+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CMA Awards 11/14/2018

"When Garth sang live, got a standing ovation, tears from the crowd and the highlight of the show, I felt Eric Church needed to hear that" LMBO

Sorry lol

Award shows are a joke kind of always been a joke. Lionel Richie to give away the biggest award of the night was stupid when you have so many old country stars that could be recognized like hank jr, Alan Jackson etc. I thought Dierks Bentley got screwed over yet again, the guy is awesome but gets screwed every year. I really like midland but they are not pretty enough and too country for country. Keith urban winning felt like they were giving him a bone for being a nice guy. I am not a huge fan but it is what it is.

It was different for Lionel to name winner but he has been singing country lately. Also, all through the show a lot of the acts were excited to see him and shouted out his name. On a personal note, back in 84, I was working at MGM (now Bally's) when Lionel was doing a show at hotel. Our shows started at the same time so we rode down the elevator together during the week he was their. I brought an album for him to sign and his bodyguard pushed me out of the way and said no autographs. Lionel said be cool and took my album and signed it . I still have that album and remember sneaking from out theater show over to watch his show. Great performer. After he left we got Lee Greenwood and Crystal Gayle and I got to ride down the elevator with her. She seemed tiny and had the long mane of hair. Very nice lady.
    As far as who deserved the award. it is so subjective. It is supposed to be the artist that does the most for country like promoting, etc. But if that was the reason, I think Garth does more to promote country music than most artists. He would win every year. keith Urban is more visible and does a lot to promote country and just being eye candy for Nicole helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Not really. My first guess was correct.. I doubted it was the case, as I stated, but The guess was still correct. He sang the 'new song' for Trisha..

don't know why you felt the need to point that out, but eh- it is what it is.

I guess you're still upset that I wouldn't share for free the songs from Garth's new album that I spent $ pre-ordering? you wanted The Road I'm On and The Courage to Love.... I chose to not pirate/share them with you- I think I made the right choice, though you seem upset by that- no worries.
    Just on this, so everyone in the forum knows the truth. I specifically told you I did preorder. From GB.com. and people who preordered there have not been given the extra songs. So your comment about me asking for them for free is a complete lie. And I even offered to send you proof of purchase...

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by parlevoo View Post
    Just on this, so everyone in the forum knows the truth. I specifically told you I did preorder. From GB.com. and people who preordered there have not been given the extra songs. So your comment about me asking for them for free is a complete lie. And I even offered to send you proof of purchase...
    Yep= you did.. tell me you "paid $10 for the prerelease (via the Canada link on his website not a usa resident)" I believe were your exact words... the fact that people who preordered there were not given the extra songs is irrelevant in the end...

My comments about 'sharing for free' were accurate as I paid the $ from Amazon.. which is where i got the songs from. and sharing them with you would have been sharing them illegally, would it have not? you're still hurt and upset that I didn't do it, it's ok. you have a grudge against me, that's ok too. I think I made the right choice in my decision to not share.....

you sending me a proof of purchase offer? not doubting you but what date was that PM? where was that offer specifically made?

look- you want to keep up the anger, that's on you. I don't want to bury a thread about the CMA's because of some petty beef you have with me- you want to argue about it with me, PM me.. Your posts here on this thread (and trying to take it to another thread as well) show me that my decision not to share with you was the right one. 'nuff said.

I'm not going to get into a further back/forth, I said/you said type of argument. I have nothing to prove to you, you have nothing to prove to me. In the end it really doesn't matter, you are free to have your opinions about me.

The song Garth sang on the CMA's was very good. can't wait to hear it in studio overs should it be put on the album.. hoping it's not over-produced...

Sorry everyone, for even replying about it a few times today.. back to regularly scheduled thread
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread