+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: “Stronger Than Me”

I couldn't help but give it a try:
    https://youtu.be/LJkfrhswF_I

Hope you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Mine was also available only to stream. (thank goodness for *cough cough* appropriate software - problem solved)
    Your moral compass is intriguing. On one hand you refuse to help someone outside the US to get access to a couple of songs that havent been provided to them by Garths team, even though they have preordered the album... saying quote: "I’m not going to share the song... I try to go by what I feel lead to do, and I’ve been getting the feeling not to."

Yet you are clearly happy to use *cough cough* appropriate software to bypass DRM protection and essentially illegally save copywriter material.

They definitely enhanced a couple things with the Amazon version...main thing I notice is the very end. On CMA's he kinda ends it suspended which I really liked. Amazon version finishes it off and heads back to the 1 chord. Both sound good though.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Top songs omg that is so hard to do, it’s like picking a favorite child. This is my best try

Ask me how I know
    More than a memory
    When you come back to me again
    Every now and then
    Fishing in the dark
    Under the table
    If tomorrow never comes
    The dance
    Much too young
    FILP
    That, randa, is a fantastic list!! I must admit, I absolutely love "Mom" for some very personal reasons, but I agree with you that I think "Stronger Than Me" is just okay. It reminds me a lot of "A Friend to Me" which I've never really connected with. That's okay though.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    They definitely enhanced a couple things with the Amazon version...main thing I notice is the very end. On CMA's he kinda ends it suspended which I really liked. Amazon version finishes it off and heads back to the 1 chord. Both sound good though.
    ok, haven't had the chance to fully do a comparison between the amazon version and what I heard live.. glad I wasn't too off though in thinking that there was a difference, and it was 'cleaner' on amazon. He also didn't pause before the last verse...

still your'e right- both sound great!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    That, randa, is a fantastic list!! I must admit, I absolutely love "Mom" for some very personal reasons, but I agree with you that I think "Stronger Than Me" is just okay. It reminds me a lot of "A Friend to Me" which I've never really connected with. That's okay though.
    Yes I was thinking a friend to me also. That is awesome that you connect to mom, that is what songs are supposed to do. What would be your top ten?

Yes I was thinking a friend to me also. That is awesome that you connect to mom, that is what songs are supposed to do. What would be your top ten?
    A top ten, like you said, is hard to do because while I still love songs like Rodeo and The Dance, I've been hearing them for so long that my excitement and luster for them has sorta worn off. When they come up in my playlists, I either tune them out or I skip them. That said, they are still amazing incredible songs and are among my faves. I just don't pay as much attention to them as I used to. But putting my burnout on the "old stuff" aside, I would say my top 10 all time, in no particular order, are:

Ireland
    Red Strokes
    Midnight Train
    The Thunder Rolls
    Ain't Goin' Down
    The River
    I Don't Have to Wonder
    You Move Me
    Good Ride Cowboy
    Rodeo

Very close runners up:

Honky-Tonk Somewhere
    Tacoma
    Standing Outside the Fire
    The Old Stuff
    Wild Horses

I was finally able to download "Stronger Than Me" from Amazon.

The studio version is now available on Amazon but still is titled live from the CMAs

I'm not able to download it but when you stream the song it is the studio version.

It's still the live version for me.

me too

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Gotta say the studio version is unreal

I personally think the studio version leaves a lot to be desired. Garth’s vocals are fantastic, but the production is terribly dated. This has been a consistent problem in the comeback. He needs a new producer. Love this song, but the production will keep it from any success at radio.

Production sounds fine to me ! I like the studio version a lot !
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Sweet, the studio version showed up on my pre order - unfortunately I can't listen yet as I'm teaching . oh well it'll be there in 45m when class is out!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I hear very strong similarities between this song and To Make You Feel My Love, how it will fare on the radio remains to be seen, but I think it will wake some people up.

Hmmm.. I don't want to give too much of a snap decision/judgment on the song- I want to listen to it again, but at first listen? while the lyrics are clearer- the piano is almost a distraction for me- I'd much rather have the guitar and Garth singing the song.. It's not BAD, but at first glance- I'm not as impressed w/ the studio version.. doesn't feel as meaningful

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So I posted for the first time ever on the FB Garth brooks believers page. My exact post was “not a big fan of this song it just seems cheesy” the mod responded “we don’t need negative comments” I respond “am I not allowed my own opinion?” They respond with “you are going to get blocked let it go” they then delete my post. I posted several more times and let them have it so I am blocked now lol. What’s the point of the story? That I appreciate the mods here allowing us to have a view and speak our minds.

So I posted for the first time ever on the FB Garth brooks believers page. My exact post was “not a big fan of this song it just seems cheesy” the mod responded “we don’t need negative comments” I respond “am I not allowed my own opinion?” They respond with “you are going to get blocked let it go” they then delete my post. I posted several more times and let them have it so I am blocked now lol. What’s the point of the story? That I appreciate the mods here allowing us to have a view and speak our minds.
    I agree wholeheartedly. When I post I try to be positive and honest. Sometimes though being honest can override the positive. Ha! At the end of the day I enjoy the different thoughts and opinions. We may not all agree, but we are all big enough Garth fans that we care enough to come here, post and follow his career closely. That in itself connects us all and I find that cool. It is very nice to have a place to honestly discuss things even if everyone doesn’t agree.

There was posting of the single cover for this on one of the Garth Facebook pages, now I can’t find it. Did anyone grab that? I want to use it for the the live version.

Quote Originally Posted by pudge104 View Post
    There was posting of the single cover for this on one of the Garth Facebook pages, now I can’t find it. Did anyone grab that? I want to use it for the the live version.
    I have if you'd like me too send it to you send me your email address
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

You are not alone. The person who runs that FB page thinks they are always right and is incredibly stubborn. When faced with evidence that proves this, they either ignore or delete as if it never happened.

Studio version is a dud to me. I was not surprised considering the production value post-Allen Reynolds. I will just keep the CMA performance on my iPhone.

+ Reply to Thread