+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: All the stuff we have to look forward to

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    655

    All the stuff we have to look forward to

    There has been a lot of negativity in the last few weeks/months with the disappointment of some of the announcements and now the Eric Church comments. I just want to get back to talking about all the stuff we have to look forward to. Thought it also might be fun to guess what we think the 2 upcoming big announcements are.

    So if memory serves this is all the various stuff we have on the way:

    1. Triple Live - Based upon Garth's comments it seems we are probably getting a 3-disc album (thus the name) and there will be 2 mixes of that album. He has discussed that there will be a limited mix featuring music on one channel and audience on the other. That would, of course, imply there is a regular mix of the album as well. He's also dropped that there will be 6 covers in this initial run with 3 of them being - Yankee Stadium, The Ryman and The Whiteout.

    2. The Live Anthology - There hasn't been a lot said about the Live Anthology or its contents except for it appears it will contain the tours prior to the comeback tour and that the most recent tour would be covered in the comeback volume.

    3. The Anthology series in general - Based upon an interview that was posted a few months ago Garth revealed that #3 in the series would be "The Hits" so that leaves "The Rest of the 90s" and the "Comeback" volumes to come in the next few years.

    4. The video documentary portion of the Anthology - Almost nothing has been said about this in recent months, but originally the first volume of this was supposed to come in the spring. I'm assuming this portion of the Anthology is still coming at some point.

    5. New Album - Obviously, we have a new album on the way and based on comments it looks like we may get a few more tracks before the album is totally released.

    6. The Diamond Series - I think most of us expected that this was going to be a boxset of the Diamond albums, but he shocked us all by revealing that it looks like this is going to be the music we get via G-mail. He has talked about "house keeping" material being released this way. Not sure what this is actually going to be, but it sounds really interesting.

    7. The Tour (maybe a college stadium tour) - Clearly we've got a tour on the way and most everyone seems to believe it is some sort of college stadium tour. We should know more soon.

    Long story short, as Garth fans we all have a LOT to look forward to and most of it has the potential to be really interesting and exciting.

    I think it is reasonable to assume that the announcement that is coming in the next few weeks is the tour announcement. I believe the announcement coming later in the year is going to be the combination of Triple Live and the Live Anthology and they are going to be released both separately and in some sort of package deal/box set.

    I also believe it will be at least Spring of next year before we see the new album and it would not surprise me if it ends up being even later than that. As far as the other stuff goes, who knows. Obviously it is all in the works, but I suspect we won't see "The Hits" portion of the Anthology until at least the holidays of 2019. Hopefully the Diamond Series will start to reveal itself before the end of the year.

    There is a lot coming and I hope some of it lives up to expectations.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Arlington, Tx.
    Posts
    739
    Good post. We really do have reasons to be excited about what's coming!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    749
    We're almost into August and we only really got two new songs. That's that good enough. I don't think we'll see half of what's on that list.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    1,728
    Great summary. I also think we may get something to celebrate the 30th anniversary next year. That is a big milestone and Garth Brooks started it all in 1989. I would love to see an album with lots of added content released, special cover and liner notes and make it limited edition with maybe 1 million copies.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    We're almost into August and we only really got two new songs. That's that good enough. I don't think we'll see half of what's on that list.
    I donít think we will see half of it this year, but I think itís all coming in the next few years. Heís talked too much about these things for them not to see the light of day.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I don’t think we will see half of it this year, but I think it’s all coming in the next few years. He’s talked too much about these things for them not to see the light of day.
    If he talks about things, I kind of want it now. Or a few months down the line. Some things he's been talking about since last year.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    If he talks about things, I kind of want it now. Or a few months down the line. Some things he's been talking about since last year.
    Gotcha! I can totally relate to that. Iím just hoping we get Triple Live and the Live Anthology this year!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Gotcha! I can totally relate to that. I’m just hoping we get Triple Live and the Live Anthology this year!
    I hope we get something this year. Not too fussy, just something new.

  9. #9
    Yes, there is a lot of stuff coming, I do beleive it will be spread out over like an 18 month period. Which is a good thing, each release will be its own special thing.

    In terms of the announcement, one will be the tour, one will be about triple live, which I have such high hopes for, I think it's going to be one heck of a live album.

  10. #10
    So is there any chance do you think the Live Anthology will be coming out this year?? Or will it be 2019 maybe even 2020?

    I have to say, this is what I am most looking forward to of everything that is being released this year, and Im hoping so so hard there will
    be unreleased concert footage from concerts that werent part of any tv special.

  11. #11
    So whenever the Live Anthology gets released, I think it has to be more than just talking of the big tv specials TIGB TIGB2 Ireland, and Central Park.

    If it just about those concerts then I think Garth is doing himself a disservice.

    I hope it about the crazyness of his early concerts, the buzz the music world had about his concert at that time. Again footage from concerts that werent part of the tv specials would be super cool. Now a ton of
    those shows did get filmed in those early days, so the footage is there, It has to be raw, has to be unedited.

    Im not being greedy, I dont expect full concert footage from various cities in the states and from his 1994 world tour. But bits and pieces from these concerts will be great.

    Footage from all over the states would be great and Garth giving indepth thought about the early days would be brilliant.

    If its not about this and just focues on the tv specials, heck there better be never before seen footage of those specials.

    For me personally this has a chance to be the greatest Garth Brooks Product I own or the biggest disappointment, somewhere inbetween
    may leave me with a flat feeling. I guess time will tell, I just hope it will be released sometime in the next year and we arent waiting till
    2020 for it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    1,728
    I saw on the Garth Brooks Believers page on Facebook a rare clip of him singing the song that inspired ain't Going Down. Maybe he is going to let out tidbits to excite people.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    So whenever the Live Anthology gets released, I think it has to be more than just talking of the big tv specials TIGB TIGB2 Ireland, and Central Park.
    So obviously none of us have any earthly idea what Garth plans to do, but to me it makes a lot of sense to release a volume of the Anthology each year for 5 consecutive years. On a Studio G or at a presser he mentioned something about it taking 4-5 years so to me this makes a lot of sense.

    I could be totally wrong, but I thought it was mentioned somewhere that he was releasing the Live Anthology next to basically coincide with Triple Live. That kind of makes sense why he isn't going in order if he is planning to release them together or within a few month period of each other. There would be a heavy focus on the live portion of his career. This is one reason I think they will both be available in November. My guess is there will be some sort of package featuring both.

    He said in an interview that The Hits was going to be 3rd so I've got a gut feeling there will be some kind of box set/reissue of the catalog next fall (2019) to coincide with that portion of the Anthology set. It will also be the 30th anniversary of his first album. So I think there is a bigger picture plan in place of why he's releasing them in the order he's releasing them so there is a focus on certain elements of his career.

    As far as the Live Anthology, my worst fear is that it will basically be a reissue of TIGB, TIGB 2, Central Park and Ireland. Garth is clearly big on "moments" and these shows are kind of defining moments in his career. I'm bracing for the possibility that this is what we get, a big focus on those 4 shows. I would be OK with that IF we get those shows in their entirety because clearly there were more songs performed in all of those shows (except Central Park) than has ever been released. If we got the shows complete I could live with it.

    Of course, I don't think the above is ideal. This is a shot to include some things from those early tours. It seems pretty clear that the first World Tour was pretty heavily documented because there has been footage of it pop up in different places. I think we should get a full, uncut, show from each tour and if that happened I would be beside myself excited. However, I really don't think that will happen. One can dream though.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    1,728
    Didn't he also say this past spring we were going to get a DVD to coincide with the first anthology.I was also wondering if the second volume of Anthology will be more a pictorial book with DVDs of the concerts and shows. And the Hits could be the Diamond box/30th anniversary set. I am wondering if he would release that in the spring/summer when Much Too Young was released or when the Garth Brooks album was released? I am sure he wants to make an impact with each thing he is releasing without it hurting sales of each other.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Didn't he also say this past spring we were going to get a DVD to coincide with the first anthology.I was also wondering if the second volume of Anthology will be more a pictorial book with DVDs of the concerts and shows. And the Hits could be the Diamond box/30th anniversary set. I am wondering if he would release that in the spring/summer when Much Too Young was released or when the Garth Brooks album was released? I am sure he wants to make an impact with each thing he is releasing without it hurting sales of each other.
    AGREE, a lot coming and you dont want each release to hurt the other. I kinda thought that the stand alone gunslinger was hurt by the ultimate collection and the xmas album, and there was also a problem
    I think with the public getting the ultimate hits mixed up with the ultimate collection.

    I think they need to be spread out, but hopefully it wont be late November for the first release, what ever that might be.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    So obviously none of us have any earthly idea what Garth plans to do, but to me it makes a lot of sense to release a volume of the Anthology each year for 5 consecutive years. On a Studio G or at a presser he mentioned something about it taking 4-5 years so to me this makes a lot of sense.

    I could be totally wrong, but I thought it was mentioned somewhere that he was releasing the Live Anthology next to basically coincide with Triple Live. That kind of makes sense why he isn't going in order if he is planning to release them together or within a few month period of each other. There would be a heavy focus on the live portion of his career. This is one reason I think they will both be available in November. My guess is there will be some sort of package featuring both.

    He said in an interview that The Hits was going to be 3rd so I've got a gut feeling there will be some kind of box set/reissue of the catalog next fall (2019) to coincide with that portion of the Anthology set. It will also be the 30th anniversary of his first album. So I think there is a bigger picture plan in place of why he's releasing them in the order he's releasing them so there is a focus on certain elements of his career.

    As far as the Live Anthology, my worst fear is that it will basically be a reissue of TIGB, TIGB 2, Central Park and Ireland. Garth is clearly big on "moments" and these shows are kind of defining moments in his career. I'm bracing for the possibility that this is what we get, a big focus on those 4 shows. I would be OK with that IF we get those shows in their entirety because clearly there were more songs performed in all of those shows (except Central Park) than has ever been released. If we got the shows complete I could live with it.

    Of course, I don't think the above is ideal. This is a shot to include some things from those early tours. It seems pretty clear that the first World Tour was pretty heavily documented because there has been footage of it pop up in different places. I think we should get a full, uncut, show from each tour and if that happened I would be beside myself excited. However, I really don't think that will happen. One can dream though.
    In terms of the Live anthology, I think i said this before, it has to be better than the usual Boxset/Collection, and Anthology should be documentary like, it should contain good and bad, errors and successes. Most of all it
    should include a massive percentage of UNreleased material, if it doesnt, then its just another boxset/collection/greatest Hits.

    For me, this is not like the announcements of announcements, or one off stadium shows which are cool, this is not like a new studio album which will be fantastic or the new live album which Im looking foward too, this
    Live anthology for me is everything. I became a fan because of the rawness of his live performances, I love all his tv specials, but I am at a time in my life where Im looking back at what his music meant to be and I
    have fingers and toes and everything else crossed that this ticks all the boxes in a way that is pure class and has dignity.

    A lot of what I think of Garth will come down to how he does this Live Anthology.

  17. #17
    A live concert on NBC at Notre Dame to coincide with the release of the live anthology and triple live sure makes a lot of sense.

  18. #18
    I wonder when he will start talking about the Live anthology.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts