+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Triple Live and New Album

  1. #1

    Triple Live and New Album

    It doesn't really matter, but do you think the reason triple live and the new album didn't
    get release this year was because Garth didn't want to clash with Trisha's new album?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    1,725
    I don't think that would have had any effect on Garth's album. Her album wouldn't keep me from buying Garth's with or without them being on the market at the same time. I'd buy Garth first and maybe if I liked a song or two on hers I might buy it because I like standards and Frank Sinatra. If their relationship was as strong as they say it is, then I think Garth and Trisha would love to compete with each other to see who could sell more and rank higher on the charts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    It doesn't really matter, but do you think the reason triple live and the new album didn't
    get release this year was because Garth didn't want to clash with Trisha's new album?
    If I'm being honest here (and that's the only way I know how to be ) I think you'd be looking WAY TOO MUCH into things, if you think that such a thing is likely. As much as we'd like to think about it in much of a "gentlemanly" type of way (i.e. maybe he is letting her have the spotlight for once) fact is, she's not as popular of an artist as he is.... they're different, in many ways different markets/targets.. As gbkubfan says, her album wouldn't keep me from buying his if they're on the market at the same time... honestly I'd have to see a track listing before I'd consider buying her album. Im' not the largest TY fan to begin with, but an album of sinatra/standards.. doesn't really excite me anyway.. have garth do it? I'm likely to go buy it, but that's due to the name, not nec. liking all the songs.

    Brett, hate to say it but this is much a rather far fetched (almost ludicrous in some ways) idea, IMO
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    If I'm being honest here (and that's the only way I know how to be ) I think you'd be looking WAY TOO MUCH into things, if you think that such a thing is likely. As much as we'd like to think about it in much of a "gentlemanly" type of way (i.e. maybe he is letting her have the spotlight for once) fact is, she's not as popular of an artist as he is.... they're different, in many ways different markets/targets.. As gbkubfan says, her album wouldn't keep me from buying his if they're on the market at the same time... honestly I'd have to see a track listing before I'd consider buying her album. Im' not the largest TY fan to begin with, but an album of sinatra/standards.. doesn't really excite me anyway.. have garth do it? I'm likely to go buy it, but that's due to the name, not nec. liking all the songs.

    Brett, hate to say it but this is much a rather far fetched (almost ludicrous in some ways) idea, IMO
    Didnt think it was that far fetched, But I guess your right.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,581
    Maybe we'll see Give It To Me Strait soon, now! lol
    I thought LBF doesn't come out in February in wide release? Early only for Williams-Sonoma.

  6. #6
    I will definitely give her new album a spin. I'm sure she'll do an awesome job. That being said, I do really wish that her first album after 10+ years was an original album..not a covers album.

    At the end of the day, Garth and Trisha have probably done everything they really "need" to do. At this point..they're probably going to do what the want to do. More power to them.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    I will definitely give her new album a spin. I'm sure she'll do an awesome job. That being said, I do really wish that her first album after 10+ years was an original album..not a covers album.

    At the end of the day, Garth and Trisha have probably done everything they really "need" to do. At this point..they're probably going to do what the want to do. More power to them.
    Its going to be a great album, she really has the type of voice that will do Sinatra well!!

    Looking forward to it!!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts