+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Hunt for The Garth Tapes

The Hunt for The Garth Tapes

On October 1st 2018, Billboard announced the
    released date of Garth Brooks's Live Anthology.

On October 15th 2018, Amazon announced the
    details of Garth's Live Anthology.

The five audio discs will be DOUBLE LIVE AND
    TRIPLE LIVE.

So in Garth's Live anthology, he hasn't included any
    raw stuff or neat stuff or slick stuff or the stuff that
    people like, he has once again using a release to
    repackaged previously released material.

IMHO, Garth has missed the boat big time, because
    he has failed to include what's in his Master Vault,
    and that is what the fans are looking for.

Since Garth hasn't released what's in his Vault, I'm
    on a mission.

I am on the Hunt for the Holy Grail of Garth Brooks
    footage.

That is footage from his 1993/1994 world tour. I'm not
    talking about his network TV specials or The tonight
    show appearances.

In 1993/1994 the documentary film crew, The Dream
    Chasers filmed everyone of his European concerts,
    every one of his Australian concerts and his New
    Zealand concert, they had over 200 hours of
    footage, which they cut down to 45 minutes for the
    Trying to rope the world TV special.

The un-aired footage still exists, it's believed that Garth
    Brooks owns the right to this.

Also a group called "Crazy Duck Productions" filmed
    some of Garth Brooks's USA shows, Garth is also
    believed to now have the rights to that footage.

It's been strongly rumored that Garth's people also
    filmed various concerts during his heyday of the
    early 90's.

I'm desperately seeking this footage, it's been 24
    years, and yet concerts outside of his TV specials
    have never been seen, I say it's about time they're.

So if you know of any place you can view these
    historical concerts, please let me know.

Of course any concert done in the 21st century will
    be on social media sites, all you have to do is go
    to youtube and you will find various clips of them.

The Dream Chaser videos and Crazy Duck videos
    must be somewhere, it's time to share them with
    the world, I'm not talking about doing anything
    that is illegal, I'm talking about sharing clips
    on video sharing sites from these concerts, as
    I said it's been 24 years, and these concerts show
    the passion and the total wildness of what Garth's
    concerts were truly like in the early-mid 90's.

As Garth comes into the last part of his career,
    these clips for sure are part of musical History
    and need to be seen by a new generation of
    music lovers, to give a TRUE account of what
    Garth did in the 90's.

They just have to be seen . So please take part
    in searching for them. Email country music
    websites and Journalists, do research, dig deep,
    so hopefully one day the whole world can have
    a deep library of Garth Brooks footage, the world's greatest
    entertainer.

If Garth owns them, they may as well be under Mt Everest.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    If Garth owns them, they may as well be under Mt Everest.
    Well it was a kiwi that first climb Mt Everest, so perhaps a Kiwi can uncover what in his vault. :-)

Agree though, Im surehe has it locked away tight.

Some guy uploaded a clip to twitter of Garth Brooks In ireland. from 1994 at a venue called the point,
    He said in his tweet he snuck in a camcorder.

The clip is 2.30 seconds long.

https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status...76349796352002

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Some guy uploaded a clip to twitter of Garth Brooks In ireland. from 1994 at a venue called the point,
    He said in his tweet he snuck in a camcorder.

The clip is 2.30 seconds long.

https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status...76349796352002
    He actually uploaded video clips of this concert before. Not just a few seconds, whole songs. I think I got all the concert in parts. I downloaded them while I could.

It's this same guy who also had a clip from beyond the walls, is that what it's called? I sent him a message asking if he would share and he said he would send on a DVD but he never did.

Well its been a bit over a month, and I found nothing, just that one clip from Killian. :-(

So my hunt is over, I tried russain file sharing sites, korean file sharing sites, German youtube type sites,
    used different search engines, eg: duckduckgo.

Hell I even emailed my own country's main news network asking for news footage, I searched I searched I searched and nothing came up.

The guy at Dream Chasers didnt answer, the crazy duck people didnt answer, Killanm2 didnt answer.

Sad thing is you can find anything on video/files sharing sites, pearl jam shows from New Zealand, nearly ever show Metallica ever did,heck I can find shows
    that artists did way back in the 70's that werent even televised.

But the Holy grail I couldn't.

Wouldnt thought someone, somewhere wouldve put a copy of something up on the internet.

So the Hunt is over.

At least I tried!

That Killanm2 just got back to me.

I had search on twitter, and found an clip he post on april 2nd, he
    said hes going to post another clip on twitter, anyway here is the
    Third verse from Friends in Low places from the point in 1994.

https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status/980427788233699330

He has though taken down the clip of If Tomorrow Never comes from twitter.

If Garth owns the rights to something he's going to make sure it's not released until he wants it to be. You might see it has a compilation someday but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    He actually uploaded video clips of this concert before. Not just a few seconds, whole songs. I think I got all the concert in parts. I downloaded them while I could.

