+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2019

In the USA, the best country in the world
    quick note- ISG recap from this week isn't going to happen, honestly there wasn't THAT much that was new/worth recapping- sure there were some tidbits but nothing concrete..

well, there was the concert in Oregon that's now been announced..

He did mention SNL, a poss. new tv show (at least ldea wise) and a duet on the new album w/ someone he's not done a duet w/ before, but honestly? it sounded more like Garth 'speculation' than fact, so I'd wait to hear more details first..

I will try to get reaps up if able for the months of April and may, but I am in a long term teaching position and that will take up a LARGE portion of my time... maybe too much.... will see what I can do, and I am still saving the episodes just in case
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I got a twitter notification about norma. time , but looking at things it appears to be just a short video about florida, no inside studio G

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    No studio G today???

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Is anyone else getting aggravated there is never an update on the upcoming new album? In previous STudio G, he is said it would be released in Spring. Spring is now here and still nothing.

Would love an update on the album, but I finally made the show. I was the guy asking about the flat bill hats.

Yeah, todays G, was askgarth questions. Nothing earth shattering, no news, but some ice questions, the usual really. I missed the very very
    start, but I think he talked about the last sales thing for the legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    Would love an update on the album, but I finally made the show. I was the guy asking about the flat bill hats.
    Awesome! Great question!!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one bothered by the lack of updates on the new record. Yeah, the Legacy collection is cool and all, but some of us still care more about new music than just re-hashing stuff from the past. At this point the album has to be completed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by coco1997 View Post
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one bothered by the lack of updates on the new record. Yeah, the Legacy collection is cool and all, but some of us still care more about new music than just re-hashing stuff from the past. At this point the album has to be completed, right?
    Yeah I really wish he was giving us more info. But since no singles from it are currently burning up the charts and thereby increasing demand, maybe he's decided to delay it until fall so he can bundle it with the expanded Triple Live (and likely another copy of The Chase and In Pieces). Who knows?!? I wish they'd let an ask garth about the new album get through on Studio G.

Is Triple Live not going to be available by itself? Not the one that came with the Anthology book, but will it be available by itself ? And yes, I'm waiting for Fun's release date. I don't have money for a bundle and won't get one unless it has everything he has recorded. That last one left me wondering, "Garth, you're missing a few things.."

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post
    Is Triple Live not going to be available by itself? Not the one that came with the Anthology book, but will it be available by itself ? And yes, I'm waiting for Fun's release date. I don't have money for a bundle and won't get one unless it has everything he has recorded. That last one left me wondering, "Garth, you're missing a few things.."
    Garth just doesn't sell anything "new" unless there's an incentive to buy it multiple times over. For example, MAM was sold in the bundle and then by itself. Gunslinger was in the bundle, then in the Ultimate Collection box, then with Christmas Together, and then by itself. Triple Live just came out last October and there's already been 3 different releases in 2 different iterations (2 free download fan mixes and the standard mix CDs in the Anthology). And he's already planning to release it twice more this fall on its own and in the Legacy box (on both vinyl and CD). Whether the Legacy versions will be the extended editions with additional songs or not remains to be seen.

So for the new album, it's already been pre-sold on Amazon, which I'm sure will end up being the "standard" version of the album. I figure a physical copy of that version may be what's sold in stores this Spring if it ever comes out. But then I fully expect him to release an extended deluxe edition with additional songs this fall. I just assume that, if he does in fact do that, then in the guise of making it seem like a value and a bargain he'll offer it in some sort of bundle with Triple Live where you get both extended versions for $20 or something like that. It's just his MO. Why sell you something once that he can instead sell you 2-3 times over?

I think Emerald Isle is 100% right. He has two albums coming out this year triple live and fun. No way he offers these as stand alone purchases. It’s going to be some bundle package that has us buying more old albums or worse yet a Trisha album. It’s exhausting and frustration being a Garth fan these days

Im of the mindset, that it hurts sales of the album, Triple Live or Fun.

If he allowed the album to breath on its own, then Im sure support for it, will grow and grow.

Im positive the reason Gunslinger didnt hit with the public was because it was too confusing with all the
    ways you could buy it.

Didnt Garth say in a interview, that there was going to be something done, and he wants it done by Minneapolis, if not by then, it will be done by Pittsburgh,
    something to do with the TECH, and the way people watch concerts?????

Am Im going crazy? But he did bring this up a few weeks ago right???

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Didnt Garth say in a interview, that there was going to be something done, and he wants it done by Minneapolis, if not by then, it will be done by Pittsburgh,
    something to do with the TECH, and the way people watch concerts?????

Am Im going crazy? But he did bring this up a few weeks ago right???
    I know he said / mentioned something in an inside studio G about wanting 'something done by pittsburgh, if not then then by Denver".. (or something like that- I know he mentioned Denver in the comment... so I don't THINK it was minnesota- but I believe it was an askgarth question from a few weeks ago...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

That was like nearly 40 mins today.

He mentioned the album FUN.

He said the next single will be released exclusively to your LOCAL COUNTRY STATION.

Now here is heere I got a bit confused.

He said the album would be released soon after the next single

It will be not streamed??? but released on AMAZON PRIME DAY.

Ive heard of AMAZON PRIME, but what is "AMAZON PRIME DAY"????

Did I get my wires crossed????

Amazon Prime Day is generally in mid July. It lasts around 36 hours if I remember correctly, and during those hours prime members can get deals on certain products. Also the prime membership is usually discounted for new members.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellie View Post
    Amazon Prime Day is generally in mid July. It lasts around 36 hours if I remember correctly, and during those hours prime members can get deals on certain products. Also the prime membership is usually discounted for new members.
    Cool cheers, Oh please dont take what i said as correct, I may of heard wrong, or got my wires crossed.

Prime day is July 15. So much for a spring release. You know he keeps pushing for those numbers and making us his most loyal fans have to go through the same old stuff all the time. He could have kept his fan base if he released a country album same year as Chris Gaines and market that as just for the movie he was gonna be in. And the studio should have went forward with the movie.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

I didn't listen today... but if he's saying it'll be released on Prime Day, then I suspect this version will be a digital only release, with an expanded physical release to follow in the fall similar to what he's done with Triple Live.

So folks like me that bought the album when we preordered All Night Long will get the rest in July?

That works for me! What I won't do is rush out and buy a physical copy as we know Garth might bundle it later down the line maybe for the holidays.

hmm- sounds like tha'ts the probable reality- the prebuy's will get the rest of album in July.. I'll have to listen to the episode and see what Garth actually says/said so we're not speculating..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I can see him dropping the digital copy with 10 songs and then this fall dropping the physical copy with either 14 songs or with a box set.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I can see him dropping the digital copy with 10 songs and then this fall dropping the physical copy with either 14 songs or with a box set.
    Yep! That's what I'm beginning to expect as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Prime day is July 15. So much for a spring release. You know he keeps pushing for those numbers and making us his most loyal fans have to go through the same old stuff all the time. He could have kept his fan base if he released a country album same year as Chris Gaines and market that as just for the movie he was gonna be in. And the studio should have went forward with the movie.
    I'm reading Prime Day is actually July 8th.

With Garth streaming on Amazon and Amazon is saying he is one of their Top streaming artists they have, how will streaming effect his album sales. Unless he refuses to release numbers, he has no control over streaming. And with the way they count streaming ( every so many streams of songs from an album equals 1 album sale. Will be interesting to see how he charts.

I can't imagine his streaming numbers would add much to his sales. He wants RIAA certifications and pushing CD's at crazy discounts is how he'll keep padding his numbers. That and if he just sold his albums on iTunes at $7.99 or lower.

I hope he never stops releasing actual CD's, I do stream due to the convenience in my car and the much improved sound quality compared to maybe even 5 years ago (and thanks to Prime) but nothing compares to CD's and owning booklets, etc.

I agree but Billboard counts streaming and downloads now for chart purposes. I think he likes chart position because that helps sell cds. I love cds also. I don't stream and never use my downloads. I am hoping he boxes the 15 Anthology cds in cd cases and releases them. I like that format so I can bring the cds in the car etc.

Don't forget (from Garths Mother's day message post on his FB page)

No Inside Studio G Today..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Another long studio G. 30 minutes.

He talked how much he liked Pittsburgh.

There is no studio G next week.

Next time he will be on will be June 3rd to announce who will open for him in Denver.

He knows what the next bunch of stadiums will be, but he didn't announce them.

Thats about it.

+ Reply to Thread