+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CMA awards forgot garth

CMA awards forgot garth

How does he not get a single nomination? Number 1 song and the biggest tour and not one single nomination? I am not saying he should have won but how does he not get a nomination? Guess all the crying Eric Church did worked. Pathetic!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    How does he not get a single nomination? Number 1 song and the biggest tour and not one single nomination? I am not saying he should have won but how does he not get a nomination? Guess all the crying Eric Church did worked. Pathetic!!!!
    I'm sorry, but I completely disagree here. The CMAs have done anything but forget Garth. He won Entertainer of the Year twice for the comeback tour. When he won last year the tour was wrapping up only a month later and "Ask Me How I Know" hit the top of the chart around that time as well. He in essence has not been on tour and not released any new music with the exception of the single of "All Day Long" since last year's CMAs. I'm not sure he should be nominated.

I would argue that the CMA has been overly good to Garth during the comeback. The general rule of thumb is if you aren't having radio hits you are not going to win awards or be nominated. I used to work in radio and that is just the truth of the matter. With the exception of "Ask Me How I Know" Garth has had no other Top 10 hits since his comeback yet he netted 2 Entertainer of the Year awards. Why should he be nominated for the same tour a 3rd time when he really hasn't even toured since the last awards shows or released any new music? It isn't a bias its just he hasn't done anything to deserve the nomination in the voting period. He was awarded handsomely, TWICE, for the tour!

That may be an unpopular opinion but I would dare say Garth would say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I completely disagree here. The CMAs have done anything but forget Garth. He won Entertainer of the Year twice for the comeback tour. When he won last year the tour was wrapping up only a month later and "Ask Me How I Know" hit the top of the chart around that time as well. He in essence has not been on tour and not released any new music with the exception of the single of "All Day Long" since last year's CMAs. I'm not sure he should be nominated.

I would argue that the CMA has been overly good to Garth during the comeback. The general rule of thumb is if you aren't having radio hits you are not going to win awards or be nominated. I used to work in radio and that is just the truth of the matter. With the exception of "Ask Me How I Know" Garth has had no other Top 10 hits since his comeback yet he netted 2 Entertainer of the Year awards. Why should he be nominated for the same tour a 3rd time when he really hasn't even toured since the last awards shows or released any new music? It isn't a bias its just he hasn't done anything to deserve the nomination in the voting period. He was awarded handsomely, TWICE, for the tour!

That may be an unpopular opinion but I would dare say Garth would say the same thing.
    Everything written here is on point.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Everything written here is on point.
    despite my not liking the current crap (no typo there) of country that's out there largely... I am spot on in agreement with you wimpy, and Ryan (rhd13) as well.. I doubt Eric Church's whining had much to do with it
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Aside from Garth, the only new guy I'm supporting right now is Chris Stapleton, but I'm seriously smelling a shut out from him.

+ Reply to Thread