+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Stadium in each state?

Which Stadium in each state?

I was thinking about which stadium Garth will play in California and was wondering what stadium PGers think Garth will play in their state.
    I am thinking Garth has 3 excellent choices in the SOCAL area with the Rose Bowl, the Coliseum and the new LA Ram/Charger stadium. In Nor Cal maybe Levi stadium.
    I think he could possibly do all 3 in LA area. The Rose Bowl is a natural. 100,000 people and the famous Rose Bowl. Bu the Coliseum would be historic with the Olympics, championship games and if I remember right a couple Super Bowls. And after opening the Mercedes Benz in Atlanta, he could open the new stadium. He could do Rose Bowl on first leg, hit the coliseum the second leg and then open the new stadium on the 3rd leg. The when he does NorCal the Levi stadium.
    I don't see San Diego getting a show unless they used Petco Park but it kinda small and Qualcom is just so old.
    Since my home town is Las Vegas I am throwing in the new Raider Stadium as a possible choice.
    So what looks good where you are from?

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    He could do Rose Bowl on first leg, hit the coliseum the second leg and then open the new stadium on the 3rd leg.
    There's no chance he plays L.A. 3 times. My guess is one of the 3 you mentioned. I could certainly see him opening the new stadium. It is scheduled to be completed in Summer 2020. Rose Bowl is probably the 2nd most likely, IMO.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Hmm- good question in many ways..

I'm def. thinking along the lines of SoCal when it comes to no way Garth plays 3 times in LA.. I mean, he COULD.. but it's not likely.. between all those stadiums mentioned? I'd wager the Rose Bowl but I guess coliseum would be good too- depends on which one will hold hte new stage the best I supposed

When it comes to Colorado (my state) you don't have any college IN denver that would do a Garth show justice- you'd have to go up to Ft Collins (CSU) or Boulder (CU) for that. I hope and Pray Garth doesn't do that- not that I wouldn't make the trip, but talk about a pain of a trip with parking, you name it.

Garth's FAR more advantageous choice would be Bronco Stadium at Mile High- not only could it hold 70-80k+ but it would be central, people come from all over to denver - lots of parking, close in light rail transit- it would work.. (just don't do it in the fall/winter/early spring.... could end up too cold then ) (or snow...)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

He's done several new stadiums, but I wonder if MB has made him a little gun shy about it now? I don't if his objective is to play outdoors, festival type shows or if he's just looking at stadiums in general. He'll obviously do both, but what's he goal? Desire to do on this tour???

I hope he does Knoxville too, Nashville gets enough already! LOL He almost has to do Tampa for Florida...

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    He's done several new stadiums, but I wonder if MB has made him a little gun shy about it now? I don't if his objective is to play outdoors, festival type shows or if he's just looking at stadiums in general. He'll obviously do both, but what's he goal? Desire to do on this tour???
    ok, I'm a bit tired so maybe I'm not picking up on something but MB? were you meaning ND? W/ the cold? I guess it's possible- I think it was mORE a fluke perhaps, but lakeshores of planning too was possible.

I don't now if anything's nec. made him gun shy...

I think his OBJECTIVE (whether or not he'll admit it) is at least in part to conquer the stadium tour idea.. maximum amount of people, max amount of tickets, $, you name it- Plus he won't have to play as many dates to get same financial figures? who knows really..

the 'gameday' idea with the college stadiums.... maybe not AS good of an idea.. in practice.. maybe theory more than practice

(ahh the joys of an early morning post!)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I am going to go out on a limb and say that in Missouri he will play The Dome at America's Center.

, I'm a bit tired so maybe I'm not picking up on something but MB? were you meaning ND? W/ the cold? I guess it's possible- I think it was mORE a fluke perhaps, but lakeshores of planning too was possible.

No, I meant Mercedes Benz. I think he hated the sound too. Mostly because he never addressed it, when the media was reporting on the sound reverb. Etc. They have since fixed it but I think he would prefer stadiums with established sound systems. Just a hunch.

In Oklahoma, he has to do Boone Pickens Stadium (Oklahoma State). There has been a #GarthToBPS movement for awhile. I know the other day he mentioned something about the dimensions not being right. I believe it’s because the walls are only about 20 feet from the field.

I hope G’s team knows that if he doesn’t make a return to OSU, he is going to piss off thousands of Oklahoma State Garth loyalist. In fact, many are ticked that he didn’t open the tour there.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    I hope Gís team knows that if he doesnít make a return to OSU, he is going to piss off thousands of Oklahoma State Garth loyalist. In fact, many are ticked that he didnít open the tour there.
    I think it's safe to say at this point that Garth will do things his own way, regardless of who it may piss off. At worst, he'll have to apologize afterwards, and say how much he regrets having to skip it, but there was literally nothing he could do to change the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    No, I meant Mercedes Benz. I think he hated the sound too. Mostly because he never addressed it, when the media was reporting on the sound reverb. Etc. They have since fixed it but I think he would prefer stadiums with established sound systems. Just a hunch.
    hehe ya see, now that I'm awake, I can see the connection . yeah- MB. I don't know if he hated the sound or not but I know there certainly were complaints...

we all know how Garth wants things to be perfect (controlled if you will).. good luck getting a totally straight answer out of him though

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I think it's safe to say at this point that Garth will do things his own way, regardless of who it may piss off. At worst, he'll have to apologize afterwards, and say how much he regrets having to skip it, but there was literally nothing he could do to change the situation.

THIS!

great point, Bitter- honestly, He'll spin, you name it but Garth will do things his own way. regardless of who gets angry about it

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Tampa is a lock after the Stanley Cup cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    Tampa is a lock after the Stanley Cup cancellation.
    I wouldn't be quite so certain. Not if you're talking about where the Lightning play- (Amalie Arena).. Garth is doing stadiums, not arenas.. College/pro for certain, but at least if the first 3 stadiums (ND and the first 2 on the tour) are any indication, along with the clues given about prob. Boston area and Dallas.... an arena isn't going to be where to play. MAYBE Raymond James Stadium.......but I think that plan is the only "lock" that would be there. I don't think that we nec. can count on anywhere being locked in, even if due to the cancellation due to playoffs

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I am not talking about the arena. It is a stadium tour. Why would I be talking about an arena?

Could do St Pete too, instead of Tampa. But Raymond James would be more likely!

I hope he does all three in my state: NRG in Houston, the Alamodome in San Antonio and of course, Jerry Land in Arlington. And I would love to see him use pyrotechnics this time. That’s something I’ve been wanting since he began touring again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post
    I hope he does all three in my state: NRG in Houston, the Alamodome in San Antonio and of course, Jerry Land in Arlington. And I would love to see him use pyrotechnics this time. Thatís something Iíve been wanting since he began touring again.
    He didn't use pyrotechnics at Yankee Stadium or Notre Dame, so I doubt he's going to start using them now.

It's 30 cities/shows over 3 years, right? And since Notre Dame will be the first and last stop, then it may be just 28 cities (other than North Bend) over 3 years.

So, it all depends on how far he wants to spread things out and far he's willing to let people travel to cover certain markets. It also depends on whether Atlanta and New York will get additional stadium shows on this tour even though they already got stadium shows on the last tour. I would yes since they are SUCH big markets. He mentioned Denver on Studio G as a big important market for him, which is true. But he also mentioned my hometown, Salt Lake City, as another big market. So you would assume (based solely on his Studio G comments) that both of those cities will get shows, but if he has to limit the number of cities he hits, then since he's already playing Arizona and will more than likely play Denver, that could mean that Salt Lake gets skipped this tour. It's all really hard to gauge and predict.

If he does come to Salt Lake, then Rice Eccles Stadium at the University of Utah (which hosted the opening closing ceremonies of the 2002 Olympics) would be the best candidate for venue. But they just approved a bond here to expand the stadium by 15-20K seats over the next several years. So if the stadium is under construction while Garth is out over the next few years, then we may get skipped unless they can complete the expansion before the tour concludes.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    It also depends on whether Atlanta and New York will get additional stadium shows on this tour even though they already got stadium shows on the last tour. I would yes since they are SUCH big markets.
    He did not play any arena in the NY area, and the Yankee Stadium shows were in lieu of that. I'd say there is little chance he would skip the NY market over the next 3 years.

Arrowhead in Kansas City Missouri
    Kenny Chesney plays here every summer

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Arrowhead in Kansas City Missouri
    Kenny Chesney plays here every summer
    Oh man, I can't help but say it..

Garth isn't Kenny Chesney (though they apparently both play takamine guitars )

however.. that'd be an interesting stadium to play- but is it too close to ST Louis market wise (only about 3 hours away I think)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post
    I hope he does all three in my state: NRG in Houston, the Alamodome in San Antonio and of course, Jerry Land in Arlington. And I would love to see him use pyrotechnics this time. That’s something I’ve been wanting since he began touring again.

In all fairness Steven and please don't take offense at this ,it's not directly towards you.. That'd be incredibly greedy of Garth to do that- (hit all 3 in Texas).. I now it's a big market, but to use about 10% of the tour in one state...

(but it would make the OK people mad probably...)

I'd love to see him spread out some- I would wager though that Dallas WILL be selected and fairly soon- based on the hints, etc that have come from garth's mouth the last few months.. (about boston/dallas being sweet to him, etc..)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It's 30 cities/shows over 3 years, right? And since Notre Dame will be the first and last stop, then it may be just 28 cities (other than North Bend) over 3 years.
    ND wasn't the first stop on the tour- it was a blueprint as it were, for how things will go, but not the first stop. It was a one off TV special taping..

Now. Garth did say that he wanted to end the tour at ND.. that would be cool.. (and hopefully in a warmer time of year!)

He mentioned Denver on Studio G as a big important market for him, which is true. But he also mentioned my hometown, Salt Lake City, as another big market. So you would assume (based solely on his Studio G comments) that both of those cities will get shows, but if he has to limit the number of cities he hits, then since he's already playing Arizona and will more than likely play Denver, that could mean that Salt Lake gets skipped this tour. It's all really hard to gauge and predict.
    it def. is.. I'd hope to heck (selfishly) that he decides to hit Denver instead of SLC if you figuring were to plan out.. I'd love to go to AZ but it's too soon in the tour.. I'd think that Garth would be heading to Denver sometime in summer/fall 2019, or perhaps spring of 2020 timeframe, if his 4 years + between cities thing pans out... if he comes to Denver, (please not CU in boulder or CSU in FT Collins, play Denver!) Broncos stadium makes the most sense (and has the most seating... ad has housed many concerts in the past)

If he does come to Salt Lake, then Rice Eccles Stadium at the University of Utah (which hosted the opening closing ceremonies of the 2002 Olympics) would be the best candidate for venue. But they just approved a bond here to expand the stadium by 15-20K seats over the next several years. So if the stadium is under construction while Garth is out over the next few years, then we may get skipped unless they can complete the expansion before the tour concludes.
    It would give them incentive to complete eh?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    but is it too close to ST Louis market wise (only about 3 hours away I think)
    I think with STL starting the tour - I could see KC being during year 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    it def. is.. I'd hope to heck (selfishly) that he decides to hit Denver instead of SLC if you figuring were to plan out.. I'd love to go to AZ but it's too soon in the tour.. I'd think that Garth would be heading to Denver sometime in summer/fall 2019, or perhaps spring of 2020 timeframe, if his 4 years + between cities thing pans out... if he comes to Denver, (please not CU in boulder or CSU in FT Collins, play Denver!) Broncos stadium makes the most sense (and has the most seating... ad has housed many concerts in the past)
    If he has to choose between Denver and SLC, I would assume that Denver gets that call every time. It's a bigger market, bigger stadium, etc. I'm excited that he says he'll be announcing more cities at a time so people can plan, but I hope his idea of doing that is not just announcing two at a time instead of one. haha!

If he has to choose between Denver and SLC, I would assume that Denver gets that call every time. It's a bigger market, bigger stadium, etc. I'm excited that he says he'll be announcing more cities at a time so people can plan, but I hope his idea of doing that is not just announcing two at a time instead of one. haha!
    Good point on the announcing. I THINK he'll announce maybe 5 every 4-6 months (just an out there guess w/o basis in fact other than saying 5 would be announced by Christmas..)

Now, for the Denver thing.. Yeah- Id wager you're right.. Not that I don't want him to come to SLC at all. but you're right in saying that it's a bigger market .. which is weird, since I've heard Denver referred to as a smaller market in other things...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Random thoughts...

TN: You would guess Nashville gets a date at Nissan (or Vandy?). Would Neyland in Knoxville also get a stop?

OH: Based on demographics, fan club numbers, etc Ohio would almost assuredly have a date. If he's going for iconic stadiums, the Horseshoe would be the best bet. Not to mention it's the largest and centrally located in the state.

MI: I don't think Michigan Stadium is setup for concerts because they can't get equipment through their tunnels. Spartan Stadium in East Lansing has done them though.

PA: you have Beaver Stadium.. another 100k + venue and fits the iconic talk... but you also have other choices in Pittsburgh and Philly too.

IN: Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy makes the most sense for Indiana I would think... though technically South Bend is already getting another one... so maybe not?

LA: Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge would be a safe bet.

Local Knoxville station talked to GB about Neyland. They said they have a hashtag to get him there, Garth told them he has a hash tag too, hashtag 3 years construction, so it doesn't look good, which sucks, BUT I could've swore they just decided to put most of it on hold, time they get more money. To fund the remodel? So maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by jb2sprint View Post
    LA: Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge would be a safe bet.
    I think you have to keep the Superdome as a possibility, for the historic factor, and because it's Nawlins'.

+ Reply to Thread