+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Hunt for The Garth Tapes

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    If Garth would quit being a jerk about YouTube people would post old videos they have. I was 15 and saw Garth at a fair in linn county Kansas. The guy in front of me (two rows from stage) had a camcorder and filmed the entire concert. Would love to see that video
    Yeah regardless of what his issues with YouTube are, I would say that not having his videos and songs on there is almost worse in this day and age than not being on iTunes. But hey, it's Garth! I guess he'd rather his songwriters get a larger percentage of nothing.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Yeah regardless of what his issues with YouTube are, I would say that not having his videos and songs on there is almost worse in this day and age than not being on iTunes. But hey, it's Garth! I guess he'd rather his songwriters get a larger percentage of nothing.
    Hey hey, much more of nothing ............... is still nothing

Love Garth and his music but his 21st century and technological awareness seems so stunted and dionosaur-like at times.. (despite his "reasons") which have seemingly been debunked before by others)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Keep searching. That is what makes collecting fun. Let people know what you are looking for and you may get lucky.
    Thank you. I will keep searching. Who knows one day I might find something.a

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    If Garth would quit being a jerk about YouTube people would post old videos they have. I was 15 and saw Garth at a fair in linn county Kansas. The guy in front of me (two rows from stage) had a camcorder and filmed the entire concert. Would love to see that video
    Wow that would be brilliant.

You click on this link for Garth Brooks Beyond the walls at youtube, and it comes up with Video is private, sign in if you have permission to view it?? Of course when
    I sign in, it comes up Video is private. Anyone knows who put this l up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgSVOZKYotU

They have to make it public.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    They have to make it public.
    Oh, that explains it.

Well no Luck so far, but in the meantime, enjoy these clips on youtube that I uploaded of Swedish Poet Troyal Gaines in Dublin in 1994. I didnt film this, I have never been to dublin, I just had these
    on my hard drive. Anyway, enjoy.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5-...jEnl6RA/videos

Well in my little social experiment, the videos havent been taken down under the name, Troyal Gaines, Im going to change the title of the clips and see what happens.

The only message thing I got from youtube was a message, that the video appears to be a third party, but may contain copywrite material, but it doesnt violate the terms of youtube, etc etc.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-10-2019 at 09:12 PM.

If I linked to these on the PG Facebook page, I think they would get zapped- fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    If I linked to these on the PG Facebook page, I think they would get zapped- fast.
    I actually posted a message there, cant remember if I posted it saying swedish poet Troyal Gaines or Garth Brooks, I just linked it to my youtube page.

I think the reason why it wasnt zapped, was the quality wasnt good, and youtube read it, as someone else doing Garth covers.

Would you like me to link it?

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Would you like me to link it?
    cool, cheers, that would be great.

downloaded your videos, just in case... (well the garth ones)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    downloaded your videos, just in case... (well the garth ones)
    yeah I have them saved on my hard drive. :-)

One video has been taken down, I now have a copywrite strike thing, (from pearl records) I guess I shouldve kept it as "Troyal Gaines"

Not sure if I should leave the others up, Im kinda guessing its a automated thing, I dont mind losing my youtube account, since its not a big thing I do,
    and I can always start another.

Garth Brooks you may be right from 1990. Black gold festival. I havent seen this particualr clip before, but seen others from the same concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yCemBzUuWk

Take me out to the ball park, take me out to the game...

STRIKE TWO FROM YOUTUBE.

I have decided to take the rest down,instead of losing my youtube account.

So the hunt continues, im sure someone must be uploading rare garth stuff somewhere.

I dont think youtube is going to turn up with any classics though.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-12-2019 at 06:02 PM.

well at least I tried uploading stuff myself. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Take me out to the ball park, take me out to the game...

STRIKE TWO FROM YOUTUBE.

I have decided to take the rest down,instead of losing my youtube account.
    That's probably the best idea. Wasn't really the best idea to flaunt it to them perhaps. not only do they take it down and you get strikes, but now you're kinda 'on the radar' for them now- I know it's automated but still, people can read reports..

glad I got your garth stuff while I did in case I dint' have any of it..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    That's probably the best idea. Wasn't really the best idea to flaunt it to them perhaps. not only do they take it down and you get strikes, but now you're kinda 'on the radar' for them now- I know it's automated but still, people can read reports..

glad I got your garth stuff while I did in case I dint' have any of it..
    Cool you got them!!! If I find any other Garth stuff anywhere, I will look for other sites to uploaded it to.

Strange when i think about, I had originally uploaded it with file names like "Swedish Poet" and "Troyal Gaines Poetry reading in Dublin" and about 12 hours later I got ther
    message from youtube saying that UGB Publishing is saying the video may contain a third party singing copywrite materiel. But the video was okay.

When I decided, "well, I didnt put it up on youtube for people not to see it" and I changed the file names To garth Brooks Dublin Ireland 1994" etc etc. That's when I
    got another message from youtube, THIS TIME stating that PEARL RECORDS, has made a copywrite claim and the file hasd been deleted and I have a copywrite strike.

Anyway, The Hunt goes on!!

Mods please delete message. tried to do a link to another site, but videos failed to upload.

WOW! Love the dance video. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by fences2312 View Post
    WOW! Love the dance video. Thank you.
    Cheers.

Well I have started a facebook page also, for people to upload their rare Garth Brooks's videos.

Fingers crossed, a few Gems will show up.

https://www.facebook.com/RareGarthVideos

No ones added videos to my Rare Garth Videos facebook page.

This is a lonely hunt. I feel like Im fraiser on that cheers episode, Im the only one snipe hunting.

+ Reply to Thread