It's this same guy who also had a clip from beyond the walls, is that what it's called? I sent him a message asking if he would share and he said he would send on a DVD but he never did.
    Was Beyond the walls a longer version of "Trying to rope the world?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Beyond the walls? have never heard of that one...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Beyond the walls? have never heard of that one...
    I think, but I may be wrong, its a longer version of Trying to Rope the world, that just aired in Ireland, I
    think it may of contained more concert footage than Trying to rope the world.

Well got an email from our main Television station here in New Zealand, in a few weeks they may put up Garth News clips from his 1994 NZ concert on their archive page.
    They have to get copywrite sorted out though.

Ive copied this from a pdf they sent me, it shows how they covered Garth on his 1994 concert here.

TZP147922
    006:02 1994
    Excerpt of music video of Garth Brooks singing "Standing Outside The Fire" and part one of two part live interview with the singer who is currently on New Zealand tour.
    00:11:22 EXCERPT MUSIC VIDEO Garth Brooks singing "Standing Outside The Fire", the country singer is currently on New Zealand tour.
    I/V Garth Brooks, country singer, talking about his music, career and sings one of his songs.
    I/V Garth Brooks re his song "Standing Outside The Fire". I/V Garth Brooks re his career, performing in front of an audience.
    I/V Garth Brooks re country music and being popular in places as far away as New Zealand.
    GVs Garth Brooks playing guitar singing song. I/V Garth Brooks re his wife and family are very important.
    END

Part two of two part live studio interview with Garth Brooks, country music star on tour in New Zealand.
    00:17:25
    I/V Garth Brooks, country music star on tour in New Zealand, re reason for choosing to tour New Zealand.
    I/V Garth Brooks re fan letters.
    I/V Garth Brooks re singer George Jones his hero, couldn't sing with George Jones in the studio.
    I/V Garth Brooks re met his wife when he was a bouncer. I/V Garth Brooks re his music.
    I/V Garth Brooks re his family being top priority.
    GVs Garth Brooks playing guitar and singing song. 00:21:30 END.

TZP147926
    000:33 1994
    Country singer Garth Brooks in Auckland for one New Zealand concert signed autographs and met fans in record shop. (RVO)
    00:08:19 NIGHT SHOT Garth Brooks, country singer, signing autographs in Auckland record shop as fans queue to meet the star. 00:08:52 END.
    Precis
    YearDuration
    Prod Co.
    PRIMETIME - BROOKS

21.23 Profile: Garth Brooks country musician by Marcus Lush.
    I/V Garth Brooks and his music INTERSPERSED MUSIC VIDEOS re garth brooks
    end

TZP148042
    001:36 1994
    Auckland concert-goers attend USA country singer Garth Brooks one concert at Mount Smart Stadium, attended by fan Val Jones who got complimentary tickets from Garth Brooks.
    00:07:15 NIGHT SHOTS GVs concert-goer wears cowboy Stetson hat arriving at Mount Smart Super Top for Garth Brooks concert which also features his sister Betsy Brooks on guitar.
    NIGHT SHOT MWS Val Jones in a wheelchair wearing cowboy hat arriving at concert. I/V Val Jones, fan, re complimentary ticket from Garth Brooks.
    GVs Garth Brooks on stage and sister Betsy Brooks playing guitar.
    I/V Betsy Brooks, guitarist, re I've got the guitar for it.
    WS Garth Brooks singing on stage. I/V Val Jones re happy.
    GVs Garth Brooks singing on stage.
    00:08:51 END.

TZP148060
    003:31 1994
    Paul Holmes meets with Garth Brooks after his New Zealand concert and gives him presents to take home to his family.
    00:53:48 GVs country music star Garth Brooks on stage performing in New Zealand concert.
    I/V Garth Brooks re enjoyed concert here, people here have very good manners.
    MCUs PRESENTER Paul Holmes giving Garth Brooks presents for himself and his family.
    I/V Garth Brooks re if take holiday soon would like to take it here, New Zealanders are special.
    00:57:19 END.

Well it doesnt appear TVNZ got the rights. Since they havent uploaded it to their page.

https://www.ngataonga.org.nz/collect...arth+Brooks%22

So the hunt is still on, if anyone has crazyduckproduction clips or dreamchaser clips, I would appreciate it
    posting them here.

Now that Garth is about to start another tour, I think it would be cool, to have a history (outside of his tv performances) of
    his performances.

Anything since coming out of retirement will be avaiable thanks to social media, its the early stuff that is of course, hard to find.

From crazyduckproductions: you all do have the rock version of The Dance right? As die hards in here, I’m most certain everyone does and you’re laughing at me for even asking that question.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by LostSessions View Post
    From crazyduckproductions: you all do have the rock version of The Dance right? As die hards in here, I’m most certain everyone does and you’re laughing at me for even asking that question.
    lol- not laughing here at ya sessions- some may not have it... (but yeah, I do have it- quite the nice version of the dance actually)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

lol- not laughing here at ya sessions- some may not have it... (but yeah, I do have it- quite the nice version of the dance actually)
    I knew it! The version I have is very nice as well. A friend helped me out and now that version is in my iTunes library.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

The Irish guy on twitter has posted quite a few clips on Twitter from the depot in ireland in 1994!!!!!!!!!!

I cant beleive it!!! This is awesome!!

https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status...05157103575041
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 04-09-2019 at 06:15 AM.

The Irish guy on twitter has posted quite a few clips on Twitter from the depot in ireland in 1994!!!!!!!!!!

I cant beleive it!!! This is awesome!!

https://twitter.com/KillianM2/status...05157103575041

What's She's Doing Now is a song that NEVER fails to give me chills, great find!

Not that rare, but Old, Garth interview in 1999 about spring training.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wPDOq_dhcg

Quote Originally Posted by LostSessions View Post
    From crazyduckproductions: you all do have the rock version of The Dance right? As die hards in here, Iím most certain everyone does and youíre laughing at me for even asking that question.
    I've heard this version, and have been looking for it for quite some time. Can anyone send this to me??

Im still looking, but no more luck so far.

The tapes are out there somewhere.

Am I wasting my time?

Am I like the blind man in the dark room looking for the black cat, that isn't there.

Am I wasting my time?

Am I like the blind man in the dark room looking for the black cat, that isn't there.
    Honestly, I don't think you will ever find them. I have a lot of "unofficial" audio/video recordings of some of my favorite artists and know of several sites where you can find those kind of things. I have NEVER seen these videos anywhere. I seriously doubt those are "out there". I'm sure those companies signed non-disclosure types of agreements and they will never see the light of day unless Garth wants them to.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Honestly, I don't think you will ever find them. I have a lot of "unofficial" audio/video recordings of some of my favorite artists and know of several sites where you can find those kind of things. I have NEVER seen these videos anywhere. I seriously doubt those are "out there". I'm sure those companies signed non-disclosure types of agreements and they will never see the light of day unless Garth wants them to.
    I'm inclined to agree with Ryan.. Brett, I don't think you will find them- I know my collection does contain A/V items from Garth in that time period.. I suppose you could say that some of the materials in my collection fall into your desired area, but the two companies that you keep mentioning... I dont' think they're around anymore.. If they are, I don't think they'll be releasing any footage. I remember Crazy duck productions... I think there may have even been someone on PG who was with them, back in the day. (the time of the release of the 'rock and roll' version of the dance soundcheck clip)..

Don't nec. think it's some big conspiracy thing, it's just that companies aren't releasing stuff, , or as Ryan said its no longer 'out there' "in the wild"

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I'm inclined to agree with Ryan.. Brett, I don't think you will find them- I know my collection does contain A/V items from Garth in that time period.. I suppose you could say that some of the materials in my collection fall into your desired area, but the two companies that you keep mentioning... I dont' think they're around anymore.. If they are, I don't think they'll be releasing any footage. I remember Crazy duck productions... I think there may have even been someone on PG who was with them, back in the day. (the time of the release of the 'rock and roll' version of the dance soundcheck clip)..

Don't nec. think it's some big conspiracy thing, it's just that companies aren't releasing stuff, , or as Ryan said its no longer 'out there' "in the wild"
    yeah I think its a safe bet that Dream Chasers/Crazy duck productions would never release any of the material.

I think Crazy Duck Productions are still around, they do file footage for news organizations.

The head guy for Dream chasers is is now high up at Sony. (not the record label division) but their high end cameras division.

What i found in doing searches was basically the 200 hours that dream chasers had of footage now belongs to Garth and is in his
    master vault.

Im guessing the same goes for Crazy duck productions.

Im pretty sure that people for those companies would have some footage, and I think its almost a fact that
    someone from those groups wouldve known a Garth fan, and probably said "Hey dont show this to anyone, but heres clip from
    Garth in arizona in 1993"???

Also crazy duck put those clips on youtube over a decade ago and then took it down after being asked by Garth.

Im pretty sure someone must have those clips.

Ive also seen clips from the time period, but those are from old interviews that are rare and performances like from Farm Aid, etc etc etc.

But nothing so far from that touring period outside the tv specials rom 1993/1994. (apart from three of four clips that were filmed by that guy who snuck in a cam corder
    to depot)

For me its always been the fact, that it was filmed, and it does exist. But yeah I dont think i will ever find it.

All we know is that this footage exists, but its certainely not going around main stream sites on the internet.

Keep searching. That is what makes collecting fun. Let people know what you are looking for and you may get lucky.

If Garth would quit being a jerk about YouTube people would post old videos they have. I was 15 and saw Garth at a fair in linn county Kansas. The guy in front of me (two rows from stage) had a camcorder and filmed the entire concert. Would love to see that video

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    If Garth would quit being a jerk about YouTube people would post old videos they have. I was 15 and saw Garth at a fair in linn county Kansas. The guy in front of me (two rows from stage) had a camcorder and filmed the entire concert. Would love to see that video
    I'd love to see that video too!!

I understand to an extent his reluctance to put stuff on YouTube, but at the same point it is off-putting to some of his fanbase!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread