+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Diamond Series

The Diamond Series

Okay thought I would start a thread for it, if that's okay.

Im guessing release date will be April 2019, the 30th anniversary of him as
    an artist.

What will it be, I think it's a safe bet it will contain all his albums that have gone
    Diamond.

Plus, there will be House keeping versions on the discs thrown in for good measure.

I dont think there will be a book or a DVD component.

For me it depends on how many housekeeping songs that are on, if I will buy it or not.

I think it will be an exclusive to Amazon.

Do you think it will have DL in the series?

I think without a doubt it will have DL in it.

It will be his seven albums that went diamond, plus a disc of housekeeping songs!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I think without a doubt it will have DL in it.

It will be his seven albums that went diamond, plus a disc of housekeeping songs!
    I very much agree that if it is celebrating his Diamond certified albums it will definitely have Double Live. I donít think we will get an extra disc of housekeeping songs. I hope we get a few bonus tracks on each disc (if we get lucky).

Do you think The Chase and In Pieces might make it with an announcement that they were certified Diamond?

But do you guys see him also re-releasing The Hits and The Ultimate Hits again, at the same time? And if he does, would you feel cheated by his going back on the promise to limit The Hits to 10 million and the sticker on the latest version of TUH that said “Final Printing”?

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Do you think The Chase and In Pieces might make it with an announcement that they were certified Diamond?
    Yeah, there was a clear push to get units moved on those 2 albums.

Iím not fully convinced this will be a box set of his Diamond albums, but I think that is the likeliest scenario.

As I mentioned above, I am not fully convinced that the Diamond Series is going to be a box set of his Diamond albums. Look, I do agree that it does make some sense because he is the first artist in history to score 7 Diamond albums and there was, of course, a huge concert and celebration when he reached that milestone. However, I think there are some logical hurdles that I'm trying to wrap my brain around.

The first issue is that three of his Diamond albums are basically greatest hits albums - The Hits, The Ultimate Hits and Double Live. If he releases a box set with all of his Diamond albums there will be several songs that show up in the set as many as 4 TIMES!!!! For the songs in the box 4 times, 3 of those times would just be the same studio version. Look, I know Garth has no problem selling us music he has sold us over and over again, but would he really put that many songs that are repeating in a set that many times? I guess it's possible, but I'm not sure even he would do that. Then there is the issue of him putting Double Live in the Anthology and basically releasing it once again a few months later.

The other issue I have is with the albums left out. Let's assume The Chase and In Pieces get a Diamond certification between now and then and that leaves Fresh Horses and Scarecrow of his pre-retirement albums out of the box. To me this is odd especially when you consider that they are not readily available in physical format much of anywhere. In essence he'd be leaving out 2 studio albums, but having several songs appear in the box 4 TIMES! To me that just seems completely illogical.

The final thing is to this point The Chase and In Pieces aren't certified Diamond. I know they are both probably very close, but what if he needs them in a box to get them over the hump. The only place where they could've gained "sales" in recent years is the Amazon promotion because they haven't been available anywhere. Sometimes we forget how hard it is to move large amounts of units because Garth's numbers are so big, but those units have to come from somewhere. Did he move that many units in the free promotion? Possible, but who knows.

I just have a gut feeling this is going to be something a little out of the box and not just a rehash of these 7-9 albums. (Just to be clear, this isn't me saying he's going to clean out the vault. I fully expect a rehash of some sort.) I just have a hard time believing he would totally neglect 2 studio albums while putting some songs on there over and over and over again literally.

I've been wrong before and probably am this time too HA!
    Last edited by rhd13; 10-26-2018 at 01:35 AM.

Maybe a diamond boxset without the hits/dl/Ultimate hits.

So that would leave Garth Brooks,No Fences, Ropin' the wind ,Sevens.

Plus the chase and In Pieces if they certified 10 Million before it.

Or maybe its something else completely.

I mean he's done the first anthology and the second anthology, so it wont be more live stuff.

He did the blame it on my roots boxset, which was of covers.

The GB Collection was basically songs just rearranged on different discs.

He has mention house keeping may be on it, but his plans couldve changed.

Im just not sure waht could be on this thing.

All Im thinking it will be in conjunction with his 30th anniversary as an artist in april.

Could it be every studio album hes ever done?

Perhaps the word "Diamond" has nothing to do with the RIAA thing.

I still say if he did vinyl, release The Hits as tribute to the CD. I know know the Masters are buried but all 18 songs have been remastered and released and it never was on vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Could it be every studio album hes ever done?

Perhaps the word "Diamond" has nothing to do with the RIAA thing.
    I'm thinking you may be on to something here. Obviously, it is entirely possible that the Diamond Series has to do with the Diamond albums, but....what if it doesn't? What if that is just an assumption we have all made and it is just a box, or literally a series of re-releases he is just calling the Diamond Series. He did entitle two box sets The Limited Series.

