+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Songs in contention for the new album

Songs in contention for the new album

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where he compile the songs that we know are either confirmed or in contention for the new album. Feel free to add any I may have missed:

- "All Day Long" (first single)
    - "The Road I'm On" (Amazon pre-order bonus track)
    - "Party Gras" (mentioned by Garth during an interview on NASH 94.7 back in July, described as "kind of a fun cajun thing")
    - "That's What Cowboys Do" (same as above, described as "early '80s George Strait")
    - "Live Again" (originally in contention for "Gunslinger," performed live at Notre Dame)
    - "The Courage of Love" (written for America's Got Talent's Michael Ketterer, rough demo released on Amazon)
    - "Stronger Than Me" (written for Trisha, performed on CMAs this week)

Any I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by coco1997 View Post
    I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where he compile the songs that we know are either confirmed or in contention for the new album. Feel free to add any I may have missed:

- "Party Gras" (mentioned by Garth during an interview on NASH 94.7 back in July, described as "kind of a fun cajun thing")
    - "That's What Cowboys Do" (same as above, described as "early '80s George Strait")
    - "Live Again" (originally in contention for "Gunslinger," performed live at Notre Dame)
    - "The Courage of Love" (written for America's Got Talent's Michael Ketterer, rough demo released on Amazon)

Any I missed?
    Great idea to start this thread. I personally donít know of any others out there.

Courage of Love has already been taken off the preordered album I paid for unless there’s a glitch I’m not aware of.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

It's still there for me. The pre-order album has been replaced by "Garth Brooks: New Album." Look for that and you might find the missing song.

Quote Originally Posted by G&TTreknTech77 View Post
    It's still there for me. The pre-order album has been replaced by "Garth Brooks: New Album." Look for that and you might find the missing song.
    Thank you! It’s back and downloaded.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

UPDATED post:

- "Dive Bar" (second single)
    - "It's A Hard Way To Make an Easy Living" (mentioned in interview with Country Countdown U.S.A.)

Wow! So we know almost all the tracks. Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Wow! So we know almost all the tracks. Great post!
    Keep in mind a few of these tracks aren't confirmed. Garth mentioned "That's What Cowboys Do" way back in July of last year, so it's quite possible the tracklist has changed since then and it's been dropped from the album. Also, I included "Live Again" because he performed it live at the Notre Dame show and because it was originally recorded for "Gunslinger," but he hasn't mentioned it in any interviews unfortunately.

Also, I'd like to think that after Gunslinger, the next album will have at least 12-14 tracks!

Quote Originally Posted by coco1997 View Post
    Keep in mind a few of these tracks aren't confirmed. Garth mentioned "That's What Cowboys Do" way back in July of last year, so it's quite possible the tracklist has changed since then and it's been dropped from the album. Also, I included "Live Again" because he performed it live at the Notre Dame show and because it was originally recorded for "Gunslinger," but he hasn't mentioned it in any interviews unfortunately.

Also, I'd like to think that after Gunslinger, the next album will have at least 12-14 tracks!
    Sure, I’m aware it could change. I wasn’t aware that many titles had been mentioned though.

If he has already mention around six or so songs, then I think there is going to be more than ten songs on this album. :-)

I guess this is a good place to put this link, but ima ctually putting it not because it talks about artists who release four or five songs from a new album before its even release, but a comment in the comment section
    that says.........

When a album gets release the pre orders count for first week sales.

So what type of numbers could FUN do, if thats correct???

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/w...ead-of-albums/

Great article but I don't pre order. I always get album late. Fool me once...

I miss the days of lining up for a Garth album and being one of the first to get it. Sometimes at midnight, sometimes at 4 am. But I'd be in line with cool Garth fans, talking to them. The crowd would be playing Garth music and then occasionally the local radio station would show up. Now your lucky if your Target or Wally World will have copies available since we don't have a record store in town. And trying to get the first edition is crazy. I have to travel out of town to find a record store and find different covers. When Anthology 1 and 3 came out, I had to go to two stores to get Limited Edition on another for regular edition.

I am wondering if Garth has gained enough tea and sea to make a dent on his sales of FUN. This will really help sales if his Amazon deal is working.

I see Legacy bouncing up and down the Amazon country chart. Is that good or bad? TUH is still on the top five country list. If Amazon has an impact that could be a big help selling Legacy. I know I am going to Target to buy a couple extra boxed sets. One to play and at least one for a Christmas gift. I may buy more but will wait and see. Plus if FUN and Triple Live reach the market place I will have to invest in multiple copies. Then as I have mentioned before, what about first editions, bundles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I guess this is a good place to put this link, but ima ctually putting it not because it talks about artists who release four or five songs from a new album before its even release, but a comment in the comment section
    that says.........

I'm not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" here, but I think the impact of pre-orders will be fairly minimal in this case. My guess is Garth will do under 200,000 in his opening week and probably closer to 100,000. There are a few reasons I say that.

