+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Brooks 2019 Tour

Garth Brooks 2019 Tour

So, what I think it will be...

Wont be a huge tour as he said.

Iconic College Stadiums in the USA, spread out.

The odd festival in the USA.

I will think he will do concerts in Canada.

I think he will do concerts in Ireland.

No chance that he will do concerts in other European countries or Australia
    or New Zealand.

I think though he will say he wants to play here and there in Europe, but it will just
    be talk unfortunately.

The concerts itself??? Maybe slightly different.

Just my guesses really.

Trish Yearwood Announcement Tomorrow

Trisha Yearwood just posted this on Facebook: Garth isn't the only one with friends in Irish places! I have a big announcement on #TsCoffeeTalk tomorrow morning at 10:10am ET!!! xoxo

Garth shared the post and added... Oh, this is going to be GOOD!!!! I'm crashing coffee talk for this one!!! The Queen makes EVERYTHING better!!!! love, g

Any ideas what this means?? ND or Ireland? could be either I suppose!

I don't see why she would just announce an Irish tour and not other countries as well. Or does she follow Garth's rules as well where she announces cities one at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I don't see why she would just announce an Irish tour and not other countries as well. Or does she follow Garth's rules as well where she announces cities one at a time?
    I think it's more likely to be something for ND or she could be heading over here for Country 2 Country.

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    I think it's more likely to be something for ND or she could be heading over here for Country 2 Country.
    Country 2 Country should be announced soon alright. They normally announce things around October.

So Trisha Yearwood is going to Ireland for a concert!!!!!!

Awesome for the Good people of Ireland!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    So Trisha Yearwood is going to Ireland for a concert!!!!!!

Awesome for the Good people of Ireland!!!
    Or perhaps its a Notre dame thing.

Hopefully Trisha gives a proper announcement instead of drip feeding us.

well she is going to be feeding people, its a cook out/tailgate thing.

Half way through October and it's looking less likely that he will be coming back to Ireland anytime soon. Having a concert in May makes sense for Croke Park. May is often a quite time for events. It may be less stress on the residents but then they can use the excuse of kids not being able to get to and from school with the lockdown that happens. It could still happen in June or July but highly unlikely when he hasn't even tried to get back this year when it was quite for him and he has the use of all the stadiums around the country.

Guess I can give up on the hope not anything next year. Unless I make a trip over to America again.

Ya never know, he might make it to Ireland in 2019. Ya gotta have hope.

I am not holding my breath for any Garth concert in Europe.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I wouldn't hold your breath either... his seeming blueprint for this tour seems to include college/pro stadiums (more college than pro)... I'd love to be wrong though- would be interesting to see him over across the pond again for fans there
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

A Band that I am a die hard follower of is Dave Matthews Band. Generally when they release an album, they do 2-3 weeks of shows in Europe. Well, they just released an album in the U.S., and it's European release is next month. There are already rumors that they will have some overseas dates sometime in Feb/March of 2019. It will be their 3rd trip in the past 9 years.

Now, DMB definitely has a following and fans in Europe, but seriously....they're not at all well known. They'll do a full Summer schedule in the U.S. every year, but only a couple of weeks every few years in Europe. Nonetheless, they still do it.

I'm sorry, but it just goes to show that Garth does not care, and he's pretty pathetic with his whole "for the fans" talking point. Really? You can't throw even 1 bone for the couple of fans in Europe? I know you have "The Fever" from Planet Garth, and then 1 or 2 other fans willing to see you perform.

I love how Americans are so believing when they are fed lines of utter BS. Perhaps Garth thinks Europeans and the Irish are same way. He will ONLY play 5 shows, because otherwise some of the fans who bought tickets to the 2 shows that would have been cancelled, would feel slighted. So, as an alternative, the only fair thing to do is do ZERO shows, so EVERY FAN will feel slighted. The reason it sounds so illogical, is because it is.

Point is, if a very popular American group like DMB, that have very limited popularity in Europe, can still find a couple of weeks every few years to play some shows, I think an act like Garth, who has to be at least as popular, if not more, could afford to do some dates once every 20 years. Instead he would rather everyone buy into his SPIN about how difficult and costly it is to play overseas, when all it takes is one look at all the U.S. acts that do shows there, to know it's BS.

BTW, this one performer, who I'm sure Garth has never heard of before, Billy Joel, just announced a show at Wembley Stadium for next June. And it's been literally ages....or rather 3 whole years, since his last appearance at the stadium. But I guess Billy has it more together than Garth, and can find a way to make the UK concert economically viable, and still not go broke.

He's announcing the 2019 stadium tour live on FB.

First Croke Park concert for next year has been announced, there's a second date booked as well.

Leaves one more night free and based on this year they actually had more events than three, so he can have two nights anyway. Anymore and I think the residents might make a fuss. But we have other places to play as well. We have a brand new stadium in Cork.

Based on what he said today, there's more cities going on sale before Christmas but how likely will it be in Ireland?

Based on what he said today, there's more cities going on sale before Christmas but how likely will it be in Ireland?
    How likely? let's be honest (take it or leave it, for better or worse, it is what it is....) Not likely at all. Garth's not coming back to Ireland or Europe any time soon.

would LOVE to be wrong about that, actually, for multiple reasons, but its not likely to happen

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

First Croke Park concert for next year has been announced, there's a second date booked as well.

Leaves one more night free and based on this year they actually had more events than three, so he can have two nights anyway. Anymore and I think the residents might make a fuss. But we have other places to play as well. We have a brand new stadium in Cork.

Sorry I dont think he is, and I think there is ZERO change that he is going to tour outside North America.

If he was thinking about going to Ireland he would've announced it today.

For the first time in a long long time, he has been using the phrase "NORTH AMERICA TOUR " Im also sure most
    those Journos wouldve gotten a headsup, and there was zero questions about overseas dates.

Its a far call to make that Garth Brooks will NEVER tour outside North America again.

Garth should learn not to talk about things before they are a done deal. Like going to Europe or Australia after the 3 year Comeback Tour. Doesn't he understand how many people he hugely disappoints this way?!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowland_Kid View Post
    Garth should learn not to talk about things before they are a done deal
    I think this right here may be one of his problems... great point Main...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

If Garth wanted to play outside North America, he would. HE DOESN'T WANT TO!

I think this 3 Year "North American" Tour should finally put that 100% to rest.

I used to think there was truth to all his posturing and hemming and hawing about wanting to play places like Ireland, Australia or other European countries. There isn't.

The fact a band I'm sure most Europeans has not heard of, and that I follow, Dave Matthews Band, can do a few weeks every several years over there, with no difficult whatsoever, is indication enough that if he wanted to, Garth could do the same.

I stood up for Garth when the Croke Park shows had to be cancelled, even though I had tickets and hotel booked, and planned on attending 3 of them. But it really was all smoke and mirrors. It never seemed to be completely about having to cancel the shows for the financial impact on "Garth, Inc.," but now I can see that it 100% was. The whole "unfair to the fans," BS was clearly just that. Before he goes spewing that again, and how badly he desperately wants to find a way to do shows outside the U.S., he should open his eyes and look at the countless # of U.S. artists who manage to figure out a way to get through the millions of obstacles they must face, to somehow do shows in places like Ireland, the U.K. or Italy, among others.

+ Reply to Thread