+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Triple Live (fan cut) discussion

Whiskey to wine - from the Ryman auditorium
    The Dance - from Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    This is really well done. Much more live sounding than Double Live. Standing Outside The Fire, Tacoma, Ask Me How I Know, and Guy Goin’ Nowhere are some early standouts for me. Bravo to him and his team, bravo.
    Thats what hit me straight away, 100% live feel, his voice, the band, the crowd, seriously hats off to Garth for this. Will definitely be buying it in the fall. Heck maybe just because its my first listen, but I will put
    this as my third favorite Garth album of all time behind No fence and Sevens.

Mix adjustment help

Does anyone know how to adjust the music on Triple Live to be more towards the crowd or more towards the stage like it said in the description? Sounds great so far!

Quote Originally Posted by MuchTooYoung333 View Post
    Does anyone know how to adjust the music on Triple Live to be more towards the crowd or more towards the stage like it said in the description? Sounds great so far!
    Have the same question, I have one speaker which is in the monitor down the bottom for sound. I was told on twitter if this is the case, just use headphones, and the crowd will come out of the headphone
    garth will come out of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Have the same question, I have one speaker which is in the monitor down the bottom for sound. I was told on twitter if this is the case, just use headphones, and the crowd will come out of the headphone
    garth will come out of the other.
    How does that work with a song like Shameless, there isn't much of a crowd to listen to.

I'm still on cloud 9 and completely shocked that he dropped this today! I've listened to Disc 1 so far and blown away! Thank you Garth!!!

Got it saved to computer but need to figure out how to move it to another place. The place I was downloaded to is only good for 40 days and then I have to pay for it. I need to make a copy. Great sounding. I can't wait for real album to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Got it saved to computer but need to figure out how to move it to another place. The place I was downloaded to is only good for 40 days and then I have to pay for it. I need to make a copy. Great sounding. I can't wait for real album to come out.
    This may sound dumb, but I just click and drag every song to a new folder on my desk top.

The pan on these songs is amazing!!!!! It's truly a FAN MIX!!! Listen to it how you wanna listen to it!!! If you upload it into an audio editing software or any music player that has left and right channel panning you can literally go all right channel, which is far off in the crowd and garth more faint with the crowd loud and singing, or go all left channel which is Garth and the band rockin' the audio coming from the soundboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    This may sound dumb, but I just click and drag every song to a new folder on my desk top.
    I will try. I am not computer literate which is why I love CDs. LOL.

About to go to work on it in garage band.

People will probably dislike me for making this part of the discussion. Since Ticketmaster paid for the TL download, if a million or more people download it, does that mean its certified for 3 million? Can it be downloaded more than a million times between Studio G and the Ticketmaster people tomorrow? What if 3.5 million people download the 3 disc set will that mean it is certified as a Diamond album? And will these totals be added to the TL release later this fall? Between the various covers, with this added to the total, you are talking mega block buster.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHawk View Post
    About to go to work on it in garage band.
    Call me nuts but what are U doing with it in garageband?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

So as I waited for inside studio g I had my laptop set to ticket master and then when 7 hit and garth was on, I clicked download album typed in the password and that means I should have been one of the first well my screen went blank(never had problem before) and then when I got it working again it said my down load is locked, I gave up. I should have had it like one of the first people I know a lot of you did the same thing, then I kept trying with no luck until about 10 now downloaded. First listen and I am amazed, I think a lot of these songs which are on double live are better here, people loving people sounds a lit better than the album version. I somehow think there is more songs on the official release.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Call me nuts but what are U doing with it in garageband?

playing with the mix

Unanswered Prayers sounds like he just ran up 12 flights of stairs.

Gotcha stormhawk-

Maybe I’ll try that too- it’s def better live wise than double live

There will def be more songs on the “regular mix” in the fall

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Listened first on my crappy laptop speakers, then dug up some old headphones...WOW. What a difference! Sounds 100 times better!
    Guy Goin' Nowhere is amazing! And The Fireman is pretty awesome!

I only have some older apple standard issue iPhone headphones at home. Got it loaded on my phone to listen again at work tomorrow where I have some top notch Bose. Excited to see what that sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Whiskey to wine - from the Ryman auditorium
    The Dance - from Nashville
    Think they overdubbed bass to "WTW" in the studio. It was all acoustic guitar originally.

He says “Boston Strong” in People Loving People
    Tacoma is in Nebraska
    Last edited by DuckStreetCowboy; 08-28-2018 at 01:52 AM.

I may have gone all fan boy with my review at my blog, but what the hey.

10/10

The most authentic Live album in History.

Garth Brooks has scored a grand slam with this
    one.

Even if you just listen to it normally without
    adjusting your speakers or headphones to either
    make Garth or the crowd louder, this Live
    album will go down as one of the greats.

His Voice, the band, the crowd, the emotion, Triple
    Live has such a LIVE feel to it, close your eyes and
    you will be back there at one of his concerts.

Sometimes Live albums come across as too muffled,
    or too over produced, and it loses what the artist is
    like in concert.

With Triple Live, Garth Brooks has not only set the
    bar for a live album, but has game changed the Live
    Album industry.