#1 - We are no longer in a huge album selling era. Only very few artists (ie. Taylor Swift and a few other major pop stars) put up those ridiculous numbers anymore. The real number that most people look at, and the number used for the Billboard 200, is the track equivalent number. That is where they add raw album sales with the digital track sales and streaming numbers to try to give an overall "consumption" number. Since Garth doesn't sell individual tracks and only streams via Amazon his numbers here will be minimal. That means almost all of it will come from pure album sales.

#2 - History can be our guide here in a couple of areas. The past few releases have looked like this for first week:
    Man Against Machine - 130,000
    The Ultimate Collection - 134,000
    Gunslinger - 19,000 (as stand alone); 6,600 bundled with Christmas together.
    Obviously the Gunslinger album is a weird one because many bought it in that Ultimate Collection box, but somewhere in the 130,000-160,000 range seems like a very realistic guess even with the preorders.

#3 - I might be convinced it could be higher IF he had had a monster hit off of FUN, but so far the biggest record is "All Day Long" which peaked at #11. "Stronger Than Me" peaked at #42 and "Dive Bar" has gotten up to #16 so far. To spur sales above normal expectations it usually takes a hit that is at least Top 10 and usually Top 5. So while I'd say the 2 biggest hits off FUN are known they aren't moving the needle like crazy.

I'd love to see huge numbers because I'd love more focus on new music, but at the end of the day I think it will be in the 130,000-160,000 range.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    that says.........

Hmm- my last post on this topic- either I didn't hit submit or it was erased- being early in the day I wager I didnt' hit submit!

anyway..

two things:

#1- re: the article- I know this could just be me but I remember 'trigger' as a name back here in the day on PG that caused a lot of issue/problems. I'd be lying if I didn't say that knowing that causes me to take an article like this w/ a grain of salt or a critical eye..

#2- when it comes to the "announced songs"

I have to say take this list with a note of caution..
    - "Dive Bar" (second single)
    Both released certainly.. likely to be on album.. (certain?).
    Also certain to be on album, though I know it was "supposed to be" the opener for the stadium tour and that fell flat quickly- an example of things changing

Have heard this mentioned multiple times song wise (title wise at least) so I'd def. wager its' on the album..

- "It's A Hard Way To Make an Easy Living" (mentioned in interview with Country Countdown U.S.A.)
    Sounds interesting, but their inclusion is based off of one article/interview? I'm not saying it's not gonna happen- it very well could.. but I'd have to read the interview before saying def. gonna be there

don't know about it's connection to gunslinger offhand. Yet, being at the ND show live I can say this much- it sure wasn't presented as a song that was a new garth tune at all. It was presented as the 'opener' if you will, of the Music 101 segment (another segment that seems to have fallen flat a bit)... can't say it's a def. for the album- it's not a great sound for Garth if memory serves.. too high pitched for him..

Would like to see it on album, it's def. Garth-esque in tone.. heck with him writing it/cowriting it def sounds good- however, ya gotta wonder if garth would invite the inevitable controversy or dredging up again of the domestic violence issues of Ketterer should he release it on album

Oh this is def. on album.. wouldn't put it past me to have it be the last track on the album- not nec. The best track but it's a garth love song to TY. It'll be featured

If I'm honest, I kinda do find the releasing a lot of songs before album dropping to be kinda annoying... cheapens the anticipation of release some
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I miss the days of lining up for a Garth album and being one of the first to get it. Sometimes at midnight, sometimes at 4 am. But I'd be in line with cool Garth fans, talking to them. The crowd would be playing Garth music and then occasionally the local radio station would show up. Now your lucky if your Target or Wally World will have copies available since we don't have a record store in town. And trying to get the first edition is crazy. I have to travel out of town to find a record store and find different covers. When Anthology 1 and 3 came out, I had to go to two stores to get Limited Edition on another for regular edition.
    we were never quite that crazed here, but I def remember hte days of midnight sales and getting Garth albums right then. distinctly remember playing Fresh Horses in my car on the way home from buying it, knowing I had to be up in less than 6-7 hrs to get ready for more college classes yet I was jamming to Garth at midnight..

I am wondering if Garth has gained enough tea and sea to make a dent on his sales of FUN. This will really help sales if his Amazon deal is working.

I see Legacy bouncing up and down the Amazon country chart. Is that good or bad? TUH is still on the top five country list. If Amazon has an impact that could be a big help selling Legacy. I know I am going to Target to buy a couple extra boxed sets. One to play and at least one for a Christmas gift. I may buy more but will wait and see. Plus if FUN and Triple Live reach the market place I will have to invest in multiple copies. Then as I have mentioned before, what about first editions, bundles etc.
    With me? I've pre ordered so there's that.. But I'll likely get a limited/first edition to have/open/look at/ put on computer (I put em on computer and then hold em.. dont' really play the physical discs much anymore) then I'll get a reg. edition for saving.. maybe a ltd instead dont' know.. legacy will be held as collectible, due to the inconceivable purchase of stereo equipment / methods of playing a niche format for one artist.. heck my sister doesn't even play her kiss collection anymore that I know of (and she has everything on vinyl from beginning to Hot in the Shade....). due to vinyl. but I'll be collecting a set to have...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread