+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth in Minneapolis

Hybrid View

Garth in Minneapolis

I wasn't going to go, because the stadium has a horrible reputation for sound and it's just so massive, but I tried for tickets anyway because it is probably my only chance to see him on this 'tour'. I ended up with floor seating, but I have no idea where the seats actually are. Tweets from Garth's crew said it will be 'in the round', but the seating charts all showed the stage at one end (the wrong end for my tickets), so who knows. I've been to plenty of Garth shows, but nothing this big . . . if nothing else it should be interesting.

See you there! We're 'SECTION C' Row 11, I believe.

I'm intrigued to see what he has coming since the governor called and inquired about adding a second show.

When I heard the number of people still waiting to get tickets was greater than the number of people who did. I was blown away!!! I have some ideas Minneapolis! Thank YOU for loving the music!! Stay tuned, we have something in store for you!!! love, g #GARTHinMINNEAPOLIS

There we go!
    Second show added - May 3rd, 2019.
    Tix on sale December 20th, 10 AM CST

Whoo!

Quote Originally Posted by swoooosh View Post
    I wasn't going to go, because the stadium has a horrible reputation for sound and it's just so massive, but I tried for tickets anyway because it is probably my only chance to see him on this 'tour'. I ended up with floor seating, but I have no idea where the seats actually are. Tweets from Garth's crew said it will be 'in the round', but the seating charts all showed the stage at one end (the wrong end for my tickets), so who knows. I've been to plenty of Garth shows, but nothing this big . . . if nothing else it should be interesting.
    I'm kind of in the same boat. We have Section H, Row 2 here in St. Louis and am waiting to see if that is the official seating chart posted on Ticketmaster, Stubhub, etc. I'll be a little disappointed if he sets up end stage in a stadium.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Here's my question, and no it's not really a complaint, just a query. Garth is all about trying to reach the fans in a concert, and that much is shown again and again.. STill

this is advertised as a tour where each stop is an 'event'.. a 'happening'.. 'gameday' if you will. There aren't as many shows, yada yada yada..

NOW...

With Garth now agreeing to do another show in Minnesota.... A precedent is set.. you now have the impetus for having multiple shows in multiple cities... If, say, Denver (my home) has phenomenal sales when/if they get a show, get Garth doesn't have a second show added.. You then have a 'what makes Minnesota more important and worth another show?"

IN short- Garth has now set in motion (be it by accident or on purpose) the means to abandon the 'special event' model and just have a 'multiple shows' stadium tour.

Interesting, but it almost seems (at least before hearing all explanations ) to devalue his own earlier comments about 'gameday' and 'events' and 'unique' etc....
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Here's my question, and no it's not really a complaint, just a query. Garth is all about trying to reach the fans in a concert, and that much is shown again and again.. STill

this is advertised as a tour where each stop is an 'event'.. a 'happening'.. 'gameday' if you will. There aren't as many shows, yada yada yada..

NOW...

With Garth now agreeing to do another show in Minnesota.... A precedent is set.. you now have the impetus for having multiple shows in multiple cities... If, say, Denver (my home) has phenomenal sales when/if they get a show, get Garth doesn't have a second show added.. You then have a 'what makes Minnesota more important and worth another show?"

IN short- Garth has now set in motion (be it by accident or on purpose) the means to abandon the 'special event' model and just have a 'multiple shows' stadium tour.

Interesting, but it almost seems (at least before hearing all explanations ) to devalue his own earlier comments about 'gameday' and 'events' and 'unique' etc....
    I agree 100% with this.

I think that Garth added a show because the governor of Minnesota reached out to him . Itís kind of an honor when something like that happens .

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post

NOW...

In the land, of the midnight sun!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I think that Garth added a show because the governor of Minnesota reached out to him . It’s kind of an honor when something like that happens .
    I agree, it is an honor, and I am not saying that he shouldn't have done it.. It sets a potentially interesting/damaging/dangeous precedent is all, that COULD (not will but COULD) derail the 'event' or 'gameday' or 'special' / 'unique' portion of each stop...

in the end- its' another chance at tickets... but what's to stop other cities now from reaching out in same/similiar manners? where does Garth draw a line- where does he say no? does he say no? It COULD be now, "why doesnt (insert city name here) get another show? Minnesota did"
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Anyone have an updated seating chart? I see Q and R available but not on the map

Anybody noticed Trisha's comment and video she put up? She tells him, Honey please don't take this video down ��❤️. I think that's awesome! Lol

+ Reply to Thread