+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Six Covers!!!!!

Six Covers!!!!!

Thanks for information Cissie.
    Wow I am excited if it is true. Six covers like Double Live for Triple Live. My pocketbook will take a hit but I am game. I love having stuff to collect. So if he does the same as DL, then maybe a Limited edition special cover. Maybe that means he will release a new cover once the six covers sell out. So we have new cd, TL, Anthology 2 and maybe Diamond Boxed set. It feels like Christmas already.

He did mention something about trading covers with other fans around the world, if they can pull it off some how, if I remember right on Studio G a few weeks ago!

That is so stupid and he only does it for money.

No, some of his fans also enjoy the hunt of collecting all the covers! There's many reasons why he does it.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    No, some of his fans also enjoy the hunt of collecting all the covers! There's many reasons why he does it.
    That is so true. I am a collector besides being a big Garth fan. I collect 2 of every cover of his albums. Don't ask me why. I have done it since the early 90's. I think I started doing this because I wanted one copy for the car and one for the house. Even being as vigilent as I have been, I am still missing a couple of the albums. That is what makes collecting fun. I go to record stores when I go out of town to see if I can find something I am missing. Some people (still) collect stamps, books etc. I choose to collect Garth albums. I wonder how this trading thing will work out. I am willing to help others out from my area. I just hope I can get them all. I am missing one from Double Live but technically have it because it was in the box set. But I want to get a single copy to complete my DL set. If someone doesn't like having more than one cover, then don't buy more than one. Why get mean about it. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and saying buy more than one copy. I love the fact that the backs of the albums change, the front, the spine. I wish there was a site you could compare albums to see if you are missing a certain one. So for me, this a great thing. My wallet may take a beating for a few weeks but I can skip a Habit Burger or Starbucks until I complete my collection.
    This next few months will be cool to hear what is coming out in the fall and spring. Triple Live, Anthology 2, New album, and possibly the Diamond Boxed set and hopefully a 30th anniversary Garth Brooks release. And a collectors dream, a vinyl release of all his albums.
    For me it feels like when I was a little kid and the sears toy catalog would come. My brothers and I would spend hours dreaming about the toys we wanted.

I am getting confused by all the Triple Live talk. So will housekeeping be on one album and then not on new release? Like is he going to do a first edition with housekeeping and then a regular one without it? And will the first six covers have housekeeping or will each album have housekeeping from the concert named on the album.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I am getting confused by all the Triple Live talk. So will housekeeping be on one album and then not on new release? Like is he going to do a first edition with housekeeping and then a regular one without it? And will the first six covers have housekeeping or will each album have housekeeping from the concert named on the album.
    Until Garth officially spells it out I guess none of us know for sure, but I assume this will be like the Double Live release. Double Live has a total of 11 covers and for the first 10 all of them had the exact same music. The 11th, with the different music, was the Double Live release in 2014 celebrating "25 Years of Live" when he announced he was coming out of retirement and Ghost Tunes. It had 5 bonus tracks and was slightly remixed in a few places. So with the exception of that release they were all EXACTLY the same music wise.

Here is a rundown of how it happened if memory serves:

With Double Live he originally released six covers. They were Limited Edition (with him in the middle of the flags of the countries he played in), TIGB, TIGB 2, Central Park, Ireland, and World Tour II. Wikipedia says the 6 covers were released over a 6 week period, but that is wrong. I bought all 6 on release day.

Later, don't remember when but it was fairly soon after the original release, he released a 7th cover celebrating World Tour I.

Then when the 2nd version of the Limited Series box set was released (2005) there were 3 covers available in those boxes. Off Stage, Final Night of World Tour II (College Station, TX) and the USS Enterprise.

Finally, he released the 11th cover in 2014 as a celebration of "25 years of live". Cover was from Toby Keith's Tornado Benefit and there was some slight remixing done.

Like I said, with the exception of that 2014 release they were all the same music wise. Just the packaging was different. On a fun side note, I wanted to go back and look through the packaging since we've all been talking about it lately but I can't. I actually have the first 10 framed in a big frame at my house with the first 7 in the set autographed.

It sounds like he is going to do something very similar this time around with Triple Live. Already stated there will be 6 covers just like with Double Live. Also has stated there may be rereleases in the future with additional tracks. He stated potentially stuff off the new album might be included later down the road.

One big difference this time around is it sounds like there is going to be a "Fan Mix" as he called it where the music comes out of one speaker and the crowd out of the other. He has also stated there will be a "regular mix". Who knows if certain covers will go with the "Fan Mix". I'm sure he will spell that out for us. Kind of makes sense the "Fan Mix" might be the First Edition or Limited Edition version that way it could be separated pretty easily. I assume most average listeners would not prefer that mix.
    Last edited by rhd13; 07-31-2018 at 09:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread