+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is rarest Garth CD or CD single?

What is rarest Garth CD or CD single?

I am curious as to what people consider the rarest Garth CD or CD single? I know the vinyl album is pretty hard to get but what about cds? :-)

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Hmm.... good question- suppose it's a bit suggestive answer wise... My personal 'rarest CD' is probably a CD single of the song 2 pina coladas, shaped like a flower. otherwise, my rarest DVD/ video would be probably either one of the live shows I have, or my recording of the Denver Health Gala that Garth was the keynote performer at in 2010

CD wise? for me it's the shaped CD single...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

That one is pretty cool! It's limited and numbered! It's from Ireland, shaped like clovers, at least I think that's what it's supposed to be. My rarest one is the For Your Consideration-Frequency-When You Come Back To Me Again (limited to just one hundred, numbered)

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Hmm.... good question- suppose it's a bit suggestive answer wise... My personal 'rarest CD' is probably a CD single of the song 2 pina coladas, shaped like a flower. otherwise, my rarest DVD/ video would be probably either one of the live shows I have, or my recording of the Denver Health Gala that Garth was the keynote performer at in 2010

CD wise? for me it's the shaped CD single...
    Cool! I have that “Two Pina Coladas” single as well. Also have a UK version of No Fences with the singles from the debut album as bonus tracks.

The rarest I have ever heard was over a decade back, I dont have it anymore because my old computer died, but it was a audio file of his concert in Germany in 1994.

This seems like the right thread for this...

Um, is this really the once planned and then cancelled Anniversary Edition of No Fences?

https://www.amazon.com/Not-Use-Royal...s=garth+brooks

I find it hard to believe. Need more pictures and information before I drop any money.

I may be crazy, but I ordered it. I figured if it isn't the cancelled anniversary edition then I paid a little too much for a copy of the CD. HA! If it is the cancelled edition it will be worth every penny.

Several things caused me to pull the trigger on this item. Yes, I could have gotten screwed out of $20, but I find naming the product as "Do Not Use (Royalties Cancelled Product)" is probably not the phrasing someone would have used when trying to sell a limited CD if they knew what it was. Makes me believe maybe there is a sticker or something on it that uses this wording.

The other thing is the product details. It shows a release date of December 2016, the label is Sbm-Ireland Local (whatever that means) and the run time is 38 minutes. The run time of a regular No Fences is around 33 minutes. Of course, "This Ain't Tennessee" could be on there and increase run time.

I just got a gut feeling so I pulled the trigger. I may be an idiot HA!

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Several things caused me to pull the trigger on this item. Yes, I could have gotten screwed out of $20, but I find naming the product as "Do Not Use (Royalties Cancelled Product)" is probably not the phrasing someone would have used when trying to sell a limited CD if they knew what it was. Makes me believe maybe there is a sticker or something on it that uses this wording.

The other thing is the product details. It shows a release date of December 2016, the label is Sbm-Ireland Local (whatever that means) and the run time is 38 minutes. The run time of a regular No Fences is around 33 minutes. Of course, "This Ain't Tennessee" could be on there and increase run time.

Can’t wait ‘til you get it!! If it indeed is a a copy of the cancelled Aniversary Edition, then that means the deal was much farther along in the process than we knew, even to the point of production. And yes, it would also mean that it was worth every penny!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Can’t wait ‘til you get it!! If it indeed is a a copy of the cancelled Aniversary Edition, then that means the deal was much farther along in the process than we knew, even to the point of production. And yes, it would also mean that it was worth every penny!!
    Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it was to that point. They could have started production thinking they might get all that stuff ironed out, and of course, they never did. Obviously we know he went so far as to have the "new" version of FILP recorded for it.

Please keep us posted! Also if it's a CDR or a factory pressed disc!

Good luck

I wrote the guy this morning and he said it had 10 songs, so I passed. I'm sure GB would not drop an original NF cut for This Ain't Tennessee or the new version of Friends...

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I wrote the guy this morning and he said it had 10 songs, so I passed. I'm sure GB would not drop an original NF cut for This Ain't Tennessee or the new version of Friends...
    Well the reason I said that is because the running time is around 33:30 for No Fences. Shows a running time of 38 minutes on Amazon page. This Ain’t Tennessee was obviously included on several versions of No Fences album. Just find the whole thing very odd.

Did a little digging and it looks like it may be an Irish import. May not be an anniversary edition, but as a collector it may be a neat item to have.

Agreed. I've got a several imports albums, but none from Ireland. Cool find for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post

I pulled the trigger also. It was $12.95 plus shipping. We will see when it comes. :-)

+ Reply to Thread