+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How successful should we expect Triple Live to be?

How successful should we expect Triple Live to be?

Part of me thinks it will be somewhat of a dud because double live has been released in so many different ways and there will be many of the same songs.

However, there were 3 years worth of shows that young fans went to who may have never listened to double live that may be interested in triple live because they were at the shows. Plus the new songs that will be on there.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Part of me thinks it will be somewhat of a dud because double live has been released in so many different ways and there will be many of the same songs.

However, there were 3 years worth of shows that young fans went to who may have never listened to double live that may be interested in triple live because they were at the shows. Plus the new songs that will be on there.
    Well I hope I'm wrong, but I expect it to be about the same as his other recent releases. It'll be certified platinum because Garth will make sure that a million copies are shipped initially. But I doubt it'll reach double or triple platinum on its own.

I think Emerald is right. I suspect it will do well, but itís not going to become one of the best selling albums ever. My gut is that it will go triple platinum because he will make sure a million copies get shipped.

The much bigger concern for me is how good is it quality wise. I hope the production is good, but I hope itís not overly polished. I also desperately hope there are several unexpected songs. A 36-40 song tracklist would ensure that.

Right, I guess if it has 3 discs, it will be certified Triple Platinum if it ships 1 million copies.

This is a very interesting question.
    A lot depends on how many copies of each cover is released. If he does like Double Live with limited edition/foil copy with 1 million and then does a million of each of the 6 covers, he has 21 million combined. This would tie DL if I am not mistaken.
    What would be interesting is if he bundles a separate cover of TL with Anthology 2 or even Anthology 1. Especially around the holidays. He ended up with 12 covers of DL so maybe he includes this version in the Diamond Box since it can be certified with shipments of 4 million. Diamond Box ships 1 million and TL adds 3 million copies to its total. We could be at 24 million copies shipped.
    And if he can get the covers up to 12, we are talking a total of 36 million.
    With a new generation of fans, hit singles on the radio, us loyal old timers and Garth's ability to promote his product. Plus if he starts doing as others with bundling albums with concert tickets. The sky is the limit.
    I think a cool idea is for him to do the residency thing again but this time, include a special cover of TL bundled with every ticket sold. Going to be interesting to see what he comes up with.

The fgact that he is only with amazon for digital will hurt him, Its like if in the 90's he decided, "I wont release cds just cassette tapes"
    Im sure they will ship at least one million copies, it will certified at 3 Million by the RIAA for sure.

+ Reply to Thread