This free fan mixed offered by Ticketmaster for a short
    time, is a gift from Garth Brooks to say thanks for
    his record breaking tour, Triple Live will come out
    in the fall with more songs.

This live version has 26 songs, the highlight for me
    being, his version of George Strait's The Fireman
    and a mind blowing version of Ashley McBride's,
    girl going nowhere.

The crowd is loud on all his classics, what comes through
    for me though is the fun that Garth and his band was having
    and the enjoyment of the crowd, it really picks up on the
    emotion of a Garth Brooks concert.

That is why I call it game changing.

Come the fall, I will be buying the retail version and
    downloading the digital version.

Right now, Im about to listen to it all over again.

Well done Garth Brooks!

Anyone found higher resolution artwork, yet?

Can we only listen to this for a period of time or do we have this forever?

If you love it - don't spend my two cents.

I got the email, made the download. Instantly re-numbered everything and made it 'one' disc instead of 'three' (so that it plays as one album on my phone, in order, as I do with everything that is multi-disc). It's incredibly silly to split 26 tracks to 3 discs just to call it triple live. Each disc is about 35 mins. Not needed, and definitely deserves added content or better formatting when it hits physical. There is zero need for 3 discs in its current running order. Especially with the disappointing fade-ins and fade-outs already between each song. That drove me nuts about the last album. Easiest thing to 'fake' is the transition between live songs with audience noise....but it's like they couldn't be bothered. Everything else on the last album was faked - so why stop there? I digress.

After a listen or two, I had to come here, because.....I don't get it. I am cool with the new songs, the 'different' songs (Tacoma, Guy Going Nowhere, etc.) Nice to see stuff like that tossed on. Nice to also hear a few things that would've been overdubbed out on the last one, vocally speaking anyway.

But, this 'fan mix' gimmick. It's crap. Complete crap. Why on earth would I want something that sounds like a fan-made 1990's era bootleg? I have plenty of those. Hell, I have plenty from this very tour. I want the real deal. The stuff that's in the left channel. That's what I expect from the artist.

If you want to experiment with the 'in the crowd' mix, fine. That's your bag, I get it. But you need to stop giving the illusion that you have both options with this. You don't, unless you are ready to work for it and re-mix the thing for yourself. Otherwise you're stuck with an overly loud vocal mix on the left, and an overly loud audience on the right that meets in the middle to form a reverb filled crap cake.

For free, I feel bad for not being jazzed. But it just feels like a letdown. It sounds like a letdown when you drop it in the car, or someplace with speakers a bit farther apart than your ears, it just doesn't play well for me. Tried it on the home stereo, in the car, and in the garage. The only place it sounds halfway decent is headphones - but having heard it everywhere else first, my mind can only pick out the separation and has a very difficult time piecing it back together.

You want to do a 'fan mix'? Then give me three discs of housekeeping songs. That's what the fans wanted. How do I know? They freaking told you so with the signs. Make that your limited fan mix. Put the 'normal', more popular standards on the 'regular' mix.

I do appreciate the effort to try to get something live out there, even if it is once again Garthed-up, like anything else he's 'never done before'. I just wish he would've done the Peter Gabriel/Counting Crows/Matchbox 20/any other artist route and sold each show on his website or something. Even if you had to wait until the tour was over, to avoid 'surprises' that he was so terrified of YouTube having pop up that would keep people from buying tickets, I'd be cool with that.

I'll give this 'fan mix' version a 2/5 for now for me. A full retail version would probably get 3.5 from me, just by removing the 'fan mix' gimmick and giving me a more balanced spectrum. Add/remove some songs, and it would only go up. I would really like to have MATM, I'm one of the few that liked it and thought it was a grand opener (and still love PLP, glad it's here, even if it has the annoying chorus singers). Could definitely do without Mom, another version of Unanswered Prayers, Beaches, In Another's Eyes, and Fishin in the Dark (which I find his voice so amazingly horrible on, whinging almost).

I'll also add that The Dance from Nashville - downer. I know it was the last city. I know how much he wants to be relevant and show he loves the town. I really get it, and why it was on the record. There were FAR greater versions just in the shows I personally attended though. FAR greater speeches at the end of the song, that actually gave you the feels.

Nice to hear a shoutout to Nebraska on 'Tacoma', and 'this state's national anthem' for Baton Rouge, among a few others. Little things like that make the other things even more frustrating for me.

I'm going to give it another chance, because even with it's faults it's still better than Gunslinger. Just hoping for a better version next time (and the inevitable time after that) it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Can we only listen to this for a period of time or do we have this forever?
    Once you download it, it's yours for as long as you want it

Gotta say, gbjr77... for the first time in a long time- I can't say I agree with your assessment- not totally..

Quote Originally Posted by GBJR77 View Post
    I got the email, made the download. Instantly re-numbered everything and made it 'one' disc instead of 'three' (so that it plays as one album on my phone, in order, as I do with everything that is multi-disc). It's incredibly silly to split 26 tracks to 3 discs just to call it triple live. Each disc is about 35 mins. Not needed, and definitely deserves added content or better formatting when it hits physical.
    you know Garth's going to spruce things up/add more/make a 'carrot' for the public to grab at when it hits physical.. def... I do agree, making it one big disc works too..

