so long. If he set the pre-orders back a year and a half ago, did he not have the album basically mapped out and planned then? If not, then why start pre-orders so early? He said yesterday that he's still working on it and spending his time in the studio, which means he's still recording. So his statement that they have 4-5 songs mixed a month ago and they just needed to mix the rest was either bogus, or he keeps changing his mind on what songs he wants on it. And again, I wonder if the 4-5 songs he claimed were mixed were just All Day Long, The Road I'm On, Stronger Than Me, Dive Bar, and Courage of Love. I dunno. in the end I'm okay with the delays because I want him to put out the strongest album possible, but it seems he can't make up his mind about the whole thing. But hey, don't worry, because we have the Diamond hunting Legacy set to shill out.

FUN record— spending time in studio, it’s a blast.. taking about some song that sounds like ed sullivan show out of 60s.. it’s fun but it’s garth…
    This sounds really intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I just want to know what has taken so long. If he set the pre-orders back a year and a half ago, did he not have the album basically mapped out and planned then? If not, then why start pre-orders so early? He said yesterday that he's still working on it and spending his time in the studio, which means he's still recording. So his statement that they have 4-5 songs mixed a month ago and they just needed to mix the rest was either bogus, or he keeps changing his mind on what songs he wants on it. And again, I wonder if the 4-5 songs he claimed were mixed were just All Day Long, The Road I'm On, Stronger Than Me, Dive Bar, and Courage of Love. I dunno. in the end I'm okay with the delays because I want him to put out the strongest album possible, but it seems he can't make up his mind about the whole thing. But hey, don't worry, because we have the Diamond hunting Legacy set to shill out.
    You know though, we got to be excited about it last summer knowing that it was going to be at least a year away. Then we get to be excited about it again this year. We know it's coming. And it's going to be good. I'll take that as a fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    why start pre-orders so early?
    To get your money...?

Or to allow the vinyl pressing plants time to gear up for production??
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    Or to allow the vinyl pressing plants time to gear up for production??
    Is Fun going to be released on vinyl?

I hope Fun makes its way to vinyl too!!!!!!!!!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

A fall release for Fun. This album is going to blow MAM and GunSlinger out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    A fall release for Fun. This album is going to blow MAM and GunSlinger out of the water.
    I agree. And I'm betting it has 13 or 14 songs like Sevens and MAM.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I agree. And I'm betting it has 13 or 14 songs like Sevens and MAM.
    I'll guess it'll have 10-11 songs, and musically will be very similar to Gunslinger.

Should Garth mention the two mass shootings in Tomorrow's Studio G.

I say, if hes got something good to say, he should.

If he just going to say "we should all love one an other, its people loving people" Then he shouldnt.

Because that will be pretty redundant.

Hmm. will try to be somewhat brief here..

Should Garth mention the two mass shootings in Tomorrow's Studio G.
    no- absolutely not, except to talk about it briefly in passing. dont' spend a lot of time on it-

If he just going to say "we should all love one an other, its people loving people" Then he shouldnt.

Because that will be pretty redundant.
    that's exactly the type of stuff he would say- music heals, love one another- love will win... . you name it..

Garth's a musician, not a politician. He's a singer, not a lawmaker. He's an entertainer not a debater..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Hmm. will try to be somewhat brief here..

no- absolutely not, except to talk about it briefly in passing. dont' spend a lot of time on it-

that's exactly the type of stuff he would say- music heals, love one another- love will win... . you name it..

Garth's a musician, not a politician. He's a singer, not a lawmaker. He's an entertainer not a debater..
    Unfortunately because of POLITICIANS the phrase "Thoughts and Prayers" sounds awful, doesnt sound genuine at all, they've ruined the phrase, entertainer or no entertainer, if you aren't
    going to say something significant, I would prefer he doesn't mention it at all, not even in passing.

Saying hes an entertainer and not a debater, that kinda borders on the "Shut up and dribble" comment.

Unfortunately because of POLITICIANS the phrase "Thoughts and Prayers" sounds awful, doesnt sound genuine at all, they've ruined the phrase, entertainer or no entertainer, if you aren't
    going to say something significant, I would prefer he doesn't mention it at all, not even in passing.

Saying hes an entertainer and not a debater, that kinda borders on the "Shut up and dribble" comment.
    Brett please take this to a different post (I'll even start one if needeD) as not to ruin this thread on inside Studio G

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Ok, will do a slightly more in depth write up later, there was not too much talked about on ISG tonight..

He DID mention the events of last few days, in passing, very briefly, and connected the the line 'why can't we see the walls we can't see through' from Thicker then blood. it was not really an issue talked about at all on the show..

a few questions were good. a lot (in a way) of Chris Gaines talk, with Danny Glover (as childish gambino) covered 'lost in you'...

a bit about bakersfield

a bit about vinyl

nothing too new- except that there's a song on the FUN album called 'party gras' (take off of mardi gras)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

do you guys want a full recap? I just re-read my post and it pretty much covers the main parts...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread