+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2019

Vinyl isn't cheap because there's only a few places that still make vinyl albums.

How much do Vinyl records cost anyway???

If ya in to Garth and Vinyl, this will be like a dream come true for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    How much do Vinyl records cost anyway???
    That all depends on the quality of the vinyl, whether each album will be on 1 disc or 2, the extent of the packaging, etc. But assuming Garth just does 1 disc for each studio album, with 5-7 songs per side, in U.S. dollars I imagine each individual album would go for anywhere from $20-$35. Now if each album is in its own "box" with individualized numbers and multiple discs, etc., then it's not out of the realm of possibility that each individual album could go for anywhere from $40 to $140, depending on how much extra stuff is included. It's also the industry standard these days for vinyl releases to also include digital download cards and or CDs of all the content, which will also get factored into the price.

So here's my guess, based on Garth's history and what he's said about this so far. I think the vinyl boxes will be the Diamond Series, and if that's true then I think each album will be released in it's own box, which will include the main album on one vinyl disc, and bonus material (including demos, live performances, bonus tracks, etc) on a second vinyl disc. I think each box will also include 2 CDs with the same content, and a digital download card. I also guess that each album will have a deluxe sized booklet (possibly hardbacked) celebrating that album. But those won't be too grand, since he won't want them to compete with the Anthologies.

If this is indeed what he's releasing, then I imagine each one would go for $50-$100 each. And if he does include CDs and digital download cards, then each shipment would count as 6 discs for his RIAA totals.

Now if he just releases a single boxed set with one-disc vinyl versions of all 12 country studio albums (including Fun) + maybe one or two discs of bonus tracks, etc., then I imagine the price will be anywhere from $200-$300. Now if he also includes vinyl versions of Double Live, Chris Gaines, The Lost Sessions, The Ultimate Hits, and/or Triple Live, then the cost would obviously go up even higher.

I guess my question is who is going to share if there is new music cause I am not dropping hundreds of dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    That all depends on the quality of the vinyl, whether each album will be on 1 disc or 2, the extent of the packaging, etc. But assuming Garth just does 1 disc for each studio album, with 5-7 songs per side, in U.S. dollars I imagine each individual album would go for anywhere from $20-$35. Now if each album is in its own "box" with individualized numbers and multiple discs, etc., then it's not out of the realm of possibility that each individual album could go for anywhere from $40 to $140, depending on how much extra stuff is included. It's also the industry standard these days for vinyl releases to also include digital download cards and or CDs of all the content, which will also get factored into the price.

So here's my guess, based on Garth's history and what he's said about this so far. I think the vinyl boxes will be the Diamond Series, and if that's true then I think each album will be released in it's own box, which will include the main album on one vinyl disc, and bonus material (including demos, live performances, bonus tracks, etc) on a second vinyl disc. I think each box will also include 2 CDs with the same content, and a digital download card. I also guess that each album will have a deluxe sized booklet (possibly hardbacked) celebrating that album. But those won't be too grand, since he won't want them to compete with the Anthologies.

If this is indeed what he's releasing, then I imagine each one would go for $50-$100 each. And if he does include CDs and digital download cards, then each shipment would count as 6 discs for his RIAA totals.

Now if he just releases a single boxed set with one-disc vinyl versions of all 12 country studio albums (including Fun) + maybe one or two discs of bonus tracks, etc., then I imagine the price will be anywhere from $200-$300. Now if he also includes vinyl versions of Double Live, Chris Gaines, The Lost Sessions, The Ultimate Hits, and/or Triple Live, then the cost would obviously go up even higher.
    Cheers!!

That was really informative, again hope all the vinyl people live what he's going to put out!!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    man- it takes time to find time during the week for a recap!

Here's the recap for this past Monday's inside studio G

Apologize for the lateness of this recap

Inside Studio G Recap for 2-4-2019

Inside Studio G is clocking in a bit bigger, at 20 minutes, 24 seconds this week

Going out to Grammys, and musicCares for Dolly Parton (on 2/8)

People are giving Garth Birthday wishes (and garth says gifts showing up in mail)

Reiterates all $ from t4k goes to kids

Mentions lady from last week about showing tattoos but not hers.. recaps and revisits that

Talks about bohemian rhapsody movie- heard that Brian may actor in movie was little kids in jurassic park.. (did not know that! )

In movie, they talk about the song, they lose their record deal due to it, they release it anyway, it’s panned everywhere, bad reviews etc, and turns out to be one of the biggest selling records in rock history

Trying to connect (I guess) the dance and the change to the importance to bohemian rhapsody saying (paraphrase) “these songs, mostly ballads, become the holders of the words that people have tattooed on them”

Thanks the writer(s) (Tony Arata certainly)

Getting comments about the super bowl, which brings them to ‘tailgate’

Trishas tailgate tickets went on sale for the next concert.. (way too expensive (almost as much as the ticket was) but there is a lot of food and drink…

Each one will be unique to the city. There are still some tickets for st Louis tailgate but they sell out fast

- actually had to forcibly close it down so people could / would go into the show itself

Talking about having Trisha’s tailgates at other places (stagecoach etc..)

Ask Garth’s

O.H.I.O. (twitter)
    Would you ever consider live streaming a stadium show on the garth channel? (gonna guess he says no)

No (told ya!) have not thought of it, and I can’t imagine live streaming it, BUT I’ll check with them and see cause this is a cool thing- what if we popped in with them for one song? You just get to pop in with them, get a taste of it, the next stadium you do it we’ll make sure it’s a different song they pop in on, you can get an idea of what it’s like to be in the crowd for one of these things cause I tell ya, its the best seat in the house, and its the coolest thing to get to be garth on one of these things, because the crowd, is the best part of the show. It’s like um, it’s like events and you go to the show and you want them to be amazing, what makes a garth concert just the even for me, is the crowd, hands down. It’s not garth, not the band, no offense to the band and the crew, it’s the crowd. That’s a great idea, we’ll get to work on it.” ]

More F.U.N. comments………

Doing a twitter poll about the top few hashtags for album, and tweet people for their favorite- will do it for a week or so before the launch of the record, which he says is coming up soon.

Jill (twitter}

Happy early birthday Garth. Will you give us any hints about the artist you will cover with the trilogy in each city? I’d love to see you do a little Johnny b Goode in St Louis. Pretty sure you won’t touch Nellie Lol

”the trilogies.. Ok the trilogies are these things that remind the kids of the bands, of the music that should never be forgotten and won’t be forgotten. But the trilogies or music 101 are only in the universities… so the next “trilogy” is probably going to be in I guess Florida, where the gators are. So that will b the next trilogy.

Tina Filer (twitter)

I can’t wait to celebrate G day on the 7th. I have my M&Ms, Dr Pepper, but what should I order from Taco Bell? Please help ( oh for the love of all that’s holy…. What a dumb softball mindless question….I’m beginning to wonder if I’m just not as obsessed as I used to be or if I’m just not obsessed as a fan at all

”Anything off of the supreme menu, of course. It’s your birthday right? You only get to do it once a year… that’s sweet….”.

Talks about what he’s gonna have for his birthday and do on his birthday…

Amy (FB comment}
    Garth do you have any advice for my daughter, as she heads into her first studio recording session on March 7th?

”well one, she’s picked a good day to do it . I’d tell her to just have fun. She’s gonna be nervous as hell, and she’s going to want to be someone different than herself but just tell her the she is enough. That’s it- that’s what they just kept reminding me, when I went into my first one, so thats’ it, just have fun.”

Dave (video question/comment)
    - talking again about tattoos - no real question….

”kinda speed a can of worms here..

Next week will have samples of product for people to see, and next week will introduce Vinyl.

Don’t know whats going on yet buy will have all ducks in a row next week. They actually know the just have to wait until next week

Numbers

Vinyl package is coming….

Vinyl boxes are numbered. Hav the chance to reserve the number before it is even made. Will bak about details next week. Going to take about 3 continents, -4 countries to make this thing, it’s going to be crazy.

people who Made it Have promised that can do really short and reserve our numbers…

It’s going to be expensive, so not for everyone. Wants to make sure the first offering (coming the week after next probably, ) the first window, will be ‘just for us’. Wants to test system, without bearing down on it but wants to make sure people get the numbers they want.

As windows evolve, will blow it out and get bigger partners.

No formal announcement till next week.
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Didn't see Inside studio G Live, but I heard it cut off before the end, is that right?

Also he didnt give details of the Vinyl thing?

But he's going to spring training with the Pittsburgh pirates!! Cool!

It did cut off but some news next week about vinyl and the actual vinyl info is the week after that, i think.

Probably just a coincidence, but the Record Store Day list will likely be released in 2-3 weeks. It takes place on Saturday April 13.

