+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Live Anthology

The Live Anthology

The Live Anthology is now down to $18.59 on Amazon
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    The Live Anthology is now down to $18.59 on Amazon
    They have a Limited Edition up on amazon for 29.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    They have a Limited Edition up on amazon for 29.
    Do you have a link cause I'm not seeing a limited edition one listed
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    Do you have a link cause I'm not seeing a limited edition one listed
    https://www.amazon.com/Garth-Brooks-.../dp/159591000X

Besides the $11.50 higher price, is the only difference between the Limited Edition and regular version, the cover?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    it it falls in line with the other ones, yeah... thats it
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Besides the $11.50 higher price, is the only difference between the Limited Edition and regular version, the cover?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Has anyone in the UK found a place to pre-order the Anthology as of yet? Amazon have a listing, but it's not available.

The Limited edition is now $21 dollars.
    The regular edition is $23 dollars.

Saw this on Garth Brooks Believers Facebook Page:

Triple Live
    We all heard the different variations that are coming to fans hands this entire fall season, from “FAN MIX” to “ANTHOLOGY EDITION” to the “Outside the book edition” (Stand alone). But what is the difference? What separates the edition fans downloaded from Ticketmaster and Amazon Music from the CD Editions? Garth Brooks didn’t say much either way. That Fan Mix was incredible experience that was drummed up by engineer Matt Allen. It was his baby from the get-go. Some loved it, very few hated it. It was a winner by most and Matt did an incredible job with it.
    What is different from the fan mix download and the Anthology Book version of “Triple Live?” A hint... A LOT! (but just not any of the songs itself, those are exactly the same.) We will explain the differences today for you, the fans, from the a fan's perspective. Not just some average Joe media type.
    I, at first, questioned the opening song being “The Thunder Rolls,” thinking that using one of the tour opening songs would have fit well there. (“Man Against Machine” or “Baby Let’s Lay Down And Dance”) ... By the time I put the CD (Disc 1) into the player I had forgotten what song was first and forgotten how loud the stereo was on. Right on cue... the boom of thunder started rolling up my legs making the hairs on the back of my neck stand at attention and the windows around me started shaking. This is when I realized that “The Thunder Rolls” fit perfectly well right where it sat. The number one song on the number one disc. What better way for Matt Allen to show off his masterpiece. The crashing of the cybels and the beat of the foot pedal to the steel guitar and electric guitar, so crisp, so clear. This album made “Double Live” seem recorded in the 1950s.
    My only beef with this album is when he sings without music behind him you can hear the echoes of his words leaving then hitting the arena somewhere and back into his microphone at times, but that does not deter the album as a whole. Matt’s masterpiece, a true work of art. The stereo mix version of “Triple Live” is just amazing. The best version of a “LIVE” album we have EVER heard. Garth Brooks and his crew and Matt Allen and Mark Miller totally outdone themselves with this and deserve much needed praise for a job well done!
    Best advice when you get your hands on the CDs? Listen with a high quality stereo system or headphones. You will not regret it one bit!

So the version in The Anthology is not the fan mix edition?

The garth brooks believers facebook site got the book early also and will do a review shortly.

Garth Brooks Believers
    Yesterday at 7:00 PM ∑

1. Yes, we got it early!
    2. Yes, we will read it soon!
    3. Yes, you will see a review of it in the near future.
    4. We will save all the excitement of the book for you to explore when you get it. (NO SPOILERS!)

If itís not the Fan Mix then that makes this release a little more exciting.

My Amazon pre-order is showing estimated ship date between Nov. 27 and Dec. 3... Not cool. I thought last time, everyone got theirs a few days early.
    He defies music boundaries... End of Debate.

Quote Originally Posted by jformont View Post
    My Amazon pre-order is showing estimated ship date between Nov. 27 and Dec. 3... Not cool. I thought last time, everyone got theirs a few days early.
    Hmm. I preordered another copy (so I have 1 for collection, one for reading) and it's the limited version, still shows shipping and arriving on 11/20. (though I had some sort of courtesy credit on my account and heck, I ended p paying only about $12.31 (it's currently at a $21.31 for limited ed. on amazon at least it was for me) )

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by jformont View Post
    Mine says the same thing.

According to the garth brooks believers facebook page, the photos ARENT screen shots from his tv specials!!

So that is cool.

Hmmm OK so since Triple Live is a new mix, I'll bite the bullet at $21. I figure with tax it's around $8 a disc.

Now is Double Live the original tracklisting or the expanded version released on Legacy Records a few years back?

Review from the Garth Brooks beleivers site.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/garth...4829752293537/

(The book is going to be awesome!!)

That review told me absolutely nothing. It offered me one picture, already seen before, and a few quotes I've already read or heard. So, still not buying it.

I also really don't want a picture book, with "4-page photos". I buy a book to read. I stopped looking at picture books when I was out of primary school.

Quote Originally Posted by GBJR77 View Post
    That review told me absolutely nothing. It offered me one picture, already seen before, and a few quotes I've already read or heard. So, still not buying it.

I also really don't want a picture book, with "4-page photos". I buy a book to read. I stopped looking at picture books when I was out of primary school.
    Hmm- I'm not gonna read the review honestly, at least not before I get my hands on the book itself. Strange maybe, and no offense to the page, but I don't want preconceived ideas/notions in my head before I read what's there.

hopefully it's not all pictures, etc. would be interesting to see what the exact mix of seen/unseen before pics really is (It'll be different I'm sure than what's "listed" as true, as some fans have seen a lot more than what's been officially released

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Really excited by his review, I think it's a must have.

Initially I was disappointed, cuz I had asked the reviewer, if there is anything about his 1994 "World Tour" apart from Ireland, and the reviewer basically said no,
    its mentioned briefly, just a few pages.

Then I thought, hey fair enough, because thats what it was in Garth's career, just a brief part of it.

So, Im thinking this book will be enjoyable!! Fingers crossed that it is.

I think this anthology is going to end up being the best of all of them, just the initial reviews, the quick peeks we have had
    on studio G, when Garth has been flipping thru the book. 255 pages, and to top it all off, there is the AR thing that has yet to be seen.

I hope people will be putting their reviews up here, once its released!!!

At Amazon

Eight days out from release date and its listed as

2,295 in Books
    22 in books art and music Biographies
    100 Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature

Im guessing the cma's will probably push this up to number one if he runs a commercial for it.

Does anyone know if Target will get the live anthology it's still not on their website so it has me wondering if they will get it

+ Reply to Thread