+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NEW SINGLE: All Day Long

Just out of curiosity, why opposed?

Yeah, it's not uncommon for a new single to come out way before the album. Yeah, it sucks not knowing the release date but considering what he's got planned for the fall, it's understandable, at least to me...

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why opposed?
    Dang man, you beat me to the question! was gonna post same thing
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Billboard: #27 Mediabase: #30

It held up great after debut week! Now we watch it build. Would be remarkable to never see it outside the top 30.

I just pre-ordered the album this morning and I'm with the group of people who thought the B-Side was better. But in terms of a radio release, I thought All Day Long was the smarter choice for release because of how middle of the road it was. The Road I'm On, would've been a perfect release had Garth still been working in the early 2000's. Or better yet, I think he would have killed it on Dierks Bentley's Free and Easy, cause that's what this song reminds me of.

Billboard: #24 (+3 spots) Mediabase: #26 (+4 spots)

"All Day Long" continues its hot start on the charts! While many of us are disappointed with the announcement today, we can celebrate the success this song is finding early in its run!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Billboard: #24 (+3 spots) Mediabase: #26 (+4 spots)

"All Day Long" continues its hot start on the charts! While many of us are disappointed with the announcement today, we can celebrate the success this song is finding early in its run!
    And he's embracing it head on in Studio G. I think he knew what he was doing when he wrote this one as a flashback to the 90s we all miss and how it would look in concert even though I admit I was a little disappointed at first. But now I love it!

Great article mentioning Garth and the honkey talk sound.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-school-sounds

I will be honest I like the road iím on a lot more then all day long. It should have been the first single

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I will be honest I like the road iím on a lot more then all day long. It should have been the first single
    An introspective song that is so personal to the life of a musician would have no shot at todays country radio. Country radio wants broad strokes.

I love "The Road I'm On", but it should never be a single. I also love "All Day Long" and because of its relatability and tempo it is the perfect lead single.

Update to compare with the previous lead single on day 24 of release:
    Baby Let's Lay Down and Dance: #31 1922 spins
    All Day Long: #23 2438

Of course nothing is guaranteed, but the early returns say "All Day Long" is a great lead single.

Billboard: #22 (+2 spots) Mediabase: #22 (+4 spots)

Billboard: #22 (+2 spots) Mediabase: #22 (+4 spots)
    Going the right direction!

Seems to be top 10 for sure, its a fun song!!

I don't listen to the radio much... but in the last few weeks I've been trying to peruse my city's 3 country stations whenever I'm in the car in the hopes of hearing this song. But alas, I still have not heard it even once. I have heard Luke Combs' "When it Rains it Pours" about 9,000,000 times, though --- once on all three stations at the same time. Ugh!!

Anyway, I'm glad to see that this is going up the charts, but here in SLC, as far as I can tell there is no evidence of it.

Billboard: #18 (+4 spots) Mediabase: #19 (+3 spots)

Rollin’ right along!

Billboard: #18 (0) Mediabase: #18 (+1 spot)

Had a solid week of gains there is just a big log jam of songs ahead with a big head start. Will likely be 3 weeks or so before it breaks into the top 15.

Billboard: #18 (0) Mediabase: #18 (+1 spot)

Had a solid week of gains there is just a big log jam of songs ahead with a big head start. Will likely be 3 weeks or so before it breaks into the top 15.
    I'm ok with Kenny Chesney being ahead of him for now. Everyone else needs to move out of his way!

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I'm ok with Kenny Chesney being ahead of him for now. Everyone else needs to move out of his way!
    From what I'm hearing and with a few listens myself, his new album is actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    From what I'm hearing and with a few listens myself, his new album is actually pretty good.
    Yeah, the last two albums have been really strong. His catalog is one of the strongest in country music.

Not to derail the thread, but has anyone seen Kenny in concert? I always hear about him playing stadiums, but have never had a chance to go see him.

Yeah, the last two albums have been really strong. His catalog is one of the strongest in country music.

Not to derail the thread, but has anyone seen Kenny in concert? I always hear about him playing stadiums, but have never had a chance to go see him.
    I've seen Kenny many times over the years and he is a good entertainer. Like most, I think it would depend on if you are a fan of his music. If you are you'd probably love this show. I would say he's not a 4-time Entertainer of the Year for nothing.

The last time he played Nashville he played Bridgestone Arena for two nights instead of playing the stadium. It was opening night of the tour and he played 3 hours and 20 minutes with a 36 song setlist. He had special guests like Taylor Swift, Grace Potter, David Lee Murphy, Uncle Kracker and Joe Walsh. No other way to describe it other than epic. One of the top 5 country shows I've ever seen.

Although I don't expect this tour to match that I am going to see him when he rolls through Nashville in less than 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I've seen Kenny many times over the years and he is a good entertainer. Like most, I think it would depend on if you are a fan of his music. If you are you'd probably love this show. I would say he's not a 4-time Entertainer of the Year for nothing.

The last time he played Nashville he played Bridgestone Arena for two nights instead of playing the stadium. It was opening night of the tour and he played 3 hours and 20 minutes with a 36 song setlist. He had special guests like Taylor Swift, Grace Potter, David Lee Murphy, Uncle Kracker and Joe Walsh. No other way to describe it other than epic. One of the top 5 country shows I've ever seen.

Although I don't expect this tour to match that I am going to see him when he rolls through Nashville in less than 2 weeks.
    I saw him on this tour in May when he rolled through here. It's good as always and is a big party. He only played his fast paced songs on purpose he said to make it nothing but energy.

I didn't care for his new album at first because it's different but then I heard his Sirus interview with Stormy Warren and how it's about the islands getting hit by the hurricane and how all the profit is going to a relief fund and the album took on a whole new meaning. Not I can't stop listening to him. And ironically, Garth mentioned him on Studio G a couple of weeks back and he has a spot on the Garth channel where he talks about how great a guy Chesney is now that he's been able to get to know him since he didn't get to know many of the artists in the 90s because they never saw each other while doing their careers.

I think the "Why opposed?" comment was directed towards me.

Simply put, I don't want to pay for something that I can't hold on to in regards to music. I just can't bring myself to pay for invisible music LOL.

It may not make much sense to some of you, or even most of you. But yeah, that's it. Give me an album, cassette or a CD.

I am with you. I don't do the digital/streaming etc. I like to have an album or CD. I have some digital but have never listened to any of the music I have on Itunes or Amazon. I consider it a waste. Plus I like reading what little passes for liner notes these days. I like looking at my music. Plus I am a collector and love seeing the cds together. I was reading an article that said even though sales of CDs will go down, it will be over 30 years before the cd might disappear. I will probably be dead and gone by then so I will continue to buy and enjoy the CD until then. If God lets me live past 90 I will just listen to my old cds if I can't buy cds anymore. :-)

Billboard: #19 (-1 spot) Mediabase: #19 (-1 spot)

This was not a good week. Only gained about 100 spins. That said, it’s no time to be concerned yet. Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, and Jake Owen will all be falling off the charts soon so let’s hope that Garth grabs some momentum from those 3 #1’s going away.

Billboard: #19 (-1 spot) Mediabase: #19 (-1 spot)

This was not a good week. Only gained about 100 spins. That said, it’s no time to be concerned yet. Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, and Jake Owen will all be falling off the charts soon so let’s hope that Garth grabs some momentum from those 3 #1’s going away.
    Bummer news for the week but thanks for the explanation on a possible rebound.

Billboard: #17 (+2 spots) Mediabase: #17 (+2 spots)

Bounced back pretty well this week. The end of last week was very solid, so here's to continuing momentum!

Another note: The song is already up to #10 on the Shazam chart. Meaning people are hearing it and using their Shazam app to find out what song it is. Ask Me How I Know dominated that chart for a long while.

We drove to Raleigh on Saturday and came back today and I heard this a ton on #55.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Billboard: #16 (+1 spot) Mediabase: #14 (+3 spots)

American Country Countdown as it at number 14. It's been ahead the Sunday before the new rankings come out on Tuesday. It hasn't normally been that way but it is with ADL. So, at least a 2 spot jump this coming week if this plays out like it has been the last couple of weeks?

+ Reply to Thread