+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Breaking News: Studio G on sunday. PLus Garth's NEW Project

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Whitley was incredible. He put out better stuff then every artist today. He had demons that got the best of him but the guy was gold. I still listen to him today and that voice was amazing. He should be in

I just think Garth gets overlooked for what he did. There was a 6-8 year stretch when it was garth and the rest of country music. Eric church attacks him and no outrage against Eric church. What would have happened if he had attacked king George? He probably would have been ran out of Nashville.
    Agreed, Whitley was incredible and put out some amazing music. I think the debate on his candidacy is all about length. Not to sound crude, but I don't think dying in your prime just puts you in the Hall of Fame like some think. I think it makes it hard because we all want to project what he might have done. We just don't know. It's hard to judge and I think a great case can be made either way. I'm a big believer you have to make that determination on what was actually done not what could have been. I definitely am not going to squabble with someone who thinks he is a Hall of Famer and I would probably not vote for him if I had a vote. It's an interesting case.

I don't think the whole Eric Church thing has anything to do with Garth getting the respect he deserves. Maybe that's just me. I got butchered for this back when it happened, but I totally disagree with Garth lip-syncing and I think that is part of the reason Garth did the totally live acoustic performance this year. It was almost like he intentionally stripped it down so every KNEW he was really singing.

Although I think it was pretty arrogant of Church to say he deserved Entertainer of the Year, there were a lot of people who thought he had a very strong case to win the award in 2017. Garth was HANDS DOWN the Entertainer of the Year in 2016, but I do think 2017 was debatable. Just because someone doesn't think Garth deserved the award doesn't mean they are "disrespecting" Garth. Just like I'm not "disrespecting" Keith Whitley when I question whether he is a Hall of Famer. You can have respect for someone and think they don't deserve an award or accolade. Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

I just think people get too worked up over different opinions. I think it is very fair minded to disagree with lip-syncing and questioning whether Garth deserved an award. That isn't bashing or disrespecting. Of course, that's just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.

I think Church's comments were petty and precious.

Garth's been in the business for 30 years, and lip synced once award show because he lost his voice, after doing eight concerts, and Church
    feels the need to complain?

What type of person does that?

I stand by what I said before. That whole Rolling Stone interview was blown out of proportion.
    Last edited by rhd13; 12-10-2018 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I stand by what I said before. That whole Rolling Stone interview was blown out of proportion.
    I read the article and was offended by his crying and sore losing attitude. It’s not blown out of proportion if I felt like that. I use to like him but after that I was done with him, not because he attacked Garth as much as he is a poor loser. If you wanna buy his crap great never said you must feel like me. To cry about him lip syncing and not deserving EOTY when the entire reason he was lip syncing is because he was doing a **** ton of shows is crazy

I read the article and was offended by his crying and sore losing attitude. Itís not blown out of proportion if I felt like that. I use to like him but after that I was done with him, not because he attacked Garth as much as he is a poor loser. If you wanna buy his crap great never said you must feel like me. To cry about him lip syncing and not deserving EOTY when the entire reason he was lip syncing is because he was doing a **** ton of shows is crazy
    That's the beautiful thing about life we can disagree. I respect your opinion although I might disagree.

The last time this whole thing was brought up it really pissed me off because there were several people that were rude and mean to me and acted as if I couldn't be a Garth fan and an Eric Church fan. To me that is the most asinine thing I've ever heard. It's like in the 70s where you could like Led Zeppelin OR KISS, but you couldn't like both. I'm an enormous fan of both artists and to basically be told to leave because I like an artist who criticized Garth one time in an interview really felt like something an elementary school child might say.

I get if I was "trolling" it would be different, but I'm not. I've seen Garth 54 times and met him half a dozen times. I've been a diehard fan since 1991 when I was 13 years old. I guess I just expect people to act like grown ups as opposed to acting like children. Debating/discussing is something adults can do. I forget sometimes that if you don't bow before Garth's throne in here some people get really upset.

Moderating cap just went on

I am watching this Let's all stay cool

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Moderating cap just went on

I am watching this Let's all stay cool
    Cool as a cucumber. 😀

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Cool as a cucumber. 😀
    that's true, you don't want to get yourself in a "pickle"..

ok, had to continue the cucumber humor
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I probably should have been a little softer with my words and for that I apologize.

I just feel like sometimes if you don't "tow the line" and have the "right" opinion that it isn't welcome or you are somehow less of a Garth fan. I just don't believe that. I get aggravated BECAUSE I care and BECAUSE I'm a huge fan. I just don't want to be disrespected or "shouted down" because I don't always have the opinion that paints Garth in the best light.

That's all. Carry on.

I just feel like sometimes if you don't "tow the line" and have the "right" opinion that it isn't welcome or you are somehow less of a Garth fan. I just don't believe that.
    I will say, that in the past (not so much now) I would get a bit miffed for similar reasons. I had my 'rose colored glasses' as I call them broken around the retirement- that's one reason I used the tern 'debacle' at the time- it wasn't a popular opinion at all, and I caught a lot of flak for it- because I didn't 'toe the line' of fandom. I myself get annoyed with the notion of 'true fans' vs 'not true fans'.. you don't have to agree that everything Garth does is gold, in order to be a fan.. Thats 'Blind sheep' (or those still wearing rose colored glasses.. Garth is human, he does make mistakes. Myself? I've mellowed some.. still have my opinions, I just don't care as much if people share them or not.. (man, spud have I mellowed or what?)

I get aggravated BECAUSE I care and BECAUSE I'm a huge fan. I just don't want to be disrespected or "shouted down" because I don't always have the opinion that paints Garth in the best light.
    That's all. Carry on.
    . One thing I appreciate about you Ryan, is your willingness to be open and honest about your fandom.

one reason I say "an objective Garth fan, with my own views" is the same reason- I don't always have the opinion that puts him in the best light but I am a HUGE garth fan... INTENSE Garth fan... lol ask anyone who knows me

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    (man, spud have I mellowed or what?)
    Fo Sho, brotha Scott

I probably should have been a little softer with my words and for that I apologize.

I just feel like sometimes if you don't "tow the line" and have the "right" opinion that it isn't welcome or you are somehow less of a Garth fan. I just don't believe that. I get aggravated BECAUSE I care and BECAUSE I'm a huge fan. I just don't want to be disrespected or "shouted down" because I don't always have the opinion that paints Garth in the best light.

That's all. Carry on.

I am not mad or offended by anything you said. I respect your right to your opinion and does not look like we are going to agree on this one. If you have read some of my other post on this site you will see I have no problem calling Garth out or saying he irritates me with certain things. I think I may be one of the people who calls him out the most or does not agree with most of the things he does (still a fan cause in 1990 he looked into a 14 year olds eyes at a concert and I was hooked) In this one I think Eric Church is a huge douche and nothing to do with rose colored glasses. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

I am not mad or offended by anything you said. I respect your right to your opinion and does not look like we are going to agree on this one. If you have read some of my other post on this site you will see I have no problem calling Garth out or saying he irritates me with certain things. I think I may be one of the people who calls him out the most or does not agree with most of the things he does (still a fan cause in 1990 he looked into a 14 year olds eyes at a concert and I was hooked) In this one I think Eric Church is a huge douche and nothing to do with rose colored glasses. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Just to be clear that wasnít aimed at you, or really anybody in particular. I think itís just a frustration that I have and it pops up every now and then. Maybe I need therapy. Ha!

I actually know that you speak your mind and a lot of times we agree.

I will say that even though I like Churchís music I do think he shoots himself in the foot with his attitude sometimes.

By the way, Merry Christmas to you as well.

Whitley was incredible. He put out better stuff then every artist today. He had demons that got the best of him but the guy was gold. I still listen to him today and that voice was amazing. He should be in

I just think Garth gets overlooked for what he did. There was a 6-8 year stretch when it was garth and the rest of country music. Eric church attacks him and no outrage against Eric church. What would have happened if he had attacked king George? He probably would have been ran out of Nashville.
    Those 6-8 yrs he basically ruled the music industry but one of the reasons why there were no backlash against Church and Lambert is simply because Nashville doesn't view him in the same light they did all those years ago. They aren't scared of him anymore.
    Last edited by wimpy77; 12-10-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Fo Sho, brotha Scott
    hehe

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread