+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Magic of Christmas, Beyond The Season and The Lost Sessions 2016 digital releases

The Magic of Christmas, Beyond The Season and The Lost Sessions 2016 digital releases

I have the original cds of all of these but since itís Christmas time, decided it was time to pick these 3 up. Did anyone ever decide if they were remastered at all since the last date on the listings are 2016? Usually on Garth releases, the dates represent an update. Just wondering before I purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by pudge104 View Post
    I have the original cds of all of these but since it’s Christmas time, decided it was time to pick these 3 up. Did anyone ever decide if they were remastered at all since the last date on the listings are 2016? Usually on Garth releases, the dates represent an update. Just wondering before I purchase.
    I asked this same question when these first came out, but I never got a definitive answer. So I'm very curious about it too. One way to check would be to buy one of them, and use Audacity (or similar program) to compare the waveforms of a few songs the same songs on the CDs to see if there is a difference.

I'm betting that they have been remastered based on exactly what you pointed out, that they have new 2016 copyright dates.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    lost sessions- eh it is what it is-

Byond the season- love that Christmas album

Magic of christmas.. other than a few songs- it's a tired, big band/swing laden album that doesn't get played much 'round here... garth's 2nd weakest of the three christmas albums he has... (IMO)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    lost sessions- eh it is what it is-

Byond the season- love that Christmas album

Magic of christmas.. other than a few songs- it's a tired, big band/swing laden album that doesn't get played much 'round here... garth's 2nd weakest of the three christmas albums he has... (IMO)
    I still love them!! Especially Lost Sessions. I don't know what it is, but I really love that album.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I still love them!! Especially Lost Sessions. I don't know what it is, but I really love that album.
    Oh don't get me wrong. I like The Lost Sessions (it's got some great songs on it). I LOVE Beyond The Season...

The Magic of Christmas is just Meh... a few good songs.. but Meh overall...

Christmas together? a FEW decent songs... but TY is too 'forced' on us IMO
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I LOVE Beyond The Season. But I also like Magic Of Christmas because it's different, it's the one holiday album you put in when having a get together or putting the tree up! Christmas Together is good, I like how it wasn't every song turned into a duet, they had separate songs ( yes, maybe background vocals but not duets)!

I'll take the Lost Sessions over Gunslinger, Fresh Horses and Sevens

I love big band arrangements of The Magic of Christmas

Back to the OP's original question about whether the 2016 Amazon digital versions of these three albums have been remastered or not, if someone has purchased any or all of them wants to send me 1-2 songs from each, I will compare the waveforms and other data with the original CD versions to see what, if any, differences there are. If the waveforms look the same, have the same basic peak levels, have the same DR ratings, etc. as the CD versions, then it's likely that they were not remastered. But if that data and other info ends being different, then we will be able to conclude that some remastering or remixing took place for the 2016 versions.

+ Reply to Thread