Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame TV Special

Notre Dame TV Special

Looking forward to it, thanks to the internet, Im sure there will be
    places to view it.

Im just wondering, with Garth being a numbers guy, what sort of tv ratings
    will he be expecting/hoping for.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    ratings ? hmm- good question. I doubt it's gonna be very highly rated.. depending on what it goes up against..

It'll def. be available.. somehow somewhere.. I'm just interested to see how it's cut/put together and how it differs from my actual experience of being there
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    ratings ? hmm- good question. I doubt it's gonna be very highly rated.. depending on what it goes up against..

It'll def. be available.. somehow somewhere.. I'm just interested to see how it's cut/put together and how it differs from my actual experience of being there
    Yes, it must be a strange experience to watch it on tv after you actually went!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Yes, it must be a strange experience to watch it on tv after you actually went!!!
    I'm thinking it definitely will be!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I am thinking around a 10 rating would be good. Anything higher would be great.JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I am thinking around a 10 rating would be good. Anything higher would be great.JMHO
    TV doesn’t work in the 10’s any longer. The highest rated broadcast last week was a 6.6 and that was football. 60 minutes was the highest non-football show at a 2.0 and it gets that bump because it follows NFL games. Anything over a 1 is good nowadays. For instance, the CMA’s only got a 2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    TV doesn’t work in the 10’s any longer. The highest rated broadcast last week was a 6.6 and that was football. 60 minutes was the highest non-football show at a 2.0 and it gets that bump because it follows NFL games. Anything over a 1 is good nowadays. For instance, the CMA’s only got a 2.1.
    good points- w/ the way tv's consuned these days etc.. a 10 rating is very unlikely. I'd say (if I had to guess) you'd be lucky to get between a 1 and a 2

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Garth will have excellent ratings for this concert at Notre' Dame ! And that concert really rocked ! All of my Bob Seger friends are sending me messages saying Bob sang Night Moves ! He did an excellent job on that song. And the whole concert. Excellent !

Was able to watch it but couldn't record it. Night Moves, Let It Be... It was awesome.

It really was great. Very well done.

I have to sit and watch it when I can be engrossed in it all, and relive the moment and memory(ies) of being there.... it was a fantastic concert at the time- so far (I'm up to the first break).. the only thing I'll say that they can't truly convey was how cold it was and how windy/wet everyone was...

lol I've seen myself (well, from a distance, at least WHERE i was) a few times hehe

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I have to sit and watch it when I can be engrossed in it all, and relive the moment and memory(ies) of being there.... it was a fantastic concert at the time- so far (I'm up to the first break).. the only thing I'll say that they can't truly convey was how cold it was and how windy/wet everyone was...

lol I've seen myself (well, from a distance, at least WHERE i was) a few times hehe
    I tried to reply to your message but it says you have reached your limit and need to delete some messages before you can get anymore
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    I tried to reply to your message but it says you have reached your limit and need to delete some messages before you can get anymore
    will do! (delete the Pms as needed that is)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

They did an incredible job on it! Looked and sounded beautiful.

‘Live Again’ stood out to me. Took me back to the Chris Gaines falsetto. Would love to get a Garth studio version of that song.

Anyone know where this can be watched outside US or downloaded? Was at work today so couldnt stream it

Quote Originally Posted by parlevoo View Post
    Anyone know where this can be watched outside US or downloaded? Was at work today so couldnt stream it
    Would interest me too.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Not sure where you can watch it outside the US.. can you guys use cbs all access ? Itís the cbs streaming site ! I watched the entire thing there this morning.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Initial reports say a 1.3 rating and nearly 9 million viewers. Terrific!

Garth! Live at Notre Dame (CBS) (8-10 p.m.) – S 1.3/5 8.85. yep.. 1.3 rating.... 8.85 milliion viewers.. if memory serves (I've closed the page already) it was the highest non football show in terms of VIEWERS last night.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I have CBS All Access, will this be made available to watch? I missed the live showing :/

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    I have CBS All Access, will this be made available to watch? I missed the live showing :/
    Yeah itís on All Access ! You can watch it on demand All DAY LONG ( couldnít resist haha )
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Yeah it’s on All Access ! You can watch it on demand All DAY LONG ( couldn’t resist haha )
    nice!! If it's on ALL ACCESS it's going to eventually be in 'other locations' too I'd wager

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Yeah itís on All Access ! You can watch it on demand All DAY LONG ( couldnít resist haha )
    Awesome, thanks ! I know what I'll be watching tonight after work!

I get the "Not available in your country" message on the all access site.

Ive put up a request on some fourms I go to, to see if anyone would upload it, if someone does I will post a link here.

They did an incredible job on it! Looked and sounded beautiful.

ĎLive Againí stood out to me. Took me back to the Chris Gaines falsetto. Would love to get a Garth studio version of that song.
    Is this Garthís song?

Quote Originally Posted by Inman View Post
    Is this Garth’s song?
    It’s a song by a little known Nashville based singer named Gabe Dixon.

yeah- it's not a garth song per se... honestly? I need to hear it on the special but while there LIVE, it was prob. the weakest of the music 101 songs.. IMO (at least from first hearing at the concert.. like I said, I gotta see it on the special)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Itís a song by a little known Nashville based singer named Gabe Dixon.
    The medley was my favorite part of the show, I loved Live Again!

And funny thing that itís a Gabe Dixon tune, he played with Paul McCartney at the concert for NY back in 2001 and played on his record Driving Rain from the same year. Gabe turned down touring with Paul to pursue his solo career, not an easy decision to make Iím sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    The medley was my favorite part of the show, I loved Live Again!

And funny thing that itís a Gabe Dixon tune, he played with Paul McCartney at the concert for NY back in 2001 and played on his record Driving Rain from the same year. Gabe turned down touring with Paul to pursue his solo career, not an easy decision to make Iím sure.
    I totally agree. Medley was my favorite part of the show. Next was full band version of Night Moves.

Loved the concert itself and I realize commercials pay the bills but the ridiculous number of commercials every 2-3 songs just killed the momentum of the concert for me.

Still a great show. Just feel like maybe it could have been structured a little better somehow.

+ Reply to Thread