+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Garth Brooks: The Live Anthology Part III

At amazon, there seems to be a limited edition and a regular edition, the limited edition is ranked 9th the regular edition is ranked 32nd. Both seem to be exactly the same cover though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...books_1_1_last

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    At amazon, there seems to be a limited edition and a regular edition, the limited edition is ranked 9th the regular edition is ranked 32nd. Both seem to be exactly the same cover though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...books_1_1_last
    I'm sure the Limited Edition will just have the silver slipcover just like the first Anthology.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I'm sure the Limited Edition will just have the silver slipcover just like the first Anthology.
    Gotta agree with you there on that one
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I like the fact that there's consistency in the slip covers, I'll give credit for that

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....Qg%2BC9xBL.jpg

Here's how I wouldve done the Anthology if I was Garth.

10 Disc multi media set.

DVD

1: Festival/Early years Concert performances from Farm Aid/Black Gold Festival/Austin City Limits.
    2: "Down Under shows" concert performances from Australia and New Zealand in 1994
    3: "Euro Shows", concert performances from his European shows from 1994.
    4: "USA Shows" concert performances from Garth in the USA 1991/1994 (not his tv specials)
    5: " 1996-1998" concert performances from this tour.

CD:

Five CD's from Garth, each CD contain a full show, outside of his previously released TV specials. Taken
    from 1989-1999.

There would be no mention of his just completed tour in this Anthology.

The book will be full of photos of the crowd going nuts and an analytical breakdown of why Garth
    choose to do what he did on stage, and what others close to him thought about what he was doing
    on stage.

I no nothing about AR, but the AR will be of the highest quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    We should realize also that there were 25 songs on double live and we got the fan mix of triple live with 26 songs so what is it 1 unreleased song in this 52 song release.
    Apparently he added More Than a Memory to DL disc 1. Which again is a head scratcher since, of all the songs he could have added or included from the 25th anniversary edition, he chose one that is duplicated on TL.

I donít know. Some of the decisions with this set are just baffling.

Warning: I'm in a kinda pissy mood this morning, so my posts are tending to be laced with a bit of cynicism and snark... sorry!

BUT, for everyone claiming that The Anthology is first and foremost a book supported by CDs and not the other way around, it seems that Garth himself may not agree with that assessment. In this morning's press announcement posted on garthbrooks.com, it says this:

"Additionally Garth discussed his new anthology, The Anthology Part III, LIVE. It takes readers inside the electric world of Garth Brooks concerts. From his first on-stage appearance in college to multi-sold-out stadium shows around the world. The 5 CD package includes the new live album, TRIPLE LIVE. It's the soundtrack of the record breaking, number one tour in North American history. On sale November 20th."

So... Garth himself is calling it a "CD package" and not a book. In fact, the word "book" is not even mentioned in that blurb.

And if Amazon's grand idea to promote Triple Live is indeed what caused it to be included in the Anthology, then what was the original plan for the 5 CDs in the Anthology? And are those live recordings possibly what we're getting in the Diamond series instead?
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 10-17-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Warning: I'm in a kinda pissy mood this morning, so my posts are tending to be laced with a bit of cynicism and snark... sorry!

BUT, for everyone claiming that The Anthology is first and foremost a book supported by CDs and not the other way around, it seems that Garth himself may not agree with that assessment. In this morning's press announcement posted on garthbrooks.com, it says this:

"Additionally Garth discussed his new anthology, The Anthology Part III, LIVE. It takes readers inside the electric world of Garth Brooks concerts. From his first on-stage appearance in college to multi-sold-out stadium shows around the world. The 5 CD package includes the new live album, TRIPLE LIVE. It's the soundtrack of the record breaking, number one tour in North American history. On sale November 20th."

So... Garth himself is calling it a "CD package" and not a book. In fact, the word "book" is not even mentioned in that blurb.

And if Amazon's grand idea to promote Triple Live is indeed what caused it to be included in the Anthology, then what was the original plan for the 5 CDs in the Anthology? And are those live recordings possibly what we're getting in the Diamond series instead?
    Two points: #1 - I kind of agree on the Anthology. He started off talking about it as a book series, but he seems to rely heavily on the music to sell the book. Definitely doesn’t feel like the music is just accompanying a book as some have suggested.

#2 - Great point on Diamond Series. Maybe that is where the idea came from. Once Amazon made that proposal he shifted that stuff over to whatever Diamond Series is. Who knows? Good thought.

