+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which musicians from Indiana could Garth be inviting to ND?

Which musicians from Indiana could Garth be inviting to ND?

Garth keeps hinting how there will be all kinds of surprises at the show. It's customary for him to invite celebrities and musicians that are from the region he is doing something special like this. I haven't done a Google search or anyting but who are some well-known artist from the state of Indiana or from Notre Dame that he could possibly be inviting to join them onstage that night like when he had to go to Joel join him in Central Park?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm why stick to indiana? if it's 'from the region' maybe there are others around? (dont' really know, just a guess.. I'd wager perhaps Mitch Rossell will be there... would love to see B joel there but doubt it... who knows..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Steve Wariner is from Noblesville, Ind.

Other than that, I could see Babyface (as he and Garth are friends) or John Mellencamp. That would be it though.

Quote Originally Posted by etsuwes View Post
    Steve Wariner is from Noblesville, Ind.

Other than that, I could see Babyface (as he and Garth are friends) or John Mellencamp. That would be it though.
    Oohh, Mellencamp would be good. I wonder if that would be something today's college kids at ND would get excited about though.

Mellencamp and babyface will be great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Garth keeps hinting how there will be all kinds of surprises at the show. It's customary for him to invite celebrities and musicians that are from the region he is doing something special like this. I haven't done a Google search or anyting but who are some well-known artist from the state of Indiana or from Notre Dame that he could possibly be inviting to join them onstage that night like when he had to go to Joel join him in Central Park?
    He said the same thing about Vegas, and, well.....nothing.

I'd wager Garth will have at least some sort of surprise (other than having TY sing) due to the 'special' aspect of the show.. nw that things have changed AGT winner wise, someone will have to 'fill the bill'.. should be a big name , I'd hope. would imagine we might see Mitch Rossell and maybe other songwriters.... Garth could break the mold- not do things with people from the region around the show... it's possible anyway...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Out of left field idea...can you imagine him inviting either Bruce Springsteen or George Strait to this thing?

George strait I'd be up for... (though I think Garth might be too scared to do so).. Springsteen? ehh- no.... that'd be a bad idea IMO..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Not gonna lie, I personally had it up to my neck with all this unjustified hate that people have for Bruce. I cannot tell you how many times I get yelled at by my family for being a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Not gonna lie, I personally had it up to my neck with all this unjustified hate that people have for Bruce. I cannot tell you how many times I get yelled at by my family for being a fan.
    Dude..... Who said anything about hating Bruce? I'm not gonna lie, I dont' think he's the god like figure some make him out to be, but at least in my way of looking at it- Garth having Bruce? why bring in someone who could potentially upstage you, or who is venerated by some to a point where it would take away from the music potentially. I don't think Garth's that dense. Garth's #1 an entertainer but #2 smart about things. he's going to keep spotlight near or on himself and the music...

just because you're not a fan of someone doesn't mean you hate them

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread