+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Live Anthology

Yep Im hanging out for all the reviews!!!!

I bought it but Amazon boned me and sent me the regular edition w/out slipcase.

I returned it and will try to check out Target and Walmart before I order from them again.

They sent the book in a padded envelope with no protection and it had dings all over it.

UNACCEPTABLE IMO

In the USA, the best country in the world
    ugh- that stinks- I do know I had to check carefully to ensure mine was the limited edition w/ slipcase.. but sorry man that stinks..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

My order from the live sale shipped from Illinois, not looking good if its autographed.

Well wouldn’t that throw a pickle into things if an Illinois shipped one was signed?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    My order from the live sale shipped from Illinois, not looking good if its autographed.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    I bought it but Amazon boned me and sent me the regular edition w/out slipcase.

I returned it and will try to check out Target and Walmart before I order from them again.

They sent the book in a padded envelope with no protection and it had dings all over it.

UNACCEPTABLE IMO
    I had literally the exact same thing happen to me. So there is a version with the slipcase?

So to recap, Double Live is exactly the same as all previous versions and Triple Live is the fan mix we already had? Basically, no new music, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Well wouldn’t that throw a pickle into things if an Illinois shipped one was signed?
    Yes, it definitely would. I just assumed they would be coming from Nashville.

I’ll be fascinated if they have a signed one come from there than nashville

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by pudge104 View Post
    So to recap, Double Live is exactly the same as all previous versions and Triple Live is the fan mix we already had? Basically, no new music, correct?
    Triple Live in the anthology is NOT the fan mix.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    Mine also shows shipped from Bensenville, IL...that is where O’Hare airport is and the UPS hub. Fingers crossed that it’s a signed one from Nashville.

When I first saw that mine was shipped from Illinois, I was a little bummed too... however, the more I think I about it, I’m not sure that location would really have anything to do with it. We have no idea where the publishing/shipping company is. If you saw the picture on Facebook, you could see all of the books were in boxes. The company would have shipped the books to Garth, then he would have shipped them back. THEN, they would have to be organized and shipped out.

That being said, I’m not saying we’re all getting autographed copies. However, I think it’s pretty crazy to expect that the books would ship straight from Nashville to us. I guess I expected my USPS tracking to say “Shipment picked up from Garth’s house.” Haha. I just think Garth and Team Garth have bigger things to do than go to the post office and drop off a load of books.

I really think there will be one if not several people from the forum that get autographed copies. We’ll find out soon.
    Last edited by jturtels; 11-24-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Well, mine is out for delivery for today! Iíll report back with the news.

I still didn't get an update on tracking.

Just got my delivery. Sorry to say that if the tracking is originating from Illinois, it is not a signed copy. However, it is a first edition.

Quote Originally Posted by jgibbons1685 View Post
    Just got my delivery. Sorry to say that if the tracking is originating from Illinois, it is not a signed copy. However, it is a first edition.
    Did yours arrive UPS? The tracking number that was sent to me took me to the postal service, but it says it was transferred to UPS. According to the UPS website, it says I’m due to receive it Thursday. I’m in the St Louis area.
    Last edited by jturtels; 11-25-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    Did yours arrive UPS? The tracking number that was sent to me took me to the postal service, but it says it was transferred to UPS. According to the UPS website, it says Iím due to receive it Thursday. Iím in the St Louis area.
    UPS was the original carrier. They then turned it over to UPS Mail Innovations which is the joint operation of the UPS and the USPS.

So far there’s only one twitter post of someone getting a signed copy. I’d love to know where theirs shipped from! Ha

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Something that kind of bugs me is the lack of talk about his first wife sandy. Here is a woman that married him, moved to Nashville with him, worked to support his dreams both financial and mental. He writes more about cheating on her then thanking her for what she did. I donít know if it is Trisha would throw a fit if he wrote more about her but itís kind of ridiculous. Why was she not included in writing this book? No one besides Garth knows how hard he worked to get where he is she should have contributed to it. I again am not trying be a jerk just odd to me.
    Iím sorry I keep agreeing with you, but I do. The first time Garth went to Nashville was by himself and he returned home in 23 hours. The next time he decided to give it a go Sandy went with him. Coincidence? No. Sandy had a HUGE part in Garth making it big. She is the one who lived in that rental house with other people, she was the one who worked at Cowtown Boots to try and make ends meet. She is the one who stayed with Garth when he cheated on her. (Since Garth was in love with Trisha even then, that should have been his clean break from the marriage. No kids were born yet either.) Sandy and Garth kept having children. He brought her on stage a few times and always gave Sandy love when he won an award. Then they amicably split, and about 8-10 years go by and all of a sudden Garth is not even acknowledging Sandy whatsoever. Now he refers to her as ďthe childrenís mother,Ē and rarely mentions her by name. I donít know if itís because Sandy didnít want to contribute to the book or the most likely scenario would be Trisha would throw a s**t fit.
    Lastly, Garth also dedicated a song to Sandy but didnít put on as big of a production about it because Sandy is not an attention seeking whore like Trisha is. That song was, ďSheí Every Woman.Ē
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Thank you for getting it. It blows my mind and makes me lose a little respect for Garth that he is doing her like that. I get they got divorced but it does not erase her. If she did not want to be apart of the book that’s fine but to act like she was not a big part of his success is a slap in her face and disrespectful. Why is Trisha involved so much in the book when she was hardly around during that time?

I heard that Sandy doesn't want ANYTHING to do with the Country Music scene anymore. So maybe he is just respecting her wishes? I wouldn't blame Garth or Trisha for this. They are both so nice, polite and respectful, it is hard to imagine them doing this out of spite. It makes much more sense that they are very respectful towards Sandy in leaving her out of it.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Sandy has lawyers and wants no part of the lime light. Out of sight, out of mind. Seems simple that GB would respect her wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    Thank you for getting it. It blows my mind and makes me lose a little respect for Garth that he is doing her like that. I get they got divorced but it does not erase her. If she did not want to be apart of the book that’s fine but to act like she was not a big part of his success is a slap in her face and disrespectful. Why is Trisha involved so much in the book when she was hardly around during that time?
    hmm- there are probably many reasons we don't know/won't know that are actual reasons for Sandy not being included in the book more, if we're honest. paying devil's advocate (not being a garth apologist here really...) how do we know that it's not just that Sandy asked not to be included in the book? If she asked not to be mentioned/included, the nI'm sure Garth probably would have (or his team, etc.) honored that request/wish. I would doubt that Garth has purposely "done her wrong like that".... not in a vindictive sense.

COULD this have to do with TY's feelings on it? sure.... but again... ehh- I think it's something not likely to be engaged in on a petty level by her either- she #1, "has the man" as it were, in garth. She has her place in his life, she's also busy w/ her own career. doesn't need to worry about Sandy.

just my thoughts. Of course there's no way to know the total truth unless one were to have been in the development/production of the book, or had an ear to Garth directly to get how he TRULY feels about the whole situation- some might say their divorce may not have been as "amicable" as you'd think... but that also, awful as it is to say it like this, is in the past...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Its true we don’t know the whole story and behind the scenes they may hate each other. I can see where sandy may be a little bitter but who knows. I just hate that she is not talked about more in the book.

So... I stopped by Walmart on Friday I lived to talk about it

Picked up the Live Anthology w/slipcase and in mint condition for $20.00.

They don't seem to be promoting it like Anthology 1 was, this was just a few books stacked in the book section, whereas Vol 1 had a huge cutout display and multiple rows of books in the book section.

I've skimmed through it but didn't have time to read it, plan on doing that this weekend. Heard the first few tracks off disc one of Triple Live, sounds better than Double Live so I got my money's worth just for those discs.

One thing I noticed about this slipcase is that it seems the "cover art" is pasted over a silver coated slip case (like the one done for Anthology) which seems odd. Is this a slip case done for Volume 2 then instead of being scrapped was it salvaged by just pasting the new cover over it or is it excess slipcases left over from Volume 1?

This is Garth's Butcher Cover it seems!

There are literally NO Limited Editions in store in SLC at any Walmarts, Targets, or Barnes & Nobles. Target's website shows it has the Limited Editions (with UPC 9781595910004) in store, but when you get there, it's just the regular edition (with UPC 9781595910394).

I finally decided today to just order from Amazon in the hopes that they actually send the Limited Edition. And boy am I glad I did!! Now I'm not sure whether or not this is just for Prime Members, or just a Cyber-Monday deal, but Amazon's page for the Limited Edition (link HERE) said in green text right below the price that the item had "2 applicable promotions."

When I clicked on that, the first promo said:

"Save an extra $3.14 at checkout.
    Save an extra $3.14 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
    "

This was an automatic promo.

But then the second promo said:

"Save $5.00 on orders $20.00+
    Use promo code NOVBOOK18 to save $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on Books offered by Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
    Used(Applicable for only once) See more products in this promotion
    "

So I clicked "redeem" on the second promo (which I guess can only be used once), added the book to my cart, and voila, the total price shipped was just $13.74!! What a steal!

Now, I just hope they actually send the Limited Edition!
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 11-26-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    There are literally NO Limited Editions in store in SLC at any Walmarts, Targets, or Barnes & Nobles. Target's website shows it has the Limited Editions (with UPC 9781595910004) in store, but when you get there, it's just the regular edition (with UPC 9781595910394).

I finally decided today to just order from Amazon in the hopes that they actually send the Limited Edition. And boy am I glad I did!! Now I'm not sure whether or not this is just for Prime Members, or just a Cyber-Monday deal, but Amazon's page for the Limited Edition (link HERE) said in green text right below the price that the item had "2 applicable promotions."

When I clicked on that, the first promo said:

"Save an extra $3.14 at checkout.
    Save an extra $3.14 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
    "

This was an automatic promo.

But then the second promo said:

"Save $5.00 on orders $20.00+
    Use promo code NOVBOOK18 to save $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on Books offered by Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
    Used(Applicable for only once) See more products in this promotion
    "

So I clicked "redeem" on the second promo (which I guess can only be used once), added the book to my cart, and voila, the total price shipped was just $13.74!! What a steal!

Now, I just hope they actually send the Limited Edition!
    YOU FRICKIN' ROCK! Just got it for $13.81 out the door. Thanks.

I got the same promotion ordering from amazon.com. I'm still waiting on the regular version but I started it last year so I may have to continue on with my trend of getting the regular and limited edition. €20 including postage to Ireland. Absolute steal. Thanks.

Crossing my fingers you guys get your books in great condition. The book I got from them was just insane, horrible packaging. AND no slip case lol.

Let me know your thoughts on the slipcases!

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    hmm- there are probably many reasons we don't know/won't know that are actual reasons for Sandy not being included in the book more, if we're honest. paying devil's advocate (not being a garth apologist here really...) how do we know that it's not just that Sandy asked not to be included in the book? If she asked not to be mentioned/included, the nI'm sure Garth probably would have (or his team, etc.) honored that request/wish. I would doubt that Garth has purposely "done her wrong like that".... not in a vindictive sense.

COULD this have to do with TY's feelings on it? sure.... but again... ehh- I think it's something not likely to be engaged in on a petty level by her either- she #1, "has the man" as it were, in garth. She has her place in his life, she's also busy w/ her own career. doesn't need to worry about Sandy.

just my thoughts. Of course there's no way to know the total truth unless one were to have been in the development/production of the book, or had an ear to Garth directly to get how he TRULY feels about the whole situation- some might say their divorce may not have been as "amicable" as you'd think... but that also, awful as it is to say it like this, is in the past...
    Yeah, I mentioned that one theory is that Sandy doesn’t want anything to do with the anthologies since there are no interviews or pictures of her in 3. And I still believe Trisha had a bug in Garth’s ear. Trisha has interview answers in the live anthology that make no sense why they even made the book. But so far, it’s a pretty decent read. I met Sandy about a month ago. We talked a very long time. She even gave me a hug. She pretty much hinted to me that she is in fact done with the spotlight. She said she is a very private person but when I asked for permission to post a photo of the two of us, she said absolutely! Post away! I asked her if she was sure, she said yes again. Sandy is so very sincere. It was an honor to meet her.
    I also met Allie and August. Allie and I talked most of the evening and I have her autograph!
    I’ve met Garth as well. Most humble man. He acted like he had known me forever. He’s not putting on a show. Of course, you guys know that. Trisha I have never met but hearing stories from people who have been around her...negative every time. That’s the perks of living in Oklahoma and having connections.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

+ Reply to Thread