+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Wouldn't have been that much of a problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ossipee, NH
    Posts
    414

    Wouldn't have been that much of a problem

    If he had not released the fan mix of Triple live with ticket master or Amazon and waited to release it in the anthology, then it wouldn't have been much of a problem to me and I am certain most of you too that he put double live and triple live in the anthology cos then triple live would be new to us.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

  2. #2
    I am waiting to buy it when it gets discounted leading into Christmas. Very underwhelming product and had potential to be the highlight of the Anthology if he did it right. This is literally a rehash of what we have.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    657
    Wouldn't surprise me if the photos in the book are from all the double live booklets and tv specials...
    I have very VERY little faith that he will ever give us real, live, candid and 'rare'.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    If he had not released the fan mix of Triple live with ticket master or Amazon and waited to release it in the anthology, then it wouldn't have been much of a problem to me and I am certain most of you too that he put double live and triple live in the anthology cos then triple live would be new to us.
    Same here. But I'm glad the series is continuing, I just hope the next volumes are more substantial than Volume 3. I really am looking forward to the one that spotlights Fresh Horses - Gunslinger.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,053
    Quote Originally Posted by AronP24 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if the photos in the book are from all the double live booklets and tv specials...
    I have very VERY little faith that he will ever give us real, live, candid and 'rare'.
    Nothing would surprise me about the project, knowing Garth's penchant for overproduction/controlling every aspect of how things look, etc. I would hope your'e wrong though ,Aron if I'm honest. I mean, there is some potential for good 'live, candid, and rare' material in the book, story wise. It seemed to me at least 1 pic. mentioned on ISG this week (the one w/ The Judds) isn't nec. from the special(s)....

    there is potential- just have to see if it'll show up..

    I'm more surprised by some of the blatantly negative criticisms. I'm not one to blindly support Garth- not by a long shot (that blind faith pillar with him has long since sailed) but I'm surprised that there's not more positivity in the project.. maybe we've overhyped things enough times since 2014 that we can't possibly be satisfied with whatever is released
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,581
    As a collector of his stuff, I'm happy about TL being included. I will open the book, anyways to read, so I'll have access to the CDs if I choose this version over fan mix. It also means I won't have to open an covers of TL when that comes out, just buy it and add to the collection of stuff!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I'm more surprised by some of the blatantly negative criticisms. I'm not one to blindly support Garth- not by a long shot (that blind faith pillar with him has long since sailed) but I'm surprised that there's not more positivity in the project.. maybe we've overhyped things enough times since 2014 that we can't possibly be satisfied with whatever is released
    I kind of agree. I think it is hard to please everybody, and the negativity is sometimes unfair and overboard. Like you, Iím not a ďblind faithĒ follower either. Fair criticism Iím all about.

    At the same time, I saw a lot of positivity around Anthology 1 and Triple Live. I was honestly pretty happy with both of these projects and I think some others were too.

    Not going to lie though, very disappointed that all the music in the Live Anthology is just rehashed.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,053
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Not going to lie though, very disappointed that all the music in the Live Anthology is just rehashed.
    I share that disappointment I think.. Trying to find a positive though ,at least we'll have a physical copy of TL.. I could have done w/o the rehashing of double live though- much as I love Garth's music I'm sick of that being pushed... it's over.. done wth- in the past (or it should be)

    Honestly though, it's right in line with what I'd expect to have happened (maybe that's sad?)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,531
    I generally try to stay positive. But there are times when I feel very taken advantage of as a fan. And this is just one of those times. I think the book will be super cool, and I'm super excited about it and happy to buy it. But I'm just so tired of Garth packaging a bunch of old stuff with everything new he sells for no other apparent reason than to pad his own RIAA numbers. In other words, I would much rather have bought just the book (with no CDs) for $15 than spend $25 to get the book plus 2 albums I already own multiple times over.

    I know that sounds negative, and I apologize for that. But Garth's quest for more RIAA "glory" is so blatantly transparent that it just ****es me off sometimes, especially since it's my dollars he's abusing to get it.

  10. #10
    Since has has come back, I have loved man against machine and Gunslinger, and the fan Mix of Triple Live has blown me away, it far exceeded my expectations.

    Yes with the anthology, my expectations were far too high, Ive gotten over how the cd side of it all is double live and triple live.

    For myself its the book that will make or break thing.

    Iver been back and forth watching the clip of Garth flipping thru the pages on Studio G.

    Two things caught my eye.

    1: The book is beautiful, it seems to be very picture originated which is brilliant, the layout also seems excellent, it's looks a class job and the type of
    Book that he could've charged much more for, it really looks good.

    2: Now there's going to be a lot of pictures in this thing, so I guess we ended up seeing just short of half a dozen as he was flicking thru the book. The pics we
    saw, I had seen them all before. (not saying this is going to be the case with the other 99% of the pics)

    I'm now hoping that at least 15-20% of the pics wouldve been previously unpublished.

    I also hope that the stories will be interesting and I learn something new.

    All I can say is with the layout of the book as he was flipping thru it, gives me so much hope, the book looks amazing, I hope the
    content lives up to the format of it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I generally try to stay positive. But there are times when I feel very taken advantage of as a fan. And this is just one of those times. I think the book will be super cool, and I'm super excited about it and happy to buy it. But I'm just so tired of Garth packaging a bunch of old stuff with everything new he sells for no other apparent reason than to pad his own RIAA numbers. In other words, I would much rather have bought just the book (with no CDs) for $15 than spend $25 to get the book plus 2 albums I already own multiple times over.

    I know that sounds negative, and I apologize for that. But Garth's quest for more RIAA "glory" is so blatantly transparent that it just ****es me off sometimes, especially since it's my dollars he's abusing to get it.
    I totally get where you are coming from and to be honest I think most of your criticism is very fair.

    I know we share a bond as enormous Metallica fans. When I look at what they have done with the deluxe box sets it makes me realize what could’ve been with something like the Live Anthology.

    I am excited about the book and I hope it delivers.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    119
    I think it would be cool if he would list all concerts year by year

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,581
    Called TL a rehash when it has never been released on CD is a plan and simple lie and an excuse to be negative. Tons of people did not d/l the fan mix.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Called TL a rehash when it has never been released on CD is a plan and simple lie and an excuse to be negative. Tons of people did not d/l the fan mix.
    Fair enough, I would say though, he originally said, the Live Anthology will be based on his touring before retirement. Things do change, and we have the
    two live cds, DL/TL, where perhaps before we werent expecting it to include Triple Live.

    It does appear TL is the fan mix version, obviously the stand alone version is going to have a ton more songs.

    Again, its now the book for me that will make it and not the CD's of the AR thing, and judging by what i saw on studio G,
    the book is perfectly done, I just want previously unseen photos of concert footage and a lot of them!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Called TL a rehash when it has never been released on CD is a plan and simple lie and an excuse to be negative. Tons of people did not d/l the fan mix.
    I assume this is aimed at me. Not sure how it is a lie or being negative. I actually praised Anthology 1 and Triple Live. According to the dictionary the definition of rehash is: “put old ideas or material into a new form without significant change or improvement.” Putting it on CD, by definition, makes it a rehash.

    To prove I’m not being negative I can concede there might be good reason to put Triple Live in Anthology. That still leaves half the material as rehashed.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,581
    It was an in general statement. I just get tired of the negativity here sometimes. I didn't mention DL, I also feel it's over done being in the Anthology, maybe one CD of his favorites off DL instead.
    Never the less, it's about his live shows, kinda makes sense to include all his live releases with it.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,053
    Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I think it would be cool if he would list all concerts year by year
    That would be very nice, for record keeping/logging collections, etc..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,053
    Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Called TL a rehash when it has never been released on CD is a plan and simple lie and an excuse to be negative. Tons of people did not d/l the fan mix.
    that is true, there are those who didn't...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts