+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Studio G on sunday. PLus Garth's NEW Project

Breaking News: Studio G on sunday. PLus Garth's NEW Project

Garth Brooks
    ‏Verified account @garthbrooks

A LOT coming up!!! Mark YOUR calendars!!

1) Sunday 7:30pm ET #StudioG / 8pmET #GARTHatND on @CBS

2) 12/10 Anthology Part 3 LIVE signing (randomly selected orders will be signed by Garth) here https://bit.ly/2zf7yHL

3) A NEW PROJECT!!! - Team Garth

Well... there goes another 25 bucks! Its like playing the lotto.

So any guesses on what the new project will be?

Had read the tweet, just watched the video.

December 2019 for the new project!!!!

Im guessing he wont announce it until December 2019.

But since hes talked about it, am I wrong on this, could we hear what it is, long before that.

Front runners for December 2019 project.

1: Duet album with Trisha.
    2: Chris Gaines
    3: Team Mates for Kids
    4 Overseas shows, hehe.

I think people would lose their minds if it were Chris Gaines but I still wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
    Last edited by wimpy77; 12-01-2018 at 11:46 PM.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Chris Gaines????
    G## I hope not- Please, let this ill conceived project die finally. some good music but please, it's not gonna happen- or it shouldn't. it was a mistake in the first place
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Saying it was 20 years in the making makes me think it might be The Diamond Series. Something that is more career retrospective. Or maybe its the DVD documentary part of Anthology.

Who knows? Someone wrote an article in some publication giving the Chris Gaines project credit for Lady Gagas Star is Born. I am getting tired of the long period between hype's. I'd like to see a surprise release of something one day.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Saying it was 20 years in the making makes me think it might be The Diamond Series. Something that is more career retrospective. Or maybe its the DVD documentary part of Anthology.
    Completely agree. There is no way the Chris Gaines thing is ever coming back. Even though he hypes up everything, I also don’t think he’d call anything with Chris Gaines “the coolest project on the planet.”

At one point, he kinda hinted at something almost like a Garth museum kind of thing. Could be another idea? I don’t know...but it’s not Chris Gaines! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I don't know much of anything in this world but I would bet a lot of $ if I had it that it'd be more likely to be the diamond series rather than a CG resurrection.. I see the diamond series more than the DVD anthology part.. (could be just me though...)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Who knows? Someone wrote an article in some publication giving the Chris Gaines project credit for Lady Gagas Star is Born. I am getting tired of the long period between hype's. I'd like to see a surprise release of something one day.
    ok- a few things... "someone wrote an article in some publication".... . way vague.. I know (I think) the article that you're talking about though- I THINK it may have been the rolling stone

would love to see a surprise release too (I still remember even though it was prob. planned, how 'the hits' release caught me by surprise when I was in college. I wasn't expecting it, and was at the mall with my (now wife) and BAM- there was the display... equalling BAM- there was a purchase

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    Even though he hypes up everything, I also don’t think he’d call anything with Chris Gaines “the coolest project on the planet.”
    not if he's a smart man he wouldn't. That's a part of his 'career' that while maybe was well intentioned, and had some good music along with it, should be left in the past to stay in the past

At one point, he kinda hinted at something almost like a Garth museum kind of thing. Could be another idea? I don’t know...but it’s not Chris Gaines! :-D
    I don't know if he'd go a physical museum place (ala say a Graceland the way that's morphed into a museum/attraction) but I could see easily a 'museum' component to the stadium experience.. kind of the same way you had TY's tailgate at ND, or the way that you have things like WWE Access in the city chosen for wrestle mania or MLB activities in the all star city.. I'd say it would be mobile (probably) if it's a museum but heck - having one place to go? I'd do that too

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    not if he's a smart man he wouldn't. That's a part of his 'career' that while maybe was well intentioned, and had some good music along with it, should be left in the past to stay in the past.
    And I think if he were to attempt at making a movie again, he should just go with something new or make another adaptation of one of his songs. Because let's face it, I'm sure many of you guys have dealt with what I'm talking about, you talk about Garth outside of the website and there's always that ONE PERSON who thinks they're trying to be a comedian and bring up the Chris Gaines thing and I always end up giving those individuals a disapproving look because they are not being funny, they're just being outright A** Ho***s.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    And I think if he were to attempt at making a movie again, he should just go with something new or make another adaptation of one of his songs..
    . IF garth's going to go through the movie route again, I think he'd be better off def. doing something new. I will admit, I haven't SEEN the adaptation of 'unanswered prayers' but from reading the synopsis, etc. it didn't sound like a very good overall movie..

a new movie would be good- a different type. Honestly though, I'd rather see Garth at least right now focus in on what his STRENGTHS are rather than spread himself too thin..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

. IF garth's going to go through the movie route again, I think he'd be better off def. doing something new. I will admit, I haven't SEEN the adaptation of 'unanswered prayers' but from reading the synopsis, etc. it didn't sound like a very good overall movie..

a new movie would be good- a different type. Honestly though, I'd rather see Garth at least right now focus in on what his STRENGTHS are rather than spread himself too thin..
    For what it had going, it actually wasn't a bad movie, but it was definitely not the type of movie you'd take to theaters. Personally I think if another song were to be made into a movie, I'd personally go with "That Summer" because I think it has the potential of being in a fantasy setting, because how often do you hear of a song that magically turns a 40 year old woman into a 17 or 18 year old again?

