+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Garth Brooks: The Live Anthology Part III

Garth Brooks: The Live Anthology Part III

Thought it might be an idea to start an official thread for it, Mods feel free to change the title.

A November release means it's only a couple of months away.

I've tempered by expectations, what I hope from it now is, from the book, that he talks of
    his reaction of when he first started to hit it big, what discussions he may of had with his
    band/ managers of how crazy the crowds were getting, what lead him to say...
    "Hey should I start throwing water/climbing rope ladders etc etc etc.

What was spontaneous?, what was planned? his thoughts on what the media
    was doing, did he ever fear that he would get injured. The enjoyment of playing to
    crowds that were just losing it when he was on stage.

From the DVD.

Yep I know the dvd will be centered on his tv specials, but maybe just a handful of songs
    that didnt appear on the tv specials, or a little bit of footage from concerts we havent seen.

Then i will be happy with it.

I think the key to the Live Anthology is going to be the format. "The First Five Years" contained a book and 5 CDs (no video content). Will the next releases follow a similar format or be completely different?

To me there are two elements here - number of discs and whether those are CDs and/or DVDs. First of all, can we expect there to be 5 discs in each package or could that number be more or less? Will each contain only CDs? Could we get a package of only DVDs? Could we have some sort of combination of both? To me these questions really mean a lot when we are talking about the Live Anthology (and future volumes) and what they contain.

I do think it is highly unlikely that the Live Anthology contains only CDs. One reason for this is Garth has talked about basically "retiring" Double Live and Triple Live sort of replacing it. I think in that scenario it would be odd to include a bunch of tracks from Double Live for the Anthology. I do wonder if Triple Live could somehow end up in the Live Anthology. I also think only CDs in the package is unlikely because if DVDs were to ever show up in any volume this seems to be the most reasonable package for that (other than the supposed documentary we've heard nothing more about).

My gut feeling is there will be quite a bit of focus on the TV specials. As I have said in many posts, although this is not ideal for the hardcore fans it does make some sense. I could see a 5 DVD package featuring TIGB, TIGB2, Central Park, Ireland and Yankee Stadium. If this happens I really hope that the songs that didn't make the TV special end up on the DVDs making these complete shows. That is the one thing that would make rehashing those specials worthwhile.

Of course, the dream would be for there to be 5 DVDs of completely unreleased material. Whether that be a full show from World Tours 1 & 2 (or even an earlier tour), Yankee Stadium, Ryman, Vegas arena show, a bunch of the footage from World Tour I that we all know was recorded, or something else we don't even know about. How cool would that be? I'm not expecting that, but if I was dreaming that is what I'd shoot for.

Whatever it is I just hope for some unreleased material. The Live Anthology has way too much promise just to give us primarily stuff we already have. Here's to hoping there is enough "new" stuff to make it something we here at the boards can be excited about.
    Last edited by rhd13; 09-18-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Is this officially coming out this November??

I am excited for it but I will not be getting my hopes up as the first Anthology let me down a bit.

Still I will be buying this on day one especially at the pricing Garth puts it at.

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    Is this officially coming out this November??

I am excited for it but I will not be getting my hopes up as the first Anthology let me down a bit.

Still I will be buying this on day one especially at the pricing Garth puts it at.
    Garth said this fall. Take it for what itís worth.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Garth said this fall. Take it for what it’s worth.
    good call. don't get OVERLY EXCITED about the release..... it'll happen when it happens. this fall could technically be any time from next week when fall officially starts till 4 days before Christmas... just sayin... likely? around november (last one was 11/14/2017), but who knows.. now for what's on it? depends on if the focus is the touring from the first world tours, or if it's the live experience all the way through this last tour. IF there are DVD's (and that's debatable to me at this point.. a dream? sure- but ehh not getting up the hopes yet) I'd be willing to bet you'll have TIGB, TIGB2, MAYBE I&B, and CP. (yes, essentially a cleaned up/remastered type of 'entertainer' box set). PERHAPS you get a compilation of c2C..

I don't know.. I'd be more interested almost in this one in having the stories, the behind the scenes stuff, the road memories.. you won't have a 'track by track' format as they did in the first book, but perhaps you have a 'show by show' format.... . just a thought
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Read several interviews, where he said the Live anthology will focus on his tours Before retirement. His early tours.

So its basically its what he did Live in the 90's.

yeah like Skywise, the stories in the book might make or break this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Read several interviews, where he said the Live anthology will focus on his tours Before retirement. His early tours.

So its basically its what he did Live in the 90's.

yeah like Skywise, the stories in the book might make or break this thing.
    haven't read all interviews about it, but if that's the case- it makes sense then that it'd be laid out in a format of WT1 and WT2 as sections, (and maybe an 'early days' ) section tour wise. Then, you have for a multimedia component the poss. of essentially cleaning up and working with the Entertainer boxed set discs.. so you get TIGB, TIGB2, I&B, CP, and maybe C2C as the 'shows'. you wont' see the original cuts/releases most likely, you'd have some other version of the 'entertainer' versions.. that's my gut guess...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I would love for the set to contain Trying to Rope the World. I recorded over part of the recording I had, plus it was on VHS. I would love to have that in the set.

Quote Originally Posted by rmila00 View Post
    I would love for the set to contain Trying to Rope the World. I recorded over part of the recording I had, plus it was on VHS. I would love to have that in the set.
    I don't think that will happen, but dang that wouldn't be so bad! I'd like to see that show 'remastered' and digitized officially. It would be a great addition. you know, it might be a good DVD to use for hte 1993-1994 timeframe too..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

That what I was thinking. After all, it was documenting his 1st world tour.

Quote Originally Posted by rmila00 View Post
    That what I was thinking. After all, it was documenting his 1st world tour.
    It is kinda important to have his trying to rope the world dvd in it, or at least part of it, or mention it, because its not just his first world tour,
    its his ONLY world tour.

Didnt tour the world in 96-98 (apart from croke which was separate from the tour) and didnt tour the world in 2014-217 tour.

Like I said its important to document the year "1994" in the Live anthology, because its part of his history, so I hope the Anthology addresses it.

Also Im thinking there will be no audio discs on this thing, because a live thing is a visual thing, so I think the multimedia
    part of it will be DVD footage.

Thought we might of gotten some details of what was going to be on the anthology. Maybe next studio G.

Am I going nuts here, but where I click on amazon link to the First Anthology, Im seeing this.

https://www.amazon.com/Garth-Brooks-.../dp/8925597861

During Barack Obama's two terms, Pete Souza was with the President during more crucial moments than anyone else--and he photographed them all. Souza captured nearly two million photographs of President Obama, in moments highly classified and disarmingly candid. Obama: An Intimate Portrait reproduces more than 300 of Souza's most iconic photographs with fine-art print quality in an oversize collectible format. Together they document the most consequential hours of the Presidency--including the historic image of President Obama and his advisors in the Situation Room during the bin Laden mission--alongside unguarded moments with the President's family, his encounters with children, interactions with world leaders and cultural figures, and more.

Anyway, Its October next month, so maybe just maybe, we are close to the details of the Live anthology.

Am I going nuts here, but where I click on amazon link to the First Anthology, Im seeing this.

https://www.amazon.com/Garth-Brooks-.../dp/8925597861

During Barack Obama's two terms, Pete Souza was with the President during more crucial moments than anyone else--and he photographed them all. Souza captured nearly two million photographs of President Obama, in moments highly classified and disarmingly candid. Obama: An Intimate Portrait reproduces more than 300 of Souza's most iconic photographs with fine-art print quality in an oversize collectible format. Together they document the most consequential hours of the Presidency--including the historic image of President Obama and his advisors in the Situation Room during the bin Laden mission--alongside unguarded moments with the President's family, his encounters with children, interactions with world leaders and cultural figures, and more.
    your'e not going nuts- someone's made a mistake somewhere at Amazon...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Thanks for the info, it seems tomorrow will be a year since Billboard announced Anthology Part 1 online.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ries-exclusive

Hopefully it means, the details of the Live Anthology will be released in the next few days.

anything's possible I suppose.. I def. want details

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Details of the Live Anthology must be extremely soon. Within three weeks at least, and could even be the next studio G.

The eagles have just announced details of their boxset for release in November. So i think the time frame is right for Garth to announce.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-27-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Wrote this message, to the website Country Music Nation....

Just wondering if you guys had a heads up on Garth Brooks live "ANTHOLOGY" and will it contain any previously unreleased concert footage?

They replied......

All of it is commercially unreleased

Have I read their answer right, are they just saying it hasnt been released yet, or that it contains content that has never been released.

