+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Live Anthology

Guess what I got for Xmas. Thank you Santa.

Havent been able to read it yet.

First impressions, wow, done with class. Very impressed indeed.

IMHO, its a top quality product.

Hope the stories are as good as the pics!!

Getting thru this thing, Love it, Love the format that you get everybodys point of view, some of the stories
    I heard before, some I havent. Wow that pic of the new york crowd is amazing. TV didnt really give it justice.

Im getting the vibe that central part is the greatest achievement of his career
    Will do a full review when Im finish, gotta say, Im loving it so far.

Finished The Live Anthology, Loved it, will do a FULL review, once the heatwave has finished, its too hot and stickey at the moment.

I give it 7/5 out of ten or four stars.

Only took a point or two off, because of two inaccuracies in his own anthology, and it was just still just a hedgeway into another story anyway.
    and the lack of rare unreleased footage.

Still it's a huge must have for any Garth fan.

Great stories, Great pics, and loved the format of people connected with Garth telling their stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Finished The Live Anthology, Loved it, will do a FULL review, once the heatwave has finished, its too hot and stickey at the moment.

I give it 7/5 out of ten or four stars.

Only took a point or two off, because of two inaccuracies in his own anthology, and it was just still just a hedgeway into another story anyway.
    and the lack of rare unreleased footage.

Still it's a huge must have for any Garth fan.

Great stories, Great pics, and loved the format of people connected with Garth telling their stories.
    Opps that should read 7.5 out of ten. not 7/5.

Its just too damn hot here to concentrate.

I will try and not give to much spoilers.

What a wonderful book, beautifully formatted, amazing pictures. The stories all flowed, I loved how each one interacted with
    the other to get the total experience of what was happening at the time. Some have commented that they're surprised by the
    llanguage, but that gave the book a rawness and it wasn't too over the top anyway.

Again the surprise for me was how much central park has meant to him.

The early stories were great, for me it always seemed he was destined to become the major act he is today.

His love for the the people of Croke Park in Ireland, and how that country fell for his music was so so sweet.

In terms of the stories if I was going to nitpick, there were a couple of inaccuries, but very minor. One he
    said.. "After several shows in New Zealand we headed to Australia"

He only did one show in NZ, but thats okay it was more of a hedgeway into an Australia story.

He also said he did shows in Austria (in Europe) but he has never played there?

But that's just really poetic license.

This book is a must have, it didnt really need the AR, or even the discs, I think thats more of a after thought.

It was so great to read the stories, that I have never heard of before, not just from garth but from his band and crew.

If you dont have the anthology, buy it now!!!

As I said 7.5 out of ten or four stars!!!

Well done to Garth.

I apologize if this is a repetitive question but this thread is huge.

Are the Triple Live discs in the Anthology Live any different than the free download we received last year?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    I apologize if this is a repetitive question but this thread is huge.

Are the Triple Live discs in the Anthology Live any different than the free download we received last year?
    I THINK they're different in that it's not a special 'fan mix'.. honestly I've not paid enough attention to the song lists to see if there's a difference there
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Track list is the same , mix is way different ... fam mix is cool, traditional mix is way better to me .

Garth has confirmed on studio g that there we added songs when triple Live is released on its own !!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Thanks y'all

+ Reply to Thread