+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stronger debuts at #56

Stronger debuts at #56

BROOKS ROLLS Garth Brooks notches his 89th Country Airplay appearance, a total that includes 19 leaders among 35 top 10s, as "Stronger Than Me", a tribute to wife Trisha Yearwood, debuts at No. 56 (1.2 million impressions).

Brooks ties Kenny Chesney for the second-most career Country Airplay appearances, dating to the chart's January 1990 launch. George Strait leads with 98 entries. Rounding out the top five most frequent visitors: Tim McGraw (83) and Alan Jackson (82).

Brooks premiered "Stronger" with a performance on the 52nd Annual Country Music Association Awards, broadcast Nov. 14 on ABC.

"Stronger" follows "All Day Long," which hit No. 11 on Country Airplay in September, and "Ask Me How I Know," which, in December 2017, became Brooks' first No. 1 on the survey since 2007. After a five-year break from the chart, he has posted nine entries since December 2013.

Garth's latest single moves up 2 spots to #54. Not great but moving up.

Song is not going to do well at radio. Production is boring. Should have released live version with some touch-ups. Much more compelling.

I don't like the song. I wish he would have promoted All Day Long better. Oh well, I shouldn't complain. I don't listen to country radio often. Very boring.

Hmmm,well
    The stations here are playing the crap out of it. I think it will do well.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Garth's latest drops from #48 to #50 this week on the Country chart.

They actually played this on my local top 40 country station as I came into work today. I was floored, since I assumed it was sorta dead on arrival weeks ago.

The Billboard Country Songs chart has Stronger at #40 for the second consecutive week. This has been its highest peak on the chart so far.

This thing was DOA at radio. They need to put out a new single ASAP.

Stronger moved up 1 notch this week to #39. Going very slow.

It’s a dud that will not crack the top 20. It’s too sappy and just not going to do well. He should have released weekend or whiskey to wine

Those are off an old album though...

What should have been done is leaving “All Day Long” as the lone single for awhile longer. I know that would have defeated Garth’s master plan with “Stronger Than Me” and the CMA appearance, and him probably not playing it live until the stadium tours start, if he even plays it live at all.
    All in all, Garth doesn’t care how good Stronger does on the charts because he gets everything. He got to sing this song live to his wife, he received all the verbal accolades for doing this, then a few days later the studio version hits radio. This is the one song g doesn’t care about how it charts.
    And “Weekend” was not a good choice as a single for Gunslinger. Garth said himself “Whiskey to Wine” would never be a single. I would have loved to have heard if another single needed to be released would have been “Honky Tonk Somewhere” or “He Really Loves You.”
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by LostSessions View Post
    What should have been done is leaving “All Day Long” as the lone single for awhile longer. I know that would have defeated Garth’s master plan with “Stronger Than Me” and the CMA appearance, and him probably not playing it live until the stadium tours start, if he even plays it live at all.
    All in all, Garth doesn’t care how good Stronger does on the charts because he gets everything. He got to sing this song live to his wife, he received all the verbal accolades for doing this, then a few days later the studio version hits radio. This is the one song g doesn’t care about how it charts.
    And “Weekend” was not a good choice as a single for Gunslinger. Garth said himself “Whiskey to Wine” would never be a single. I would have loved to have heard if another single needed to be released would have been “Honky Tonk Somewhere” or “He Really Loves You.”
    I really like honky tonk somewhere and would love to see it as a single but do you think it’s too country for country?
    It just seems to me Garth has given up on singles. MAM and Gunslinger has some songs that could have done well. If they flop they flop but he does not seem to even try.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Those are off an old album though...
    Very true, but both would have been a better choice of a song to have as a release... Whiskey to Wine, while a somewhat forced TY duet, had a great sound and could have been a nice single... IMO
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I really like honky tonk somewhere and would love to see it as a single but do you think it’s too country for country?
    It just seems to me Garth has given up on singles. MAM and Gunslinger has some songs that could have done well. If they flop they flop but he does not seem to even try.
    I think Honky-Tonk Somewhere is so catchy that it wouldn't have mattered. It's lighthearted, it's classic Garth, it doesn't sound like he was trying too hard to be "relevant", and I think it would have done really well at radio. But alas...

As for Garth giving up on singles, I don't think that's true at all. I mean, when BLLDAD was released, he rented out Texas Freakin' Stadium and flew every major program director from around the country down there to help him launch it. The song was just okay, but Garth's effort could hardly be seen as giving up. And with AMHIK, that song took for-e-ver to get to #1, but Garth stuck with it, and I'm sure his behind-the-scenes efforts were intense and exhaustive to help it get to the top. So no, I don't think Garth has given up at all. I wish he would pick better songs as singles in the post-retirement age. But that's Garth for ya --- always doin' it his way.

Stronger stayed at #39 this week.

Stronger moved up a notch to #38.

After 9 weeks, Stronger stays at #38. Seems stuck here.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I can't say Im' surprised at this... I mean, it's a good song, but it's not really a smash radio friendly hit IMO. . it's GOOD, but could have been better
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I can't say Im' surprised at this... I mean, it's a good song, but it's not really a smash radio friendly hit IMO. . it's GOOD, but could have been better
    If country music had been the same way as it was in the 90's, I guarantee you that this thing would've at least hit the Top 20 by spring. But seeing how it isn't the 90's anymore, the chart performance this song is going through basically symbolizes my low trust in radio now a days.

Stronger is losing steam. Dropped to #40 this week.

Well stronger got a second wind. It moved up 2 notches to #38.

Stronger dropped 5 notches to#43 from #38.

Stronger drops again. It is now #47 this week after dropping to #43 last week. Garth needs a new single.

Garth has hung on the Top 50 Country songs chart for another week. Stronger stays at #47.

+ Reply to Thread