Kinda stunned, that a retailer would have say in what Garth puts in the Anthology. Their job should be to to sell, not to advise Garth what he should put in the Anthology.

Good thought that the Anthology will get to stand by itself I guess, with the release of triple live being delayed.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 10-17-2018 at 04:36 PM.

...BUT, for everyone claiming that The Anthology is first and foremost a book supported by CDs and not the other way around, it seems that Garth himself may not agree with that assessment. In this morning's press announcement posted on garthbrooks.com, it says this:

Well, since I've been the one most recently staying that course (the book vs cd package), I'll bite and reply on this one.....

It's easy to say that Garth may not see it as a book.. maybe his way of thinking about it has changed or is changing. . fair 'enough..

I'd simply ask then.... why is his retailer (Amazon) selling it under books and not under music? Why is there listed 2 'authors' not just Garth as an artist?

https://www.amazon.com/Anthology-Par...anthology+live

now I realize that's a nit picking type of stand to take...

Maybe it's both.. Also, (and again a technicality ) ehh Garth himself calling it a CD package? not directly quoted (though I admit he may have done so in the Presser, have not watched it yet. I'll be first one to say I was wrong if he actually is quoted as saying that on the presser...

That's a million dollar question... it would be nice to say heck yeah... but anything more is speculating too much...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Kinda stunned, that a retailer would have say in what Garth puts in the Anthology. Their job should be to to sell, not to advise Garth what he should put in the Anthology.

Good thought that the Anthology will get to stand by itself I guess, with the release of triple live being delayed.
    I seriously doubt that they told him what to put in the anthology. My guess would be that they made a proposal he loved and he felt like he had to put Triple Live in the set, as opposed to delaying it, since he had promised it was coming this year. Heís in complete control of ever aspect. No one told him what to include.

We get it its disappointing that it's just another rehash... but there comes a point, you know, where you have to let it go. Bringing it up is not going to make it more likely to change... it wont make it less likely either...

Maybe he had a slip of the tongue and should've said cd portion and not package?

I for one can't understand people getting to disappointed in music for Anthology 3. I was perusing Amazon today and it is sad that a lot of Garth's music costs so much. If I didn't alredy have a bunch of the music alreay, it would be very hard to collect it nowadays. I live in a small town that has one used music store and a Target and Wally World. The music collections at those two store are almost nothing. They say people aren't buying cds yet they don't offer a selection for people who want to buy. Trying to buy Garth or any artist that is still touring after 30 years is hard. Then you have to take your chances on e-bay or Amazon. And then the prices are crazy. So with Garth releasing repackaged versions of his older cds I think he is giving the new fans a chance to get the music at an affordable price. I also think he knows the older fans do collect his music and will buy it. I think this is a win-win. As a collector I would be over joyed, stoked, whatever if he did stuff I never ever had. But like a stamp collector or baseball card collector, I love when I can add something to my collection I don't have. So I am excited with the Anthology music even if I have it. I have to add that TLFM is one of favorite cds to listen to. (Thanks to my buddy that put it on CD for me.) (But I could do with out the Trisha songs...LOL) the way I also look at it, I remember during the late 60's and early 70's trying to find my parents present for birthdays and Christmas. Country music was always great in a clutch. Mom liked Tammy Wynette and pop loved Johnny Cash. We could always find an album they didn't have. I mean their was greatest hits, best of, love songs, etc with basically the same songs yet with a little vaiety. I do also agree Garth is going for the numbers. We do have to remember it is a business and that is to sell albums. I still can't believe how much these people on line are charging for Limited series cds, regular copies of the albums. Plus I have always bought extra copies of his music to help attract Garth to new fans. So when he sells these boxed sets at such a low price, I find it cool to give as gifts. I know I am rambling as usual but I am excited by any new product Garth releases. :-)

It's on Walmart site now for presale, The Entertainer's price has dropped.

I know starting new threads is fun and all, but do we really need 3 separate threads on this? Can all three please be merged?

And can someone who has it please answer the burning question regarding the mix on Triple Live? Is it the Fan Mix or the standard mix?

Standard mix. And the book is very good.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Will have my review up later tonight- just got mine a bit ago from mail

Book looks good- the binding COULD have been better but not terrible

Pics at first glance seem good though seems quite hea

Underwhelmed by AR At first glance ..more to cone

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Though I am still disappointed in the lack of new visual content I have to make an addendum to my first ‘reveal’ reviews in the other threads and say the writing is FANTASTIC so far! Just on the Central park intro so far.. but yep.. good $&@$ right here!

+ Reply to Thread