+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crazy Wacky Conspiracy Theory about Annoucenment

Crazy Wacky Conspiracy Theory about Annoucenment

The reason Garth has delayed his announcement for months, is not because, hes
    waiting for it to come together, BUT it's because its fallen thru.

The July 9th thing, which he will tell us, is the "Big Announcement", will be something
    that was just going to be announced anyway, and Not "The Biggest thing" Bigger
    than playing on the Moon, at a pace Ive never done before. etc etc.

Bear with me here.

The last year, we have all heard snippets about it, and we have heard also Garth
    talking about playing places hes never played before, one of those places he mentioned
    was Russia.

About two days ago, Russia announced that a Brit Pop singer (who I cant stand, and wont name
    because I think he is horrible) will perform before the opening match of the FIFA World Cup.

Which he did today.

I think that was it. I think Garth was originally going to perform at the FIFA World Cup, Opening
    match. I think it was going to be announced in April, then negotiations must of gone wrong, then
    he was going to announce last week at CMA Fest, but it didnt work out.

So they got the english pop singer at the very last minute to fill in.

Thats my theory.

Are you talking about Robbie Williams. I can't stand him either.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Yep.

Also Garth said a while ago he was talking to Billy Joel's people who arranged his concert in Moscow in 87.

So Im wondering if he was suppose to play the opening ceremony of the world cup.

I really cannot imagine that they would let him play at the opening of the world cup. Because world wide... EVERYBODY knows Robbie Williams... but they definitely do not know Garth Brooks! Here in Europe alone there are millions and millions of people who don't know him. No, I am not buying that theory.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowland_Kid View Post
    I really cannot imagine that they would let him play at the opening of the world cup. Because world wide... EVERYBODY knows Robbie Williams... but they definitely do not know Garth Brooks! Here in Europe alone there are millions and millions of people who don't know him. No, I am not buying that theory.
    I tend to agree with this right here. The World Cup is not really a country music demographic by any stretch of the imagination. The right artist to do something like that is someone like Robbie Williams, U2, Beyonce, etc. I just can't even imagine Garth being considered for that event (and that is not a knock on Garth in any way.) It's like having a punk band headline CMA Fest or something. It just isn't a fit at all in my mind.

Look, Garth is one of the greatest artists in American music history, but the vast majority of his sales, ticket receipts, etc. are here in the US. Yes, I know he has a few hot beds internationally (Ireland being one of the biggest), but I just can't see this as a real possibility.

+ Reply to Thread