According to Garth's

Inside studio G 5pm est tomorrow from the pirates spring training.

Not sure if there will be two studio g's tomorrow, or just the one earlier.

I believe just one.

I guess it will be about team mates for kids, and of course the Vinyl thing.

I sure hope we find out about vinyl soon. I need to know how much to save for my collection. This is going to be an expensive year if everything comes out that is hinted at. New album-cd and vinvl, Diamond Series-cd and vinyl, Anthology 2 or 4 or 5, Triple Live-cd and vinyl, maybe release of catalog....plus those copies I buy as gifts during the year. Yikes.

Garth said today that "Triple Live" is coming this fall. Should discuss vinyl project next week.

Inside Studio G 2-18-2019

25m35s today.....

live from spring training facility - in the batting cage/then walking into facility-

intros- talks about it all being about t4k today.. mentions his jersey being a semi retired # and they may do some for charity this season

talking about history of teammates for kids

lists the sports,

talks about Larry Walker starting…..

asking him some questions about spring training..

(He’s giving a tour of the spring training facility for the pirates)

talks about why Bucs, why pirates? talks about Roberto Clemente

gets own glove signed with his name on it

showing his locker

kinda a cool picture of the locker room

coming into the ‘tech heavy’ place he says.. showing retired #’s on the wall.

Inside studio G logo is on the wall

going to have guests from Teammates for kids. some famous guests..

shows a pic of him on the field.

showing him i the batting cage (pic and video)

lol said ‘was there a garth baseball card?” then replies “no but if there was, it would ave been airbrushed” (lol he’s aware of the joke)

shows the autograph type of area… wow- a lot of people- not unexpected…

Debbie-(twitter) how many baseballs so you think you’ve signed

(he says a bunch.)

Robin Roberts…. talking about teammates for kids- whats been the highlight for you? -

relationships

Mike fisher (NHL) - “what’s you favorite song you perform…. “-

might be the river…

(triple live record- coming out in the fall. The River is taken from mercedes benz in atlanta)

Joe Thomas (NFL) “of more than 4500 athletes, who would you moist like to have over at your house and drink a beer, etc..? -

Joe, entire women’s soccer olympic team, Larry Walker (the first teammate), Jon Dorenbos.

Jon Dorenbos (Eagles/NFL) - “to all new parents, garth- if there’s one thing we should buy when having a kid that should help us, what should it be…” -

a stop light. put it in their room- as long as it’s red no one else is up, when it’s green people are up…. and its game on”

Steve levy and barry melrose (espn) - “what is your favorite athlete? Can you get me Ms Yearwood’s autograph?”

just kinda laughs through their question

Matt Hasslebeck (NFL) -“ what stadium in what song at what time was your all-time favorite….

“ dublin ireland, croke park, the river….”

NASCAR teammates- Jimmy Johnson was one, Smoke was one,

Heather Mitts - first female teammate (twitter) -“ what do you mis most from days of watching girls growing up playing soccer.”

you don’t miss because you enjoy seeing how they play game, learn, etc. ones in grad school ones a mom one wants music business. you see them win lose and react… best probably till day I die

Adam Wainwright (mlb) - “I have a challenge for you- your foundation and mine. we do something great in STL area to help kids

“I’m In” yes- we’ll just do it- dollar for dollar whatever you want to do. but you know what ? let’s do something big…

showing clippings of playing with pirates / working out for them in 1998, and taking batting practice- HR from both sides of plate.. ..

people loving people what a great way to show the kids..

Net week- special show-

introduce vinyl’
    initiate talkshow live (like they did with anthologies?)

this week- T4k..

joking- can’t hang out in the area they are in- it’s for players only.. shows the crew out

Goodbyes
    Last edited by Skywise; 02-18-2019 at 05:40 PM.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So how many weeks has he now said he would tell us about vinyl next week?

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    ehh two now I think..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So hes going to mention Vinyl next week. Will this just be the preview of the Vinyl? Or is it the big unveil of what his vinyl is going to be?

I THINK it's the full reveal....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I THINK it's the full reveal....
    Brilliant!!!! That's going to be worth seeing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    By my count, is now the third.

If Triple Live is coming out in the fall, what about Fun? Fall is when he releases things.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post
    If Triple Live is coming out in the fall, what about Fun? Fall is when he releases things.
    I think he said spring for "Fun"

Initial thoughts.

