+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Live Anthology

My copy from Amazon should be here today. At the price of around $32.00. We recently went on vacation in St. Louis. We crossed over to Illinois and I picked up a copy of the limited edition. They had three copies of the book. That’s it. And I thought that it was the regular version until I unpacked it. The limited edition cover was not on the book, but inside the packaging. Only $20.96. Very impressed!
    I’m currently reading the book and I haven’t played the CD’s yet. Would love to know the sound difference before I listen.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by LostSessions View Post
    I’m currently reading the book and I haven’t played the CD’s yet. Would love to know the sound difference before I listen.
    Still have to read it myself (dang long term sub job!) but also interested in the sound difference(s) if there is/are any

I know that others had issues w/ the ordering and the limited/non limited version- the only difference I saw was (again) the slip cover. (and a cover 'advert' over the book/slipcover itself)

I had to check 'all other versions' in the amazon listing, and then the limited series edition appeared
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Yeah, I mentioned that one theory is that Sandy doesn’t want anything to do with the anthologies since there are no interviews or pictures of her in 3
    that makes the most sense to me- she doesn't want to be a part of it)

. And I still believe Trisha had a bug in Garth’s ear. Trisha has interview answers in the live anthology that make no sense why they even made the book. But so far, it’s a pretty decent read.
    don't know if I can agree/disagree (have to read my copy still) but- can't say that TY had a bug in his ear or not- don't know ENOUGH about her to make that assumption, but honestly... not been enough of a TY fan to put too much stock in it.

I met Sandy about a month ago. We talked a very long time. She even gave me a hug. She pretty much hinted to me that she is in fact done with the spotlight. She said she is a very private person but when I asked for permission to post a photo of the two of us, she said absolutely! Post away! I asked her if she was sure, she said yes again. Sandy is so very sincere. It was an honor to meet her.
    . Ahh- where's hte picture? (just curious)

Can't say anything about meeting her or not, etc. it's not been my experience other than her almost running over my foot in the Duly chevy truck they have/had in Nashville in the late 1990's. (long story made short- I WAS parked past the no parking signs in front of the gate but that's another story )

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

There are a lot of possibilities about why Sandy is not mentioned. One may be that Garth is still embarrassed that he got divorced and doesn't want to bring attention to that. Not that he would still want to be married to Sandy, or that he would trade what he has had with Trisha, but you know, sometimes there are realities in life that, although you're now glad they happened because they got you to where you are now, you still flinch when you think about them. Another is that Sandy had some issues after the divorce, and maybe Garth thinks that if he mentions her a lot, and if his comments get printed, those issues will get brought up again. Like others have said, maybe Sandy has asked that she not be mentioned. And what if it is indeed Trisha that has blocked all mention of Sandy? So what? She's been just as important in Garth's life and recording career as anyone else. And she's who he's currently married to and so she will have a say. But let me be clear that I think that theory is total hogwash and I don't believe for a second that Trisha would be that petty. For example, when Garth re-released the remixed albums in 2014, Sandy's name was still in all the "Thank You's" in the booklets. And when Garth remastered and rereleased Beyond the Season on Amazon in 2016, he did not remove Sandy's name from Silent Night. If Trisha had such a petty gripe and tight hold on things as some are suggesting, the credits in the CD booklets and that line in Silent Night would have been gone!! Right?

One last possibility is that Garth is planning to pay a bigger tribute to Sandy in Volumes II or IV. One of the main factors in Garth's retirement was his divorce. So that will of course be a huge part of what is covered in those volumes. So maybe he'll have a chapter dedicated to her then that talks about what an important role she had. I really doubt it, but it's still a possibility.

The reality is, there are a million benign and benevolent possibilities of why she's not getting mentioned without us having to assume that the worst possible explanation must be what's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    There are a lot of possibilities about why Sandy is not mentioned. One may be that Garth is still embarrassed that he got divorced and doesn't want to bring attention to that. Not that he would still want to be married to Sandy, or that he would trade what he has had with Trisha, but you know, sometimes there are realities in life that, although you're now glad they happened because they got you to where you are now, you still flinch when you think about them. Another is that Sandy had some issues after the divorce, and maybe Garth thinks that if he mentions her a lot, and if his comments get printed, those issues will get brought up again. Like others have said, maybe Sandy has asked that she not be mentioned. And what if it is indeed Trisha that has blocked all mention of Sandy? So what? She's been just as important in Garth's life and recording career as anyone else. And she's who he's currently married to and so she will have a say. But let me be clear that I think that theory is total hogwash and I don't believe for a second that Trisha would be that petty. For example, when Garth re-released the remixed albums in 2014, Sandy's name was still in all the "Thank You's" in the booklets. And when Garth remastered and rereleased Beyond the Season on Amazon in 2016, he did not remove Sandy's name from Silent Night. If Trisha had such a petty gripe and tight hold on things as some are suggesting, the credits in the CD booklets and that line in Silent Night would have been gone!! Right?

One last possibility is that Garth is planning to pay a bigger tribute to Sandy in Volumes II or IV. One of the main factors in Garth's retirement was his divorce. So that will of course be a huge part of what is covered in those volumes. So maybe he'll have a chapter dedicated to her then that talks about what an important role she had. I really doubt it, but it's still a possibility.

The reality is, there are a million benign and benevolent possibilities of why she's not getting mentioned without us having to assume that the worst possible explanation must be what's true.
    Nicely put Emerald...

After reading my comments, and the comments of others about this in this thread too....

asking a question that I am having to ask of myself as well...

Is it possible we are looking too much into things, or trying to find out things that aren't there, or making things out to be what they're not..

I guess a way to say it is- are we trying to find a story or issue where the is none? and is that something that should be nec. that's done?

just a thought- that I myself have to think about as well w/ this...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Only complaint I have of the Anthology so far has been the way he put that little tab in the CD. It is a tad better than Anthology 1 but I still don't like it. :-)

Live anthology is now going for $13 on amazon.

Yeah, I mentioned that one theory is that Sandy doesnít want anything to do with the anthologies since there are no interviews or pictures of her in 3. And I still believe Trisha had a bug in Garthís ear. Trisha has interview answers in the live anthology that make no sense why they even made the book. But so far, itís a pretty decent read. I met Sandy about a month ago. We talked a very long time. She even gave me a hug. She pretty much hinted to me that she is in fact done with the spotlight. She said she is a very private person but when I asked for permission to post a photo of the two of us, she said absolutely! Post away! I asked her if she was sure, she said yes again. Sandy is so very sincere. It was an honor to meet her.
    I also met Allie and August. Allie and I talked most of the evening and I have her autograph!
    Iíve met Garth as well. Most humble man. He acted like he had known me forever. Heís not putting on a show. Of course, you guys know that. Trisha I have never met but hearing stories from people who have been around her...negative every time. Thatís the perks of living in Oklahoma and having connections.

Thank you for sharing that, his kids from what I have seen seem very sweet and nice. Sandy always came off as a very down to earth kind of woman. Not bagging but just never have been a huge fan of Trisha. She has a RBF and on her show she just seems very dry and fake to me. I think the fact garth pushes her on us is exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I think the fact garth pushes her on us is exhausting.
    not to talk too bad about anyone person- she is a great singer, has a great voice but.. not my favorite.. also.... this is a true statement you make randa...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I can see why he does though... it would be VERY hard ego-wise to be an artist in your own right and then be married to Garth Brooks. Everywhere they go, everything they do, hardly anyone is there to see Trisha. That must be hard on her sometimes. Garth, also, loves Trisha as a singer and as an artist, so I think he makes her part of his career and talks about her so much in an effort to 1) help us see what he appreciates about her talent, and 2) help ease the tensions of possible jealousy or egos between them as artists, competitors, spouses, etc.

As long as they are together, Garth will always try to have her share the spotlight with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    not to talk too bad about anyone person- she is a great singer, has a great voice but.. not my favorite.. also.... this is a true statement you make randa...
    I agree with both of these comments. I made what I presumed was an unpopular post last year on a Facebook page about the best part of Trisha coming out in the middle of Garth's shows was that it gave me a chance to use the restroom and get another beer or 2. I wasn't being hateful, just making a statement. Someone deleted my comment pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post

don't know if I can agree/disagree (have to read my copy still) but- can't say that TY had a bug in his ear or not- don't know ENOUGH about her to make that assumption, but honestly... not been enough of a TY fan to put too much stock in it.

. Ahh- where's hte picture? (just curious)

Can't say anything about meeting her or not, etc. it's not been my experience other than her almost running over my foot in the Duly chevy truck they have/had in Nashville in the late 1990's. (long story made short- I WAS parked past the no parking signs in front of the gate but that's another story )
    Scott, the picture of Sandy and me is on my Facebook page! If I could share pics here I totally would! My pic with Allie is on my Facebook page as well.
    And I remember reading here recently about your run in with with Sandy in her dually truck!
    -Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Thank you for sharing that, his kids from what I have seen seem very sweet and nice. Sandy always came off as a very down to earth kind of woman. Not bagging but just never have been a huge fan of Trisha. She has a RBF and on her show she just seems very dry and fake to me. I think the fact garth pushes her on us is exhausting.

Agreed again. Sandy is the real deal. She could tell I was nervous while talking to her but that quickly went away after she hugged me.
    I’ve never been a Trisha music fan. Ever. I know she was the main background female vocalist on most of Garth’s albums so I stomach her because I love Garth’s music more. I could attest to the fakeness of Trisha. She fakes till she makes it. And I wholeheartedly agree that Garth pushes Trisha down our throats. Unfortunately, that is how it’s going to be forever for all Garth fans. Trisha will always be on his albums, will always mention her, and will always call her the best thing that ever happened to him. He was quoted as saying two days ago on studio g that “be who you wanna be with...” he got the girl of his dreams, so that’s that. But it will forever bug me the things he has said about Trisha that are a complete slap in the face to Sandy, the beginning of his career, and the three daughters they had together. As a step mother to three daughters, I have that real world knowledge of what it’s like to not have biological children and to inherit children because my husband had sole custody of his girls. For Garth to say Trisha deserves credit for moving to Oklahoma, putting her career on hold to help raise his 3 girls makes me laugh because I did the exact same thing when I married my husband. I moved into their house, which became our house, switched jobs, lost friends, because I LOVED my husband and our girls. It was no sacrifice on my part. That’s how a marriage works. For Garth to say that Trisha saved their family I do believe that statement.
    -Garth Brooks

Saw the commercial last night. I hope the photos are more than what we saw in the gallery featured in the DVD that came with the second Lost Sessions boxed set in 2005.

For anyone who already has it, am I right? The cover photo, which was from Texas Stadium, I have never seen that particular picture before.

Has anyone ordered the live anthology from target.com if so is it the limited edition?
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    Has anyone ordered the live anthology from target.com if so is it the limited edition?
    I have no idea which edition Target.com sends if you order online, but Target.com said that a location near me had Limited Editions in stock, but when I got there they were all just regular editions.

However, both of the copies I ordered from Amazon on Cyber Monday at this link were indeed Limited Editions.

I just ordered my LTD Edition from Amazon!

Is it possible that some of you are thinking itís regiular edition because you see the outside picture of Garth and not the slip cover G? The special edition does have a pic of garth on it on the packaging and behind that is the grey box cover ...

I hope that makes sense . I only bring this up because itís possible .
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Is it possible that some of you are thinking it’s regiular edition because you see the outside picture of Garth and not the slip cover G? The special edition does have a pic of garth on it on the packaging and behind that is the grey box cover ...

I hope that makes sense . I only bring this up because it’s possible .
    The versions I saw at Target had in store were, with 100% certainty, the regular editions because you could see the pages of the book through the shrinkwrap, whereas in the limited editions, even though the chrome limited edition slipcase is somewhat covered up, it still encases the book so that you can only see the book's spine.

Picked up 2 more copies at Wal Mart. The first 2 I bought were limited editions. Was there today and picked up 1 regular and 1 more limited edition. The limited edition is a Christmas present. I need one more regular edition for my collection. When I bought my first 2 copies there was only 2 copies of the limited edition left. Today they had the display full with copies of both.

This thing is either selling bad or the reporting of numbers is incorect. It appeared in the 40s at Billboard Country Albums a couple of weeks ago. No sign of it in the past weeks. At Amazon it is not selling well.

Christmas Together sold some 5000 copies last week. It should appear at the top 100 of Billboard 200.

If he would have done better it would sell more but he put out a half ass effort so no wonder it is not selling

I thought billboard wasnt going to count the anthology because its a book, with cds as an extra.

That was my impression as well; at least that is what happened with the first one.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

At currently is ranked at 250th in Amazon Books. Which of course means its not selling alot.

Which is kinda strange since his Notre Dame tv special had super high ratings.

+ Reply to Thread