+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2018 Garth Brooks the year in review and 2019 Preview

2018 Garth Brooks the year in review and 2019 Preview

Now that the Live Anthology has been released and there are no more concerts or
    concert announcements left for 2018, here is my year in review for Garth.

Flash back to November 2017, and we were receiving emails that said "The end of the North American leg of the world Tour is coming"

Then in December 2017 his plans changed, he was going to take a year off, maybe do some festivals somewhere,
    because it's a way to do shows overseas without the cost.

Billboard magazine then got every Garth fan excited, Garth said in 2018 he's about to so something big, something
    so cool, something game changing, thats never been done before and it will be the biggest thing he has
    ever been involved with.

We also in December of 2017 had so much Music to look forward too in 2018...

The Live Album
    The New Studio Album
    The DVD of the first anthology
    The Live Anthology
    Perhaps the much hinted about Diamond series.

So what did 2018 bring???

An amazing Notre Dame concert, where in cold wintry conditions Garth knocked it out
    of the park and showed he is still the number one entertainer in the world.

A equally amazing fan mix of Triple Live, where Garth showed us that yes he can make a true Live
    Album.

A Live Anthology that although heavily focused of previously released material, CDs/Pics/Stories
    it was presented in such a perfectly beautiful manner that its a must have for every Garth fan.

A performance at CMA Fest.

A Performance at FFA

A performance at the Ryman.

A Performance at Iheart radio.

And on December Dec 2nd we can see a TV special of His Notre Dame concert.

The negative part of 2018 was expectations versus delivery, we didn't get all that was hinted
    and promise, what could've been in the Anthology wasn't, the long time fans were left with a
    lovely gift, but nothing that blew our minds.

Studio G turned repetitive, although we do know that Garth loves Trish's cooking.

At the start of the year, it wasnt too much to hope that a new studio album will be released.

So overall for me, thanks to Triple Live, and the clips on Youtube of Notre Dame, a successful year, the Anthology
    will be nice to have, in the back of my head I may be thinking, what might of been. Still I cant
    wait for xmas day, thanks to my lovely elderly mother who wants to buy it for me for xmas.

So I look forward to 2019.

What to expect and not to expect.

There will be various concert announcements for 2019 for his USA stadium tour.

There will be no DVD of the first Anthology.

There will be announcements of announcements that I will pay ZERO ATTENTION to you, until the
    actual announcement is made.

The diamond series will be released in april 2019, and it will be just that his diamond albums.

House cleaning songs will appear on Triple Live when its released in November 2019.

The new studio album will be released in June 2019. (it will be brilliant.)

There will be no overseas dates of his tour.

He wont release an anthology next year.

The big thing for me, will be how retro this tour will be??

Ty England is coming back, which will be brilliant, the show itself will determined
    how successful 2019 will be for Garth, if he is true to his word and he does bring
    back a FEW of the stage antics from the early 90's, that would blow me away, here's
    hoping he means it ,that its going to be a retro tour.

All in all, I think 2019 will be a great year for Garth and his fans.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 11-20-2018 at 07:56 PM.

A lot of disappointment in 2018 for me.
    2019 I am really hoping for
    New album
    Diamond series that includes new songs or house keeping
    Triple live that includes new song list with house cleaning

Looking forward to 2019, I fear that some things may get bumped yet again. For example:

-Anthology DVD: Nothing has been said recently about the anthology DVD, so I fear that this will be either abandoned altogether, or he will do a single DVD at the end to cover all 5-6 anthology volumes.

-Anthology Vol II: I assume his plan is to do one of these a year to keep interest high, so although it hasn't been mentioned, I think Vol II is probably on the agenda for 2019. If it does get released, then I expect it in the fall.

-New Album: Latest is that this will come in Spring or Summer. I say, we'll see. Garth loves to release things around Thanksgiving and I fully expect this to get delayed until fall 2019.

-Expanded stand-alone Triple Live: Who knows when this will come? I would hope spring or summer 2019, but it's possible it gets delayed all the way until after the run of the stadium tour. Either way, the CMA version of Stronger Than Me should be included.

-The Diamond Series: We don't really know what this is, but my suspicions is that its expanded 2-disc versions of the pre-retirement studio albums, likely to coincide with the Diamond Certifications of The Chase and/or In Pieces.

So... with all that on the queue, the same thing we said last year still holds true. It's A LOT to release in a single year. You either space it all out over the year (which Garth so far hasn't liked to do in the comeback era), or you release it all together (which would be too much all at once IMO), or you start prioritizing what needs to come out in 2019 and you bump everything else to 2020 and beyond. My bet is that next year we get the new album and maybe the Diamond Series, and everything else gets bumped.

Yeah agree, too much product in a short period of time hurts each individual release.

We know we will have the Studio Album, in spring/summer, so maybe its a good idea to wait till November 2019 for Triple Live,
    have a year off for the Anthology.

The Diamond series is the dark horse, I do think it will be release in April.

I guess 2019 so far we can say is all about the promotion of Legacy/ Vinyl.

The stadium tour has been massively successful, and a few concerts in bars which has also been massively successful. From the clips I have seen, Garth still has it!!!

Im guessing its too early to do a 2020 preview.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Im guessing its too early to do a 2020 preview.
    Well, as there's still just under 4 months left in this year, yeah... kinda early
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

What will make this year for me, would be if a stand alone version of Fun and Triple Live get release, if only one gets release that would be a dissapiontment, if neither gets release, then my review of
    the year could see me banned from life from planet garth.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    What will make this year for me, would be if a stand alone version of Fun and Triple Live get release, if only one gets release that would be a dissapiontment, if neither gets release, then my review of
    the year could see me banned from life from planet garth.
    HaHa!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    HaHa!!
    I will be holding nothing back. Think George Contanza.

Hopefully he will release Fun and Triple Live this year. Then it will be a great review.

+ Reply to Thread