+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Many Albums Will We Be Buying?????

How Many Albums Will We Be Buying?????

With all the music be bandied about and multiple albums being released, how many albums will we be buying. As a collector I buy 2 of every album. So I was thinking that new music album will probably have regular edition and a first edition. So for me that means 4 copies. Then with Anthology 2 it will probably have 1 copy. But if he follows the first anthology two versions. As of now I am only counting on one copy, so my total is 6 copies. That would change if he decided to do limited edition or released DVD version.
    That leaves us with Triple Live. I see a first Edition and regular copy. So add 4 to my total and we are up to 10 copies. But he might do multiple covers like Double Live. Possibilities are endless.
    Then will he release a 30th anniversary/special version of Garth Brooks or maybe his entire catalog. Or maybe a Very limited edition boxed set of his first albums? I could see him work on getting the early albums all certified Diamond status.
    With his first album, I would love to see him rerelease it with the original album and an acoustic version of the songs or rarities to celebrate the anniversary.
    I know I am rambling. I am just excited as a collector of the possibilities coming up.

I will be buying Triple live, when its released this year.
    I will be buying the new studio album when its released next year.
    I will be buying the Live anthology when its released.

Im guessing the diamond series thing, is a box set, of his albums that went Diamond, unless there is a ton of unreleased material on it, I wont be buying it.

I wont be buying extra copies of Triple live, studio album etc etc.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Hmm.... If I hold true to form- I'll be purchasing 2 of everything- one to have, one to collect.. Gunslinger was the first time I'd purchased regular AND limited editions in this way.. honestly I don't see the point to purchasing 4-5-6 copies of the same album.. not if the only diff. is a cover or art, etc.. there needs to be SOME sort of thing to grab you..

I have probably just mellowed in my collecting some... but that's just me
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

So gathering from comments on another thread, Diamond Series boxed set or similar will be coming out. Probably early next year to coincide with 30th anniversary. I wonder how much of his catalog will be certified Diamond by then. I am wondering if The Chase and In Pieces have sold enough copies since the last time they were certified? I am figuring The Chase with its 25th anniversary edition added some numbers to the count. Will be interesting to see. I am going to be hoping for gift cards for my birthday hopefully from Target. That would cut down on out of pocket expenses...LOL. So Triple Live, Diamond Series, New album and Anthology 2. I am excited and can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    So gathering from comments on another thread, Diamond Series boxed set or similar will be coming out. Probably early next year to coincide with 30th anniversary. I wonder how much of his catalog will be certified Diamond by then. I am wondering if The Chase and In Pieces have sold enough copies since the last time they were certified? I am figuring The Chase with its 25th anniversary edition added some numbers to the count. Will be interesting to see. I am going to be hoping for gift cards for my birthday hopefully from Target. That would cut down on out of pocket expenses...LOL. So Triple Live, Diamond Series, New album and Anthology 2. I am excited and can't wait.
    Eh.... I think you're either overthinking things, GBkubfan, or weren't listening closely to garth. I don't think that he was dropping hints of an impending boxed set release to coincide with any anniversary.. (though that would be cool if there were additions a plenty in it).. The Diamond series isn't nec. going to be a boxed set, sounds more like it's going to be something released (digitally?) to G-mail list people, that they can't get anywhere else, and apparently it may not cost them anything price wise at all?.. I don't think we're talking say, a boxed set available at target

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Well since I already feel I was suckered into the preorder I will only buy one copy, whichever happens to have bonus tracks or something added. If not just whatever I find at Walmart or Target.

Triple Live will need to be priced right for me to consider it as I don't even listen to Double Live much (the only track I have of it on my iPhone is More Than A Memory) and have a radically different setlist.

Live Anthology will be bought if only to have the series intact.

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    Well since I already feel I was suckered into the preorder I will only buy one copy, whichever happens to have bonus tracks or something added. If not just whatever I find at Walmart or Target.
    this may be opening a can of worms an I'm not wanting to, so feel free to ignore me but....

how were you "suckered in" to the pre order? understand on the feeling of the whole thing, just not sure as to HOW it happened..

re walmart/target.. Exclusives if they happen, will prob. mean another purchase for me, but yeah- not gonna over do it, just to say I did.. 1 first edition for having, one for keeping in collection- that's about it

Triple Live will need to be priced right for me to consider it as I don't even listen to Double Live much (the only track I have of it on my iPhone is More Than A Memory) and have a radically different setlist.

Live Anthology will be bought if only to have the series intact.
    don't totally agree w/ you but I can't fault your opinion here.. fair 'enough. . sounds like live anthology is being worked on though...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I guess suckered is too strong or an inaccurate word. It just rubbed me the wrong way to for over $10 for two songs. Not that I don't do preorders (I've preordered David Lee Murphy, Montgomery Gentry and Paul McCartney in the last few months) the difference is that those had confirmed release dates (the PM disc is due in September) whereas Garth's is tentatively sometime next year.

That being said I will still buy as I mentioned one physical copy just for the sake of my collection being complete.

And I pray Garth has learned to use the iCloud just in case he fries this phone again

I saw the Facebook page Garth Brooks Believers had a contest today on giving copies of TUH final pressing. I wonder if they are going to advertise that on copies in stores. If sso, should I breakdown and buy a couple copies. I wonder how many copies it will be certisfied for?

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Wow. Thanks. I guess I will be looking to add to my collection. :-) Thanks again.

No problem! Happy hunting!

+ Reply to Thread