+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Triple Live (fan cut) discussion

That's a good pic!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    agreed!
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    That's a good pic!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Looks like it would belong to a Deluxe Edition Vinyl.

Good news !!! Triple Live the fan mix is now up for a free download on Amazon!!

And this time you can download with a phone !!

Thanks amazon and GB
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Going to be so much easier to listen to now!!

I did on my phone last time! It took some work though;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Good news !!! Triple Live the fan mix is now up for a free download on Amazon!!

And this time you can download with a phone !!

Thanks amazon and GB
    Does it have artwork?

Edited: It Does! It Does!!
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 09-19-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Yes..

Has anyone been able to tell (beyond the inclusion of the artwork) whether there are any differences between the Ticketmaster version and the Amazon version? Specifically, are both 320kbps MP3's? Is one version louder or quieter than the other? Are there any differences in the sound, fades, balance, etc? Or are they in every respect identical (other than the artwork)?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Has anyone been able to tell (beyond the inclusion of the artwork) whether there are any differences between the Ticketmaster version and the Amazon version? Specifically, are both 320kbps MP3's? Is one version louder or quieter than the other? Are there any differences in the sound, fades, balance, etc? Or are they in every respect identical (other than the artwork)?
    Personally, I really don't know, but I am really not willing to find out. I'm quite satisfied with what I got right now.

The Amazon download they made the volume the same on each side of the speakers/headphones
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

I will admit I am tech challenged. I have downloaded the TL 3 times but still can't get it to play. Anyone wanna try and help an old man with tech. LOL My e-mail is garthfandr@hotmail.com. I wish I could just buy a burned copy but that is ileagal isn't it. I found the downloads on compter and downloaded the Amazon thing but still no luck. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I will admit I am tech challenged. I have downloaded the TL 3 times but still can't get it to play. Anyone wanna try and help an old man with tech. LOL My e-mail is garthfandr@hotmail.com. I wish I could just buy a burned copy but that is ileagal isn't it. I found the downloads on compter and downloaded the Amazon thing but still no luck. :-)
    hmm- Well without knowing your total setup (I have a mac and a MacBook myself.) I'd wager you'd have to unzip the file that amazon sent you (mine as called triple live - Garth Brooks.zip (it was 209.3mb) and then install/add the mp3 files in the enclosed folder into your music playing program (I have iTunes), or open the songs individually to listen. if you downloaded the amazon music program I dont know QUITE where you go with that as I didnt' download it but I'd say you'd need to follow the program's installer directions and then add the garth songs to that program....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

hmm- Well without knowing your total setup (I have a mac and a MacBook myself.) I'd wager you'd have to unzip the file that amazon sent you (mine as called triple live - Garth Brooks.zip (it was 209.3mb) and then install/add the mp3 files in the enclosed folder into your music playing program (I have iTunes), or open the songs individually to listen. if you downloaded the amazon music program I dont know QUITE where you go with that as I didnt' download it but I'd say you'd need to follow the program's installer directions and then add the garth songs to that program....
    Thanks. :-)

no problem!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Was finally able to compare the files from the Ticketmaster and Amazon versions. Right off the bat the Ticketmaster versions are 320kbps mp3’s, whereas the Amazon versions are 267knps mp3’s. So, technically the Ticketmaster versions are better quality as they contain more bits, but to most people’s ears that difference will be extremely negligible.

Triple Live is now #43 all over and #6 of Country Albums at Amazon.com. This could lead the album to chart on the Billboard charts, under the title Triple Live. Guess that was not Garth's intention.

Its now a paid album on Amazon. So come November we will have two triple lives out there.

I wonder why this has happened?

I wonder if Amazon worked a deal out with Billboard and all million allotted albums got downloaded?

More songs to be included on different versions of Triple Live.

heck next month is October, its getting close to when actual details must be released.

Is it just me or has triple live been totally removed from Amazon, the free and paid version?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Is it just me or has triple live been totally removed from Amazon, the free and paid version?
    Yeah I cannot see it in the store either. So... yeah

looks like it's gone yeah. it was either mistakenly put up for $ sales, or was only supposed to be up a limited time I wager..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I am kinda curious on how the RIAA will count the TL Fan Mix and regular mix. In the past ( like with limited series) when you add songs, the RIAA has counted both as the same album. With Ticketmaster paying for the first download and Amazon doing the second download, this album can be a big seller out the gate. Especially with various covers.

hmmm.... good question.. I'm wondering- (and I could easily be mistaken here). with it being 'given away'.. where are the sales that would count? DID Ticketmaster and Amazon purchase copies which were then 'given away'? if so how, digitally would it count.. just a question

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

hmmm.... good question.. I'm wondering- (and I could easily be mistaken here). with it being 'given away'.. where are the sales that would count? DID Ticketmaster and Amazon purchase copies which were then 'given away'? if so how, digitally would it count.. just a question
    First I was told this: if it has the same upc on the albums they count as the same. I know that Ticketmaster was said to have paid for downlod and I am assuming Amazon did the same, not that it really cost them anything. I think with sea and team it should be able to count how many were downloaded. Maybe somebody can answer the question.

+ Reply to Thread