On a side note: My copy of Live Anthology just came in today.
    Last edited by ElectricOutcast; 12-02-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    For what it had going, it actually wasn't a bad movie, but it was definitely not the type of movie you'd take to theaters. Personally I think if another song were to be made into a movie, I'd personally go with "That Summer" because I think it has the potential of being in a fantasy setting, because how often do you hear of a song that magically turns a 40 year old woman into a 17 or 18 year old again?

On a side note: My copy of Live Anthology just came in today.
    I don't honestly see a fantasy aspect there at all. That summer (to me ) doesn't have a magical component to it at all.. more of a lady who seduces a young man working at her house/farm/etc... not fantasy at all

For me? hmm. you could have the dance where the main character has to realize that they could have changed things in their past but they'd have ended up changing/missing things then too (I think of the Star Trek TNG episode 'tapestry' for some reason..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Yeah, That Summer, the subject matter would not make for a good movie. Not in this day or age. Teen and older person having sex.
    Maybe That ol wind (chick flick) or I don't have to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Yeah, That Summer, the subject matter would not make for a good movie. Not in this day or age. Teen and older person having sex.
    Maybe That ol wind (chick flick) or I don't have to wonder.
    I can imagine "that summer" as a movie.

Lonely widow woman calls teen boy into her living room.

Next scene.

Chris Hansen walks in..

"Take a seat, go on, no take a seat, I insist, what are you doing here?"

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I can imagine "that summer" as a movie.

Lonely widow woman calls teen boy into her living room.

Next scene.

Chris Hansen walks in..

"Take a seat, go on, no take a seat, I insist, what are you doing here?"
    Haha yes! lol Cuts to commercial, never comes back on air!

Hard to believe next year will mark Garth's 30th year in the business.

agreed!! He def. changed country music for the better, or at least rode the wave at the front of the change... Cant say I'd even like country music if it hadn't been for him and his music....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

agreed!! He def. changed country music for the better, or at least rode the wave at the front of the change... Cant say I'd even like country music if it hadn't been for him and his music....

I don’t think he will ever get the credit he deserves. Except for Hank Williams Jr he was the biggest artist in the history of country music. He brought more fans over then anyone ever. The best part is he always said I am a country artist and did not sellout.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I don’t think he will ever get the credit he deserves. Except for Hank Williams Jr he was the biggest artist in the history of country music. He brought more fans over then anyone ever. The best part is he always said I am a country artist and did not sellout.
    I promise I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I just can't agree with the thought that he will never get the credit he deserves.

He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility (which NEVER happens) when he was only 50 years old!!! He went into the Hall BEFORE individuals who were his heroes and influences whose careers far predated his. Acts like Kenny Rogers, Bobby Bare, Ronnie Milsap, The Oak Ridge Boys, Randy Travis, Charlie Daniels and Ricky Skaggs. Those acts were inducted AFTER Garth.

Acts like Hank Jr., Dwight Yoakam, The Judds, Keith Whitely and many other acts haven't even been inducted yet despite having careers that were influences on his and having their hit making days long before him. Alan Jackson is the only one of his peers that has been inducted into the Hall of Fame and he had to wait 5 years longer than Garth.

He has won 13 CMA Awards (including 6 Entertainer of the Years), 23 ACM Awards (including 6 Entertainer of the Years), 2 Grammys, named the RIAA Solo Artist of the Century, and countless other awards from lesser award shows. Rolling Stone recently named him one of the Top 10 country acts of all-time and CMT has named him one of the Top 10 males of all-time in their 2003 countdown and more recently one of the Top 10 acts of all-time in their artist voted list a couple of years ago. If that isn't getting credit I'm not sure what it would be called.

I know there will always be critics who bash on him. My goodness, there are critics who bash on the Beatles (the greatest rock band of all-time), but I just don't think it's true he hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves. He has been lavished with praise by the majority of people and organizations for what he has done.

I would seriously like to ask people what credit has he not gotten?

All of the artists that you named rhd that hasn't been inducted yet should have been except for Keith Whitley.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I think that is something about Garth, that he doesnt get enough credit for, he doesnt take the country out of country.
    There's been quite a few country artists that get radio play here, but its the pop remix of their songs.
    Garth has always kept the country, he wont take out the fiddle or steel guitar just to get a bigger audience or sell more albums, and
    believe me, when a lot of couintry artists tour outside the USA and have their albums sold outside the usa, they do.

Garth didnt.

He kept it country.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    I would seriously like to ask people what credit has he not gotten?

All of the artists that you named rhd that hasn't been inducted yet should have been except for Keith Whitley.
    In total agreement. All of those should be inducted but Whitley. I think his case is actually debatable and I personally would lean towards “No” on him.

I think in Whitley's case, passing away at the age he did adds to his legacy on what might he have accomplished if he were still alive. Alot of people loved his voice and had several huge hits...HOF, yes, it's up for debate.

Whitley was incredible. He put out better stuff then every artist today. He had demons that got the best of him but the guy was gold. I still listen to him today and that voice was amazing. He should be in

I just think Garth gets overlooked for what he did. There was a 6-8 year stretch when it was garth and the rest of country music. Eric church attacks him and no outrage against Eric church. What would have happened if he had attacked king George? He probably would have been ran out of Nashville.

+ Reply to Thread