The packaging is amazing, I mean really, its mind blowing, hats off to Garth for that.

Now correct me if Im wrong for the following.

There are going to be three versions.

One is going to have the numbers.

Each version are going to have cd's as well as records.

There will be Triple Live, and four other albums????

No Fences, In Pieces, not sure what the other two are.

It wont be shipped until November? (or is that just the ones with the numbers)

Different prices, ranging from $50, $75, $100 to $200. (did I hear that right)

You can order all three versions for $100 Bucks tomorrow??

There will be bonus songs on each album.

Only avaaible for people in the USA. (at this stage, since Im not vinyl person, I Probably wont get my brother to send it out)

If I lived in the USA, and was a fan of Vinyl I would be jumping to get this IF there were quite a few bonus songs.

It looks a Lovely package.

What do people think????
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 02-25-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Initial thoughts.

The packaging is amazing, I mean really, its mind blowing, hats off to Garth for that.

Only avaaible for people in the USA. (at this stage, since Im not vinyl person, I Probably wont get my brother to send it out)

If I lived in the USA, and was a fan of Vinyl I would be jumping to get this IF there were quite a few bonus songs.

What do people think????
    Not gonna shell out the pre-order bucks, I'll tell you that. Will give me an excuse to support a brick and mortar book or since I'm going to be moving to St. Louis this summer, they might have some vinyl stores over there.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Not gonna shell out the pre-order bucks, I'll tell you that. Will give me an excuse to support a brick and mortar book or since I'm going to be moving to St. Louis this summer, they might have some vinyl stores over there.
    Its going to be available in stores? Online????
    Not just the talkshop live thing???
    But if it takes eight months to make?? Im guessing they wont be in stores
    before November, because he would want the first people to order them to
    get them first?????

Initial thoughts.

What do people think????
    Three versions. Limited, Analog, and Remix/Remaster.

All versions will have a special number assigned to it.

Unclear about each version having the CD's. I think that's what he said later on.

Triple Live, No Fences, The Chase, In Pieces, and the fourth one might be Fresh Horses because Garth mentioned the song "The Fever."

Shipped in November (8 months) to your door, USA only, if you want to reserve a special number.

Different prices for each version, Analog $50, Remix/Remaster $75, Limited $100 and only the limited version are going to have bonus tracks on it.

Will be sold to retail-those will be numbered as well. One time shot to get vinyl from Garth "because it's not going to last long."

Tuesday, February 26th, go to talk shop live and you can get all 3 versions for only $100. Plus you are trying to get that special six digit number. www.garthbrooks.com/vinyl

Sooo...we're not getting his entire catalog on vinyl. A bit upset about that.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by LostSessions View Post
    Three versions. Limited, Analog, and Remix/Remaster.

All versions will have a special number assigned to it.

Unclear about each version having the CD's. I think that's what he said later on.

Triple Live, No Fences, The Chase, In Pieces, and the fourth one might be Fresh Horses because Garth mentioned the song "The Fever."

Shipped in November (8 months) to your door, USA only, if you want to reserve a special number.

Different prices for each version, Analog $50, Remix/Remaster $75, Limited $100 and only the limited version are going to have bonus tracks on it.

Will be sold to retail-those will be numbered as well. One time shot to get vinyl from Garth "because it's not going to last long."

Tuesday, February 26th, go to talk shop live and you can get all 3 versions for only $100. Plus you are trying to get that special six digit number. www.garthbrooks.com/vinyl

Sooo...we're not getting his entire catalog on vinyl. A bit upset about that.
    I took it as, there are no versions for overseas, with or without numbers, its USA only??

So let me try to understand. 3 versions of package that are numbered. Then 3 versions with no numbers. And then a concert version of the 3 versions? Plus how are they packaged. I saw albums but didn't catch the CD part. Plus you buy tomorrow but don't get until November. But those at concert can get theirs at concert. When will retail get theirs? Will there be an only CD version that comes without vinyl? I like that we can order now but not charged till September,give or take. So many questions. Plus 5 albums with two special albums and CDs. How many total units for those of us interested. With 100,00 numbered to start times how many albums and CDs, then retail copies times unlimited numbers, and concert copies times unlimited. I have so many more questions.

I took it as, there are no versions for overseas, with or without numbers, its USA only??
    Yep. Garth told anyone outside the USA to get with their buddies here because this is not going to be available overseas.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

+ Reply to Thread