+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: NEW SINGLE: All Day Long

Just out of curiosity, why opposed?

Yeah, it's not uncommon for a new single to come out way before the album. Yeah, it sucks not knowing the release date but considering what he's got planned for the fall, it's understandable, at least to me...

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why opposed?
    Dang man, you beat me to the question! was gonna post same thing
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Billboard: #27 Mediabase: #30

It held up great after debut week! Now we watch it build. Would be remarkable to never see it outside the top 30.

I just pre-ordered the album this morning and I'm with the group of people who thought the B-Side was better. But in terms of a radio release, I thought All Day Long was the smarter choice for release because of how middle of the road it was. The Road I'm On, would've been a perfect release had Garth still been working in the early 2000's. Or better yet, I think he would have killed it on Dierks Bentley's Free and Easy, cause that's what this song reminds me of.

Billboard: #24 (+3 spots) Mediabase: #26 (+4 spots)

"All Day Long" continues its hot start on the charts! While many of us are disappointed with the announcement today, we can celebrate the success this song is finding early in its run!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Billboard: #24 (+3 spots) Mediabase: #26 (+4 spots)

"All Day Long" continues its hot start on the charts! While many of us are disappointed with the announcement today, we can celebrate the success this song is finding early in its run!
    And he's embracing it head on in Studio G. I think he knew what he was doing when he wrote this one as a flashback to the 90s we all miss and how it would look in concert even though I admit I was a little disappointed at first. But now I love it!

Great article mentioning Garth and the honkey talk sound.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-school-sounds

I will be honest I like the road iím on a lot more then all day long. It should have been the first single

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I will be honest I like the road iím on a lot more then all day long. It should have been the first single
    An introspective song that is so personal to the life of a musician would have no shot at todays country radio. Country radio wants broad strokes.

I love "The Road I'm On", but it should never be a single. I also love "All Day Long" and because of its relatability and tempo it is the perfect lead single.

Update to compare with the previous lead single on day 24 of release:
    Baby Let's Lay Down and Dance: #31 1922 spins
    All Day Long: #23 2438

Of course nothing is guaranteed, but the early returns say "All Day Long" is a great lead single.

Billboard: #22 (+2 spots) Mediabase: #22 (+4 spots)

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Billboard: #22 (+2 spots) Mediabase: #22 (+4 spots)
    Going the right direction!

Seems to be top 10 for sure, its a fun song!!

I don't listen to the radio much... but in the last few weeks I've been trying to peruse my city's 3 country stations whenever I'm in the car in the hopes of hearing this song. But alas, I still have not heard it even once. I have heard Luke Combs' "When it Rains it Pours" about 9,000,000 times, though --- once on all three stations at the same time. Ugh!!

Anyway, I'm glad to see that this is going up the charts, but here in SLC, as far as I can tell there is no evidence of it.

+ Reply to Thread