Wrote this message, to the website Country Music Nation....

Just wondering if you guys had a heads up on Garth Brooks live "ANTHOLOGY" and will it contain any previously unreleased concert footage?

They replied......

All of it is commercially unreleased

Have I read their answer right, are they just saying it hasnt been released yet, or that it contains content that has never been released.
    It sounds to me like they are saying the contents of the Anthology have never been released before, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    It sounds to me like they are saying the contents of the Anthology have never been released before, but who knows.
    I sure hope it's all stuff we havent seen before.

The Anthology Part III Live - Release Date November 20

According to this Billboard article, we have a release date.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...k-release-date

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    According to this Billboard article, we have a release date.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...k-release-date

Paula
    “The coffee-table book, written by Garth Brooks with Warren Zanes, will include five CDs with 52 live recordings, as well as 10 augmented-reality experiences available through the Garth Live app to book purchasers.”

The “Garth Live app”?!?!??

Mods can close this thread, since we have the other thread.

So we have a book, with 5 CD's. 52 songs.

Im now guessing all previously released songs, and the 52 songs will include the 30 odd songs from triple live, which comes with it.

No video.

Not sure what 10 augmented reality experiences available thru the Garth app, an extra cost?

Have I read all that right.

that cover is AWESOME!!!!!!! I'm excited. Hopefully there's a first edition like volume 1!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Obviously the songs are all live, not sure how many of the 52 audio songs will be taken from Triple Live, I
    also agree the cover is amazing.

For me to buy this thing though some of the songs have to be from concerts that aren't from his tv specials, or weren't
    shown in his tv specials, not a lot maybe half a dozen, despite the book looking like it's going to be freakin amazing,
    it just cant be rehashed musically.

This is what i wrote on my blog my initial thoughts. Let me just say, I kinda rethinked it, but the book alone will be worth it,
    I just think garth has missed the boat, who knows I may be jumping to conclusions but it depends where he takes the 52 songs
    from for the CD's. No dvd's though on it though. :-(

If some of the 52 songs are taken from preiviously unreleased performances, then that would truly Blow me Away.

Straight off the back, the cover looks
    amazing, has really blown me away,
    I'm also sure the book itself will delight
    every Garth Brooks fan that reads it, the
    photographs in the book, which I'm sure
    some of which will have never been seen
    before will be of the highest quality, the
    stories will be wonderful to read, this will
    be a must for every Garth fan, but I also
    think Garth may of missed the boat with
    his Live Anthology.

I'm talking about the CD part of the project.

First off, it's actually criminal that Garth won't
    include any DVD on this project, not only did
    he have a wealth of material to work with, his
    network and cable TV specials, but he had
    literally 100's of hours of never before seen
    footage taped by the Dream Chasers and Crazy
    Duck Productions and himself in the early
    90's.

This is what an Anthology is suppose to be
    about, take a look at Kissology or Tom Petty's
    Anthology, take a look at the Beatles Anthology,
    they put in countless hours of never before seen
    audio and Video.

Garth Brooks The Anthology Part III Live, will
    contain 5 discs, 52 songs, some of these songs
    will be ones that will be on his Live Album Triple
    Live.

The rest is expected to be taken from his live
    TV specials and appearances thru the 90's.

For a Greatest Hits/Boxset/Collection/Complication
    this would be okay, but not for a Live Anthology,
    which is suppose to be a complete documentation
    of an artist's career, Garth doesn't get another change
    to document the Live part of the early 90's this is it.

Dont get me wrong, the book will be perfect, the AR
    thing avaaible thru an App will be quirky and fun to
    have.

It's what could've been with the multimedia side though,
    the raw stuff, the neat stuff, the stuff I like, the stuff
    that had never been released before or seen, Garth
    could've done one of the greatest Anthology's on
    record, but he has appeared to have played it safe.

Maybe it's unfair to judge, when I don't know what 52 song's
    will be on it, but take away Triple Live, (which is freakin
    Awesome by the way) I'm thinking the songs will be
    taken from his TV specials and appearances and not
    what he has kept locked in his master vault for
    25 years, and that is what was needed to be released
    for this Anthology.

Still fingers are crossed that there may be one
    or two surprises,If some of the 52 songs are taken from previously unreleased performances,
    then that would truly Blow me Away.

Time will tell.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 10-01-2018 at 11:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread