+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Travel Advice for Garth Brooks

Travel Advice for Garth Brooks

I was just thinking back to a clip I saw of Garth Brooks, not sure if it
    was Studio G or not, but it was from a couple of weeks ago I think.

In the clip he mentioned places he hasn't played before, that he would like too,
    Moscow and Paris.

In Previous statements he has mentioned he would love to play, Tokyo and Beijing.

Even going back to his Wynn Show in 2010, he also mentioned he would love to
    return to Australia, in a AOL show in 2016 he said he would love to return to New
    Zealand also. Since about 2010 he has mentioned returning to Scotland and Spain
    and Norway, even after the Ireland debacle he has mention in various interviews all
    these places he would love to play.

So he does seem to have a desire to play countries around the world, some he wants
    to return to, some he wants to visit for the first time, his problem seems to be....

How to Freakin get there, how to organize it all, and whats involve with traveling overseas,
    when he can go, he seems to have no idea whatsoever, how this works.

So here's my travel advice for Mr Garth Brooks.

There is an invention called an Airplane, that takes you to these places.

You just need a Passport, and your on your freaking way.

If you dont want to take a whole freakin stage with you, then dont, most venues would have a stage.

There is no law saying you have to play a big Mother freakin arena or Stadium, plenty of artists have played
    town halls and theaters, its quite easy, Im sure there is a bus schedule that takes you and your band mates to a venue.

Most these venues in these countries are in town and indoors so you dont have to put up with a
    bunch of beer belly, Brown boys watching, Brexit leaving, inbreed gimps, like those that live in Croke.

The rest of the good people of Ireland won't care if you do a small concert somewhere else.

Now I know, you said the world part of the tour was delayed, because one concert turned into five, and what was suppose to be an 18 month tour turned into three years (funny enough) you said the same thing about your
    1996-1998 tour, kinda thought you may of seen this coming, but anyway I digress.

Ya see, when you say, you would love to go/play these cities around the world and then you don't
    you come across like that guy/girl at work who is always saying "I would love to go to (Insert country name
    here)" But you know full well, if you bumped into that person when in 40 years time, they haven't been
    anyway, it's just all talk

Every single artist of every single genre has managed to get on a plane and traveled where they
    wanted to go, Dixie Chicks played in a field in NewZealand, Carrie underwood played an arena
    in Europe ,Steve Earl played in a bar in Aussie, Willie Nelson has traveled a lot and most of the time he is goofed on skunk weed.

So there is really no issue at all, why you cant do something, you really want to do, none whatsoever.

You could get anyway you want to go in 12 hours. So Hop on one of those new airplane thingy's.

Take Jimmy, Dave and Trisha with you, walk into a local town hall in Russia or Croatia that may only seat
    2000 people and have a blast. You will create memories for yourself.

But if you decide this is not for you, maybe just maybe its good idea to stop saying.....

"I would love to play (insert country name) but its too difficult"

That isnt a freaking good look, since traveling is quiet easy, not that hard.

So get ya passport, take ya hat, and start singing ya fav songs, the world is waiting.

Oh Brown Boys is the name of an unfunny tv show and not a racial comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I was just thinking back to a clip I saw of Garth Brooks, not sure if it
    was Studio G or not, but it was from a couple of weeks ago I think.

In the clip he mentioned places he hasn't played before, that he would like too,
    Moscow and Paris.

In Previous statements he has mentioned he would love to play, Tokyo and Beijing.

Even going back to his Wynn Show in 2010, he also mentioned he would love to
    return to Australia, in a AOL show in 2016 he said he would love to return to New
    Zealand also. Since about 2010 he has mentioned returning to Scotland and Spain
    and Norway, even after the Ireland debacle he has mention in various interviews all
    these places he would love to play.

So he does seem to have a desire to play countries around the world, some he wants
    to return to, some he wants to visit for the first time, his problem seems to be....

How to Freakin get there, how to organize it all, and whats involve with traveling overseas,
    when he can go, he seems to have no idea whatsoever, how this works.

So here's my travel advice for Mr Garth Brooks.

There is an invention called an Airplane, that takes you to these places.

You just need a Passport, and your on your freaking way.

If you dont want to take a whole freakin stage with you, then dont, most venues would have a stage.

There is no law saying you have to play a big Mother freakin arena or Stadium, plenty of artists have played
    town halls and theaters, its quite easy, Im sure there is a bus schedule that takes you and your band mates to a venue.

Most these venues in these countries are in town and indoors so you dont have to put up with a
    bunch of beer belly, Brown boys watching, Brexit leaving, inbreed gimps, like those that live in Croke.

The rest of the good people of Ireland won't care if you do a small concert somewhere else.

Now I know, you said the world part of the tour was delayed, because one concert turned into five, and what was suppose to be an 18 month tour turned into three years (funny enough) you said the same thing about your
    1996-1998 tour, kinda thought you may of seen this coming, but anyway I digress.

Ya see, when you say, you would love to go/play these cities around the world and then you don't
    you come across like that guy/girl at work who is always saying "I would love to go to (Insert country name
    here)" But you know full well, if you bumped into that person when in 40 years time, they haven't been
    anyway, it's just all talk

Every single artist of every single genre has managed to get on a plane and traveled where they
    wanted to go, Dixie Chicks played in a field in NewZealand, Carrie underwood played an arena
    in Europe ,Steve Earl played in a bar in Aussie, Willie Nelson has traveled a lot and most of the time he is goofed on skunk weed.

So there is really no issue at all, why you cant do something, you really want to do, none whatsoever.

You could get anyway you want to go in 12 hours. So Hop on one of those new airplane thingy's.

Take Jimmy, Dave and Trisha with you, walk into a local town hall in Russia or Croatia that may only seat
    2000 people and have a blast. You will create memories for yourself.

But if you decide this is not for you, maybe just maybe its good idea to stop saying.....

"I would love to play (insert country name) but its too difficult"

That isnt a freaking good look, since traveling is quiet easy, not that hard.

So get ya passport, take ya hat, and start singing ya fav songs, the world is waiting.
    Hey Brett, I have a strong dislike for the people who objected to the 2014 Croke Park gigs but I'm still a teeny bit offended by this -
    You have to remember that the debacle had zero to do with Garth, it was set to be the biggest event ever held at Croke Park so the protestors knew it would hurt.
    Not to mention the fake signatures / fake injunctions.

Anyway, don't shoot the messenger and this is pure speculation. I have heard from a number of sources that there is a plan to bring this stadium tour to Croke Park
    in May or June of next year. No idea of number of nights or details but the plan has been put to the venue and the local council to try and make it happen. This comes from
    someone heavily involved with concert promotion in Ireland. I asked the question about other cities in Europe or further afield and they had no info. They mentioned that this
    is very much a sport stadium tour and that they would expect to confirm things by September.

Fingers crossed that Dublin City Council are proactive this time rather than dismissive.

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    Hey Brett, I have a strong dislike for the people who objected to the 2014 Croke Park gigs but I'm still a teeny bit offended by this -
    You have to remember that the debacle had zero to do with Garth, it was set to be the biggest event ever held at Croke Park so the protestors knew it would hurt.
    Not to mention the fake signatures / fake injunctions.

Anyway, don't shoot the messenger and this is pure speculation. I have heard from a number of sources that there is a plan to bring this stadium tour to Croke Park
    in May or June of next year. No idea of number of nights or details but the plan has been put to the venue and the local council to try and make it happen. This comes from
    someone heavily involved with concert promotion in Ireland. I asked the question about other cities in Europe or further afield and they had no info. They mentioned that this
    is very much a sport stadium tour and that they would expect to confirm things by September.

Fingers crossed that Dublin City Council are proactive this time rather than dismissive.
    Hehe, no need to take offense, the comments were directed at the half dozen people who protested the concert. Not the good people of Ireland.

+ Reply to Thread