+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will Garth Try To Top This?

Will Garth Try To Top This?

Taylor Swift closed out her Reputation Stadium Tour in spectacular fashion, breaking the record for the highest-grossing U.S. tour since Billboard Boxscore began tracking touring data in 1990. Domestically, the tour grossed $266.1 million and sold 2,068,399 tickets, besting The Rolling Stones' $245 million gross from their A Bigger Bang Tour in 2005-07. While The Stones achieved their then-record gross across 70 American shows, Swift stole the title in just 38.

Could Garth top this and would he want to? With his lower ticket prices it would be hard. But he is competative. Who knows?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    COULD Garth top it? Yes, I think he could.. would he want to? part of him would, sure- his ego would df. want to be 'on top'..

Don't know if it's feasible though, given his actual caring for hte fans and the ticket prices, and his seeming unwillingness to gouge the ticket buying public.. other acts aren't so 'selfless'
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I dont think Garth is worried about the Gross money earned, maybe ticket sales??

So lets see, Taylor sold 2,068,399 in the USA.

Garth said he will be doing 10-12 shows each year for three years, so lets say he does 12 shows per year. So thats 36 shows.

If the average stadium takes around 80K for concerts.

80K times 36 is.. 2,880,000.

He beats her record by far.

And hers took 38 shows. Hmmm will be interesting to see.

Yeah I don't think he cares about the gross amount earned. Heck, one ticket to the Amazon guy for a billion dollars and you've got an unreasonable record that means nothing. It's all about tickets sold!

Same as movies, take in effect for inflation!

+ Reply to Thread