+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grrrrrr

Grrrrrr

So yesterday a radio station in New Zealand said they have a major concert announcement for
    today, the station plays pop/soft rock and some country, didnt want to say anything before, cuz
    I didnt want to jink it, I was hoping for a certain someone.

It ended up being The eagles, with special guest Vince Gill.

I cant stand Vince Gill, of all the country singers to come here, it had to be him!!

So in the past two years we have had Keith Urban/Carrie Underwood/Dixie Chicks/Vince Gill
    plus all the older guys who were around in the 70's.

Yet the one we want just hasnt been able to make it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    So yesterday a radio station in New Zealand said they have a major concert announcement for
    today, the station plays pop/soft rock and some country, didnt want to say anything before, cuz
    I didnt want to jink it, I was hoping for a certain someone.
    A. You jinxed it by not saying anything.

B. There's no such thing as a jinx, and the chance that it was going to be Garth were Zero to begin with.

Seriously though, you see what a big deal Garth makes out of everything. The chances he would not be involved and have a big press conference to announce shows down under are slim to none, and slim has left the building.

Plus, he has to make an announcement about when he's going to make an announcement about the date he's going to have a major announcement.
    Last edited by SoCalGarthFan; 10-04-2018 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post

B. There's no such thing as a jinx, and the chance that it was going to be Garth were Zero to begin with.

Seriously though, you see what a big deal Garth makes out of everything. The chances he would not be involved and have a big press conference to announce shows down under are slim to none, and slim has left the building.

Plus, he has to make an announcement about when he's going to make an announcement about the date he's going to have a major announcement.
    Haha, True. One can only hope, one day.

In all seriousness, you really need to calm down about this. I'm not trying to be the enemy here, but I am saying that you're just setting yourself up for more disappointments.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post

very true. While I'm not a fan of Vince Gill myself either, for a 'soft rock station that plays some country' as Brett put it, The Eagles with Vince Gill would be a 'major' announcement to some.

If Garth were going to come there would have been bells, whistles, a circus, not to mention some press coverage talked about here and other places

. not to mention, he's gotta announce that this 'announcement' will happen 'soon'

busting some chops I know, but 'outcast' said it really well (honestly)

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast
    In all seriousness, you really need to calm down about this. I'm not trying to be the enemy here, but I am saying that you're just setting yourself up for more disappointments.
    . very true point.. I don't think honestly tat anyone's trying to be a killjoy, or be an enemy..

The constant jumping (seemingly) at every single announcement for Garth POSSIBLY going to New Zealand, or Ireland, etc.. is just a bit well, in need of a rest.

The best way to put it/say it is 'it'll happen when it happens'... That's how I at least, had to end up looking at Garth's ever coming back... Garth loves the people, if he's able he'll make it back..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

True fair enough points , Im guilty as charged, but at least for a few hours if they say "A major concert announcement" then it doesnt hurt to have ya hopes up,
    I wouldn't even done this post if "Vince Gill" wasn't coming, if the announcement was just the eagles or a rock band.

Hasn't he been like an unofficial member for quite a while now? I honestly don't follow the Eagles but I remember hearing years ago he was filling in for the member that passed away?!

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Hasn't he been like an unofficial member for quite a while now? I honestly don't follow the Eagles but I remember hearing years ago he was filling in for the member that passed away?!
    Both he and Glenn Frey's son Deacon are filling in for him. Started all the way back in 2017.

Aw, thanks, I knew I wasn't completely crazy and remembered something about Vince and the Eagles!

+ Reply to Thread