There is zero need for 3 discs in its current running order. Especially with the disappointing fade-ins and fade-outs already between each song. That drove me nuts about the last album. Easiest thing to 'fake' is the transition between live songs with audience noise....but it's like they couldn't be bothered. Everything else on the last album was faked - so why stop there? I digress.
    yeah there are fade outs/fade ins.. for me at least, listening to the fan mix portion gave it more of a 'live' feel.. I especially liked (even if you didnt' get ALL of the talking, some of the tiny tidbits Garth let stay in there where he's talking- even if it's a ego stroke for the cities he references in the songs. (I'm waiting for Much Too Young- thats' gotta come from Denver... on the physical edition maybe)

After a listen or two, I had to come here, because.....I don't get it. I am cool with the new songs, the 'different' songs (Tacoma, Guy Going Nowhere, etc.) Nice to see stuff like that tossed on. Nice to also hear a few things that would've been overdubbed out on the last one, vocally speaking anyway.
    I really liked Guy going nowhere.. Tacoma wasn't bad, but honestly it seemed like Garth was out of tune at parts.. maybe it's just cause I've never been a huge fan of the song..

But, this 'fan mix' gimmick. It's crap. Complete crap. Why on earth would I want something that sounds like a fan-made 1990's era bootleg? I have plenty of those. Hell, I have plenty from this very tour. I want the real deal. The stuff that's in the left channel. That's what I expect from the artist.
    I'd love to have a fully mixed/nice copy of the left channel def. (and hey, you holding out on me? have we swapped any other shows from this past tour? PM me) .. I don't think I can call the fan mix gimmick crap thoguh. it's novelty sure. but it's not crap. I do think there were parts where the right channel seemed to be a microsecond ahead of the left. but that also could have been my headphones....

For free, I feel bad for not being jazzed. But it just feels like a letdown. It sounds like a letdown when you drop it in the car, or someplace with speakers a bit farther apart than your ears, it just doesn't play well for me. Tried it on the home stereo, in the car, and in the garage. The only place it sounds halfway decent is headphones - but having heard it everywhere else first, my mind can only pick out the separation and has a very difficult time piecing it back together.
    full disclosure, I do still hav to listen to it in my car..

You want to do a 'fan mix'? Then give me three discs of housekeeping songs. That's what the fans wanted. How do I know? They freaking told you so with the signs. Make that your limited fan mix. Put the 'normal', more popular standards on the 'regular' mix.
    Come on, you know Garth is a dinosaur there (much the same way he's dropped the ball digitally with apple..) but you also know that he'll find a way to get some housekeeping stuff there if it can lead to sales.. I like the idea of a 'triple live' housekeeping- but you knwo it's not coming- not as the fans want... Garth should follow KISS' lead in the live album way.. but he wont

I do appreciate the effort to try to get something live out there, even if it is once again Garthed-up, like anything else he's 'never done before'. I just wish he would've done the Peter Gabriel/Counting Crows/Matchbox 20/any other artist route and sold each show on his website or something. Even if you had to wait until the tour was over, to avoid 'surprises' that he was so terrified of YouTube having pop up that would keep people from buying tickets, I'd be cool with that.
    that would have been nice but Garth's too much of a control freak/greedy about sales to do that- I'd love to have an official copy of the 3 shows i went to in Denver..

I'll give this 'fan mix' version a 2/5 for now for me. A full retail version would probably get 3.5 from me, just by removing the 'fan mix' gimmick and giving me a more balanced spectrum. Add/remove some songs, and it would only go up. I would really like to have MATM, I'm one of the few that liked it and thought it was a grand opener (and still love PLP, glad it's here, even if it has the annoying chorus singers). Could definitely do without Mom, another version of Unanswered Prayers, Beaches, In Another's Eyes, and Fishin in the Dark (which I find his voice so amazingly horrible on, whinging almost).

I'll also add that The Dance from Nashville - downer. I know it was the last city. I know how much he wants to be relevant and show he loves the town. I really get it, and why it was on the record. There were FAR greater versions just in the shows I personally attended though. FAR greater speeches at the end of the song, that actually gave you the feels.

Nice to hear a shoutout to Nebraska on 'Tacoma', and 'this state's national anthem' for Baton Rouge, among a few others. Little things like that make the other things even more frustrating for me.

I'm going to give it another chance, because even with it's faults it's still better than Gunslinger. Just hoping for a better version next time (and the inevitable time after that) it is released.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I like this. I am hoping for double the amount of songs for the regular version. A lot of songs that make up the live show are missing at the moment.

I would suspect that some songs are not entirely from the same show, as with Double Live. As for one example, there is something going on in That Summer from the 4.02 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by gbfevernorway View Post
    I like this. I am hoping for double the amount of songs for the regular version. A lot of songs that make up the live show are missing at the moment.

I would suspect that some songs are not entirely from the same show, as with Double Live. As for one example, there is something going on in That Summer from the 4.02 mark.
    That will be something to look forward too!

+ Reply to Thread