I just have this gut feeling that the Diamond Series is going to be a re-release of either his first 8, or all 10, of his studio albums. They haven't been available anywhere physically for a long time. They've basically been out of print. I think the Diamond Series is either going to be a box set, or a series of releases, of his past albums. I suspect they will have a few bonus tracks (like demos or maybe even a song he recorded at the time and didn't release) and potentially a house cleaning cut or two from that particular album. He has mentioned releasing some housecleaning stuff on this project yet I'm not sure how he's going to go about doing that. I just hope he actually follows through with that because I have a hard time believing he's going to put acoustic snippets on a release, but we shall see. (Don't get me wrong, I REALLY hope he does.)

I know you mentioned Garth celebrating his 30th anniversary and that is a big one to celebrate, but to my knowledge he's not made a huge deal about that at all. I think he might have mentioned it in passing a time or two. Being the "hype machine" that he is if he was going to have some big release in conjunction with it (like the Diamond Series) I just think he would have said a lot more about it. That could change, but its only 6 months away and little has been said so far.

I'm not convinced we are getting the Diamond Series before this time next year. We know we have Triple Live, a new album, and another chapter of the Anthology next year. Is he going to squeeze the Diamond Series in there too? He did say there was an Amazon promotion coming with Triple Live. I guess the Diamond Series and Triple Live could be bundled together, but if that happens what does that do to the release of a new album? Historically, Garth doesn't release much except for around the holidays so I'm going to be shocked if he releases Triple Live, a new album and the Diamond Series before Black Friday next year.
    Last edited by rhd13; 10-26-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I'm thinking you may be on to something here. Obviously, it is entirely possible that the Diamond Series has to do with the Diamond albums, but....what if it doesn't? What if that is just an assumption we have all made and it is just a box, or literally a series of re-releases he is just calling the Diamond Series. He did entitle two box sets The Limited Series.

I just have this gut feeling that the Diamond Series is going to be a re-release of either his first 8, or all 10, of his studio albums. They haven't been available anywhere physically for a long time. They've basically been out of print. I think the Diamond Series is either going to be a box set, or a series of releases, of his past albums. I suspect they will have a few bonus tracks (like demos or maybe even a song he recorded at the time and didn't release) and potentially a house cleaning cut or two from that particular album. He has mentioned releasing some housecleaning stuff on this project yet I'm not sure how he's going to go about doing that. I just hope he actually follows through with that because I have a hard time believing he's going to put acoustic snippets on a release, but we shall see. (Don't get me wrong, I REALLY hope he does.)

I know you mentioned Garth celebrating his 30th anniversary and that is a big one to celebrate, but to my knowledge he's not made a huge deal about that at all. I think he might have mentioned it in passing a time or two. Being the "hype machine" that he is if he was going to have some big release in conjunction with it (like the Diamond Series) I just think he would have said a lot more about it. That could change, but its only 6 months away and little has been said so far.

I'm not convinced we are getting the Diamond Series before this time next year. We know we have Triple Live, a new album, and another chapter of the Anthology next year. Is he going to squeeze the Diamond Series in there too? He did say there was an Amazon promotion coming with Triple Live. I guess the Diamond Series and Triple Live could be bundled together, but if that happens what does that do to the release of a new album? Historically, Garth doesn't release much except for around the holidays so I'm going to be shocked if he releases Triple Live, a new album and the Diamond Series before Black Friday next year.
    I think your right, in terms of the time line, a lot of projects coming up, we may only get a couple of things next year. Which
    is probably a good thing, every project should have their own time to breath.

It all just makes me wonder what will given the priority and what will be pushed back. All Day Long came out in June. If Triple Live is delayed, and if the Diamond Series is coming, then when will the new album come? Next Fall? Spring 2020?? Or, (gasp), Fall 2020???

I sincerely hope that new music will be given the priority over a re-re-re-re-re-re-re-release of the first 6-7 albums!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    It all just makes me wonder what will given the priority and what will be pushed back. All Day Long came out in June. If Triple Live is delayed, and if the Diamond Series is coming, then when will the new album come? Next Fall? Spring 2020?? Or, (gasp), Fall 2020???

I sincerely hope that new music will be given the priority over a re-re-re-re-re-re-re-release of the first 6-7 albums!!!!
    Agree. Wondering how this all plays out. The positive side of me says at least we know weíve got a lot of stuff coming. I am a fan of a few bands that do nothing so Iíll take an overload of stuff, even if some is rehashed, over nothing any day.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Agree. Wondering how this all plays out. The positive side of me says at least we know we’ve got a lot of stuff coming. I am a fan of a few bands that do nothing so I’ll take an overload of stuff, even if some is rehashed, over nothing any day.
    True, I'm excited that it's all coming. I'm just curious how and when.

He will drop the anthology in November, new album next year and also has TL to drop next year along with diamond. Now if he was smart and wanted to give his fans what they want he would drop anthology in November, put out TL with a bonus CD of all house cleaning songs (cover songs) and then drop new album and the diamond would be a box set of all albums with DVD of all public appearances and concerts with extra CD of vault songs or more house cleaning.

Now we already know whatís going to happen
    - Anthology out in November with DL and TL
    - New album out early next year (might get 2 singles out of it)
    - TL released next year as stand alone album with 18 different covers
    - diamond box set released with all albums including DL and TL and we will get 2 new songs on it

I still however wonder if he plans to drop new album or if he will release a new song every 3 months and once album singles are done he will drop album. He talked about this one time

+ Reply to Thread